Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yet RN does like? :lol: 

Alex Neil or Robbie?  Seriously?  :lol: 

A sacked Preston manager, nah. 

But I'd support him if he came on board, but he's not. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

A sacked Preston manager, nah. 

But I'd support him if he came on board, but he's not. 

Would rather have a sacked MK Dons manager?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Eh what League did we win, oh aye the Championship and how did we do in the 2 Cup competitions, oh aye we were humped by Alloa and the mighty Brora Rangers. I mean these milkmen, postmen, butchers and candlestick makers are fantastic players and it was no shame to lose to that team managed by a real good manager. This coming season we’ll have to watch out for Dundee as they finished second in that difficult Championship last season. You know we’ll be lucky to hold on to Neilson as I’m sure there must be lots of top clubs looking to employ him.

In the 3 Cup competitions

Final 

Last 16

Shocker v Brora. 

He finished as high as he could in the league. 

Also, in his previous spell

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd / 3rd.

In my lifetime as a Hearts supporter, none of our managers have had lots of top clubs after them, I don't expect that to change. 

I don't understand why that is importance to you Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Would rather have a sacked MK Dons manager?

Potatoe/ potato to me tbh, but I don't have a choice. 

Back to the original point, I would say neither are guaranteed to be great. 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

If you havent seen worse performances between 73 and this season you def havent been watching.

Undefeated 🙈 Jesus ****

Anyway all the usual sad shite aside. How has an Irving thread become a Neilson is shit , Hearts are shit , Derek McInnes is a better manager thread.

Anyone got any update on the sctual topic of the thread , Irving and what hes doing? I read hes at preseason training with us. Does he have a squad number as they’ll have been handed out too

Its the usual suspects trying to find any opportunity to change every thread into a Neilson Out thread and regurgitate the same arguments that are history now.

Its tiresome listening to their negative monotonous drone as they go round in circles.

giphy.gif

Edited by frankblack

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Not my job to source managers/head coaches. It's a task for the decision maker(s) at Hearts and they’ve been failing us for years now. 

The best we could get was not just along the corridor in 2017 or at Tannadice last year.

They never failed us last season. 

Job was done last season, promotion was achieved. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Potatoe/ potato to me tbh, but I don't have a choice. 

Back to the original point, I would say neither are guaranteed to be great. 

One left a championship side.  The other was sacked with the team bottom of League 1, to be relegated.  

Bit of a difference there.  Neil also got Norwich promoted.

Paul Lambert a better option than Neilson also.  None of them are yes men though.  

Neilson feels he's won a watch as head coach here again.  The others will all have more ambition to be nice to AB. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its the usual suspects trying to find any opportunity to change every thread into a Neilson Out thread and regurgitate the same arguments that are history now.

Its tiresome listening to their negative monotonous drone as they go round in circles.

giphy.gif

Deflecting as per. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

They never failed us last season. 

Job was done last season, promotion was achieved. 

Forget the humiliation in both cups then? Woo hoo we got promoted. 

Just now, frankblack said:

This is an Irving thread.  Stay on topic.

What did you post have to do with Irving? 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

What did you post have to do with Irving? 

I'm just trying to get this thread back on topic and to stop you embarassing yourself like you did on that James Anderson thread the other day. 👍

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, lou said:

I can confirm he is definitely not Hibs 

Apart from Scottish Cup finals .

I'm just trying to get this thread back on topic and to stop you embarassing yourself like you did on that James Anderson thread the other day. 👍

Still nothing on Irving then?  Have you even made any opinion on his matter? or just trying to deflect Neilson being a boring, shite head coach?  

Just now, Last Laff said:

Still nothing on Irving then?  Have you even made any opinion on his matter? or just trying to deflect Neilson being a boring, shite head coach?  

Yes, I think you will find a number of posts on this thread if you want to check. 👍

I made it clear I thought he was off some time ago when his contract talks stalled.

Yes, I think you will find a number of posts on this thread if you want to check. 👍

I made it clear I thought he was off some time ago when his contract talks stalled.

Sound!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

He has managed for less than a year and a half in the top league. Five years ago now and barely relevant in terms of today’s team and today’s league. Whilst overall he was a success, there were some pretty scary one off results in big games and plenty of insipid performances.

Its surely not a stretch to think we could get a better manager. I can’t think of one that comes with guarantees but then neither does the one we decided to keep faith with, much against the vast majority of fans wishes I might add.

The fact is we have a manager who had us going forward and performing well in the league the last time has achieved promotion easily again. 

He's had a shocker in the sc, but was also a penalty or two away from winning us the sc cup. 

He's going to take us forward into next season. 

Folk can either get behind him and support him, some will be going into that positively others a bit more reserved and will hope to be proven wrong. All fair. 

Then there are those who will take every opportunity to have a pop and are  actively hoping he fails. 

The second group are noisy, vocal and irritating but thankfully small. 

They will go on about everything just ri stir up hate and bile and champion other managers constantly ( changing to whoever is the flavour of the month) , it's a complete waste of time. 

They'll slag our signings and look constantly for faults. On match day threads they'll be rabid if playing poorly and disappear when we play well. 

In all honesty, Hopefully this lot do as they say and stay clear of  Tynecastle. Many  add nothing or help support Hearts in any way. They want us to fail so they are right. It's beyond tragic. 

Sound!

So, what exactly has your effort to make a positive contribution to the thread? 🤔

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

One left a championship side.  The other was sacked with the team bottom of League 1, to be relegated.  

Bit of a difference there.  Neil also got Norwich promoted.

Paul Lambert a better option than Neilson also.  None of them are yes men though.  

Neilson feels he's won a watch as head coach here again.  The others will all have more ambition to be nice to AB. 

Neilson got us promoted twice, finished 3rd and left us in 2nd. 

As I said, potatoe/ potato- neither guarantees success. 

You're basically playing manager bingo. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fact is we have a manager who had us going forward and performing well in the league the last time has achieved promotion easily again. 

He's had a shocker in the sc, but was also a penalty or two away from winning us the sc cup. 

Folk can either get behind him and support him, some will be going into that positively others a bit more reserved and will hope to be proven wrong. All fair. 

Then there are those who will take every opportunity to have a pop and are  actively hoping he fails. 

They will go on about everything just ri stir up hate and bile and champion other managers constantly ( changing to whoever is the flavour of the month) , it's a complete waste of time. 

They'll slag our signings and look constantly for faults. On match day threads they'll be rabid if playing poorly and disappear when we play well. 

In all honesty, Hopefully this lot do as they say and stay clear of  Tynecastle. Many  add nothing or help support Hearts in any way. They want us to fail so they are right. It's beyond tragic. 

Did you cut and paste that from your Levein backing when he was costing us a fortune and leading us nowhere (except down the garden path)  a failed former manager that done no bad before then walked out, failed everywhere else apart from strangely enough, Dundee Utd and everyone could see it was time for him to be punted for the good of the club going forward.  Just la la la forget all the shite we have to watch and hope to prove people wrong when looking at it logically Neilson is a shan head coach that's below the level we should have. 

Bazzas right boot

Did you cut and paste that from your Levein backing when he was costing us a fortune and leading us nowhere (except down the garden path)  a failed former manager that done no bad before then walked out, failed everywhere else apart from strangely enough, Dundee Utd and everyone could see it was time for him to be punted for the good of the club going forward.  Just la la la forget all the shite we have to watch and hope to prove people wrong when looking at it logically Neilson is a shan head coach that's below the level we should have. 

Did you cut and copy your CL arguments? 

Jeffros Furios
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:gok:

So, what exactly has your effort to make a positive contribution to the thread? 🤔

I've said lots on this thread regarding Irving.  He's stalled on development the past year but I would blame the people coaching and managing on that more than anything.  Very little players ever improve when joining us these days and especially under Neilson.  

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In the 3 Cup competitions

Final 

Last 16

Shocker v Brora. 

He finished as high as he could in the league. 

Also, in his previous spell

1st

3rd

Left in 2nd / 3rd.

In my lifetime as a Hearts supporter, none of our managers have had lots of top clubs after them, I don't expect that to change. 

I don't understand why that is importance to you Tbh. 

What has he done to become manager of Hearts ? Nothing ! The first club that came along when he was here the first time he bailed to the mighty MK Dons, well he really showed them didn’t he. Let’s face it Neilson wouldn’t have a job as a manager of a big club like Hearts if it wasn’t for Ann Budge and she knows a lot about football managers doesn’t she.  🥴

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Forget the humiliation in both cups then? Woo hoo we got promoted. 

Not forgotten. 

You forget the other sc final? 

Promotion was important. 

Did you cut and copy your CL arguments? 

It's like for like under his golden boy.  Most can see it, you can't.  When he's sacked you will say you wanted him gone after the Cup humiliation mind you. 

Crediting Neilson for making the Scottish Cup final and being emptied after extra time to the worst team in the Championship :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not forgotten. 

You forget the other sc final? 

Promotion was important. 

The final that was largely down to Stendel then Hibs bottling it?

Okay, I'm generous, thanks Rob for winning against the wee team.  

Edited by Last Laff

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

What has he done to become manager of Hearts ? Nothing ! The first club that came along when he was here the first time he bailed to the mighty MK Dons, well he really showed them didn’t he. Let’s face it Neilson wouldn’t have a job as a manager of a big club like Hearts if it wasn’t for Ann Budge and she knows a lot about football managers doesn’t she.  🥴

He was the last manager to have us 3rd in the League. 

He got us promoted last time and got Utd promoted after they struggled. 

Budge hired a manager who was a cup winner with us, ten year a player with us, had us performing well in his previous time as manager and a manager who had a good record of getting teams promoted. 

Aye, no logic in appointing him as  manager of Hearts who were in the championship. 

😳

I've said lots on this thread regarding Irving.  He's stalled on development the past year but I would blame the people coaching and managing on that more than anything.  Very little players ever improve when joining us these days and especially under Neilson.  

So Neilson is going to magically make the existing youth players into world beaters within his first season?

Neilson doesn't do the coaching (and neither do most managers coach FWIW).  Your argument dates back further to previous managers and their staff.

Our priority was to gain promotion and that means put out the best available players.  However, I'm not going over those arguments again as they were done and dusted in the Neilson Out thread.

Bazzas right boot

The final that was largely down to Stendel then Hibs bottling it?

Okay, I'm generous, thanks Rob for winning against the wee team.  

I hope Robbie does well as it means Hearts will be doing well. 

A side bonus will be certain folk spewing as we do it, not all   opposition fans either. 

Stendel certainly played his part in getting to the final, unfortunately he played his part in our demotion as well. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was the last manager to have us 3rd in the League. 

He got us promoted last time and got Utd promoted after they struggled. 

Budge hired a manager who was a cup winner with us, ten year a player with us, had us performing well in his previous time as manager and a manager who had a good record of getting teams promoted. 

Aye, no logic in appointing him as  manager of Hearts who were in the championship. 

😳

Levein had us top come November in 2018? 

Jean Louis Valois
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Robbie must stay. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Levein had us top come November in 2018? 

He did. 

God times. 

Shame it went tits up. 

He did. 

God times. 

Shame it went tits up. 

Steady on.   I wouldn't quite put Levein up as God status. :lol:

So Neilson is going to magically make the existing youth players into world beaters within his first season?

Neilson doesn't do the coaching (and neither do most managers coach FWIW).  Your argument dates back further to previous managers and their staff.

Our priority was to gain promotion and that means put out the best available players.  However, I'm not going over those arguments again as they were done and dusted in the Neilson Out thread.

Yes, I would expect the head coach to improve young players coming into the team.  Irving wasn't a youth player either.

I would say it was minimum requirement more than priority, challenging in cups and bringing in young players in a tin pot league should have been given higher priority also. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Steady on.   I wouldn't quite put Levein up as God status. :lol:

😳

Good. 

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, I would expect the head coach to improve young players coming into the team.  Irving wasn't a youth player either.

I would say it was minimum requirement more than priority, challenging in cups and bringing in young players in a tin pot league should have been given higher priority also. 

You seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land, with expectations that have no basis in reality.

You seem to be living in cloud cuckoo land, with expectations that have no basis in reality.

If you're happy enough with the bear minimum under a boring uninspiring manager and being emptied out cups from Fishermen then fair enough.

If you're happy enough with the bear minimum under a boring uninspiring manager and being emptied out cups from Fishermen then fair enough.

it seems to me that quite a few are sadly 

4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

It’s like they relish us struggling over the last few years. It’s utterly bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

No, the argument is actually that most of us have accepted we are not changing manager, and are looking forward to getting back in to see some football again and get behind the team.

It is clear that the hard of thinking are clearly in denial as they still seem to think we are about to sack the manager before a ball is kicked. :rofl:

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Oh look, another thread turns into a slanging march against the club and manager.

Cannae help it if folk think the manager should have been sacked after our clubs worst ever defeat.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I hope Robbie does well as it means Hearts will be doing well. 

A side bonus will be certain folk spewing as we do it, not all   opposition fans either. 

Stendel certainly played his part in getting to the final, unfortunately he played his part in our demotion as well. 

Imo that is the intelligent view.  If Neilson does well so do we.  I am no admirer of our government but I very much want them to do well on the same principle.  I don't think Neilson should still be on his job but he is so I have my fingers crossed for him to succeed.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )