Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

4 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Irving subbed after 32 mins with his team 2 down in a 3-0 defeat.

Played in front of 784 fans.

Deary me, he would struggle to get on our bench now but wha a horrendous move.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Rick Sanchez

I was always adamant I wouldn't have kept him while others were going daft. Decent prospect but could never play the 3-4-3 IMO.

jamboinglasgow

Dont really get the desire and will some have to see him fail. Some seem to even take enjoyment out of it. He is a young player who is decided to do something different, yes I would have wanted him to sign a new contract but not going to take it too personally.

Its also worth remembering that not everything is about how things are happening on the pitch, its a job so he may want to live in a different country and experience a new life style and may enjoy it more.

As with any young Hearts player who leaves, I wish him all the best.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

7 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Irving subbed after 32 mins with his team 2 down in a 3-0 defeat.

Played in front of 784 fans.

What the **** was he thinking about. 

Guest ToqueJambo

One of the more bizarre transfer moves in recent years. We're playing a different game now but he'd still have a chance of getting into this team for games when we know we'll have more of the ball IMO. Very strange career move, can only assume it was for money and lifestyle reasons. Lifestyle I can understand  but any future move he gets, back here most likely, will still be made on the back of his Hearts time, ironically enough.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont really get the desire and will some have to see him fail. Some seem to even take enjoyment out of it. He is a young player who is decided to do something different, yes I would have wanted him to sign a new contract but not going to take it too personally.

Its also worth remembering that not everything is about how things are happening on the pitch, its a job so he may want to live in a different country and experience a new life style and may enjoy it more.

I like to keep upto date with previous players and I very much take pleasure in some players failing, particularly those who think they're bigger than Hearts when they're clearly not. Or who ****ed around in our demotion season. I do have a chuckle at Irving but I wouldn't say I enjoy it.

Now Pereira...I'll follow that guy the rest of his career :laugh:

34 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

well said.  Hopefully he does well. 

kingantti1874

Don’t wish the lad any harm but absolutely bizarre move. Said it at the time and will continue to say it’s.. huge mistake 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I agree.  Well said.

Was he even that good? Was part of one of the worst ever squads. Think personally I was sucked into the young Hearts fan stuff but don't think he would get a look in for us anymore so good luck in Germany fella.

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Was he even that good? Was part of one of the worst ever squads. Think personally I was sucked into the young Hearts fan stuff but don't think he would get a look in for us anymore so good luck in Germany fella.

He was pretty good but not a stand out. He had room for improvement though and had he stayed here would have been offered a far better development route with the top class facilities we offer than the move he made. 

Horribly advised. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Badly advised. Simple as that.

Yup. Shockingly bad move. A midtable 3rd division german side... whats his agent playing at? 

Doesn't even look like he's getting a game. Suspect we'll see him back in Scotland inside 18 months. 

Incredible arseholes like me were screaming to give him whatever he wanted and Savage has went away and got Beni :D 

I think he was overhyped tbh, decent but not that good, he would not get in our midfield now even if he came back, good luck to him though, takes baws to move to a new country and try something different.

The fact that Harry Cochrane has ended up in a better place than Irving really shows how bad a decision he has made.

InternationalJambo

It’s a shame. The boy had potential to stake a claim in the team over the course of his new contract if he signed, but as others have pointed out he was badly advised. He would have been a squad player this season but people in the football world were poisoning his head unfortunately. 

Doctor FinnBarr
53 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I think he was overhyped tbh, decent but not that good, he would not get in our midfield now even if he came back, good luck to him though, takes baws to move to a new country and try something different.

Doesn't take baws if the money is right. I did it in 87 moving to the then West Germany and trebling my wage.

5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Doesn't take baws if the money is right. I did it in 87 moving to the then West Germany and trebling my wage.

I also have done it twice moving to Japan for a bit and now permanently based out here in New Zealand, I think it does take courage, not everyone could do it imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the Hickey thread, thought I’d check on Andy.

Came on as a 66th minute sub with his team already  3-1 down, it stayed that way.

Team sitting 11th in the league

2 hours ago, Leisham38 said:

Seeing the Hickey thread, thought I’d check on Andy.

Came on as a 66th minute sub with his team already  3-1 down, it stayed that way.

Team sitting 11th in the league

Quite simply the most bizarre transfer move I have seen. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Quite simply the most bizarre transfer move I have seen. 

Has to be done purely to allow him to move without the development fee in the next couple of transfer windows.

However, prospective buyers are going to look at his form, level of football, and game time and have doubts.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Has to be done purely to allow him to move without the development fee in the next couple of transfer windows.

However, prospective buyers are going to look at his form, level of football, and game time and have doubts.

Some ****ing hearts fan if the main reason for making a suicidal career move was to screw the club out of a couple of grand development fee which we are 100% entitled to. 

Easily and by far and away the STUPIDEST voluntary move I’ve ever seen. 

hed have had a great opportunity to showcase himself in a team now doing well..  thankfully we have signed better players 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some ****ing hearts fan if the main reason for making a suicidal career move was to screw the club out of a couple of grand development fee which we are 100% entitled to. 

Easily and by far and away the STUPIDEST voluntary move I’ve ever seen. 

hed have had a great opportunity to showcase himself in a team now doing well..  thankfully we have signed better players 

Heard it was for the talent fair dues. 

Poorly advised and he clearly didn't think this through. There was no place better than hearts for him, even as a squad player this season he would have developed more.

Sad to see and hopefully he still make a decent career for himself.

23 minutes ago, Jamtastico said:

Poorly advised and he clearly didn't think this through. There was no place better than hearts for him, even as a squad player this season he would have developed more.

Sad to see and hopefully he still make a decent career for himself.

I think he will be back at Hamilton or St Mirren in the not too distant future.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Aye. I'd wager Livingston. 

... I did say decent career, right?! 😂

You're probably right, easy to get a move back if you are "home sick" and down tools

If this was all to dodge a development fee, thats really disappointing. I think it was a terrible career move but its hard to see where he fits in to the team because Beni is leagues ahead of him. 

Suspect a move to Livi or some other diddy awaits tbh. 

Said at the time he was easily replaceable. He will end up finding his way back to Scotland in 18 months or so and sign for a Dunfermline or Morton type club and unless he proves himself at that level, he'll jump around the Championship for the rest of his career with the Partick Thistles and Falkirks.

The way things are going he'll struggle to get a move at that level. If he does it will be on his reputation with Hearts alone. More likely a move to the Championship.

If the plan was to work his way up through German football, it doesn't seem to be going well. If the move was really to avoid a development fee then his agent has had a nightmare. There is no way the contract he can demand now is higher than it was when a club would have had to pay a development fee. Not bizarre to decide to go abroad, but to go at that level made no real sense.

Brown Stuff 74

Funny how players get worse when they leave and better when they stay/ sign. Thought he was different class myself and fair play for moving abroad. 

His real test was still to come when he had to move up to the top tier and would have had far more competition for a place in the side

We can speculate on his choice of destination and playing level but he has not chosen the easy route for sure.....hope he settles, learns the language and develops as a player

He had talent but it was not as though he was always a first choice when fit..............good luck to him though.

Guest ToqueJambo

Could have been part of a squad at the top of the Premiership, with a decent chance of getting a shot alongside Beni as a deep-lying playmaker. Instead he's not starting for a team that could face relegation to the level we got Marcel Langer from. Langer seems to be out of football completely now at 24. Even just 10 appearances for us this season would have done Irving more good than 30 at the level he's at now, assuming his playing career was his priority with that move although that seems doubtful.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Funny how players get worse when they leave and better when they stay/ sign. Thought he was different class myself and fair play for moving abroad. 

I thought he was very good if unsuited to the Scottish Championship. He offered us something different in midfield. Still one of the strangest moves I've seen a promising young Hearts player make, thinking back to others who started well with us. Similar to Jordan McGhee going to Middlesborough U23s instead of trying to establish himself with us and ending up having to restart his career with Falkirk or whoever.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Certainly where Hamilton are, but no chance St Mirren.

More likely Falkirk, Cove, Kelty type of club.

2 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

:rofl:

Phil D. Corners

Personally thinks he’s playing more football this season then he would of done Hearts. 

Definitely what he needs at his stage of his career. 

1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Personally thinks he’s playing more football this season then he would of done Hearts. 

Definitely what he needs at his stage of his career. 

he needs sporadic minutes, in a non entity league,  for a side getting pumped more often than not.

I get wanting to leave hearts for games but to that league and club? he will look back on it as the dumbest move he’s ever made imo

One of the most stupid moves I have seen any Hearts player make. Thoroughly badly advised in all of this, that and an ego that really outstripped his ability. 

Not sure what he was on at Hearts but the average salary for a 3 Bundesliga player is around the €110,000 not a vast amount. I believe they average less than 900 per home game at the Grunwalder stadion as well so all in all I can’t for the life of me work out his move . Munich is a beautiful city though I spent 2 years there 

4 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

A player I haven’t given a second thought to since he left. Will never play for a bigger club than HMFC. Montrose awaits. 

Correct

1 hour ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Not sure what he was on at Hearts but the average salary for a 3 Bundesliga player is around the €110,000 not a vast amount. I believe they average less than 900 per home game at the Grunwalder stadion as well so all in all I can’t for the life of me work out his move . Munich is a beautiful city though I spent 2 years there 

Going to guess that €110,000 would approximately double his previous Hearts wage. No idea how it compares to what his new contract was.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )