Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Geoff Kilpatrick

Seems like this thread is now misplaced after the latest statement. Everything is awesome again.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Independence
On 19/05/2021 at 15:47, Last Laff said:

Not a chance.  He'll get demoted to putting up the goals or lolipop man for Tynie High on full wages for the remainder of his contract. 

Jeez KB just gets worse and worse!

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Seems like this thread is now misplaced after the latest statement. Everything is awesome again.

Yip.

Throw a few morsels and everything is hunky dory.

Whilst a new shirt sponsor is clearly important the lack of quality of the individuals pulling that shirt on is of concern. 

No doubt once Bob and Savage have worked their magic with YouTube videos of lower league English journeymen we'll be world beaters again. 

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Things always look better when we don’t play football. 

I listened to Scarves Around The Funnel and I have to say that I agreed with most of what boab said however I just don't trust him to actually do any of it. It was the same old 'should have done better' pish and saying he wants to stay at Hearts as long as possible. Feck me, read the room. I honestly worry we'll be in a relegation battle again.

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I listened to Scarves Around The Funnel and I have to say that I agreed with most of what boab said however I just don't trust him to actually do any of it. It was the same old 'should have done better' pish and saying he wants to stay at Hearts as long as possible. Feck me, read the room. I honestly worry we'll be in a relegation battle again.

Hard to disagree with your thoughts. For the last five seasons I said to myself, things have to improve, surely they can't get any worse. How wrong can you be.

We will go into another new season with everything crossed, with no real expectation that things will improve. 

glynnlondon
11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They're already lowering expectations to something around dogshit to cover the cretins inevitable mistakes.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Yip.

Throw a few morsels and everything is hunky dory.

Whilst a new shirt sponsor is clearly important the lack of quality of the individuals pulling that shirt on is of concern. 

No doubt once Bob and Savage have worked their magic with YouTube videos of lower league English journeymen we'll be world beaters again. 

Think that’s a bit harsh. If the club do achieve what was in the statement, we’ll be in a very good place. Suppose this should be in the statement thread but as regards Robbie, if he achieves what he done after coming up the last time, with a caveat of better Cup performances, he’ll be here longer than some people think.

The actual football is another matter. I can probably count the really good footballing seasons without taking my socks off, over the last 40 years. 
Not an admission of accepting pish football, just stating facts. We’ll never be world beaters.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Things always look better when we don’t play football. 

The truest thing written on here for about 5 years.

Like players who leave who are always remembered as better than they actually were

We played a couple of decent games at the end of a season of, mostly turgid football.

If the task was promotion it was completed 

Id like to know if there was a league/Scottish cup task?

Seems okay to just go down the “bitterly disappointed but never mind” route. 
Beige to watch. Disconnected from a lot of supporters. 
Need a wee bit to happen in the next month or so to get a buzz going for next year

jambopilms

How anyone still has the energy for this, I don't know.

Are we allowed to be optimistic about next season or are the doom mongers and permanently angry going to tell us it's not allowed

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

The truest thing written on here for about 5 years.

Like players who leave who are always remembered as better than they actually were

We played a couple of decent games at the end of a season of, mostly turgid football.

If the task was promotion it was completed 

Id like to know if there was a league/Scottish cup task?

Seems okay to just go down the “bitterly disappointed but never mind” route. 
Beige to watch. Disconnected from a lot of supporters. 
Need a wee bit to happen in the next month or so to get a buzz going for next year

The football has been hellish but more than that, the cup results for me are simply unforgivable. I’ll keep watching and going to games when I can but to say I’m unhappy at Neilson continuing is an understatement. Nobody would be disappointed to see him go imo. As usual Mrs B can’t see the writing on the wall. 

42 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Hard to disagree with your thoughts. For the last five seasons I said to myself, things have to improve, surely they can't get any worse. How wrong can you be.

We will go into another new season with everything crossed, with no real expectation that things will improve. 

I mean he talks a good talk. Says on the podcast attacking football, 3 at the back, win every game, use the youth, he loves Hearts etc.

In reality we had boring slow hoofball, the oldest team in recent memory, 0 shots on goal some games, getting beat by Alloa, fecking BRORA RANGERS.

He strikes me as the politician type. You can tell as well that he doesn't respect fans who disagree with him. Those 'go support' man City or Man Utd comments should have been sackable not even considering the extremely poor results.

14 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I mean he talks a good talk. Says on the podcast attacking football, 3 at the back, win every game, use the youth, he loves Hearts etc.

In reality we had boring slow hoofball, the oldest team in recent memory, 0 shots on goal some games, getting beat by Alloa, fecking BRORA RANGERS.

He strikes me as the politician type. You can tell as well that he doesn't respect fans who disagree with him. Those 'go support' man City or Man Utd comments should have been sackable not even considering the extremely poor results.

I'm on the same page.

17 hours ago, Gambo said:

Neilson admits players are bored of him.

So are the fans.

Take a step back......all the way out if door please.

As soon as I heard Stevie Crawford had left Dunfermline I started thinking has Neilson lined him up to come to Hearts. Neilson always said in the past his passion was coaching well now it’s been proved he’s hopeless at it he can step back and let his coaches get on with working on the players while he sits in his ivory tour giving a pep talk to the players now and again. 

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

As soon as I heard Stevie Crawford had left Dunfermline I started thinking has Neilson lined him up to come to Hearts. Neilson always said in the past his passion was coaching well now it’s been proved he’s hopeless at it he can step back and let his coaches get on with working on the players while he sits in his ivory tour giving a pep talk to the players now and again. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford ended back at Tynecastle next season I wouldn't mind it to be honest probably a better coach than "Jig"  

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

His interviews are, in my opinion, aimed at those who will keep him in a job as well as future employers. He hates it that our support have turned their back on him with continual criticism of his mismanagement of our team and players. This results in his caty remarks about following more successful teams in England, England !! I mean what’s that all about ? Can’t Hearts fans have an opinion on how he does his job because fans expressing their views on how good or bad the manager/team are performing is our right and if Neilson can’t handle that and respect our supports views he should leave.

29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He is learning from Cricket and Rugby ffs.

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I know of another former manager with the exact same traits....

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

His interviews are, in my opinion, aimed at those who will keep him in a job as well as future employers. He hates it that our support have turned their back on him with continual criticism of his mismanagement of our team and players. This results in his caty remarks about following more successful teams in England, England !! I mean what’s that all about ? Can’t Hearts fans have an opinion on how he does his job because fans expressing their views on how good or bad the manager/team are performing is our right and if Neilson can’t handle that and respect our supports views he should leave.

Respect our support... 😂

14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford ended back at Tynecastle next season I wouldn't mind it to be honest probably a better coach than "Jig"  

Maybe but do we really know how good these guys are because Crawford, Jig and Forrest haven’t really had any real success as coaches. Sure we may like these men just like I’m like Robbie when I’ve met him a few times but the big question is are they any good at their jobs. We can only tell by what we witness on a match day just like I may like the look of the pies at Half Time but it’s all about the taste. Yes I do like a pie.  😎

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He is learning from Cricket and Rugby ffs.

I didn’t want to mention that because he maybe sees that as being a future career. Fingers crossed.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Respect our support... 😂

So you are saying it’s wrong to respect our support ?

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wouldn't bother engaging he's a troll

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How do you show respect or disrespect a support. 

I don't feel disrespected. 

He talked about the support and benefits of having a full Tynecastle, says he misses it, wants the fans back. 

Do you want a personal visit from Robbie thanking you? 

Do you want  a wee hug, maybe a wee thank you card? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wouldn't bother engaging he's a troll

If you think I'm a troll report me or don't accuse folk of trolling, that is actually trolling. 👍

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you think I'm a troll report me or don't accuse folk of trolling, that is actually trolling. 👍

So this isn't trolling?

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He talked about the support and benefits of having a full Tynecastle, says he misses it, wants the fans back. 

Niemi’s gloves
12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So this isn't trolling?

Perfectly reasonable post from SRB. Is your definition of trolling saying something you don’t like?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we are upgrading on players, do we not need to upgrade on coaching? Just throwing that little titbit out there, seems logical

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If we are upgrading on players, do we not need to upgrade on coaching? Just throwing that little titbit out there, seems logical

I think an attack minded coach/former striker type could be a worthwhile addition 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think an attack minded coach/former striker type could be a worthwhile addition 

You dont trust Jig or whatever his name is then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

Not really. 

Nah nor me. As much as I feel the criticism of Neilson was well OTT, I made a comment yesterday about not using Rolls Royce to go over a ploughed field, which applies to last season, you dont get a lecturer from the Polytechnic to advise NASA either

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Nah nor me. As much as I feel the criticism of Neilson was well OTT, I made a comment yesterday about not using Rolls Royce to go over a ploughed field, which applies to last season, you dont get a lecturer from the Polytechnic to advise NASA either

It’s a decent analogy. I obviously don’t know what McCulloch brings but I just feel we’d benefit from a higher level, more experienced and more attack minded coach. It’s just a feeling, now we’ve stepped up a league, that we’d benefit from that. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a decent analogy. I obviously don’t know what McCulloch brings but I just feel we’d benefit from a higher level, more experienced and more attack minded coach. It’s just a feeling, now we’ve stepped up a league, that we’d benefit from that. 

Aberdeen got the England strikers coach in, shame he failed to mention his indiscretions first, but sure they will be forgotten if he proves successful

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Aberdeen got the England strikers coach in, shame he failed to mention his indiscretions first, but sure they will be forgotten if he proves successful

Yeah, that’s the type of guy I had in mind. Serious error of judgement he was guilty of but as you suggest, won’t matter if the forwards are banging in the goals. 

5 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Perfectly reasonable post from SRB. Is your definition of trolling saying something you don’t like?

Do you want a wee hug, maybe a wee thank you card? 

That isn't trolling? 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What I do want is to have a team that I’m happy that they are being managed properly not mismanaged. Do you actually know anything about football and what makes it the beautiful game. Hearts football team have been playing like a rudderless boat heading in the wrong direction for to long and if you can’t see that I’m sorry. If I had time I maybe could borrow a class across the road in the school and go over our matches this season that were televised. Watching most of the games again would be very painful for me but if you responded by learning something it would be worth it. It’s just a shame I can’t help you but hey ho that’s life. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

What I do want is to have a team that I’m happy that they are being managed properly not mismanaged. Do you actually know anything about football and what makes it the beautiful game. Hearts football team have been playing like a rudderless boat heading in the wrong direction for to long and if you can’t see that I’m sorry. If I had time I maybe could borrow a class across the road in the school and go over our matches this season that were televised. Watching most of the games again would be very painful for me but if you responded by learning something it would be worth it. It’s just a shame I can’t help you but hey ho that’s life. 

Your hearts in the right place but that's emotional nonsense and nothing to do with respect. 

We won the league, got promoted. 

We had 2 poor cup campaigns. 

We were also  2 penalties from a sc win-that was the most painful game for me, I'll never watch it again. 

I don't need help, maybe you need help as things are not as bad as they where last year and next season we have lots to look forward to. 

Take it easy. 👍

5 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

SRG just needs help in understanding the game. We 95% plus of our support get it there’s always that small group who just don’t get it. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Your hearts in the right place but that's emotional nonsense and nothing to do with respect. 

We were also  2 penalties from a sc win-that was the most painful game for me, I'll never watch it again. 

I don't need help, maybe you need help as things are not as bad as they where last year and next season we have lots to look forward to. 

Take it easy. 👍

OK my wee pal. 

glynnlondon
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Take it easy. 👍

I look forward to him getting punted asap

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

I look forward to Hearts winning games. 

Each to their own tho. 

Niemi’s gloves
4 hours ago, Sertse said:

Do you want a wee hug, maybe a wee thank you card? 

That isn't trolling? 

No it isn’t trolling. It’s merely adding emphasis to the serious point he was making in the first half of the post (the bit that you didn’t quote)

The Real Maroonblood
On 21/05/2021 at 21:35, glynnlondon said:

👍

siegementality
On 21/05/2021 at 23:17, Niemi’s gloves said:

No it isn’t trolling. It’s merely adding emphasis to the serious point he was making in the first half of the post (the bit that you didn’t quote)

You are definitely backing a proven loser.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Is he still here? maybe he'll be interested in a return to Tannadice.......

That would be wonderful.