Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

4 hours ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Tried that with levein and look how that ended, they don't want to make same mistake twice so they need somebody new in from day 1 of the new season

Agreed but let’s be realistic here. Unless there is a big slump In ST sales and she is forced to accept the reason, we’ll be starting with Neilson 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Jim Panzee
20 hours ago, JamboAl said:

But who's going to plough it in?

Budge?

Anderson?

Increased ST/admission charges?

A N Other?

I8 surely? He's saved a fortune barely spending a penny on hearts for the last 10? years :)

41 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I8 surely? He's saved a fortune barely spending a penny on hearts for the last 10? years :)

The obvious answer which I overlooked:jj_facepalm:

frankblack
4 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

Is he away yet? 

My guess is he is waiting until its safe to travel before he books his summer holiday. 👌

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

C'mon lads, it's just a blip. 

Get your wallets out. 

I'll be renewing.  Can't wait to get back in Tynie. 😎

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You just want to see another concert on the pitch lol.

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You just want to see another concert on the pitch lol.

Not seen any concerts on pitch bar the late Frightened Rabbit singer. 😥

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

So will I.

Amen

No Idle Talk

I would rather we gave Daniel Stendel another season. And when we decided to cut ties with him it is fair to say Robbie Neilson wouldn't have been my #1 choice to replace him. But he's here now and I am still willing to get behind him and give him a fair shake next season.

Prove me right, Robbie.

frankblack
3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I would rather we gave Daniel Stendel another season. And when we decided to cut ties with him it is fair to say Robbie Neilson wouldn't have been my #1 choice to replace him. But he's here now and I am still willing to get behind him and give him a fair shake next season.

Prove me right, Robbie.

Don't agree on the Stendel part but with you on the need to put this bitterness behind us and look forward to next season.

Edited by frankblack

Geoff Kilpatrick
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Don't agree on the Stendel part but with you on the need to put this bitterness behind us and look forward to next season.

How is wanting someone to be held to account for a failure like Brora "bitterness" precisely?

frankblack
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How is wanting someone to be held to account for a failure like Brora "bitterness" precisely?

Because the time for that decision has been and gone.  I thought he should have been fired after the game, but it didn't happen.

To bash on indefinitely on here about it won't achieve anything.  Time to move on and judge him on next season's results.

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Prove me right, Robbie.

Agreed - reluctantly.

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Because the time for that decision has been and gone.  I thought he should have been fired after the game, but it didn't happen.

To bash on indefinitely on here about it won't achieve anything.  Time to move on and judge him on next season's results.

No one is though. Budge might realise when the ST sales are down.

frankblack
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one is though. Budge might realise when the ST sales are down.

Yes they are - there are 5 or 6 empty vessells rattling on across numerous pages with negative drivel predicting the apocalypse.

We will see what happens with season tickets when the club is in a position to know what kind of package to offer.  Personally I think the carrot of seeing live football will outweigh the rantings of the negative drama queens.

Geoff Kilpatrick
27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes they are - there are 5 or 6 empty vessells rattling on across numerous pages with negative drivel predicting the apocalypse.

We will see what happens with season tickets when the club is in a position to know what kind of package to offer.  Personally I think the carrot of seeing live football will outweigh the rantings of the negative drama queens.

That's no way to speak about Tosh....

31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think it's more to do with fear of failure than just not backing him. A lot of that down to his favoured formation. People are fearful that his signings won't be up to the job as he looks in the bargain basement bins in Poundland. The money saved by losing quite a few of the current players should be enough to tempt one or two top quality signings which, in turn should encourage more season ticket sales, something to get the fans on board with. I know a lot of Hearts fans that have been season ticket holders for years, decades in fact and the vast majority of them are not re-newing/buying season tickets, mostly because they don't have a good feeling about next season, or one or two who just can't afford it at the moment also for obvious reasons. Most are quite happy to pay at the gate and choose what games to go to from what they've said. They don't want to pay out good money upfront and watch it being squandered away to the point we might well find ourselves looking for a new manager come October-time. Then the cycle starts all over again regarding recruitment etc. 

I don't think that's being "negative drama queens", but more of concern on where we are going looking ahead. 

frankblack
12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I think it's more to do with fear of failure than just not backing him. A lot of that down to his favoured formation. People are fearful that his signings won't be up to the job as he looks in the bargain basement bins in Poundland. The money saved by losing quite a few of the current players should be enough to tempt one or two top quality signings which, in turn should encourage more season ticket sales, something to get the fans on board with. I know a lot of Hearts fans that have been season ticket holders for years, decades in fact and the vast majority of them are not re-newing/buying season tickets, mostly because they don't have a good feeling about next season, or one or two who just can't afford it at the moment also for obvious reasons. Most are quite happy to pay at the gate and choose what games to go to from what they've said. They don't want to pay out good money upfront and watch it being squandered away to the point we might well find ourselves looking for a new manager come October-time. Then the cycle starts all over again regarding recruitment etc. 

I don't think that's being "negative drama queens", but more of concern on where we are going looking ahead. 

Most of those comments are the same as I've heard for decades, obviously excluding those who are in hard times.

The bargain basement poundland is part of the problem.  We don't have the budget to shop much higher so you are depending on your scouting to identify some gems.  That has clearly been broken for a very long time.

The number of times I've heard "I'm not going back until Mercer/Robinson/Romanov/Budge" is gone and then you see the players coming in.

The squad as it stands isn't good enough, so anyone basing an opinion on where we will end up may be looking at quite a different team.

It might be a little easier this summer to recruit than a year ago given the lockdowns.

The one big question is ‘How bad do Neilson’s results, performances and mismanagement have to get before he gets sacked’? In Ann Budges eyes her Blue Eyed Boy can’t do anything wrong nobody can deny that which in no way Hearts can  successfully look forward with any confidence in the Scottish Premiership next season or for that matter any Cups.

stevie1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Most of those comments are the same as I've heard for decades, obviously excluding those who are in hard times.

The bargain basement poundland is part of the problem.  We don't have the budget to shop much higher so you are depending on your scouting to identify some gems.  That has clearly been broken for a very long time.

The number of times I've heard "I'm not going back until Mercer/Robinson/Romanov/Budge" is gone and then you see the players coming in.

The squad as it stands isn't good enough, so anyone basing an opinion on where we will end up may be looking at quite a different team.

It might be a little easier this summer to recruit than a year ago given the lockdowns.

You said the squad isn’t good enough?  On paper our squad is good enough to compete in the top league but I have no confidence in the coaching of our team going forward. I’ve seen a few comments about supporting/get behind the manager on this thread but even if we had a management team of Robbie & Rudi which had just served up last season I’d still want change as I support and want what’s best for Hearts. I’ll renew my ticket and keep my fingers crossed that Neilson & co prove me wrong. I fear that unless he gets us off to a great start playing decent football in first round of games then the pressure with supporters in the ground will be worse than when Levein was clinging on. I hope I’m wrong and as you keep advocating time to move on 👍 Time will tell. 

frankblack
16 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

You said the squad isn’t good enough?  On paper our squad is good enough to compete in the top league but I have no confidence in the coaching of our team going forward. I’ve seen a few comments about supporting/get behind the manager on this thread but even if we had a management team of Robbie & Rudi which had just served up last season I’d still want change as I support and want what’s best for Hearts. I’ll renew my ticket and keep my fingers crossed that Neilson & co prove me wrong. I fear that unless he gets us off to a great start playing decent football in first round of games then the pressure with supporters in the ground will be worse than when Levein was clinging on. I hope I’m wrong and as you keep advocating time to move on 👍 Time will tell. 

There is unlikely to be many if any supporters in the ground when the season kicks off.

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The one big question is ‘How bad do Neilson’s results, performances and mismanagement have to get before he gets sacked’? In Ann Budges eyes her Blue Eyed Boy can’t do anything wrong nobody can deny that which in no way Hearts can  successfully look forward with any confidence in the Scottish Premiership next season or for that matter any Cups.

He'll have to be relegation material to get the sack. There's nothing meaningful money-wise for transfers so I don't expect much change/improvement  next season. Which is a shame because the players (at least , more than  a few) clearly weren't buying into his lifeless brand of football. A Toxic combination. The club has already made it clear : Neilson can screw up in the cups as bad as you like and it doesn't matter. Grim times ahead. 

Ethan Hunt
On 16/05/2021 at 13:18, Gambo said:

For those interested, Stendal been named manager of Nancy in France.

A definite what could have been moment. 

Sick of Bob. Let’s see what “quality” signings he makes though.

sandylejambo

does Ann not know what "lost the fans/players", means? she is just making a rod for he own back, first sub good, performance and she is going to get it in the neck, I hope she has an agreement with Bob that when this happens he walks with no compo.

14 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

does Ann not know what "lost the fans/players", means? she is just making a rod for he own back, first sub good, performance and she is going to get it in the neck, I hope she has an agreement with Bob that when this happens he walks with no compo.

Not a chance.  He'll get demoted to putting up the goals or lolipop man for Tynie High on full wages for the remainder of his contract. 

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A definite what could have been moment. 

Sick of Bob. Let’s see what “quality” signings he makes though.

Really not hopeful on this, even if the players are good, Neilson will ruin them

On 16/05/2021 at 12:27, stevie1874 said:

It will never be wrong to say Robbie should have been sacked this season/end of season, no matter how he does this coming season if still here.

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It will never be wrong to say Robbie should have been sacked this season/end of season, no matter how he does this coming season if still here.

This.

Failed to get the best out of any player all season.

You've made a huge mistake Ann.

17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.

Failed to get the best out of any player all season.

You've made a huge mistake Ann.

Hard to disagree. It’s his reluctance to change things that gets my goat . 4-2-3-1 is a good example. It started of ok then everyone, except RN could see, the midfield pairing of Halliday and Irving wasn’t working, there was nothing in an attacking sense coming from centre midfield, the full backs weren’t getting forward which left the wingers easy to deal with and in turn left Boyce isolated and fannying about in deep positions looking for the ball. Changed it eventually but far too slow to act. During this period, plan b seemed to be subbing on every attacking player from the bench with 20-25 minutes to go. Clueless. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I think this is what some pundits and AB are missing.   They are looking at it ‘objectively’ and ‘rationally’, even though we were out out both cup competitions against squads way below our quality, which for me, is unforgivable. That aside,  we’re just kicking the can down the road.  All managers have ups and downs and as soon as RN doesn’t perform, it will get messy.  Cue change of manager mid season,  another squad rebuild etc.    I hope he does well as he is here for a while yet, but realistically it’s going to be death by a thousand cuts and painful to watch I fear.  Sometimes you need to take account of the intangibles and be pragmatic with decision making, don’t think that’s ABs way.  Wish I had more confidence and optimism but after experiencing this season that’s hard to come by. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Will be interesting 

Bobmeister looks happy. 

Good to see. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Clark Griswold said:

What ever happened to Hendolad 🤔

I’m still in the Bob out brigade.

Fell on his sword 

The Mighty Thor
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobmeister looks happy. 

Good to see. 

Of course he looks happy. He's untouchable in the easiest management gig in Scottish football. 

No scrutiny, no accountability and aunty ann has his back. 

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of course he looks happy. He's untouchable in the easiest management gig in Scottish football. 

Careful Thor, SRB will accuse you of being "Agiest and sexist":whistling:

professorfate

I am resigned to the fact we will have a new manager by December and then lots of new players in January.

57 minutes ago, professorfate said:

I am resigned to the fact we will have a new manager by December and then lots of new players in January.

You’re counting on Budge appointing the replacement quickly

willie wallace
14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Hard to disagree. It’s his reluctance to change things that gets my goat . 4-2-3-1 is a good example. It started of ok then everyone, except RN could see, the midfield pairing of Halliday and Irving wasn’t working, there was nothing in an attacking sense coming from centre midfield, the full backs weren’t getting forward which left the wingers easy to deal with and in turn left Boyce isolated and fannying about in deep positions looking for the ball. Changed it eventually but far too slow to act. During this period, plan b seemed to be subbing on every attacking player from the bench with 20-25 minutes to go. Clueless. 

Perfect summing up of the whole season for me.

Didnt matter who played in the middle of the park none of them were able to provide that little bit extra going forward and hopefully that will be a priority for next season.

10 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

You’re counting on Budge appointing the replacement quickly

Not if Neilson's been sacked in October. 😊

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The best employers and gaffers are often supportive. 

He does have scrutiny and accountability, you just don't agree with the requirements/ measures. 

For example, he was tasked with promotion, he achieved that. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, suds66 said:

Careful Thor, SRB will accuse you of being "Agiest and sexist":whistling:

Tbf, at her age aunty Ann is  complimentary. 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The best employers and gaffers are often supportive. 

He does have scrutiny and accountability, you just don't agree with the requirements/ measures. 

For example, he was tasked with promotion, he achieved that. 

First in a one horse race? 

Sorry but that doesn't even begin to tell the story of this season. For me the only thing in the positive column is promotion. The rest of it has been below the standard I'd expect from Hearts and indeed the budget spent. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

First in a one horse race? 

Sorry but that doesn't even begin to tell the story of this season. For me the only thing in the positive column is promotion. The rest of it has been below the standard I'd expect from Hearts and indeed the budget spent. 

You do not run the club or set targets, tho. 

As I said, there were targets set. You just don't agree with them.