Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We need starters as well though. 

We also need to end this vicious cycle of losing our best talent on frees. 

Paterson, Walker, Nicholson, Holt and Hickey, 1 transfer fee in all of that I believe. 

My belief is we need to be a club that puts our youth policy front and centre of who we are as a club, that includes backing our young talent properly by offering them long(ish) deals and being creative and fluid with how we structure contracts. E.g. option of a years extension, % of eventual transfer fee to player ect. 

We're almost verging on naive at points. Souttar for example has 12 months left. Get him signed before he kicks a ball in the new season because he's going to have a stormer of a season. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm certainly not, but if someone holds Callum Paterson up as an example of our good scouting it's fair to point out we got him from next door and it was Vlad's scouting anyway, nothing to do with the current regime. In fact, the guy seems to be going to pretty incredible lengths to praise this regime for something they never did.

I don't think of Hearts in terms of "regimes". We've brought through young players at pretty much the same rate no matter who's in charge, and generally IMO we're better at it than our rivals. Developing young players has always been one of the things I've been most proud of as a Hearts fan, Hickey and Irving being the latest.

If we sign a good young player from elsewhere at a young age and then develop them into a good first team player and internationalist, we can take all the credit for him IMO. Or, if not us who would? And I don't see us getting credit for Josh Doig or to a lesser extent Jason Cummings, when surely with that logic that only the club that had them at a very young age gets the credit we should be.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

We also need to end this vicious cycle of losing our best talent on frees. 

Paterson, Walker, Nicholson, Holt and Hickey, 1 transfer fee in all of that I believe. 

My belief is we need to be a club that puts our youth policy front and centre of who we are as a club, that includes backing our young talent properly by offering them long(ish) deals and being creative and fluid with how we structure contracts. E.g. option of a years extension, % of eventual transfer fee to player ect. 

We're almost verging on naive at points. Souttar for example has 12 months left. Get him signed before he kicks a ball in the new season because he's going to have a stormer of a season. 

We did turn down around 500k or maybe more for Walker from Rangers didn't we and then got a fee from Wigan. I think we got a small fee for Holt. We got a good fee for Adam King from Swansea before he'd played a handful of games for us. 

I don't disagree with this but I do think one thing that sets us apart from say Hibs is we develop players for the first team first and foremost and all those players bar Holt (and even he was a good squad player) provided excellent service and value.

We're not like Hibs, pimping our players out at the first opportunity. Or like teams that Hamilton or Killie that might sell good prospects as soon as they get an offer because they need the money.  If we were more like Hibs I'm sure we could have got fees for the likes of Paterson and Walker but we wouldn't have seen them in the team so long. 

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You added Paterson as part of your argument.  Hearts have brought through  no players through the academy that have manged to establish a strong starting position in the first team since Budge and Levein revamped the department.  

Irving was a strong starter for us until his form declined when he was distracted by contract stuff. Jack Hamilton was our No. 1 goalie for a whole season. The likes of Cochrane and Morrison got 30+ games. Maybe Brandon, Zanatta, MacDonald, Godhino, Keena, Moore too - 15/20-30 games. And, because it seems the club that has players as a kid deserves all the credit, Josh Doig is a first team player. And Hickey was signed for the youth department by Levein.

What teenagers from the youth system have got that many games at Hibs and Aberdeen, our closest rivals, in the same period? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Saint Jambo
41 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You added Paterson as part of your argument.  Hearts have brought through  no players through the academy that have manged to establish a strong starting position in the first team since Budge and Levein revamped the department.  

No I didn't. I responded to someone that said Hickey and Paterson couldn't be considered youth academy successes as they were to old when they joined the club. I pointed out how funny it was that the same posters that make this argument are never jumped in to add them as examples of successes to discussions about the clubs' (not the "regime's") recruitment. Since then I've been told they can't be considered resounding successes and aren't examples of recruitment that involved our scouts. As I said earlier, bizarre the lengths some posters will go to in minimising any credit to the club (again I said nothing about regimes).

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The conversation is about how the recruitment side of things is doing, not how it was doing in 2010 under a completely different set up

Young players are young players. I think people are getting very pedantic about "set ups". Who cares? Are we bringing through young players? Yes. Do some establish themselves in the first team? Yes. Do some attract interest and become internationals? Yes. All this has happened before and after this "regime", Hickey and Irving being the latest. 

Personally I think we're as likely to bring through a star player with no youth system as we are with a well-funded academy, but I do think a well funded Academy gives us a much better chance of creating a pipeline of players for the first team. I've been really impressed how technically good and composed at a very young age players like Cochrane, Hickey, Irving, Connor Smith and MacDonald have been - much more so than previously. Of course they're not all going to make it but that's an encouraging sign for me that we're doing something right at youth level. They all seem very level-headed and professional too, unlike across the road.

21 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm not, I'm just disagreeing with the guy who said they represented success for our scouting. 

We already knew Hickey as a quality prospect we'd been unable to keep hold of and Paterson signed 4 years before this regime so no, I don't give our scouting much credit for either.

Any scouting and that team also needed rebuilt from scratch would be looking at players primarily who would only be reaching first team level in the next two years or so. Therefore claiming scouting a success or failure at mo for the academy is redundant as an argument on either side. 

Hickey is an exception rather than a rule at most clubs.

Its encouraging how many pro contracts we handed out recently other than that we don’t have a clue how good or bad we are doing with the academy at the moment. No worse than any others id guess , no better either. They are all  black hole for money at almost every club. 

29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Young players are young players. I think people are getting very pedantic about "set ups". Who cares? Are we bringing through young players? Yes. Do some establish themselves in the first team? Yes. Do some attract interest and become internationals? Yes. All this has happened before and after this "regime", Hickey and Irving being the latest. 

Personally I think we're as likely to bring through a star player with no youth system as we are with a well-funded academy, but I do think a well funded Academy gives us a much better chance of creating a pipeline of players for the first team. I've been really impressed how technically good and composed at a very young age players like Cochrane, Hickey, Irving, Connor Smith and MacDonald have been - much more so than previously. Of course they're not all going to make it but that's an encouraging sign for me that we're doing something right at youth level. They all seem very level-headed and professional too, unlike across the road.

This i agree with

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irving was a strong starter for us until his form declined when he was distracted by contract stuff. Jack Hamilton was our No. 1 goalie for a whole season. The likes of Cochrane and Morrison got 30+ games. Maybe Brandon, Zanatta, MacDonald, Godhino, Keena, Moore too - 15/20-30 games. And, because it seems the club that has players as a kid deserves all the credit, Josh Doig is a first team player. And Hickey was signed for the youth department by Levein.

What teenagers from the youth system have got that many games at Hibs and Aberdeen, our closest rivals, in the same period? 

Can we break this down.  Iriving has just left, many say he's not good enough.  I don't feel we played to the best of his abilities.  

Jack Hamilton is pap.

Cochrane and Morrison came on the scene, not developed properly and now below level.  The rest you mentioned in the same bracket.

My point is the likes of you told everyone to be patient when time and a lot of money was being put into the academy, it was justification for the likes of you to not question your hero Craig Levein.  Not one player has came through thats made our team better then sold on for a lot of money.

I couldn't care less about Hibs or Aberdeen.  Have they put so much investment into it?  Aberdeen sold McKenna for £3m up front leading to £5m.     That's £5m more than any player we have brought through the academy after administration.   They also sold Sam Cosgrove for £2m.  There's £7m in the past couple of years while we bring in money for who exactly?  Best we've managed is Warnock kindly inserting a sell on clause for Paterson.  We can use the £2m we got for Hickey mind you and it takes it back to £5m.  Hardly loose change. 

Hibs seem to be going down the other route of signing players from other clubs then selling them on.   Cummings, McGinn probably Doig and Nisbet.  Where are we when Hibs are going for Nisbet?  Kicking about signing shanners from down south. 

Why would players, young hungry players want to come to us now either?  We can hardly give many examples of signing young talent to sell on.  But we have James Anderson and the FoH pumping money in each month so the rest above is allowed to become neglected. 

38 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

No I didn't. I responded to someone that said Hickey and Paterson couldn't be considered youth academy successes as they were to old when they joined the club. I pointed out how funny it was that the same posters that make this argument are never jumped in to add them as examples of successes to discussions about the clubs' (not the "regime's") recruitment. Since then I've been told they can't be considered resounding successes and aren't examples of recruitment that involved our scouts. As I said earlier, bizarre the lengths some posters will go to in minimising any credit to the club (again I said nothing about regimes).

Cool.  I'm sure you'll agree it's been a monumental failure so far then. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We need starters as well though. 

We already have Peter Haring starting ahead of Andy Irving.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Can we break this down.  Iriving has just left, many say he's not good enough.  I don't feel we played to the best of his abilities.  

Jack Hamilton is pap.

Cochrane and Morrison came on the scene, not developed properly and now below level.  The rest you mentioned in the same bracket.

My point is the likes of you told everyone to be patient when time and a lot of money was being put into the academy, it was justification for the likes of you to not question your hero Craig Levein.  Not one player has came through thats made our team better then sold on for a lot of money.

I couldn't care less about Hibs or Aberdeen.  Have they put so much investment into it?  Aberdeen sold McKenna for £3m up front leading to £5m.     That's £5m more than any player we have brought through the academy after administration.   They also sold Sam Cosgrove for £2m.  There's £7m in the past couple of years while we bring in money for who exactly?  Best we've managed is Warnock kindly inserting a sell on clause for Paterson.  We can use the £2m we got for Hickey mind you and it takes it back to £5m.  Hardly loose change. 

Hibs seem to be going down the other route of signing players from other clubs then selling them on.   Cummings, McGinn probably Doig and Nisbet.  Where are we when Hibs are going for Nisbet?  Kicking about signing shanners from down south. 

Why would players, young hungry players want to come to us now either?  We can hardly give many examples of signing young talent to sell on.  But we have James Anderson and the FoH pumping money in each month so the rest above is allowed to become neglected. 

you’re all over the place. No coherent argument in your desperation to talk Hearts down and talk Hibs up as usual.

You’re the most obvious hibby on this forum.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

you’re all over the place. No coherent argument in your desperation to talk Hearts down as usual.

You mean you haven't got a comeback.

Can you not just agree that the academy, since being revamped under Levein has failed massively and cost loads?

Name any team at a similar level to us that since our admin in 2013 we have sold players on for more profit?  Or even come close to.  I'll even give you Dundee Utd in there too as I'm feeling generous.  In fact, I'll give you Motherwell too.

There's 

Aberdeen

Hibs

Dundee Utd

Motherwell

How do they compare, since the new regime took over, in terms of profit for players? 

You do more damage than anyone with your blinkered view everything is fine.

Can we also add in St Johnstone, Ross County, Inverness and St Mirren that have won a national trophy since we went into admin?  

But it's fine, we are easily the third biggest club in the country but it's all good.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many (recently brought through) youth are in your hibs team? One. Produced by us. 

Two Hibs players they brought through have just won the League Cup and Scottish Cup in the same season.  I'll reply none the less. 

Wotherspoon has three domestic medals in the same period we've zero.  And he's utter shan.   Just let that sink in. 

Edited by Last Laff

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Nope. You've just made that up too.

As far as I can tell you just want an argument. If you think Callum Patterson is a good example of our recruitment and not a good example of our recruitment a decade ago under a different owner, setup and set of employees then you're an idiot.

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We already have Peter Haring starting ahead of Andy Irving.

Haring is ahead of Halliday, no?

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

But we're talking about how well the academy is doing.

It's been completely revamped since Paterson came in, so has the scouting.

How far are we going? Rudi was a good signing, does he show how well our recruitment's going?

I don't have a dog in this fight except to say Callum Patterson is a shit barometer for how our scouting/recruitment is going. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Haring is ahead of Halliday, no?

Depends on the formation but generally you had 3 players looking to play broadly similar roles as holding midfielders with Haring better than Halliday who in turn was better than Irving. 

Halliday has the flexibility to cover a wider position and Haring can also play centre back, whereas Irving was a one trick pony who lacked the engine to do anything other than a holding role.

It seems like we already have more dynamic younger players coming through with the likes of Pollock, McGill and Conor Smith.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Depends on the formation but generally you had 3 players looking to play broadly similar roles as holding midfielders with Haring better than Halliday who in turn was better than Irving. 

Halliday has the flexibility to cover a wider position and Haring can also play centre back, whereas Irving was a one trick pony who lacked the engine to do anything other than a holding role.

It seems like we already have more dynamic younger players coming through with the likes of Pollock, McGill and Conor Smith.

You’re comparing what Halliday and Haring do with Irving. Whatever you think of Irving’s ability, there is nobody at the club who can do what he was supposed to do (such as be creative in advanced positions)

I couldn’t tell you how good Pollock, McGill or Smith are but they are bench players for next season, and hopefully kicking on from there 

David McCaig
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

You’re comparing what Halliday and Haring do with Irving. Whatever you think of Irving’s ability, there is nobody at the club who can do what he was supposed to do (such as be creative in advanced positions)

I couldn’t tell you how good Pollock, McGill or Smith are but they are bench players for next season, and hopefully kicking on from there 

Irving has a good eye for a pass, but Haring is even better and whilst Irving is creative, it tends to be with quarterback style passes from deep rather than advanced positions.  Halliday doesn’t have Irving’s vision but can still thread a pass and his all-round game is light years ahead of Irving.

Irving has potential and the ability to play the wonder pass is a great skill to have, but has to be balanced by a myriad of flaws which he has done nothing to resolve over the last 2 to 3 years since making his first team debut.  

It’s a shame that Irving has gone, but ultimately it frees a spot in the squad to develop another younger player and Pollock may well be a kid with more in his locker.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Irving has a good eye for a pass, but Haring is even better and whilst Irving is creative, it tends to be with quarterback style passes from deep rather than advanced positions.  Halliday doesn’t have Irving’s vision but can still thread a pass and his all-round game is light years ahead of Irving.

Irving has potential and the ability to play the wonder pass is a great skill to have, but has to be balanced by a myriad of flaws which he has done nothing to resolve over the last 2 to 3 years since making his first team debut.  

It’s a shame that Irving has gone, but ultimately it frees a spot in the squad to develop another younger player and Pollock may well be a kid with more in his locker.

McAfee as well 👍🏻

Personally think we need a top midfielder (in SPFL terms) to give us that X factor. 

We shall see!

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

McAfee as well 👍🏻

Personally think we need a top midfielder (in SPFL terms) to give us that X factor. 

We shall see!

I agree

John Findlay
50 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Two Hibs players they brought through have just won the League Cup and Scottish Cup in the same season.  I'll reply none the less. 

Wotherspoon has three domestic medals in the same period we've zero.  And he's utter shan.   Just let that sink in. 

Did they win with Hibs?

No. So it really doesnt matter does it?

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Did they win with Hibs?

No. So it really doesnt matter does it?

Erm it was a question about players brought through youth system/academies.  Hanlon and their left back won it with them though, and both of them would never be good enough imo for HMFC. 

Have we brought through any player that's won a national medal since admin?  

John Findlay
21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Erm it was a question about players brought through youth system/academies.  Hanlon and their left back won it with them though, and both of them would never be good enough imo for HMFC. 

Where to start with the 2014/15 Championship winning team.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Diddy medals.   Premier League, Scottish Cup, League Cup.

Rest is embarrassing. Next you'll count flap Jack winning the Playoff :lol: 

Since admin, what player have we brought through that's won a prestigious medal?  Genuinely can't think of one. 

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Conveniently ignoring the national cup final we won a year previously with 6 players brought through our system in the match day squad vs ! We were two penalty kicks away from, I make it, five players brought through our system winning a medal in 2020 and a couple of defensive blunders away from 3 winning a medal the previous season.

If Hibs had won the cup last season instead of failing yet again in a much more winnable final than our last two, only 4 players from their youth system were in the squad and one was produced by us. But what's the point? You're never going to say anything positive about Hearts.

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

As far as I can tell you just want an argument. If you think Callum Patterson is a good example of our recruitment and not a good example of our recruitment a decade ago under a different owner, setup and set of employees then you're an idiot.

I want an argument? You are the one who has yet again claimed I said something I didn't. I haven't said anything about Paterson being an example of our recruitment under the current owner. You seem to want to set up strawman argument after strawman argument.

As an aside, one of the key employees involved in recruiting young players has been there throughout.

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Diddy medals.   Premier League, Scottish Cup, League Cup.

Rest is embarrassing. Next you'll count flap Jack winning the Playoff :lol: 

Since admin, what player have we brought through that's won a prestigious medal?  Genuinely can't think of one. 

You may not have noticed but we haven't won a cup since admin. But seeing as you seem to be counting David Wotherspoon as a Hibs win - Jason Cummings (given apparently Hickey was really developed by Celtic).

Also, Dylan McGowan won a national cup and national championship (twice) in Australia.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It's not conveniently forgetting.   Since Budge and levein took charge no player we have brought through have got us much money or won a winners medal at another team that isn't completely diddy. 

We brought through Aaron Hickey who got us more money than all your favourite Hibs players you've mentioned in this thread put together. In fact, so far even Irving has brought more in more money than Hanlon, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Porteous and Doig (although isn't he our development player?) put together.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You may not have noticed but we haven't won a cup since admin. But seeing as you seem to be counting David Wotherspoon as a Hibs win - Jason Cummings.

Also, Dylan McGowan won a national cup and national championship (twice) in Australia.

It doesn't matter we haven't won a cup.  Other clubs have and none of our players play for them either.

No player, since Levein and Budge has made us money through the academy nor went on to win a trophy with another club.

It's a matter of fact.  I'm counting Wotherspoon as sod all.  He's a player they brought through, same as Booth that went on to win national medals though and both players are pure diddy.  Meanwhile we bring through.... and...... 

Any day soon though eh?  Years you ripped people questioning Levein and his diddy regime brining through players at academy level. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We brought through Aaron Hickey who got us more money than all your favourite Hibs players you've mentioned in this thread put together. In fact, so far even Irving has brought more in more money than Hanlon, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Porteous and Doig (although isn't he our development player?) put together.

No, we gave Aaron Hickey a game.  He was developed by Celtic. 

What favourite Hibs players?  You do realise you are making yourself look a complete and utter clown?  

Hickey didn't come through our academy.   We had to give Celtic (get the straw out for Celtic) a large percentage when selling Hickey.   We should have kept Doig, he would have been the first real success since Budge and Levein came to the club.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

It doesn't matter we haven't won a cup.  Other clubs have and none of our players play for them either.

No player, since Levein and Budge has made us money through the academy nor went on to win a trophy with another club.

It's a matter of fact.  I'm counting Wotherspoon as sod all.  He's a player they brought through, same as Booth that went on to win national medals though and both players are pure diddy.  Meanwhile we bring through.... and...... 

Any day soon though eh?  Years you ripped people questioning Levein and his diddy regime brining through players at academy level. 

You're still all over then place. Wotherspoon was before we were in admin. So in that case we can point to several players who won a medal in 2012. Since 2014/15 how many have other teams sold for big money? Hibs specifically as your apparent area of expertise? The only player they made money on as a youth in that period was Jason Cummings who was our youth player first. If you count him as their player then Aaron Hickey is our player.

You know admin was just 5-6 years ago right? How many teenagers do you expect us bring through and sell each year? Assuming we recruit around age 11?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No, we gave Aaron Hickey a game.  He was developed by Celtic. 

What favourite Hibs players?  You do realise you are making yourself look a complete and utter clown?  

Hickey didn't come through our academy.   We had to give Celtic (get the straw out for Celtic) a large percentage when selling Hickey.   We should have kept Doig, he would have been the first real success since Budge and Levein came to the club.  

Incredible. So you credit Celtic for Hickey but don't credit us for Doig? As a first team player surely he is already a success? All over the place man.

Is there anything you like about Hearts?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What's Dylan McGowan? Scotch mist?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Where to start indeed. He's praising Hibs youth over ours, yet:

We gubbed them in a historic cup final with 6 youth players on our team. A youth product was also one of the managerial team

Our youth team won more points than Hibs in 2013/14, dominated them in head to heads and got them relegated. A Hearts youth player was also manager

Dominated them and Rangers in the Championship the following season, again with a lot of youth players as the core of our team. A Hearts youth player was also manager

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Incredible. So you credit Celtic for Hickey but don't credit us for Doig? As a first team player surely he is already a success? All over the place man.

That leaves him with no argument whatsoever.  Nowhere to hide!

Your last sentence is obviously a rhetorical question.

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic made a lot of money when we sold Hickey.  Why?  Because he was a product of their academy.

Doig, if we kept him would have been the only player since admin (2013, 8 years ago) that would have been brought through and possibly sold on.  Perhaps he's lucky he left otherwise he would have been ruined too?  

Try and differentiate Craig Levein and his shambles running and spunking millions on the academy and HMFC.  Thankfully Levein has now been punted.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That leaves him with no argument whatsoever.  Nowhere to hide!

Your last sentence is obviously a rhetorical question.

Show me where I said Hibs brought through Doig as part of their academy?  If not, sit down and shut up Al. 

Edited by Last Laff

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What's Dylan McGowan? Scotch mist?

Who?  Ryans brother, another Vlad success, another player that was brought through in a period you told us the academy was destroyed under Romanov and any year soon players would come through.  

Our best defender came through the Dundee Utd academy,  GMS given his big chance at Airdrie/Dundee and Liam Boyce LOI.  How come we never manage to either bring players through the academy?  

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Celtic made a lot of money when we sold Hickey.  Why?  Because he was a product of their academy.

Doig, if we kept him would have been the only player since admin (2013, 8 years ago) that would have been brought through and possibly sold on.  Perhaps he's lucky he left otherwise he would have been ruined too?  

Try and differentiate Craig Levein and his shambles running and spunking millions on the academy and HMFC.  Thankfully Levein has now been punted.

What does it say about Celtic's academy (and coaches) that they let him go and spent 500k on Greg Taylor as LB backup instead?

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Who?  Ryans brother, another Vlad success, another player that was brought through in a period you told us the academy was destroyed under Romanov and any year soon players would come through.  

Our best defender came through the Dundee Utd academy,  GMS given his big chance at Airdrie/Dundee and Liam Boyce LOI.  How come we never manage to either bring players through the academy?  

He's a product of our youth academy who has won national medals since admin (your criteria for success not mine) in a league that is apparently good enough for Celtic, when it comes to their new manager.

Craig Gordon and Jamie Walker are from our youth academy. Have you heard of them at least? I'm pretty sure Gordon has. a few medals. If you're quoting Hanlon, he came through before we were in admin as did Walker and Gordon.

If your criteria is since admin, that means since 2014/15. So, again, which Hibs players have come through their academy to make them money and win medals since then? Not Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Booth that's for sure - the players you are holding up as Hibs success stories. I make it one - Cummings. But didn't we develop him according to your logic regarding Hickey?

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What does it say about Celtic's academy (and coaches) that they let him go and spent 500k on Greg Taylor as LB backup instead?

I don't care about their academy.  We don't plough millions into it. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's a product of our youth academy who has won national medals since admin (your criteria for success not mine) in a league that is apparently good enough for Celtic, when it comes to their new manager.

Craig Gordon and Jamie Walker are from our youth academy. Have you heard of them at least? I'm pretty sure Gordon has. a few medals. If you're quoting Hanlon, he came through before we were in admin as did Walker and Gordon.

If your criteria is since admin, that means since 2014/15. So, again, which Hibs players have come through their academy to make them money and win medals since then? Not Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Booth that's for sure - the players you are holding up as Hibs success stories. I make it one - Cummings. But didn't we develop him according to your logic regarding Hickey?

Christ almighty.

Goodnight. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Christ almighty.

Goodnight. 

Holding up Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Booth as examples of Hibs youth system being better than ours. Christ Almighty indeed.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

But we're talking about how well the academy is doing.

It's been completely revamped since Paterson came in, so has the scouting.

How far are we going? Rudi was a good signing, does he show how well our recruitment's going?

I don't have a dog in this fight except to say Callum Patterson is a shit barometer for how our scouting/recruitment is going. 

What we - or one poster in particular - is doing is comparing apples to oranges in order to slag off Hearts and praise Hibs. If we're going to compare. What players have come through the youth systems at Aberdeen or Hibs since 2014/15. If we agree our youth system began then under this "regime" then we have to look at players who are very young. I don't see these players coming through at Aberdeen and Hibs in the last 5-6 years. Scott McKenna, David Wotherspoon, Calum Booth and Paul Hanlon have been quoted - all were already in those clubs systems and first team players. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Show me where I said Hibs brought through Doig as part of their academy?  If not, sit down and shut up Al. 

Oh dear!  The innate charm simply oozes out.

I didn't say you said it but it's the same principle.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Christ almighty.

Goodnight. 

Genuinely think thats the best and least ridiculous post you’ve made on this thread. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )