Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Forever Hearts
On 20/06/2021 at 14:58, Smith's right boot said:

Slow, turgid, ponderous-pissed the league. 

Who can you guarantee that will do better than Robbie? 

Pissed the league when up against utter dross with a fraction of our budget. The fact we were also utter shite says it all. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

BackOfTheNet

Well, at the very least I’m glad it’s been done and dusted now

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just googled them as I know diddly squat about them...interesting reading and clearly a shop window if he does well....I wish him the very best....

I'm just glad it's all finally over.

If he goes on to be a success then fair play to him but I've seriously never seen so much fuss over such an average player. 

They play out of Munich's Turkish quarter and will play derbies v. 1860 in the third tier.

1860 have certainly fallen away over the years. When the one club/one city Bundesliga started they were chosen ahead of Bayern.

Good luck to Andy. Could be the making of him. Time will tell. Hopefully a sell on is part of the deal and he gets a move to the top flight.

Sad though that a Hearts supporter, it would appear, can't wait to leave Hearts.

Dennis Reynolds

Good luck to him. Think we signed Peter Haring from a similar level so might not be the worst move tbh. Just looks extremely weird.

HillmanHearts

Disappointing that a compromise couldn't be reached.

There was untapped potential there that we should have strived to develope.

Only my opinion off course.

Pasquale for King
Just now, HillmanHearts said:

Disappointing that a compromise couldn't be reached.

There was untapped potential there that we should have strived to develope.

Only my opinion off course.

Definitely, can see him going on to big things. 

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bizarre move. German third tier will be filled with cloggers just like the championship. 

I understand that maybe we didn’t do enough but the German third tier? Agent filling his head with utter shite 

3 Liga is fairly gentle football - not cloggers, but obvs not the pace, power and skill of Bundesliga. A lot of decent footballing sides and big clubs down there. Plus, he'll get to live and play in Germany - could end up being a cracking move for him! Munich's a great city too

If he prefers to play for a German third division club rather than Hearts, it’s a good move for us. I want players at our club who really want to play for us. Player not got the right mind set for our club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The level of that Langer tube Stendel brought in. 

Just fancies Oktoberfest imho

I'm sure he knows what he's doing.  They will probably have amazing facilities at a level to progress at and will play some games in the Olympiastadion.

Hagar the Horrible

This is another reason Agents are so bad for the game, made him move for the fee, agent gets money, lad rots in some nowhere place, he will be back at raith in 2 years, could have puit himself in the shop window this season as all eyes will be on us

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

If he prefers to play for a German third division club rather than Hearts, it’s a good move for us. I want players at our club who really want to play for us. Player not got the right mind set for our club.

I agree. I get wanting a different experience, but at that level, beggars belief. 

I guarantee Savage and Neilson have higher expectations than half people that slated them for not 

No longer active
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ata-spor-munchen/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/12456

If this is correct, average attendance in season 2018/19 was just over 200. He's effectively joined the German Cowdenbeath.

Interesting. Obviously Covid has hit the lower leagues in Germany hard. This team's last campaign was to win the 5th tier in German football. Perhaps there has been reconstruction as they are now to start a 3rd tier season !!

Weird move at first glance but there's a few big-ish teams kicking about in the 3. Liga and Bundesliga 2, if he has a decent season and catches the eye he could be off to one of them. It's a gamble from him but fair enough, I would have loved to have lived over in Germany at his age. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Absolutely reeks of an agent who burnt his bridges with the club and was left scrambling for a move to a club that could stomach the development fee. Andy seems a good lad though and has a lot of ability so I wish him the best.

PsychocAndy

I wish him well.

Talented enough to progress up the leagues in Germany.

Also talented enough to make a brave move like that.

Türkgücü: the upstarts looking to cement a new legacy in Munich's football scene (thesefootballtimes.co)

Ironically for a club that was founded in 1975 by Turkish immigrants, they are currently without a stadium to call their home, but at the same time are dreaming big. “We were still in the sixth tier in April 2018,” Kothny says from one of the portacabins that currently forms the club’s offices. “Three promotions in three seasons – not even Leipzig or Hoffenheim could manage that, but we did,” he adds proudly.

In a further sign of the club’s humble recent past, they share their municipal training facilities with various amateur clubs and even school PE classes, while occasionally having their training sessions drowned out with noise due to the owner of the clubhouse there renting it out for weddings and stag parties. Their attendance last season averaged a modest 460 spectators, yet they will play some matches this season at Munich’s 70,000-capacity Olympiastadion.

Sounds like he has really hit the big time.

upgotheheads
Just now, Jamboross said:

Weird move at first glance but there's a few big-ish teams kicking about in the 3. Liga and Bundesliga 2, if he has a decent season and catches the eye he could be off to one of them. It's a gamble from him but fair enough, I would have loved to have lived over in Germany at his age. 

This must have been a factor, and I applaud his confidence in himself. I presume the German club offered more than us and the detail in the contract might be interesting. 

Good luck to him. 

Bungalow Bill

I wish him well. I thought he had talent but I can barely remember a game when he didn’t leave us completely exposed by giving the ball away in a critical area. I’m more upset about Cochran leaving. 

Nookie Bear

Ridiculous gamble for him.

Massive downwards step, cannot imagine he will be on much more than he is now (if anything it could be less) and is so far off the radar now that he will be forgotten about until his contract comes up in a couple of years.

Auld Reekin'
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The level of that Langer tube Stendel brought in. 

Just fancies Oktoberfest imho

And a decent kebab.  :icon14:

Mark my words Irving will be back in Scotland and one of the big clubs here will get him for next to nothing.

• davemclaren changed the title to Irving moves to Bundesliga 3 ( updated )
OmiyaHearts

What a strange move., going to a lower table 3 Liga side.

A team that's only ten years old, doesn't have a stadium and the ground they're using doesn't meet Bundesliga 2 regulations.

Weird.

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ridiculous gamble for him.

Massive downwards step, cannot imagine he will be on much more than he is now (if anything it could be less) and is so far off the radar now that he will be forgotten about until his contract comes up in a couple of years.

This. 

Hope the agent is on the ‘do not work with’ list. ****ing German 3rd division 😂😂

See you in 6 months Andy!!! 

Hungry hippo

I think people on here are being a bit overly snobbish about the German third tier compared to when many of our players have recently moved to the English third tier. Washington, Clare and Lee all left us for League 1 in the last year.

I don't dispute that this seems a smaller club but my point is purely referring to comments about the league.

Edited by Hungry hippo

So Make Some Noise..
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Mark my words Irving will be back in Scotland and one of the big clubs here will get him for next to nothing.

100% a Falkirk at best.

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Pissed the league when up against utter dross with a fraction of our budget. The fact we were also utter shite says it all. 

Utter dross, 2nd place won the play off and celtic/hibs (2/3 best team in the country) couldn't beat us over 90.

We done OK for an utter shite, slow, ponderous and turgid team.

Robbie worked wonders if that was all true. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

one of the big clubs? He’s no where near rangers or Celtic, he was already at the third biggest club. 

I get he maybe didn’t want to play for neilson but that’s not likely to be a long term problem. 

1 year extension, deliver what we think he is able to deliver and he’d have been sorted

Ford Prentice

Good luck Andy. One of the few who could pick out a player with a forward pass. Man marked towards the end of last season because of his impact. 

Worst case 2 years in a great City and learns German. Best case picked up by larger German club. 

Brave move - respect.

Andy is a Jambo so I wish him all the best. I don't think he's had the best guidance here and that this move seems a bit of a backwards step. As long as he's happy though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )