• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The non attendance of Hearts supporters at away games eg X2 away games a month with an away support of 2,000 paying on average £10 each should equate to £40,000 but this does not directly correlate with monthly increases in FOH donations. I’d suggest the boycott (& put money into Hearts) is only angry emotion in most cases and does not result in a direct transferable financial benefit for the maroon cause! 
What is clear is that the vast silent majority of faithful Hearts supporters do pump money into the FOH month after month after month - HHGH

Only one of our away league games so far hasn't been on tv - Morton.

Why would fans pay extra when the games were on tv anyway? 

🤪

The main point was to starve the scummy clubs of funds. 

Any win will do. 

Prediction: 2-0 Hearts. 

Team will probably be, 

Boyce

GMS      Naismith     O. Lee

Halliday Irving  

Kingsley Berra Halkett M. Smith

Gordon

39 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Only one of our away league games so far hasn't been on tv - Morton.

Why would fans pay extra when the games were on tv anyway? 

🤪

The main point was to starve the scummy clubs of funds. 

My misunderstanding I thought that money not being spent on away tickets was to be given to the FOH / Hearts to support the club in these tough times.

44 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any win will do. 

Prediction: 2-0 Hearts. 

Team will probably be, 

Boyce

GMS      Naismith     O. Lee

Halliday Irving  

Kingsley Berra Halkett M. Smith

Gordon

That would be my team, except Smith at CB with Brandon playing. Either GMS or Gino starts depending on who is fittest. The other coming on.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

My misunderstanding I thought that money not being spent on away tickets was to be given to the FOH / Hearts to support the club in these tough times.

If people want to give extra money to Hearts that's up to them. The point is to not give money to teams who put us in the position we find ourselves in. In particular, Alloa's chairman is an arsehole and so his club deserve feck all.

After the disgrace at Dens it would be nice if we could start out strongest 11 available and go with a positive mindset. Ginnelly, GMS and Boyce please. 

What's the weather looking like,is there any chance this could go ahead?

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There were plenty posters who were adamant they weren’t giving the away clubs ppv income. Not all of them said they were giving the price of a ticket to FOH. 

28 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its looking almost summer like by kick off tomorrow, 7 degrees and sunny intervals. It that doesn't brighten up the dump of alloa then nothing will.

This is one of those fixtures that is harder than it should be.   We need to come out the traps and score early.  The longer it stays 0-0 the more chance it could end up like league cup.  I think the Dens performance will have given us a kick up backside and I expect us to be right on this game.  2-0 Hearts.  

31 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Do they not have an artificial pitch?

14 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Like Livi🤔

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I love it when folk mention a lottery regarding football, 14 million to 1? 
The pitch helps them there’s no doubt, I would go as far to say it keeps them in this league. 
Let’s do our bit to put that right. 

“Lottery definition: a situation who’s outcome is governed by chance”

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Yup and it’s as bare as a badgers arse!

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

After the disgrace at Dens it would be nice if we could start out strongest 11 available and go with a positive mindset. Ginnelly, GMS and Boyce please. 

Will Robbie play Ginnelly and GMS away from home? 🤔

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Unlikely to start with both more chance of Lee and Halliday starting with the introduction of one or both Ginnelly and GMS later in the game after we go a goal down.😍

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Unlikely to start with both more chance of Lee and Halliday starting with the introduction of one or both Ginnelly and GMS later in the game after we go a goal down.😍

Will Robbie ever start with two wingers away from home - or is that old time football Davy?

Edited by Thomaso

47 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Doubt it. But even at this stage Robbie has to try something different away from home. HAS TO. The 4-5-1 shitebag containment tactic has surely had its day. 

I know no one is contemplating a defeat here but what if the unthinkable happens and we get beat again? From Alloa? Doesn’t bear thinking about.

I’d seriously consider joining Bongo and Greedy Jambo’s Wolfpack. 

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Will Robbie ever start with two wingers away from home - or is that old time football Davy?

I am hoping that once he gets all the players in that he wants that he will feel comfortable starting with two wingers. After all he has stated often enough that he wants good wide players.

I doubt we will see it away from home this season as he is playing a cautious game in trying to get us promoted.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Doubt it. But even at this stage Robbie has to try something different away from home. HAS TO. The 4-5-1 shitebag containment tactic has surely had its day. 

I know no one is contemplating a defeat here but what if the unthinkable happens and we get beat again? From Alloa? Doesn’t bear thinking about.

I’d seriously consider joining Bongo and Greedy Jambo’s Wolfpack. 

We have struggled there before and as we all know there are no easy games in this league and our defence is hardly water tight as we have seen already this season.

Hibs struggled there in their cup game and teams like Alloa seem to raise their game when they play us so it will not be easy.

On paper we should be winning this comfortably however I will take a single goal win.

We really should be blowing teams like this away with fast flowing football but our pedestrian style suits their players who surely cannot be as fit as ours.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We have struggled there before and as we all know there are no easy games in this league and our defence is hardly water tight as we have seen already this season.

Hibs struggled there in their cup game and teams like Alloa seem to raise their game when they play us so it will not be easy.

On paper we should be winning this comfortably however I will take a single goal win.

We really should be blowing teams like this away with fast flowing football but our pedestrian style suits their players who surely cannot be as fit as ours.

Shouldn't be as fit as ours!!

Well put this crap to the sword. Hearts plus 4,at least. A bit disrespectful? Bollix to respect,destroy them.

10 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Shouldn't be as fit as ours!!

And there’s a possible issue not many talk about. I don’t think we’re as fit as a full time professional team should be. IMO of course 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not that I will be partaking,  not a penny, at least it's a reasonable fee for streaming. 

Expect us to have taken our warning and win comfortable. Shutdown a possible outcome we have to think 18 game season 

I usually go for some mad scoreline like 8 nil but 3pts and the proverbial last minute winner off someones backside will do.

Need an early goal I feel, can't allow them the initiative of an early smash tackle or a near miss. Go at them from the off like a Ram at a gate and we'll be fine.

Must, really MUST rack up the wins and stay top of the league.

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And there’s a possible issue not many talk about. I don’t think we’re as fit as a full time professional team should be. IMO of course 

There were certainly signs of that in previous seasons. Individuals this season have looked short of match fitness but by and large I think the squad looks fitter. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There were certainly signs of that in previous seasons. Individuals this season have looked short of match fitness but by and large I think the squad looks fitter. 

I’ve questioned it a couple of times. The game recently when we were coasting by half time (Ayr ?) I wondered whether we had just taken our foot off the gas or whether we simply didn’t have much gas left. Been a couple of other games I’ve thought ‘we’re running on empty here’ Dundee away was another one 

StevenNaismith
6 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Hopefully hammer Liewell's  puppet Mulraney's team but will settle for 1-0 and 3 pts also

Mulraney and Lawwell do not see eye to eye I can assure you. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

“Lottery definition: a situation who’s outcome is governed by chance”

The outcome isn’t GOVERNED by chance though is it? If we train properly, pick the right team, have the right attitude and use the right tactics we should win. An element of luck is involved but only a small amount. 
It’s a lazy term used by folk in football, like our defeat on penalties. If we had practiced properly, saw that certain players telegraph where they put them, and maybe got the GK to try and remember where his ex teammates like to put penalties and put it in their wee folder who knows what would’ve happened. Can you imagine the doubt it would create Celtic players minds if he had a quick look through the folder just to wind them up? No instead they know he’s only saved 4 penalties in his career, his words. 

Rant over 😆😂

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Yes. Livi have had two games off recently against Aberdeen. Anyone that follows horse racing, not me, wont be surprised that races are called off on the ALL WEATHER TRACKS hahahahaha 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

This time last year. 

E3193010-D833-419A-89C7-E06BE70C3E26.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not great tonight and tomorrow but 

by KO should be ok, just hope the drainage works well. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The outcome isn’t GOVERNED by chance though is it? If we train properly, pick the right team, have the right attitude and use the right tactics we should win. An element of luck is involved but only a small amount. 
It’s a lazy term used by folk in football, like our defeat on penalties. If we had practiced properly, saw that certain players telegraph where they put them, and maybe got the GK to try and remember where his ex teammates like to put penalties and put it in their wee folder who knows what would’ve happened. Can you imagine the doubt it would create Celtic players minds if he had a quick look through the folder just to wind them up? No instead they know he’s only saved 4 penalties in his career, his words. 

Rant over 😆😂

Agree totally.

It is not arrogant or self-entitled to think we should really smash teams like Alloa. Get the attitude right etc etc and we should win EVERY game we play against guff like this. I'm sick of reading, ' the pitch is a leveler' , ' the referee is against us/had a shocker' and so on. Our players, man for man, are better than their players. The pitch/referee shouldn't come into it. Go out, start like a train and SMASH them.

Don't think I'm being naive or arrogant to believe this. We should beat Alloa, Arbroath in fact every team in the league. The only reason we haven't is due to attitude. At Dunfermline and Dundee we allowed them the early initiative by not reacting to the heavy tackle inside the first minute. React properly and we don't lose those games. Go into our shell for 30 minutes/the first half, well, you know the rest.

Can't comment on Alloa in the cup as mouth-piece Mulraney isn't getting a penny from me.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Agree totally.

It is not arrogant or self-entitled to think we should really smash teams like Alloa. Get the attitude right etc etc and we should win EVERY game we play against guff like this. I'm sick of reading, ' the pitch is a leveler' , ' the referee is against us/had a shocker' and so on. Our players, man for man, are better than their players. The pitch/referee shouldn't come into it. Go out, start like a train and SMASH them.

Don't think I'm being naive or arrogant to believe this. We should beat Alloa, Arbroath in fact every team in the league. The only reason we haven't is due to attitude. At Dunfermline and Dundee we allowed them the early initiative by not reacting to the heavy tackle inside the first minute. React properly and we don't lose those games. Go into our shell for 30 minutes/the first half, well, you know the rest.

Can't comment on Alloa in the cup as mouth-piece Mulraney isn't getting a penny from me.

Indeed. We’ve seen that movie. 
I was hoping that McCulloch/Halliday would bring the OF attitude that you are better than the other teams so go out and show it. Naismith certainly has this attitude but gets exasperated trying to get his teammates to follow his lead sometimes. 

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes. Livi have had two games off recently against Aberdeen. Anyone that follows horse racing, not me, wont be surprised that races are called off on the ALL WEATHER TRACKS hahahahaha 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

This time last year. 

E3193010-D833-419A-89C7-E06BE70C3E26.jpeg

So basically, it makes no difference having a plastic pitch if the weathers shite. 

They should be banned. 

39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve questioned it a couple of times. The game recently when we were coasting by half time (Ayr ?) I wondered whether we had just taken our foot off the gas or whether we simply didn’t have much gas left. Been a couple of other games I’ve thought ‘we’re running on empty here’ Dundee away was another one 

I think it is less about fitness and more about attitude. During his previous stint as Manager Robbie highlighted the lack of fitness in the squad and had them training twice a day.

So it is unlikely that he would not do the same again if he felt it was required.

I feel away from home his negative tactics give the players an excuse to be less attacking.

It doesn't help that we move the ball about so slowly as that plays into the hands of part time presumably less fit teams.

We should be doing the opposite but we don't seem to do it.

Ex member of the SaS

When we play Celtic or Sevco we attack and the forwards and mids try to take the ball off their defenders. This is how we should treat these wee teams, get stuck into their defense, stop them passing the ball and force them to kick long. Kicking long is a 50 50 whether it goes to one of your own or the opposition so much less chance of them attacking, as long as the defense is ready for the long ball over the top we should stop them playing.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed. We’ve seen that movie. 
I was hoping that McCulloch/Halliday would bring the OF attitude that you are better than the other teams so go out and show it. Naismith certainly has this attitude but gets exasperated trying to get his teammates to follow his lead sometimes. 

Exactly. Have a confident swagger, a look that says,' I've got your number sunshine'.

When I played/coached at very low levels, if my team suffered a bit of a strong tackle in the first minute, you could see us all think, 'ahh, it's going to be one of those games today. Fair enough, sleeves rolled up....SMASH!'

I'm sure Robbie knows we can't try to play silky, possession based football in every game FFS!

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

So basically, it makes no difference having a plastic pitch if the weathers shite. 

They should be banned. 

Indeed.