Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

They play some games at the Olympic stadium. I had assumed that had been knocked down. Learn something new everyday! 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

It's an odd one but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they'll get a fantasy mcginnesque fee when he moves to Bayern. Then again maybe not. 

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, Mister T said:

It's an odd one but who knows what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe they'll get a fantasy mcginnesque fee when he moves to Bayern. Then again maybe not. 

I doubt it as we only took the low training compensation fee and never negotiated any kinda sell on. 

I lived in Munich for a couple of years - great quality of life if a bit "safe". I wonder if he's gone there to deny us a development fee or in the hope of being scouted by Bayern?

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Can you clear this bit up Maple?

You claim he's the lowest paid player at Hearts, presumably you're posting that as fact.

But then you say he was on a grand a week based on comments on this thread.

There's no way the lowest paid player at the club is on £1,000 per week.

So my question is, is your post just made up pish?

An informed poster earlier in the thread said that Irving was on £750 per week on his previous contract, and that was discounted to £495 per week (iirc) due to relegation.  I said in my post that he was "one of the lowest paid" in the team.  I don't know that as a fact, so it's speculation that £495 per week is one of the lowest paid on the team.

The new contract the club offered was a raise from £750 per week to £1,000 per week, and the number was non-negotiable.  By Irving leaving, the Club is saving £1,000 per week.

Sorry if my wording caused confusion.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

An informed poster earlier in the thread said that Irving was on £750 per week on his previous contract, and that was discounted to £495 per week (iirc) due to relegation.  I said in my post that he was "one of the lowest paid" in the team.  I don't know that as a fact, so it's speculation that £495 per week is one of the lowest paid on the team.

The new contract the club offered was a raise from £750 per week to £1,000 per week, and the number was non-negotiable.  By Irving leaving, the Club is saving £1,000 per week.

Surely they are saving £495 pw? That is cash, the £1k per week was just budgeted so is now available again in the budget for next season, but there is no Irving.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

If that’s true then maybe he wasn’t guaranteed playing time but he was looking for it - maybe he isn’t part of the master plan given the monetary offer that was proposed by the club 

Could be a number of things. I can’t remember who posted but an unconfirmed “ITK” said that he wasn’t happy with his playing role that was given to him when he played 

All subjective. It’s unfortunate but not all young players will make it. He had obvious potential but at the same time wasn’t consistent enough In my humble opinion. 

Will reserve judgement on this one but hope he does well with his new venture. 

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Surely they are saving £495 pw? That is cash, the £1k per week was just budgeted so is now available again in the budget for next season, but there is no Irving.

Yes, it's next seasons salary we're talking about.  If Irving had signed the new contract, the Club would have paid him £1,000 per week.  Now they don't.

Taslad #2 moved to Rhineland to play with Eintracht U23.  He had no problem with the football but could not manage the language as nobody spoke English.  He returned to Scotland at end of season due to homesickness.

Lots of Turkish based clubs around Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, etc.

Edited by Tasavallan

3 Liga? So, they've jumped a division? (unless reconstruction).

Great city to live in (not that i've ever been but know a few folk who have lived/worked there and they loved it)

Good luck Andy, even though you're playing for.....Munichbeath essentially. 

Glamorgan Jambo

As I stated earlier it could be that much of the motivation for this move is related to the development fee and we’ll likely see his stint on the continent similar in length to Anthony McDonald’s 4 months in Cordoba.

However that’s just cynical speculation on my part.

The move could be the making of Andy as a person and as a footballer so wishing him the very best of luck and success.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Boy needs to learn that he wasn’t even the most famous Andy Irvine in Edinburgh imho

To be fair he wasn’t any Irvine in Edinburgh. 😄

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair he wasn’t any Irvine in Edinburgh. 😄

I know mate I know….was just satire on this depressing Wednesday after Scotland’s Tuesday exit. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I know mate I know….was just satire on this depressing Wednesday after Scotland’s Tuesday exit. 

😄👍

1 hour ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Boy needs to learn that he wasn’t even the most famous Andy Irvine in Edinburgh imho

Just a shame he went to Munich and not to the German capital. Irving Berlin would be a decent headline. 

36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just a shame he went to Munich and not to the German capital. Irving Berlin would be a decent headline. 

:biggrin2:

Unknown user
54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They could have a picture of him tucking into a big burger - Irving Munchen

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

They could have a picture of him tucking into a big burger - Irving Munchen

haha 👍

alwaysthereinspirit
20 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I can't help but wonder where things went wrong with Irving.

He is a die-hard Jambo who has been in the Hearts organisation for 13 years.  He has 40+ appearances for the first team, plus 4 appearances for Scotland youth teams.  He was one of our lowest paid players, maybe even the lowest paid.  He wanted to stay with Hearts, but now he's gone.  What are we saving by Irving leaving?  A whopping grand a week, based on comments in this thread. 

And what did we get in return for the 13 year investment in his career?  Maybe a development fee, but no-one seems clear how much that will be or when we'll get it.  Maybe we'll get nowt. It seems like a poor deal to me, but time will tell.

Despite some appalling performances last year, Neilson's job is safe because he won the league.  Fair enough, but Irving was a prominent member of the team that won the league, and was in the starting line-up for most of the season, so maybe he should have been cut a bit of slack.

Maybe Irving has passed the peak of his career, as some on this thread are predicting.  At 21 years of age, he has plenty of time to improve, so those predictions are premature, and we should have tried harder to keep him, imo.

One thing I do know is that RN and Joe Savage have yet to prove their recruiting skills at HMFC, so no-one should assume that they've done the right thing here.  Again, time will tell.

Best wishes for a long and successful career, Andy.  :clap:

Hearts had nothing to do with any deal. Hearts offered X he said no. Any deal was made by him and his agent. Sounds like he may not have even said no. Just never got back to them.

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve actually attended German third tier matches , though I would caveat that with the fact it was prior to the Bundesliga 3 so it was Regional Liga. It wasn’t as good as Scottish premier league and comprised a handful of bigger clubs ( I was watching Hannover 96 ) experiencing hard times with a lot of tiny clubs that even the 96 fans had never heard of. 

Me too and it was like being at an Edinburgh City match (no disrespect to City but their crowds are tiny). I’m still in shock that Irving chose this route but good luck to him.

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Me too and it was like being at an Edinburgh City match (no disrespect to City but their crowds are tiny). I’m still in shock that Irving chose this route but good luck to him.

Bit of a mystery but players have come to smallish Scottish clubs hoping to move to England

Maybe gets noticed in Germany and moves upwards 

Think he has talent . Hope he does well 

Great way to earn a living

Outwith Celtic and Rangers who actually tries to play football in our league, reality is until we change our mentality and bring in a coach that can improve players, and brings a style of play the team/ players buy into.

Well unfortunately we will lose the likes of Hickey for a small fee with Celtic getting a cut, or losing academy players because we aren't prepared to pay them more or as good as, players that are currently sitting on there ass doing plums, why should Andy show loyalty to us, football is a short career, anyone saying he isn't worth giving a deal that he merits, is just damn right in denial, and won't hear one bad word said about the club. 

Same will happen with the current one's coming through, who believe me are very talented, but as soon as we lose a few games we will revert back to what we are. 

I just angers me so much that Doig is being valued at £5mil, is prepared to sign a new deal so it gets his club a good fee if someone signs him. 

Yet we can't get our players to sign a new deal, why is that well i suppose you would need, to speak to the players and ask them. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Outwith Celtic and Rangers who actually tries to play football in our league, reality is until we change our mentality and bring in a coach that can improve players, and brings a style of play the team/ players buy into.

Well unfortunately we will lose the likes of Hickey for a small fee with Celtic getting a cut, or losing academy players because we aren't prepared to pay them more or as good as, players that are currently sitting on there ass doing plums, why should Andy show loyalty to us, football is a short career, anyone saying he isn't worth giving a deal that he merits, is just damn right in denial, and won't hear one bad word said about the club. 

Same will happen with the current one's coming through, who believe me are very talented, but as soon as we lose a few games we will revert back to what we are. 

I just angers me so much that Doig is being valued at £5mil, is prepared to sign a new deal so it gets his club a good fee if someone signs him. 

Yet we can't get our players to sign a new deal, why is that well i suppose you would need, to speak to the players and ask them. 

Who is valuing Doig at £5m?

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who is valuing Doig at £5m?

Who is saying Irving wasn't given a deal he merits ?

All made up pish

I genuinely believe he wanted to stay at Hearts however with the poor contract offered and his lack of game time it was a pretty clear message to him that Neilson didn’t rate him.

Time will tell if Robbie was right or we let a good ‘un go.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I genuinely believe he wanted to stay at Hearts however with the poor contract offered and his lack of game time it was a pretty clear message to him that Neilson didn’t rate him.

Time will tell if Robbie was right or we let a good ‘un go.

Time will tell with who replaces him. 

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Who is saying Irving wasn't given a deal he merits ?

All made up pish

You think he wouldn't stay if he was offered decent money, and the guarantee that we see him very much as a part of the club, going forward? 

How many contract offers were there, that tells you it's own story 😂 how many did it take Nisbet or Doig at Hibs to sign a new contract, for someone that knows Andy well, trust me he was lowballed. 

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You think he wouldn't stay if he was offered decent money, and the guarantee that we see him very much as a part of the club, going forward? 

How many contract offers were there, that tells you it's own story 😂 how many did it take Nisbet or Doig at Hibs to sign a new contract, for someone that knows Andy well, trust me he was lowballed. 

Spot on 

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Absolute pish. That’s complete and utter speculation with no merit. Believe it and your heid buttons up the back. If anyone had offered north of £500k for Doig, Ron the Con would have bitten their hand off by now.

1 hour ago, S Form said:

Absolute pish. That’s complete and utter speculation with no merit. Believe it and your heid buttons up the back. If anyone had offered north of £500k for Doig, Ron the Con would have bitten their hand off by now.

Aye well Why didn't he accept the 2mil plus for Nisbet in January?. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Keep hearing this stuff . Rightly or wrongly it would appear the club offered what they thought he was worth . For the boys sake I hope he proves his detractors wrong but if he was the new Fulton (or whoever) I've no doubt he would have been offered a mega contract

Would make no sense otherwise

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That is an excellent question . Unless , of course , the offer was a figment of someone's imagination .

Always possible

13 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

That is an excellent question . Unless , of course , the offer was a figment of someone's imagination .

Always possible

Only time will tell. 

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't see a single quote in either of them, are we counting internet gobshites as sources now?

Yeah there hasn't been interest in him 👍 they didn't knock back bids for Doig, Nisbet and the animal that's plays at the back for them. 

In January. 

Stendelnator

If Irving was as good as he thinks he is, he wouldn’t be rocking up at the German equivalent of Edinburgh City. Simple facts. 

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What £2m bid for Nisbet? No doubt another imaginary offer. All we ever hear about is the supposed ‘interest’ in the likes of Nisbet, Doig and Boyle. If they’re in such demand why are they still at Easter Road? I’ll tell you why. It’s because they’re actually not as highly regarded as some people think they are and/or any bids that have been received are nowhere near the fantasy figures planted in the press/on the internet.

3 minutes ago, S Form said:

What £2m bid for Nisbet? No doubt another imaginary offer. All we ever hear about is the supposed ‘interest’ in the likes of Nisbet, Doig and Boyle. If they’re in such demand why are they still at Easter Road? I’ll tell you why. It’s because they’re actually not as highly regarded as some people think they are and/or any bids that have been received are nowhere near the fantasy figures planted in the press/on the internet.

It was reported in all the news at the time he handed a transfer request because they turned down an offer in the region of £3m from Birmingham.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, S Form said:

I doubt Nisbet would hand in a transfer request on the basis of an imaginary transfer bid being turned down. 

19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It was reported in all the news at the time he handed a transfer request because they turned down an offer in the region of £3m from Birmingham.

An offer ‘in the region of £3m’. We would have to see the details of this offer to see exactly how much it was worth to Hibs. As I said, he and his teammates are wildly over valued by some sections of the media. It appears any concrete bids are far lower than Hibs expectations.

Just now, S Form said:

An offer ‘in the region of £3m’. We would have to see the details of this offer to see exactly how much it was worth to Hibs. As I said, he and his teammates are wildly over valued by some sections of the media. It appears any concrete bids are far lower than Hibs expectations.

A lot more than the £2m they initially bid that was then upped to £2.5?

They might be overvalued but he also handed in a transfer request when the final bid was rejected.

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

A lot more than the £2m they initially bid that was then upped to £2.5?

They might be overvalued but he also handed in a transfer request when the final bid was rejected.

Of course he handed in a transfer request. The chances are he would have benefited financially from the move. It’s good to see you agree that they are overvalued. That’s the main point I am making here. Every player has his value, but the hype over some Hibs players is laughable.

Unknown user
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah there hasn't been interest in him 👍 they didn't knock back bids for Doig, Nisbet and the animal that's plays at the back for them. 

In January. 

Bongo, stay focussed here. You were asked who was valuing Doig at 5 million and you posted a couple of internet gobshites' opinions without a single quote. 

Do you think those are good sources? 

Edited by Smithee

Heartsofgold

This Irvine deal reeks of his agent engineering him a shite move just to get round the maximum training compensation rules.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

This Irvine deal reeks of his agent engineering him a shite move just to get round the maximum training compensation rules.

I don't know, I can't help thinking that he knows his style is better suited elsewhere and wants to check it out.

Having said that I know a lassie (a good jambo) who worked beside his mum, she was telling me the family's always been about the money - nothing wrong with that in this capitalistic world, but maybe it is just as simple as that

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )