Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Getting back to Irving, did anyone hear what the Club got in development fees? Any ITK poster with an update?

I know that the number 300k-400k was being bandied about, which was an attractive number for Hearts.  My suspicion is that we got considerably less than that, maybe even a small fraction of that. We'll probably never know.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Getting back to Irving, did anyone hear what the Club got in development fees? Any ITK poster with an update?

I know that the number 300k-400k was being bandied about, which was an attractive number for Hearts.  My suspicion is that we got considerably less than that, maybe even a small fraction of that. We'll probably never know.

@Barack?

Phil D. Corners

£60k was reported yesterday. 

9 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

If true, that's not much for a player we invested 13 years on and was a regular in the team last year.

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If true, that's not much for a player we invested 13 years on and was a regular in the team last year.

The current academy set up at most clubs is absolute lunacy. Every performance indicator tells you it’s not worth it having one. 

48 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The current academy set up at most clubs is absolute lunacy. Every performance indicator tells you it’s not worth it having one. 

I know what you mean.  The last few years seem to have produced a meagre return on investment.

If we only got £60k for Irving, as was stated above, I think we need to re-evaluate how we identify and develop young players.

Don't know if its been pointed out already, and I hate to be a pedant, but there's no such thing as Bundesliga 3. :P

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Don't know if its been pointed out already, and I hate to be a pedant, but there's no such thing as Bundesliga 3. :P

Why is that? 

Saint Jambo
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why is that? 

Presumably referring to it just being called Liga 3 rather than Bundesliga 3.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why is that? 

Bundesliga is a seperate entity which governs the top 2 divisions, while the 3. Liga is governed by DFB. A la SPL/SFL. Pedantic, I know. :ninja: 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Bundesliga is a seperate entity which governs the top 2 divisions, while the 3. Liga is governed by DFB. A la SPL/SFL. Pedantic, I know. :ninja: 

👍

4 hours ago, Barack said:

You rang?

Any idea what we got? 

4 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Where was that? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

On this thread. 😄

Awww well must be right then , just left the transfer thread due to the utterly abhorrent postings of a lunatic to find out its just a figure quoted on here 🤣 ill try the Euro thread and laugh at the French now.

cheers dave 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Should be a couple pages back. 

Cheers Phil , ill have a scan tomorrow. Had enough lunacy for today. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Why would I know? Have I said I knew? Was I drunk?

I'm not even fussed the kid's gone. So no idea why I'd be party to Irving's ta-ta fee. 🤷‍♂️

Wondered if ya’d maybe heard a figure from one of the many people one knows. 

davemclaren
7 hours ago, farin said:

Yep, It replaced the old amateur regional league after restructuring. Officially it’s known as the dritte (3) liga & is now professional. 

There were two Regional leagues, North and South. 

Phil D. Corners
9 hours ago, farin said:

Yep, It replaced the old amateur regional league after restructuring. Officially it’s known as the dritte (3) liga & is now professional. 

Also allows a good platform for the former East German teams to progress up the league. 

Historically the East German teams struggled for money and all the top players went to clubs in west German clubs. Leipzig has the power of Red Bull to get up. But Union Berlin are a great wee cult club that made it too the Bundesliga now. 

10 hours ago, farin said:

The regional leagues were also professional and a lot of clubs, if not all, still continue to be in the 4th tier. 

Edited by Norm

17 hours ago, Locky said:

So their diddy clubs don't have a say over what their full time professional clubs do?  Novel.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Some cracking crowds theycan get in the lower divisions in Germany.

On par if not better than the English.

Having said that I couldn't find a home crowd that reached 4 figures for Andy's new team

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Having said that I couldn't find a home crowd that reached 4 figures for Andy's new team

You're looking at mainy 4 figure averages in the 3. Liga but also 4 figure averages for some of the regional teams as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
John Findlay
47 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

First game of the season for him today. Starts on the bench.

Made the bench.

Nessjambo67

On as a 90th min sub in a 0 0 draw sounds great . Don’t fancy the 5 and a half hour journey back to munchen 🙄

Nessjambo67
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be amazed if this doesn’t work out to be one of the dumbest moves ever. 

I guess it’s still early days but I don’t think it bodes well that your new signing doesn’t start and gets on in the 90th min maybe I’m looking to much into it 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

😄

It really doesn't look like anything else.

3fingersreid

I’ll never have a pop at a young player trying his luck abroad , good luck to him.

53 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ll never have a pop at a young player trying his luck abroad , good luck to him.

Well said.  And a Hearts supporter too.

loveofthegame
42 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Well said.  And a Hearts supporter too.

Such a big Hearts fan he jumped ship at first opportunity in one of the strangest moves i've ever come across.

Good luck to him, but be very surprised if this turns out a good move or if he ever plays for a bigger club than us. 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Such a big Hearts fan he jumped ship at first opportunity in one of the strangest moves i've ever come across.

Good luck to him, but be very surprised if this turns out a good move or if he ever plays for a bigger club than us. 

It really is a strange move. Their crowds are in the hundreds normally

31 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

He is a big Hearts fan.  He didn't "jumped ship at the first opportunity", he was in the Hearts organisation for 13 years and could have left years ago, but he wanted to stay at Hearts.  The circumstances surrounding his departure from the Club are well explained earlier in this thread, several times, so I'm not going to repeat them now, but the actions of Savage and Neilson were as much factors as anything that Irving did. 

I'm glad you're wishing him luck, which we all should do. I simply don't understand the apparent satisfaction that some posters are expressing over the fact that he didn't make the starting line-up on his first game at his new club. 

If you had the chance to do the same job that you do right now, but in a different country and a different culture, would you not jump at the chance as well? 

I'd be all over it without a look back.  Fair play to him for giving it a go, regardless of the "calibre" of the team he's signed for. 

It's an interesting move for him, I didn't rate him that much but good luck to him anyway, seems a good jambo, who is trying a new culture and different style of life, something I know a lot about.

loveofthegame

He is a big Hearts fan.  He didn't "jumped ship at the first opportunity", he was in the Hearts organisation for 13 years and could have left years ago, but he wanted to stay at Hearts.  The circumstances surrounding his departure from the Club are well explained earlier in this thread, several times, so I'm not going to repeat them now, but the actions of Savage and Neilson were as much factors as anything that Irving did. 

I'm glad you're wishing him luck, which we all should do. I simply don't understand the apparent satisfaction that some posters are expressing over the fact that he didn't make the starting line-up on his first game at his new club. 

I think for most Hearts fans, we care about Hearts. If we feel players are acting in their own interest (which they are 100% entitled to do!) then it is completely normal to feel wronged...  That is just the way fans react.

If he goes on to be a superstar then good for him, but I'll always be slightly bitter with the way that he left and the move he made. I don't apologise for that. Felt same way about Jordan McGhee and Irving being a Hearts fan doesn't make him any different to me.

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yup, back in Scotland/UK inside 18 months. 

Shame because he is a jambo, I wish he'd have stayed, although there seems to be enough murmurings on here to suggest the club didn't make too much effort to keep him, despite the length of the saga?

Guest ToqueJambo

Looking at the way we plan to play this season I can't see where Irving would play. He's not really cut out for that midfield central two. He's getting to experience a new culture playing football for a living, which any of us would jump at the chance to do. Good luck to him but even if he established himself at this club it's a level well below where we are so I'm not sure what it will prove about him as a player.

Thought Police
On 26/07/2021 at 01:18, InternationalJambo said:

Laddie wasn't rated by the club. It's as simple as that. 

Can’t blame them if his only suitor was a team with less than 1000 fans

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Can’t blame them if his only suitor was a team with less than 1000 fans

Comparison with McGhee now at Dundee.

• 4 weeks later...
Malinga the Swinga

If you were being totally honest, he hasn't been missed on any way shape or form.

Will end up at Forfar or Kelty in a season or two.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )