Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. Quite an interesting history to them. Hope Irving makes a decent fist of it with them. 

A very strange move, im sure his agent has hi s best interests close to his heart.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Just now, Harry Potter said:

A very strange move, im sure his agent has hi s best interests close to his heart.

I’m sure all Scotland’s young promising players will be banging on Andy’s agents door as we speak. 😇

rudi must stay

Way I see it, may be wrong. Asked for daft wages, everyone saw him as not in the game for the right reasons so there were no offers. Lowered them and this was his only option. Seen it before, I think he's made a mistake 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheers bud, formed in 1975, quite a new club.

Same league as as Munchen 1860 quite a famous old club.

Based in Munich' s Turkish community so understandable that they are relatively new. A decent move for him.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

German 3rd tier = SPL standard minus Rangers and Celtic. 

The reason Andy leaving is what he heard from Robbie and Joe. There was no real attempt to convince Andy that Hearts was the place for him to stay, play and develop. Robbie told him he still saw him as a development player and never did tell him the 'plan' he had for him that he mentioned in the EEN a few weeks back. Why not tell a laddie you see every day at training? 

Joe told him he should sign because he'd done nothing, played against no one, hadn't won anything and no one would pay a fee for him, so sign.

Andy only ever rejected one offer despite what was said in the press. Ann Budge was different class and did everything she could.

Ultimately, what Robbie and Joe said made Andy's decision for him. Andy was looking for a half-decent offer (the 2nd one was fine) and a 'you're a valued member of the squad and will be a big part going forward'. That would have seen it signed in January.

Disappointing the way it has ended up considering Andy has been going to Tynie since he was 2 and half and has been at the club since his 8th birthday. Anyway, that's professional football for you. 

Andy didn't 'hold the club to ransom', didn't have his head turned by agents, didn't think he was bigger than the club, the most un-billy big-time person. Just a normal, down to earth laddie trying to make a long-term career in football. 

Hearts removed the second offer weeks ago. Munchen came in a couple of weeks back and made Andy a very good offer. Union Berlin were keen to take him with a loan to a 2nd league club, but in the end Munchen were really keen and it seems like a good entry point into German football. Time will tell if this is the right move, but based upon what he heard, staying at Hearts wasn't.

Basically Robbie and Joe were honest and trueful with him, Andy felt he'd be better elsewhere. 

Fair enough. 

Bazzas right boot

German 3rd tier = SPL standard minus Rangers and Celtic. 

The reason Andy leaving is what he heard from Robbie and Joe. There was no real attempt to convince Andy that Hearts was the place for him to stay, play and develop. Robbie told him he still saw him as a development player and never did tell him the 'plan' he had for him that he mentioned in the EEN a few weeks back. Why not tell a laddie you see every day at training? 

Joe told him he should sign because he'd done nothing, played against no one, hadn't won anything and no one would pay a fee for him, so sign.

Andy only ever rejected one offer despite what was said in the press. Ann Budge was different class and did everything she could.

Ultimately, what Robbie and Joe said made Andy's decision for him. Andy was looking for a half-decent offer (the 2nd one was fine) and a 'you're a valued member of the squad and will be a big part going forward'. That would have seen it signed in January.

Disappointing the way it has ended up considering Andy has been going to Tynie since he was 2 and half and has been at the club since his 8th birthday. Anyway, that's professional football for you. 

Andy didn't 'hold the club to ransom', didn't have his head turned by agents, didn't think he was bigger than the club, the most un-billy big-time person. Just a normal, down to earth laddie trying to make a long-term career in football. 

Hearts removed the second offer weeks ago. Munchen came in a couple of weeks back and made Andy a very good offer. Union Berlin were keen to take him with a loan to a 2nd league club, but in the end Munchen were really keen and it seems like a good entry point into German football. Time will tell if this is the right move, but based upon what he heard, staying at Hearts wasn't.

Basically Robbie and Joe were honest and trueful with him, Andy felt he'd be better elsewhere. 

Fair enough. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Imagine we started next season with Cochrane, McDonald, Irving, Moore, in the starting line up. Good god we would be screwed. Folk just love knocking the club. Young players who don't make the grade move on, it happens all over the world.

Plus brought back Robinson and Morrison like some were shouting for. 

Same folk want us to be challenging at the top end of the league 

It's 

download (11).jpeg

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Absolute 100% shite. No wonder I've had you on ignore for months 

😂😂😂

It's a strange move, but a brave one. Great to see our youngsters moving away (even if it is only the 3rd tear in Germany), taking on new life experiences, challenges and cultures rather rather than dossing about in Scotland learning nothing new. 

Good luck to the lad, hope it works out for him. Be nice to live in Germany for a few years, hopefully the slower more methodical game style helps develop him further. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Fair enough. Maybe he’ll do well at that level. Out of Barnsley, Hearts and forget there name, Barnsley would be the best move for any player imo. If Buzzbomb is right and he turned down Barnsley that makes the whole episode beyond my understanding I’m afraid. Unless his sole ambition was to move to Germany regardless of club or level. 

Hopefully he will tell us in an interview why he left. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

It's a strange move, but a brave one. Great to see our youngsters moving away (even if it is only the 3rd tear in Germany), taking on new life experiences, challenges and cultures rather rather than dossing about in Scotland learning nothing new. 

Good luck to the lad, hope it works out for him. Be nice to live in Germany for a few years, hopefully the slower more methodical game style helps develop him further. 

I can’t say I’ve seen tier 3 but the 2nd tier didn’t seem that slow when I watched the Hamburg derby or other games on BT. 
It will help mature on and off the field, he might even have learnt the language at school. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hopefully he will tell us in an interview why he left. 

I would really like that. As I’ve already said, all a bit strange. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

I would really like that. As I’ve already said, all a bit strange. 

It would give us something else to talk about whilst waiting on more signings anyway 😆

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would give us something else to talk about whilst waiting on more signings anyway 😆

I hope it’s worth the wait. The longer it goes on the weaker my sense of optimism becomes. Irrational I know. 

Phil D. Corners

The Irving situation (as I said further up the page) is just utterly baffling to me. I just can’t understand why someone would leave his boyhood club and go to lower level German football. Even if every single word that Buzzbomb said is true I still don’t get his decision. 

I don’t consider league 1 a step up from the SPL, not in the slightest. 

I’d also add that turning down Barnsley and going to that level in Germany is also a massive fail for Irving and his agent. 

Munich v Barnsley? 😂

Francis Albert

Not sure what is so strange about moving from playing in Scotland's second tier to Germany's third.  Ok we will be in the heights of the SPFL for at least one season but then 1860 may climb. Best wishes Andy. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure what is so strange about moving from playing in Scotland's second tier to Germany's third.  Ok we will be in the heights of the SPFL for at least one season but then 1860 may climb. Best wishes Andy. 

He hasn’t signed for 1860 bud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Türkgücü_München

Edited by GinRummy

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He hasn’t signed for 1860 bud

I meant his new club playimg st the same level as 1960 may climb. Apologies for that slip.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert

His new club have moved from the 6th tier to the third in just 4 seasons so they have some upward trajectory!

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hope it’s worth the wait. The longer it goes on the weaker my sense of optimism becomes. Irrational I know. 

Totally rational, I’m at the other end expecting little and hoping to be surprised. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Treasurer

I wonder how much of the money saved on Irving, Naisy, Berra etc will actually be reinvested in wages. 

I expect all of it. No reason to think otherwise. Not heard anything to suggest the wage budget is being cut 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I expect all of it. No reason to think otherwise. Not heard anything to suggest the wage budget is being cut 

Should be some good players coming in then. 

portobellojambo1

I'd be tempted to suspect that the person making something out of this move is possibly his agent. His agency is German based, the city of Cologne, and I've heard that the actual agent he deals with is of Turkish origin. The team he is signing for is owned by Turks, is based in the Turkish community in Munich, with a minimal fan base (3/4,000). It just doesn't make much if any sense when I look at it.

He was doing not bad for us, but nothing special, I feel he may have been better advised to take the step up to the Premeir League with us, continue his football learning and if successful possibly secure himself a good deal at a much better club, either in the UK or on the continent. But he has made his choice, and we move on, like him.

Edited by portobellojambo1

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd be tempted to suspect that the person making something out of this move is possibly his agent. His agency is German based, the city of Cologne, and I've heard that the actual agent he deals with is of Turkish origin. The team he is signing for is owned by Turks, is based in the Turkish community in Munich, with a minimal fan base (3/4,000). It just doesn't make much if any sense when I look at it.

He was doing not bad for us, but nothing special, I feel he may have been better advised to take the step up to the Premeir League with us, continue his football learning and if successful possibly secure himself a good deal at a much better club, either in the UK or on the continent. But he has made his choice, and we move on, like him.

👍🏻👌🏻 Agreed

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Very good post. Interesting that his German/Turkish agent found him a German/Turkish club. 

56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t say I’ve seen tier 3 but the 2nd tier didn’t seem that slow when I watched the Hamburg derby or other games on BT. 
It will help mature on and off the field, he might even have learnt the language at school. 

Definately, but its certainly not as "kick and rush" in the middle as Scottish football usually is, players always seem to get more time on the ball. 

Will definately mature him on and off the pitch, so long as he stays away from the mini holidays to sample Berlins delights. It's about time Scottish footballs youngsters moved abroad, think of the amount of teenagers we've had come to Hearts over the years from other parts of the world. Looks like we are finally catching up. More to the world than football and Glasgows gruesome twosome. 

Japan Jambo

many games did Marcel play in the second tier? Doubt any. He was a youth player at Schalke. 85 million people in germany vs 6 million in scotland. Hmmm.. And look no further than our ex assistant to Stendel, who thought the SPL was the equivalent to the 3rd league in germany. No doubt you'll know better.

What proof do you want of what Joe said. A recording? 

Listen, if you don't want to believe it, fine. Go back into your wee Hearts bubble.

thanks for posting. best wishes for the lad.

Will be interesting to see what happens with his career in the short term. Thought he showed glimmers of being real quality, so while this looks a step back it might be what he needs if he wasn't happy at Hearts for whatever reason.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Fraggle said:

Guid beer in big jugs, whats not to love.

I really like Andy as a player and wanted him to stay, not the finished article but great potential. I could understand him looking elsewhere, but this a rubbish move for him IMO. I don't really understand why a Hearts supporter would turn us down to sign for some minnows in Germany. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, stotty said:

I really like Andy as a player and wanted him to stay, not the finished article but great potential. I could understand him looking elsewhere, but this a rubbish move for him IMO. I don't really understand why a Hearts supporter would turn us down to sign for some minnows in Germany. 

Its certainly a strange move, time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Let's hope they have a pot to piss in, can't but think we will have issues getting development fee out of them.

They seem to have gone up the leagues fairly quickly. Bound to have had backing to do that I’d think. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

An even bigger shame is the number of our players that this statement applies to in general.

Very few go on to bigger things.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Definately, but its certainly not as "kick and rush" in the middle as Scottish football usually is, players always seem to get more time on the ball. 

Will definately mature him on and off the pitch, so long as he stays away from the mini holidays to sample Berlins delights. It's about time Scottish footballs youngsters moved abroad, think of the amount of teenagers we've had come to Hearts over the years from other parts of the world. Looks like we are finally catching up. More to the world than football and Glasgows gruesome twosome. 

Spot on 👍🏽

Japan Jambo
38 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

erm the food. Great for a couple of days but after a week you discover there aren't that many ways to cook pork and potatoes... That said beautiful part of the world, spent a lot of time there over the years.

Edited by Japan Jambo

maybe just maybe the manager made it clear he doesn't see him as a regular starter which would probably mean not a very good offer was made to him.Attack minded central midfielders aren't really neilson's thing.Andy Irving being used as a sitter last season sums up neilson

41 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

😂😂 Very true. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, ctc said:

maybe just maybe the manager made it clear he doesn't see him as a regular starter which would probably mean not a very good offer was made to him.Attack minded central midfielders aren't really neilson's thing.Andy Irving being used as a sitter last season sums up neilson

I think that’s pretty much what happened. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Le Chat said:

Can't blame the lad for leaving.  I don't think I'd enjoy playing for Neilson either.

Good luck to him.

Unlike Ginnelly who signed mostly because he enjoys playing for Neilson “who lets him play his game”

His new team sounds like the German Gretna - I can’t believe he’ll be on big bucks either.

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, stotty said:

Minnows in Germany? How would Germans describe a team that struggled in most games in the second tier in Scotland. And when last seen in Europe some time ago lost to Birkirkara. Of Malta.

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Unlike Ginnelly who signed mostly because he enjoys playing for Neilson “who lets him play his game”

His new team sounds like the German Gretna - I can’t believe he’ll be on big bucks either.

This idea of the players dont want to play for Neilson , where did it come from? 

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

German 3rd is on par with mid Scottish championship, high league one. Few big teams down there who have fallen to pieces tho

No chance. There are plenty of Bundesliga 3 sides who would be challenging for Europe in our top league.  The OF would have a massive struggle to get out of Bundesliga 2. Every other club in our top league would have a massive struggle just to stay in Bundesliga 2.

The game in Germany is far more athletic than in Scotland, Irving will get to a level of fitness that he would never achieve in Scotland.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )