Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Japan Jambo
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe but how do you know how good or otherwise the coaching is at a new club, especially one at a lower level which is very likely? 

Perhaps one might look at that clubs record of improving the value of players and how youngsters have been progressed into the first team.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

wattie exploited

if he was going to sign he would have done so by now so good luck to him as I don't think he will get a bigger club than hearts :rifle:

David Black

Presumably he has left as his contract was up and the 14 day period has passed. I would have thought there would have been some info from the club on this.

On 16/06/2021 at 12:37, mitch41 said:

Connor Sammon, Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado, Hassnaoui, Pollardo, Faycal Rherras, Juwon Oshaniwa, Blazej Augustan and where are these fantastic signings now. I remember Neilson being given the green light to sign players for our return to the Premiership and as soon as I heard the name Connor Sammon I knew Neilson was not the right man for Hearts and I was proved right. Ann , Levein & Neilson had a 5 year plan. Well the building blocks of the off-pitch facilities and organisation is in place. The only problem is what has happened to Cochran’s, Irving, Moore, etc because these lads were a breath of fresh air when they burst onto the scene and yet, I believe, the management & staff who work with the likes of Irving are incompetent in helping these lads fulfill their true potential. 
Let’s all agree that this farce of a 5 year plan has badly let down the young players like Irving, the the existing players, the support and the standing of our club. I wish Irving all the best in what ever he does in the future.

To be fair to them they never said how long it would take to actually deliver that 5 year plan or when they would start it :)

Edited by Armageddon

32 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

To be fair to them they never said how long it would take to actually deliver that 5 year plan or when they would start it :)

A 5 year plan is ok for building a stand, organising a revamp of the off-field business but 5 years is far too long to get a team that is capable of challenging for honours. The team has been in the hands of incompetent people who have no right to manage or coach a Hearts football team.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, mhall37 said:

Irving is going to Germany.

Maybe he'll be Paul Lambert mark II? Left Motherwell without a club and had trials in Germany and the rest is history. He was a player of the year candidate the previous season though with over 300 first team games under his belt.

13 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Holt was sold for £50k or £75k because Hearts agreed to waive the development fee and made an agreement.

We could do the same for Cochrane and Irving and add sell on clauses for a lesser fee now.

Sell on value would be unlikely. 

13 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Perhaps one might look at that clubs record of improving the value of players and how youngsters have been progressed into the first team.

Must be the worst. 

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Bayern NAP 😀😀

But which one? The women’s team or the basketball team.

3 hours ago, mhall37 said:

On holiday?

Let's hope he can make his marque

Edited by Armageddon

4 hours ago, mhall37 said:

Is that on top of yesterdays Andy is going to Germany?

Has someone deleted all the shite between yesterday and today its almost the same posters posting good luck after the same poster saying hes going to Germany. Only diff is yesterday it was Andy today its Irving 🤣

If he’s actually not resigning here and he is off abroad then that’s that. Time for the thread to fade into abeyance- possibly just like Andy.

john thomas
15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

If he’s actually not resigning here and he is off abroad then that’s that. Time for the thread to fade into abeyance- possibly just like Andy.

?

Rogue Daddy

He's still on the Hearts website as part of the first team squad - Naismith omitted, and Ginnelly now there, so it has been updated in the last 24 hrs.🤷‍♂️

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He's still on the Hearts website as part of the first team squad - Naismith omitted, and Ginnelly now there, so it has been updated in the last 24 hrs.🤷‍♂️

Ginnelly was on the squad list on the website earlier in the week.

Rogue Daddy
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ginnelly was on the squad list on the website earlier in the week.

Ahh, wasn't aware of that... how about Naisy?

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Ahh, wasn't aware of that... how about Naisy?

He was on there, so was Irving.

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He was on there, so was Irving.

👍... so it has been updated in the last day or so? Phew. Saved a bit of face at least!

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍... so it has been updated in the last day or so? Phew. Saved a bit of face at least!

Yup, Naismith is the only update. But good to see them move at a quicker pace then they used to.

Irving has potential but also lots to learn. Very one footed and not the most combatative player. If he thinks he can progress better elsewhere good luck to him. He definitely has potential but not sure he is quite as good as some people hype him up to be. We may have lost a gem or see another Adam King on our hands. His perogative to move. Not irreplaceable 

Phil D. Corners
On 17/06/2021 at 14:06, wattie exploited said:

if he was going to sign he would have done so by now so good luck to him as I don't think he will get a bigger club than hearts :rifle:

Maybe not a bigger club, but the experience of living abroad and playing first team football would be better then the Hearts bench. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Phil D. Corners said:

Maybe not a bigger club, but the experience of living abroad and playing first team football would be better then the Hearts bench. 

Until the first team football bit stops 

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This thread keeps popping up. Can it just be announced he’s gone somewhere so it’s over with now?

this thread keeps popping up   ? 

don't read it then :rifle:  

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

this thread keeps popping up   ? 

don't read it then :rifle:  

Not got a problem with threads discussing current players. I’ve got a problem with a player evidently not wanting to be at the club being out of contract but hanging on like a dangleberry that just can’t be wiped. As soon as he leaves the thread is no longer needed. Don’t see why the announcement of his departure has been delayed.

:sterb032:

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not got a problem with threads discussing current players. I’ve got a problem with a player evidently not wanting to be at the club being out of contract but hanging on like a dangleberry that just can’t be wiped. As soon as he leaves the thread is no longer needed. Don’t see why the announcement of his departure has been delayed.

:sterb032:

Maybe just more a young player waiting to see if an attratcive offer comes his way.

I have no problem with that, I think he will be here next season and think he knows that he is at the biggest club he could be at.

He maybe worried of his career stagnating and dropping may be better.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Maybe just more a young player waiting to see if an attratcive offer comes his way.

I have no problem with that, I think he will be here next season and think he knows that he is at the biggest club he could be at.

He maybe worried of his career stagnating and dropping may be better.

Is he looking for a better club or a better deal?  I doubt he will get the latter.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This thread keeps popping up. Can it just be announced he’s gone somewhere so it’s over with now?

It keeps popping up because so many care about the young man. Simple eh !

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It keeps popping up because so many care about the young man. Simple eh !

The point is if he’s off then let’s just announce it and get it over with. (Which the earlier players released statement indicated he hadn’t accepted the offer) Or if he’s staying, announce that too. His contract has expired so let’s move on either way. Did notice he was in the social media video today showing he was in training, which would be odd if turned down a contract and is leaving.

5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The point is if he’s off then let’s just announce it and get it over with. (Which the earlier players released statement indicated he hadn’t accepted the offer) Or if he’s staying, announce that too. His contract has expired so let’s move on either way. Did notice he was in the social media video today showing he was in training, which would be odd if turned down a contract and is leaving.

I’d just like Hearts to give the lad a decent wage offer over 2 years because the talent, fitness, aggression, is there and just needs to be nurtured with Haring and Irving competing for the same position that’s what we want, isn’t it ?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
34 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d just like Hearts to give the lad a decent wage offer over 2 years because the talent, fitness, aggression, is there and just needs to be nurtured with Haring and Irving competing for the same position that’s what we want, isn’t it ?

exactly

45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Understand and agree!

But what is a decent wage within Hearts budget / pay scale??

59 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

How do you know they haven't ?

I'd love to know what he wants vs what we've offered. 

Can be fairly confident it won't be as much as Martin, Osh or Damour. 

I'd be tempted to say, give the boy as close to what he wants as we can manage on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd. If he doesn't live up to the hype, then we're done and dusted in 2 years. If he does, trigger the extension and sell him. 

I do wonder if he's pricing himself out because he doesn't rate Neilson as a coach though..

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Understand and agree!

But what is a decent wage within Hearts budget / pay scale??

The pay scale is too much for some and too little for others. 

27 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd love to know what he wants vs what we've offered. 

Can be fairly confident it won't be as much as Martin, Osh or Damour. 

I'd be tempted to say, give the boy as close to what he wants as we can manage on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd. If he doesn't live up to the hype, then we're done and dusted in 2 years. If he does, trigger the extension and sell him. 

I do wonder if he's pricing himself out because he doesn't rate Neilson as a coach though..

So , like the rest of us , you don't know .

Yet we have Mitch saying he should be offered a decent wage without having a Scooby what he has been offered .

Harry Potter
12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

So , like the rest of us , you don't know .

Yet we have Mitch saying he should be offered a decent wage without having a Scooby what he has been offered .

we are all in the dark over this.

Contract has expired now. Maybe we are negotiating the development fee otherwise why have we not announced he has left

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )