Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Captain Lithuania
21 minutes ago, kila said:

:rofl:

Seriously? Stendel's fault we didn't sign a good centre half this season? What money did he blow? The two flops Avdijaj and Langer were proper cheapies to the end of the season!

Give over you complete joker. Langer was in the Bundesliga and Avdijaj was in the Turkish first league. If you think they were on pennies here you definitely are deluded.  

The only decent signing he made was Sibbick and I am level headed enough to admit that was just poor fortune.

If he had spent the money on two players who could manage more than 5 games between them then maybe we wouldn’t have been bottom by the time the league ended. And we wouldn’t be where we are.

Neilson is doing a fine job and I hope he manages to tune out you clowns longer than he was able to last time, this time around. 

Gutted about today but we made a game of it.

51 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

How?? Genuinely like you to explain.

Cause we were utter shit until he changed it

Lack of pace up top 

Halliday / Irving just doesn’t work infact Halliday is not good enough 

if we started with ginelly haring Lee I reckon we would have won that 

Not going to criticise Robbie for today. Did a great job preparing the players for the semi-final and had them playing well today again. Both first-half goals were freakish in their own way. The one mistake he made was in picking Jamie Walker, an utter shitebag who will hopefully never play for Hearts again, but I guess the starting line-up wasn’t an easy one to arrive at. 

Hearts do this to you.  The 2019 final was heartbreaking, but this was ten times worse. If Kingsley puts his penalty away, I think we win the Cup. Such fine margins. And, given the circumstances, I think it might well have been the greatest achievement in the history of the club.

1 minute ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Give over you complete joker. Langer was in the Bundesliga and Avdijaj was in the Turkish first league. If you think they were on pennies here you definitely are deluded.  

The only decent signing he made was Sibbick and I am level headed enough to admit that was just poor fortune.

If he had spent the money on two players who could manage more than 5 games between them then maybe we wouldn’t have been bottom by the time the league ended. And we wouldn’t be where we are.

Neilson is doing a fine job and I hope he manages to tune out you clowns longer than he was able to last time, this time around. 

Gutted about today but we made a game of it.

Go on then, how much did we spend on Langer and Avdijaj since you seem to know?

And you're another saying Boyce wasn't a Stendel signing are you?

Budge shackled Stendel's transfer window. It was 1 in 1 out. Was never like that for Levein, Neilson or Cathro.

I am all for backing Neilson right now, but I don't agree with the shit being poured over Stendel.

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, kila said:

Go on then, how much did we spend on Langer and Avdijaj since you seem to know?

And you're another saying Boyce wasn't a Stendel signing are you?

Budge shackled Stendel's transfer window. It was 1 in 1 out. Was never like that for Levein, Neilson or Cathro.

I am all for backing Neilson right now, but I don't agree with the shit being poured over Stendel.

I have no idea how much they were being paid, but even if it was £500 a week each it was £1,000 a week too much, and you can’t deny that. 

I have no idea who signed Boyce either, but if Stendel did that’s 1/4. Hardly great is it?

Im not pouring shit on Stendel, far from it. See my earlier post. Don’t let that get in the way though. 

6 minutes ago, leginten said:

Not going to criticise Robbie for today. Did a great job preparing the players for the semi-final and had them playing well today again. Both first-half goals were freakish in their own way. The one mistake he made was in picking Jamie Walker, an utter shitebag who will hopefully never play for Hearts again, but I guess the starting line-up wasn’t an easy one to arrive at. 

Hearts do this to you.  The 2019 final was heartbreaking, but this was ten times worse. If Kingsley puts his penalty away, I think we win the Cup. Such fine margins. And, given the circumstances, I think it might well have been the greatest achievement in the history of the club.

I agrree with you, in my opinion this would have been our greatest ever win. Still once agin our weak mentality shows. We were 2 smashed penalties away from glory, The game was in our hands at 3-2 in pens, the for some unknown reason two players hit penalties that lacked the necessary conviction. Yet another so near, but so far opportunity squandered.

Disser Pointon
8 minutes ago, leginten said:

I agree with 99% of your post aside from Jamie Walker, he was poor today and deserved to be hooked, but he's done a turn recently and will continue to do so in the championship............. Not good enough for when we go up though I would agree.

Frank Sidebottom
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I agrree with you, in my opinion this would have been our greatest ever win. Still once agin our weak mentality shows. We were 2 smashed penalties away from glory, The game was in our hands at 3-2 in pens, the for some unknown reason two players hit penalties that lacked the necessary conviction. Yet another so near, but so far opportunity squandered.

Don’t think anyone could describe today’s outcome as a result of weak mentality.  Anything but if you ask me.  

35 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It was frustrating, it was exciting, it was disappointing in the end and I'm still not sure whether to be annoyed at giving up a real chance for a cup win or applauding the efforts of the side

The manager can do so much and I doubt in terms of preparation he left much undone......sometimes events just overtake you such as the penalty against us and a player going the wrong way with a penalty kick

Missing a great chance in injury time of the 90 mins cannot be down to the manager either

He's come in, shaken things up and on the whole done a pretty good job......his real job is promotion and if you do it with a bit of style then all the better but promotion is the be all and end all this season.

I'm sure he is aware that having done that next season will bring with it new hopes and aspirations BUT this is the time to be promoted and to be frank playing well or otherwise.

You'd just come over as a fool trying to tell the world he is some sort of failure at this time .......you'll have to wait until next season before anyone would take you seriously and that only if he/we start badly.

Well said that man 👏 

11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Weak mentality? I’ve had a few debates on here tonight but that’s the biggest slaver yet. 

2-0 down to 2-2. 3-2 down to 3-3 and going all out for the win. Against a team who have won the last 11 trophies on the spin and with 10x the resources?

Weak mentality? Go have a drink mate.

And for the record, Ballon d’or winners even miss penalties.

I’ve been a critic of Neilson. After seeing and hearing how little respect we - as a club - continue to be given by media ‘football people’ I am closing ranks. Neilson still gets it wrong at times, and he’ll continue to do my head in, but if he needs handers in a fight...I am his man.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

First half tactics were a disgrace.

Lennons were excellent. High press knowing we don’t have the pace to hurt them on the break. Only when we introduced pace did the game change. 

Shat it in the starting lineup, formation and 1st half performance.

Changed things at HT, had a go, two great comebacks.

That's just Hearts all over.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’ve been a critic of Neilson. After seeing and hearing how little respect we - as a club - continue to be given by media ‘football people’ I am closing ranks. Neilson still gets it wrong at times, and he’ll continue to do my head in, but if he needs handlers in a fight...I am his man.

Good how you said handlers instead of handers. I take it you’re offering to be his agent rather than skin your knuckles 😀

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

On a thread about Neilson I said, like many many many others, his first half tactics were a disgrace.

There can be no real argument with that. The rest of the game goes on to prove my point.

To be fair though, you didn’t mention he saw that and changed it and we very nearly won. 

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

After that performance from the 2nd half onwards, I don't think Neilson is to blame for the first half. That's on the players but they made up for it then some.

Think Celtic had something to do with our first half. They pressed very well, stretched us and did it knowing we didn’t have the pace to hit them on the break. 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Wow, there are some on here that are happy with the tactics in first half when it must be obvious that celtic are poor when pressurised.

I thought it was neilson and Levein who were so naive.

We don’t have enough players with legs to press Celtic from the start these days. 

Toxteth O'Grady

Gave them a 2 goal lead with a timid line up and tactics. Good 2nd half and should have won it. The lame penalty by Kingsley was bewildering, he didn’t hit it. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good how you said handlers instead of handers. I take it you’re offering to be his agent rather than skin your knuckles 😀

Typo that I’ve edited, always been prepared to skin my knuckles 👊 Even more so now 👊👊

29 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Cause we were utter shit until he changed it

Lack of pace up top 

Halliday / Irving just doesn’t work infact Halliday is not good enough 

if we started with ginelly haring Lee I reckon we would have won that 

But this is what you don’t get? The change at half time was the pre game plan ... it wasn’t reactionary!

What pace do we have? Ginnelly? He couldn’t last 90 minutes and if you think he can only managed 30-45 mins then you put him on when defenders have tired legs. Not when they are fresh. What other pace do we have? Robert’s? Frear?

Haring also - not fit. Do we play him and lose him for another 15 months to win 1 game? Risk not having him for the rest of the season and potentially promotion?

Halliday I’ll agree was poor, Irving improved second half. Lee, for me, can be too much of a passenger when you don’t have the ball. My opinion. You can’t play Celtic with 10 men.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Typo that I’ve edited, always been prepared to skin my knuckles 👊 Even more so now 👊👊

That’s the spirit 👍

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We lost that cup due to our tactics 1st half,nothing else.

That is on Robbie,a penalty shoot out is a lottery,Neilson had no confidence in our Team 1st half.

Maybe the other team had something to do with how the first half played out? 

Some diddies on here, jeez we lost on penalties. How many of out players get in their starting team, goalie that's it.

Edited by Lfhearts

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Really,??? 

Celtic were abysmal, there doe the taking.

We shat it 1st half,no other words for it.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really,??? 

Celtic were abysmal, there doe the taking.

We shat it 1st half,no other words for it.

Disagree. They were very good first half and has us stretched down both flanks. 

18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

To be fair though, you didn’t mention he saw that and changed it and we very nearly won. 

Yip, so even he knew he had got it wrong.

Just now, Gambo said:

Yip, so even he knew he had got it wrong.

Yep, so you agree your post unfairly one-sided ie mention the fault not the success. 

Malinga the Swinga
53 minutes ago, DS98 said:

lucky that Christie never actually saved our second one from going in as that would’ve been a red card and a penalty.

Nah, if there hadn't been goal line technology, that would have been play on. Referee, linesman and extra officials, despite one standing 6 feet from it, all missed it and game continued. 

18 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

But this is what you don’t get? The change at half time was the pre game plan ... it wasn’t reactionary!

What pace do we have? Ginnelly? He couldn’t last 90 minutes and if you think he can only managed 30-45 mins then you put him on when defenders have tired legs. Not when they are fresh. What other pace do we have? Robert’s? Frear?

Haring also - not fit. Do we play him and lose him for another 15 months to win 1 game? Risk not having him for the rest of the season and potentially promotion?

Halliday I’ll agree was poor, Irving improved second half. Lee, for me, can be too much of a passenger when you don’t have the ball. My opinion. You can’t play Celtic with 10 men.

We are well short on quality,though we nearly pulled it off.

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, so you agree your post unfairly one-sided ie mention the fault not the success. 

Nope  I posted my thoughts on first half performance. 

I have also posted my thoughts on 2nd half/extra time.

36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Come on man. Ffs.   It was a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Hearts. Forget tactics and all that for a minute. 

Look at the lack of workrate, courage, awareness, anticipation from most of the team. It was rabbit in the headlights stuff. Naismith was losing the plot. He was the only one with proper energy and tenacity getting about the park. 

Halkett got pass marks too. 

The rest of them were weak and needed the half time jolt which was clearly evident in the second half. 

36 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Halliday is a passenger as is Walker they contribute practically nothing. 
In my opinion it would be better to get as much as possible out of ginelly from the start. Naismith boyce good players but very similar and lack speed

The squad needs improvement no doubt about it. 
To sit back like that first half is utterly ridiculous it was a mistake they aren’t that good at the moment. It was a different game when we opened up why can’t we do that from the start it’s the same mentality as Craig Levein going to Glasgow. 

6 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Halliday is a passenger as is Walker they contribute practically nothing. 
In my opinion it would be better to get as much as possible out of ginelly from the start. Naismith boyce good players but very similar and lack speed

The squad needs improvement no doubt about it. 
To sit back like that first half is utterly ridiculous it was a mistake they aren’t that good at the moment. It was a different game when we opened up why can’t we do that from the start it’s the same mentality as Craig Levein going to Glasgow. 

I suspect Halliday was signed specifically because we are playing in the championship this season. As for Walker, again he's good enough for the championship but just doesn't bring enough to the team for a premiership level player.

I generally thought the first half Robbie should have changed it as it was obvious from quite early on that they seemed to have an extra man in midfield. And you are right - this Celtic team are really pretty poor and were there for the taking. It's gone now so we just need to move on and (hopefully) learn from it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Good grief.  The 1st half tactics didn't even let us down, it was an unsavable shot and a mistake handball.  In any case, the management of the game as a whole was clearly excellent.  No team has taken Celtic as close for a good while, being 2 pens away from the win.  Scoring those pens is not down to management - you could argue he should have got someone else to take them, but there were no other obvious options that I could see.

Amazing how many football fans don't understand football at all.

Or maybe spot in training that those two players telegraphed where they put the penalties in their run up and change something. 
I would have liked us to attack them more, press higher but with the pedestrian players we have he didn’t have much choice, apart from Walker and Halliday who were passengers, but at least one set up a goal. 

30 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Come on man. Ffs.   It was a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Hearts. Forget tactics and all that for a minute. 

Look at the lack of workrate, courage, awareness, anticipation from most of the team. It was rabbit in the headlights stuff. Naismith was losing the plot. He was the only one with proper energy and tenacity getting about the park. 

Halkett got pass marks too. 

The rest of them were weak and needed the half time jolt which was clearly evident in the second half. 

Judging by your  comments then Celtic played badly for 120 minutes? So it wasn’t really much of a performance from Hearts ? 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or maybe spot in training that those two players telegraphed where they put the penalties in their run up and change something. 
I would have liked us to attack them more, press higher but with the pedestrian players we have he didn’t have much choice, apart from Walker and Halliday who were passengers, but at least one set up a goal. 

👍

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Weak mentality? I’ve had a few debates on here tonight but that’s the biggest slaver yet. 

2-0 down to 2-2. 3-2 down to 3-3 and going all out for the win. Against a team who have won the last 11 trophies on the spin and with 10x the resources?

Weak mentality? Go have a drink mate.

And for the record, Ballon d’or winners even miss penalties.

We bottled the last two penalties. When we got back to all square on both occassions, we allowed celtic back into the game instead of pressing for the winner.

The first 3 pens were struck with authority. If the last two had of been we would be Scottish Cup Winners.

5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We bottled the last two penalties. When we got back to all square on both occassions, we allowed celtic back into the game instead of pressing for the winner.

The first 3 pens were struck with authority. If the last two had of been we would be Scottish Cup Winners.

You’re so out of touch with actual reality but Merry Christmas to you. 

1st half let us down, we sat in and tried to contain, anyone watching the game back can see this, there is no pressure on the celtic, centre half whatsoever. 

For large periods of the 1st half both Naismith and Boyce, didn't go past the halfway line when celtic had the ball. 

Contain the 1st half, second half reins let go including extra time. 

That's how i saw it?. 

To be fair to Hearts, Celtic’s bench was probably worth more than our full squad. We came so very close to an upset. That gives me immense pride in this team .

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Humblerogue said:

To be fair to Hearts, Celtic’s bench was probably worth more than our full squad. We came so very close to an upset. That gives me immense pride in this team .

A few fans fell back in love with the football side today, this was a great gift for the future.

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see the usual haters hating. They must have been worried for large parts of game, but they got their wish in the end. 

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

1st half let us down, we sat in and tried to contain, anyone watching the game back can see this, there is no pressure on the celtic, centre half whatsoever. 

For large periods of the 1st half both Naismith and Boyce, didn't go past the halfway line when celtic had the ball. 

That's how i saw it?. 

That’s exactly how it should be approached, and how every competent manager in the country would approach it.

You don’t win football matches against superior opposition by going balls out from the first minute to the last. You run the very real risk of being embarrassed.

42 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You’re so out of touch with actual reality but Merry Christmas to you. 

Reality is different for us all. I saw a glorious opportunity wasted because we lacked belief to firstly go on and win the game on two occasions, and the subsequently watch 2 players who lacked belief to score the vital penalties. We take out of it what we perceive.

Merry Christmas to you also.

29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's how i saw it?. 

That’s one view and possibly accurate however maybe Celtic just forced us  on to the back foot?  To be fair a crazy handball was all that stopped us winning the game in 90 mins. That’s how close the tactics were to being successful. That’s two cup finals in a row that Christophe’s  mistakes have cost us dearly. 

I hope he stays for a long time! I'm gutted tonight but i am more gutted for Robbie neilson, He has taken us in a short space of time (less than 6 months)to the brink of winning a national cup final whilst we are in the championship against a side who have won every single trophy for the last 4 years!

Just think about that for a minute ? If that isn't progress on last season then i don't know what is? I just wish the majority of the fans would get behind him, He is the man to take us forward Imo and he will deliver when  given enough time.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )