Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Now let’s look at the evidence regarding Neilson’s record as a coach & manager..

In Neilson’s 2 periods at Hearts has he helped any youngster become a better player. 
Has Neilson been unsuccessful  in promoting a youth & experienced Hearts team.

Why has too many of the young players game deteriorated when played in the fist team under Neilson.

You get the the idea and if I were Irving I’d of been hoping after Stendel Hearts would of hired a quality manager rather one of Ann Budge’s adopted son’s.

Yes watching Irving sitting on the bench when he’s looking at the likes of Halliday getting picked before him must really sicken the lad.

Did Calum Paterson no play under him for two and half seasons under Robbie then get a move to Cardiff ? He also played under Locke too the season before. The majority of Hearts games Calum played did he no play them under Robbie ? 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

How do I join this group? Do I pay a fee? Get a badge?

Whoever is the Chair, please DM me, I'm in 100%.

I think the membership is free providing you are hard of thinking. 👌

On 15/06/2021 at 10:31, mellors1874 said:

The boys shite here and he thinks he can play in Germany.

Be back in 18 months playing for a championship side

Hes not shite though is he. He has a massive upside if he can sort his basics out on his wrong foot. He may well suit German football where he has time on the ball. 

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That was second in the league. :rofl:

We started well then the legs fell off and then the when everyone knew he was leaving the place lifted and we beat Rangers. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

That depends who he signs for I imagine. 

Na its only Hearts who are shite , should go to Hibs would keep the wankers on here happy as their coaches are better than ours 🙈🤣

4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He will get better coaching elsewhere

😴😴😴

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We started well then the legs fell off and then the when everyone knew he was leaving the place lifted and we beat Rangers. 

Hahah yeah our form sure skyrocketed after he left 😂 🚀 💥 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I find it hilarious you actually believe what you just wrote.:rofl:

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't worry, check out the transfer thread.

200 pages and it appears nobody wants to be here 👍

🤣

Halliday a grafter you really are on planet Z.  🚀  🪐. 👩‍🚀

He is a grafter does all the dirty work Mitch 👍🏻 The comments about Connor Salmon are stupid Mitch , Aberdeen wanted him , CL said he didnt think we should go for him but RN wanted him. Aberdeen were proper ****ed off at losing out. Its not like we just went oh theres CS lets get him and every other team laughed.

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

50 pages of utter garbage 

🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣

He is a grafter does all the dirty work Mitch 👍🏻 The comments about Connor Salmon are stupid Mitch , Aberdeen wanted him , CL said he didnt think we should go for him but RN wanted him. Aberdeen were proper ****ed off at losing out. Its not like we just went oh theres CS lets get him and every other team laughed.

🤣🤣

So your happy we signed Sammon because Aberdeen supposedly wanted him. Yes every supporter in the land was cheering that their club wasn’t stupid enough to sign Sammon.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Connor Sammon, Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado, Hassnaoui, Pollardo, Faycal Rherras, Juwon Oshaniwa, Blazej Augustan and where are these fantastic signings now. I remember Neilson being given the green light to sign players for our return to the Premiership and as soon as I heard the name Connor Sammon I knew Neilson was not the right man for Hearts and I was proved right. Ann , Levein & Neilson had a 5 year plan. Well the building blocks of the off-pitch facilities and organisation is in place. The only problem is what has happened to Cochran’s, Irving, Moore, etc because these lads were a breath of fresh air when they burst onto the scene and yet, I believe, the management & staff who work with the likes of Irving are incompetent in helping these lads fulfill their true potential. 
Let’s all agree that this farce of a 5 year plan has badly let down the young players like Irving, the the existing players, the support and the standing of our club. I wish Irving all the best in what ever he does in the future.

Sorry Mitch I have to call this out as utter bull. You’re saying that as soon as Connor Sammon name was mentioned as a transfer target you knew that Nielsen, the man who had just coached our team to romp the championship, was not the right man for the job? The mere mention of Sammons name gave you supernatural insight into the future? Don’t talk a lot of pish, this is yet another poster derailing yet another thread into Neilson bashing. You along with every other hearts fan was celebrating an incredibly successful year.

Edited by Absolute Scenes

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So your happy we signed Sammon because Aberdeen supposedly wanted him. Yes every supporter in the land was cheering that their club wasn’t stupid enough to sign Sammon.

No Mitch I didnt say that. I didnt want Sammon but to say hes some huddy that we wanted and no one else did is bollox. Few teams were in for him but Aberdeen were desperate to get him but we outbid them. The other players you mentioned Rherras for instance was being bigged up on here when he was with us for being a solid LB and stopping goals , gial line clearances etc , juanma was a good signing didnt work out , weve had a few. There are things to be dickish about but at least have a decent argument to back up that position

@mitch41

Connor Sammon, Gavin Reilly, Juanma Delgado, Hassnaoui, Pollardo, Faycal Rherras, Juwon Oshaniwa, Blazej Augustan

Oshaniwa and Sammon the only two worth criticising out of those while with us , none are bad signings on paper

The bollox about Moore , Cochrane and Irving too 😑

Topped off with the pathetic 5 year plan comment

You are way better than that Mitch 

Edited by sadj

Forever Hearts
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

No Mitch I didnt say that. I didnt want Sammon but to say hes some huddy that we wanted and no one else did is bollox. Few teams were in for him but Aberdeen were desperate to get him but we outbid them. The other players you mentioned Rherras for instance was being bigged up on here when he was with us for being a solid LB and stopping goals , gial line clearances etc , juanma was a good signing didnt work out , weve had a few. There are things to be dickish about but at least have a decent argument to back up that position

Outbidding anybody for Connor bloody Sammon is humiliation personified. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Outbidding anybody for Connor bloody Sammon is humiliation personified. 

Completely not the point but on ya go 👍🏻

56 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hes not shite though is he. He has a massive upside if he can sort his basics out on his wrong foot. He may well suit German football where he has time on the ball. 

I agree.  For his own sake, Andy is best away, despite the fact that he loves Hearts.  

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Completely not the point but on ya go 👍🏻

You have a habit of saying that to posters. Sammon was utter shite, and it's embarrassing for ourselves and Aberdeen that we were interested in the useless carthorse. More so us who actually got him and gave him £3k a week for three years. 

Let me guess, I've missed the point again? 🙄

Savage Vince
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

50 pager about a bang average player who doesn't want to be here. 

What a time to be alive. 

Yup. A bang average Championship youngster. ****ing laughable.  

In the middle of the season we had injuries, suspensions and some of the lads had to play when they lost form because we never had enough players. You really just don’t want to understand regarding the fantastic job the players and Lockie did in those difficult times that no manager in Hearts histiory has ever had to go through.

I agree, he did such a great job and it really launched him on a world class coaching career. Oh wait a minute - what happened at Killie, Raith and then the career pinnacle, the Blue Brazil? 
Really nice guy but not a top coach. Still got time but not a good cv to date 

Berra than you
Just now, soonbe110 said:

I agree, he did such a great job and it really launched him on a world class coaching career. Oh wait a minute - what happened at Killie, Raith and then the career pinnacle, the Blue Brazil? 

Admitted as much himself.

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You have a habit of saying that to posters. Sammon was utter shite, and it's embarrassing for ourselves and Aberdeen that we were interested in the useless carthorse. More so us who actually got him and gave him £3k a week for three years. 

Let me guess, I've missed the point again? 🙄

Mate unless the point is playing the flute , singing the sash or defending Rangers and Glasgow you rarely make a point nevermind get one. 

The point wasnt wether he was a good signing or not. It was about the fact Mitch said he knew Neilson was a huddy because we tried to sign him. A player others were majorly interested in too. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

so Neilson is a huddy as he wanted Sammon , Locke is the saviour of all youths and what else have i missed to slaughter our manager with

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Mate unless the point is playing the flute , singing the sash or defending Rangers and Glasgow you rarely make a point nevermind get one. 

The point wasnt wether he was a good signing or not. It was about the fact Mitch said he knew Neilson was a huddy because we tried to sign him. A player others were majorly interested in too. 

Others? One bloody club.😂

And can you point me to any posts I've made about playing the flute, defending Rangers or defending Glasgow? 

I'll leave it with you.👍

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And can you point me to any posts I've made about playing the flute, defending Rangers or defending Glasgow? 

I'll leave it with you.👍

Did i say Aberdeen were the only club who wanted him? Did I say posts , tho Im sure there would be plenty.

No and No. So as you read what you want to and utilise your friendship with an admin , do me a favour and annoy someone else. I can’t be ****ing hooped with your utter shite at the moment. Iv far more important stuff going on than some nobody whos brain capacity to try and debate would rival an amoeba on most subjects. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Did i say Aberdeen were the only club who wanted him? Did I say posts , tho Im sure there would be plenty.

No and No. So as you read what you want to and utilise your friendship with an admin , do me a favour and annoy someone else. I can’t be ****ing hooped with your utter shite at the moment. Iv far more important stuff going on than some nobody whos brain capacity to try and debate would rival an amoeba on most subjects. 

So yet again, you were talking utter garbage. I'll say one thing for you, you're consistent. 

mellors1874
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Nah he is shite hence the reason hearts aren't pushing the boat out to sign him.

All this Porto pirlo pish is laughable 

Just now, mellors1874 said:

Nah he is shite hence the reason hearts aren't pushing the boat out to sign him.

All this Porto pirlo pish is laughable 

Opinions mate , Pretty sure Andy hates the Porto Pirlo stuff though so using that to pop at him is not fair

mellors1874
Just now, sadj said:

Opinions mate , Pretty sure Andy hates the Porto Pirlo stuff though so using that to pop at him is not fair

I think his agent has filled his head with it and he's thinks he's bigger than us mate.

That's why he's not signing 

Just now, mellors1874 said:

I think his agent has filled his head with it and he's thinks he's bigger than us mate.

Thats entirely possible. I just dont agree with he is shite. As youll see if you see my comments on him im not the biggest fan. I do think he has a big potential upside though

A_A wehatethehibs

Is there any word on what club he’s signing for so we can get the “he’s signed for club x” “all the best Andy” “good luck pirlo” “best of luck to him” pish out the way? 

20 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Is it?

How do you know that?

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'll leave it with you.👍

3bd0bd06f5018049b66de5a23b2e0f89.gif

mellors1874
13 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Is it?

How do you know that?

I said I think that's what's happened I didn't say I knew 

1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

I said I think that's what's happened I didn't say I knew 

OK.

He's a lifelong Hearts supporter who has only wanted to play for Hearts and he's been in the Hearts organisation for 13 years.

I've never met him and I don't know him, but people tell me he's a very quiet, unassuming young lad. I would be extremely surprised, stunned in fact, if he thought he was bigger than Hearts.

mellors1874
6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

OK.

He's a lifelong Hearts supporter who has only wanted to play for Hearts and he's been in the Hearts organisation for 13 years.

I've never met him and I don't know him, but people tell me he's a very quiet, unassuming young lad. I would be extremely surprised, stunned in fact, if he thought he was bigger than Hearts.

Then ask yourself why he hasnt signed a new contract.

If hes so commited to hearts he would have signed already 

10 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Then ask yourself why he hasnt signed a new contract.

If hes so commited to hearts he would have signed already 

In my opinion ...

He doesn't fit into Neilson's plans.  He's been offered a low contract, but even if he signs that contract he won't play much next year.  At the age of 21 he has to think about his future so, as much as he wants to play for Hearts, he needs to go somewhere where he'll get game time and where he can improve his skills.

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

OK.

I think “bigger than the club” isn’t the thing, but he thinks he’s bigger than the contract he’s been offered.

It seemed to me that the main stumbling block was, it was too long a  deal for him. So he would’ve took a 1 year deal on that wage but not 3. But a 1 year deal would be counter to the clubs interest because we are only guaranteed the development fee if he leaves now. If he left in a year on a free, we would get nothing. I think turning 21 is the point where the dev fee thing expires. 

So from the clubs point of view it makes sense, that they would not consider offering him a 1 or 2 year deal because if he came good, by the time he rose to the levels of bigger clubs being interested, he would leave on a bosman, so we wanted at least 3 to have any chance of selling him for a decent amount more than 300k. 

So from the clubs point of view it was either, leave now and we get £300k through UEFA training compensation or sign for 3 years. No middle ground. 

That’s my reading of the whole thing. Who knows maybe we’ll hear the story at some point. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think “bigger than the club” isn’t the thing, but he thinks he’s bigger than the contract he’s been offered.

It seemed to me that the main stumbling block was, it was too long a  deal for him. So he would’ve took a 1 year deal on that wage but not 3. But a 1 year deal would be counter to the clubs interest because we are only guaranteed the development fee if he leaves now. If he left in a year on a free, we would get nothing. I think turning 21 is the point where the dev fee thing expires. 

So from the clubs point of view it makes sense, that they would not consider offering him a 1 or 2 year deal because if he came good, by the time he rose to the levels of bigger clubs being interested, he would leave on a bosman, so we wanted at least 3 to have any chance of selling him for a decent amount more than 300k. 

So from the clubs point of view it was either, leave now and we get £300k through UEFA training compensation or sign for 3 years. No middle ground. 

That’s my reading of the whole thing. Who knows maybe we’ll hear the story at some point. 

I think you're right.  The development fee has been a huge factor in all of this.

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think you're right.  The development fee has been a huge factor in all of this.

Yep, if we actually got that £300k I would 100% be saying it was pretty good business by the club. That type of cash could go a long way for us, and get us someone a lot better than Andy Irving when you think we got Boyce and Souttar both for £150k. That’s our 2 best players. I think £300k is insane money for Andy Irving, I’m still total skeptic of the whole process. I find it hard to believe we will actually get that amount for him but it seems to be the clubs firm position that we’re due it. We’ll see 

Phil D. Corners
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yep, if we actually got that £300k I would 100% be saying it was pretty good business by the club. That type of cash could go a long way for us, and get us someone a lot better than Andy Irving when you think we got Boyce and Souttar both for £150k. That’s our 2 best players. I think £300k is insane money for Andy Irving, I’m still total skeptic of the whole process. I find it hard to believe we will actually get that amount for him but it seems to be the clubs firm position that we’re due it. We’ll see 

I assume that’s what Hearts are holding out for. Other clubs holding out to pay less. 

I expect Irving and his advisers believe he is worth more than Hearts are prepared to pay.  Similar with Hickey I would imagine.

They may both be right.

6 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry Mitch I have to call this out as utter bull. You’re saying that as soon as Connor Sammon name was mentioned as a transfer target you knew that Nielsen, the man who had just coached our team to romp the championship, was not the right man for the job? The mere mention of Sammons name gave you supernatural insight into the future? Don’t talk a lot of pish, this is yet another poster derailing yet another thread into Neilson bashing. You along with every other hearts fan was celebrating an incredibly successful year.

Oh I agree that season in the Championship was great but it just shows you things can go downhill quick when you come up against better teams. Youngsters fell by the wayside and the only good success since was Hickey. Now Irving who came into the team and made his position is own then suddenly when his contract talks dragged on his form slides and he gets to start less games. I really feel sorry for the lad especially when players who come nowhere near his talent are on thousands of pounds a week. 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

Just leave the flute, sash, Rangers crap out I’m only interested in football.

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Just leave the flute, sash, Rangers crap out I’m only interested in football.

That bits nothing to do with you. Just our resident Rangers fan.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

That bits nothing to do with you. Just our resident Rangers fan.

Apologies 

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think a dev fee is due until the end of the season in which a players 23rd birthday falls so couple of years left for Irving at least. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

If we set aside the maroon tinted specs and our desire for an outcome that suits Hearts best perhaps the player simply believes he'll get better coaching elsewhere that'll improve him more.

Maybe but how do you know how good or otherwise the coaching is at a new club, especially one at a lower level which is very likely? 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Definitely. Would any of us pay 300k to sign Irving? Doubt it but that's what someone else will have to pay. We paid 170k for John Souttar who was far more proven than Irving. Hibs paid 250k or so for John McGinn - ditto.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Think a dev fee is due until the end of the season in which a players 23rd birthday falls so couple of years left for Irving at least. 

Does the figure not start to drop or something tho? iirc it was only 50k for Holt who was 22. Maybe it's because Irving played a higher % of games last season or some other stats like his assists

Mr Brightside
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Does the figure not start to drop or something tho? iirc it was only 50k for Holt who was 22. Maybe it's because Irving played a higher % of games last season or some other stats like his assists

Holt was sold for £50k or £75k because Hearts agreed to waive the development fee and made an agreement.

We could do the same for Cochrane and Irving and add sell on clauses for a lesser fee now.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )