*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Exactly. Have a confident swagger, a look that says,' I've got your number sunshine'.

When I played/coached at very low levels, if my team suffered a bit of a strong tackle in the first minute, you could see us all think, 'ahh, it's going to be one of those games today. Fair enough, sleeves rolled up....SMASH!'

I'm sure Robbie knows we can't try to play silky, possession based football in every game FFS!

12 poonds for the game the morra.😦

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Exactly. Have a confident swagger, a look that says,' I've got your number sunshine'.

When I played/coached at very low levels, if my team suffered a bit of a strong tackle in the first minute, you could see us all think, 'ahh, it's going to be one of those games today. Fair enough, sleeves rolled up....SMASH!'

I'm sure Robbie knows we can't try to play silky, possession based football in every game FFS!

Absolutely, either playing in or watching a game when you see a hard tackle early doors makes you think yes here we go and get stuck in. 
I think it’s a mental thing, he trots out all the excuses before the game which gives the players the built in reason to fail. When we played Arbroath the weather was fine, pitch was good, but due to his struggles with Utd against them the usual stuff was trotted out. Folk were going about their defence, we’ve created loads of chances against them in both wins against them. 
We now go into this game with Alloa, again he’s struggled against them and will no doubt mention it in his press conference. Nearly 3 hours without scoring against the PT worst team in the league is a poor record. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Links for free streams will be on here before hand, I will make sure of it. **** giving them a penny. 

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

It could be 1p, wouldn't give that mob the steam aff ma sh!te!

2 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

It could be 1p, wouldn't give that mob the steam aff ma sh!te!

Aye bud, im actually feeling guilty just looking at the cost.😕

49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So basically, it makes no difference having a plastic pitch if the weathers shite. 

They should be banned. 

Fitba is meant to be played on grass, this plastic pitch pish should never see the light of day. Some will argue it creates extra revenue etc even so they do the game no favours IMO.

2 minutes ago, micole said:

Fitba is meant to be played on grass, this plastic pitch pish should never see the light of day. Some will argue it creates extra revenue etc even so they do the game no favours IMO.

100% correct , the game should be played on proper grass , end off.

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, either playing in or watching a game when you see a hard tackle early doors makes you think yes here we go and get stuck in. 
I think it’s a mental thing, he trots out all the excuses before the game which gives the players the built in reason to fail. When we played Arbroath the weather was fine, pitch was good, but due to his struggles with Utd against them the usual stuff was trotted out. Folk were going about their defence, we’ve created loads of chances against them in both wins against them. 
We now go into this game with Alloa, again he’s struggled against them and will no doubt mention it in his press conference. Nearly 3 hours without scoring against the PT worst team in the league is a poor record. 

Again spot on. The self fulfilling prophecy yet again. I am sure it was Ford who suggested that ' If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably correct'. Maybe paraphrasing there but you get the gist.

Just because something happened in the past, doesn't necessarily dictate it will happen in future, unless that is what you choose to believe! Ergo your belief system brings the 'something' to life.

Just hope the 'something' Robbie and the team believe in is an 8 nil win!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Again spot on. The self fulfilling prophecy yet again. I am sure it was Ford who suggested that ' If you think you can, or you think you can't, you are probably correct'. Maybe paraphrasing there but you get the gist.

Just because something happened in the past, doesn't necessarily dictate it will happen in future, unless that is what you choose to believe! Ergo your belief system brings the 'something' to life.

Just hope the 'something' Robbie and the team believe in is an 8 nil win!

Sounds good. 
“The only limits you have are those you put on yourself, anything is possible” the words of someone who has maximised his limited talents and is now working in the richest league in the world. 
Ian Cathro in his first press conference when asked about challenging the OF and winning the league, not a good start with weegie media. 
I remember thinking this is the attitude we need. At least he got one thing right I suppose 🙈

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

100% correct , the game should be played on proper grass , end off.

Do we have proper grass? 
I don’t think these pitches should be allowed but if they are they should be the best quality available at that time, I’m not sure if any of them in Scotland are at that level. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sounds good. 
“The only limits you have are those you put on yourself, anything is possible” the words of someone who has maximised his limited talents and is now working in the richest league in the world. 
Ian Cathro in his first press conference when asked about challenging the OF and winning the league, not a good start with weegie media. 
I remember thinking this is the attitude we need. At least he got one thing right I suppose 🙈

Must say, Cathro always seems to get in with big Nuno. Decent salary too I hear....

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do we have proper grass? 
I don’t think these pitches should be allowed but if they are they should be the best quality available at that time, I’m not sure if any of them in Scotland are at that level. 

Apols if I've missed this - but is it the actual artificial pitch that has caused the postponement or is it the health & safety risks surrounding the stadium / approach to the ground?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Apols if I've missed this - but is it the actual artificial pitch that has caused the postponement or is it the health & safety risks surrounding the stadium / approach to the ground?

Livi had both games postponed due to their pitch being icy, the surrounds aren’t that important just now. 
Alloa had a game postponed due to a waterlogged pitch this time last year. It’s going to be snowing/raining on and off from 9pm to 11am in Alloa.

18EDC622-9E20-4E22-80FF-BCC44965F868.jpeg

FAF7AA75-D8BD-4F86-A4FF-1C4EE1F677BB.jpeg

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Must say, Cathro always seems to get in with big Nuno. Decent salary too I hear....

I think he’s a good analyst as opposed to working with players or motivating them. 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who said Lee would be playing?

F2D31376-5E60-4C4A-917B-79AEEE8A2830.jpeg

Seems as if he did the same to Robbie as he did with Craig Levein.

Disagreed with their thoughts on how to play the game and gets loaned out both times.

He will not be back and I can't honestly say we will miss him.

He has some nice touches and decent delivery from set pieces however he is too slow and very timid for the Scottish game.

I wish him all the best for the rest of his career and he seemed to do well at Gillingham when he was there before so good luck to him.

I wonder if that is a sign that we perhaps have someone on the fringes ready to come in?

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

So basically, it makes no difference having a plastic pitch if the weathers shite. 

They should be banned. 

These Clubs have plastic pitches not to improve football but for monetary reasons - saving money on maintenance and the ability to let them out!

There is no place for them in first class football.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Disagreed with their thoughts on how to play the game and gets loaned out both times.

He has some nice touches and decent delivery from set pieces however he is too slow and very timid for the Scottish game.

I wish him all the best for the rest of his career and he seemed to do well at Gillingham when he was there before so good luck to him.

I wonder if that is a sign that we perhaps have someone on the fringes ready to come in?

How do you know they disagreed on the way the team should play Davy?

Is it not more likely that after seeing Lee play Robbie has decided he will not be a starter and it’s best Lee moves on?

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

How do you know they disagreed on the way the team should play Davy?

Is it not more likely that after seeing Lee play Robbie has decided he will not be a starter and it’s best Lee moves on?

Why did he start him in so many games previously and then decide he has to go out on loan?

The Apprentice
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

When we play Celtic or Sevco we attack and the forwards and mids try to take the ball off their defenders. This is how we should treat these wee teams, get stuck into their defense, stop them passing the ball and force them to kick long. Kicking long is a 50 50 whether it goes to one of your own or the opposition so much less chance of them attacking, as long as the defense is ready for the long ball over the top we should stop them playing.

We will likely have around 60-70% possession tomorrow, as we did in the last game through there. It's not about getting in their faces and forcing them to go long because they will go long regardless. With respect Alloa are not going to try and pass us off the park.

The key is attacking them with pace and intent and not letting them get in their defensive shape, rather than the pedestrian side-to-side build up play we have seen in most of the away games.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Why did he start him in so many games previously and then decide he has to go out on loan?

He gave him his chance to prove himself.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree with most of it but I’ve not seen anything about him an Neilson disagreeing? It just says his young family are fine south and as he was going in the summer anyway it seemed to suit both parties. 

The Apprentice
23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'd be really surprised if he disagreed with both Levein and Neilson on style of play and yet is happy to play for Gillingham in League 1 under Steve Evans.  I know there were rumours re Levein but I can't see it being the same this time around.

1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

I'd be really surprised if he disagreed with both Levein and Neilson on style of play and yet is happy to play for Gillingham in League 1 under Steve Evans.  I know there were rumours re Levein but I can't see it being the same this time around.

Fine by me.

Niemi’s gloves
7 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

indeed. I’d say the clue is in the final sentence of the Hearts statement. Basically a player unhappy at being separated from his family by COVID. Ties in with the Robbo thread in my view and the mental pressures that some face.

edit: not sure why the statement a few posts up omits the final sentence. It’s on the Hearts website

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Gillingham just had to send a midfielder back to Celtic due to their disaster, so perhaps they moved quickly and Lee wanted the move when it was offered. 

Berra than you
15 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Anyone heard if Mackay Steven has been injured in training?

Interesting as I listened to Craig Halkett's presser today and they reference something happening with GMS. But not really sure what was meant.

32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Where did you read this?

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And did he?

No my opinion is he did not. In some games he was pretty anonymous.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I agree with most of it but I’ve not seen anything about him an Neilson disagreeing? It just says his young family are fine south and as he was going in the summer anyway it seemed to suit both parties. 

I don't know but, i wouldn't think there's been a disagreement with Neilson. He seems to be an approachable type of person unlike a certain other individual. It could be that Neilson has someone lined up and needs to free a wage/position in the team. Also, he's leaving at the end of the season anyway and maybe Gillingham had told him they would come back to him in the January transfer window.

There was a disagreement with Levein though. He said that he told Lee he won't be playing and to find another club. In otherwords, we don't want you. Levein told the press he was homesick. A few weeks after Lee moved to Gillingham he was in the papers saying that he approached Levein and questioned his tactics and was told he could leave. It wasn't that he was homesick. Anyway, good luck to Lee 

Edited by jambonian

Just now, Berra than you said:

Interesting as I listened to Craig Halkett's presser today and they reference something happening with GMS. But not really sure what was meant.

That’s what I heard. Halkett had injured him in training. 

Berra than you
Just now, scottg71 said:

Would be typical hearts so wouldn't shock me in the slightest. 

Absolutely buzzing too watch another 90 minutes of Hearts players finding the stand with crosses against Alloa😂

On a serious note I think we will win 2-0

4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Gillingham just had to send a midfielder back to Celtic due to their disaster, so perhaps they moved quickly and Lee wanted the move when it was offered. 

Could be he seemed to do well there the last time and he is out of contract at the end of the season and I don't think Robbie will be wanting to renew it.

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No my opinion is he did not. In some games he was pretty anonymous.

That's what I think as well. I did try to PM you but it didn't work.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Can't see it on our website or the Alloa one? 

Will be absolutely dreadful to watch. 

I really think we will struggle we are just not good enough to consistently win away from home. 0-0 😔

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I don't know but, i wouldn't think there's been a disagreement with Neilson. He seems to be an approachable type of person unlike a certain other individual. It could be that Neilson has someone lined up and needs to free a wage/position in the team. Also, he's leaving at the end of the season anyway and maybe Gillingham had told him they would come back to him in the January transfer window.

There was a disagreement with Levein though. He said that he told Lee he won't be playing and to find another club. In otherwords, we don't want you. Levein told the press he was homesick. A few weeks after Lee moved to Gillingham he was in the papers saying that he approached Levein and questioned his tactics and was told he could leave. It wasn't that he was homesick. Anyway, good luck to Lee 

Yeah I remember all of that, I doubt if there’s been a disagreement. Good on him for telling CL what he though, most of us were in agreement. 
Good luck to him as you say. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Absolutely buzzing too watch another 90 minutes of Hearts players finding the stand with crosses against Alloa😂

On a serious note I think we will win 2-0

There’s only stand I think 😆😂🙈.  I still have PTSD from the managers crosses being shelled into the School End 🤬🤪

Edited by Pasquale for King

After the League Cup debacle, there should be no motivation needed for this match. The players should also now be aware that even though Alloa aren't very good, they can beat us if we do not perform. 

I think those two factors combined will see us do the job properly this time. A few goals away from home would be nice for a change. Come on Hearts, make it happen.

Edited by No Idle Talk

22 minutes ago, Bringitbak said:

Desire, application, graft like **** and no doubt we'll blow them away. Turn up expecting an easy win and we'll come unstuck. 

Given our League Cup debacle there I doubt they will turn up expecting an easy win. Of course, you could argue we should. 

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

He was taken to St John's, it was a facial injury.

He was spyed there.

Dont ask...I dont know any more.

Edited by Tommy Brown

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

He was taken to St John's, it was a facial injury.

He was spyed there.

Dont ask...I dont know any more.

👍

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Given our League Cup debacle there I doubt they will turn up expecting an easy win. Of course, you could argue we should. 

I agree, but if we do win comfortably, then it poses further questions about Hearts and the league ****ing Cup. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree, but if we do win comfortably, then it poses further questions about Hearts and the league ****ing Cup. 

Not really but our record in that completion is terrible. Thank god for three big cup wins in my lifetime that I can actually remember. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not really but our record in that completion is terrible. Thank god for three big cup wins in my lifetime that I can actually remember. 

Yeah, that was my point. 

Lc record is honking. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Can't see it on our website or the Alloa one? 

Put in Alloa football and athletic club, its deffo on their website.