January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Today 09:28 PM#1731
'S' Form

image.png.ccc4d94e187bbfaadf5c321913d2c1d7.png Originally Posted by broondog image.png.11fc751c9b0243da11566b3da9aed73d.png
Sorry but can someone explain to me how a mediocre struggling championship team has managed to sign Gary McKay Stevens?really is beginning to border on the ridiculous again, the magic hearts money tree keeps growing and growing yet they claim they turn a profit. No fans, playing part time teams, no SPL money anymore yet they are renewing expensive contracts and buying international players complete disgrace. 

Anyone know if UEFA FairPlay rules come into play? I would think as they aren’t getting rid of anyone they are gaining an unfair advantage. All they know if cheating but I thought they would at least be repurrecuassoons for breaking a FairPlay Rules points deduction hopefully. I won’t hold my breath but think it should be looked into and investigated.
Completely agree. Hearts have been cheating for years and have never been truly punished for it. Yes, they went into admin and were relegated but they cheated their way to the cup in 2012 and almost done it again a few weeks ago. When will it end?

The hurt is glorious. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Please can someone make a smilie out of that spelling of repercussions? Perhaps with Blowfish in it :laugh:

Are you referring to my very good self, sir?

ACAF7D46-1300-4C3C-9C9F-BB90EBD73E8C.jpeg

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

we have a first rate track record on that score...

Thing is.The player who is recovering from injury is nothing to do with us ,PNE are his team.

Originally Posted by broondog 

Sorry but can someone explain to me how a mediocre struggling championship team has managed to sign Gary McKay Stevens?really is beginning to border on the ridiculous again, the magic hearts money tree keeps growing and growing yet they claim they turn a profit. No fans, playing part time teams, no SPL money anymore yet they are renewing expensive contracts and buying international players complete disgrace. 

Anyone know if UEFA FairPlay rules come into play? I would think as they aren’t getting rid of anyone they are gaining an unfair advantage. All they know if cheating but I thought they would at least be repurrecuassoons.

Here, broondog?

How did school go yesterday?

ginger jambo98
13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Anyone know if UEFA FairPlay rules come into play? I would think as they aren’t getting rid of anyone they are gaining an unfair advantage. All they know if cheating but I thought they would at least be repurrecuassoons.

Here, broondog?

Home schooling in a caravan during a pandemic with no Wi-fi can be problematic for the Broondog family. They are more to be pitied than scorned I can assure you 😂

adambraejambo
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Here, broondog?

Repurrecuassoons 

20210109_230318.jpg

Absolutely greeting at this repercussions and blowfish stuff 😂😂😂 magic

Moult.... please no, we're not the red cross

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Please can someone make a smilie out of that spelling of repercussions? Perhaps with Blowfish in it :laugh:

😂👏🏼👏🏼 that might be up there with dougray Scott's deflated dip, after 2012😂🇱🇻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

😂😂😂 goood moaning, classic tv show😂

Be branded racist these days. 

Broondog is my new favourite.  He had eclipsed greenginger and Boston.  He reminds me of Donald's personal attorney, Rudi Gulliani.

Absolutely tonto. 

39 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Broondog is my new favourite.  He had eclipsed greenginger and Boston.  He reminds me of Donald's personal attorney, Rudi Gulliani.

Absolutely tonto. 

Think it's the same guy who was greeting about FFP when we signed Gordon, or it might have been Boyce lol. I'm sure the last time we beat him he was utterly, utterly broken too. 

Total space cadet. 

Edited by Batistuta87

millerjames398
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Be branded racist these days. 

I know i watch a lot of the oldies on gold, and there's a lot of material that wouldn't even get thought of these days,, but i did love a bit allo allo when i was a bairn😂

bobby bombscare

Not sure if off topic or not. But would we maybe he better getting Harring PROPERLY match fit and playing as a CB (where he has played for every club before he arrived here) for Berra, rather than buying in another CB? 

Also, rather than players coming in, is it just me who feels we need to get rid of some of the midfielders? 

As I count it, for 3 (sometimes 4) midfield positions, we have:

Naisy

Walker

Lee

Harring

Halliday

Damour

Irvine

Cochran

McGill 

Smith

Makavora (although never made first team debut)

That is 10 players for 4 positions max but normally 3. I mean it’s a good problem to have but at the same time, it’s a very bloated area of the team. Especially considering, we are trying to bring youth through. 

For me, I’d like to see Harring moved back to his natural CB position, Damour moved on and Naismith moved into a striking role, rather than an attacking mid role. That leaves 4 main midfielders and plenty of room for Cochran, McGill and Smith to get opportunities too! Maybe even a Devi for Makovora

Edit: I’d like to see is strengthen in the final third with another striker and hopefully come summer, some more of the youth will be able to fill in for any players leaving!

Edited by bobby bombscare

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

All sounds plausible until you realise they offered him a contract for next season not this. It wasn’t until Alex Dyer kicked off and told him to sling his hook that they took him on loan. They’ve signed another striker too, must be the bung their Daddies Celtic gave them. 

FTFY

4 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

I know i watch a lot of the oldies on gold, and there's a lot of material that wouldn't even get thought of these days,, but i did love a bit allo allo when i was a bairn😂

I loved It Ain’t Half Hot Mum when I was wee.

My Mrs got me the box set DVD last Xmas. PC wise that wouldn’t get past a pitch

”So the main Indian character will be played by a white actor but made up to look Indian and the Sgt Major will constantly refer to the concert party as a bunch of poofs? Riiiiigght”

pettigrewsstylist
23 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

Ahh. Follow the cash kinda thing perhaps?

Cheers

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If I had to guess...

No offers from England, Aberdeen and Hibs wanted him but couldn't give out a contract at the moment. Hearts and St Mirren offered him deal but St Mirren burst the bank Shankland style as they can't afford to go down and we played it sensible, which is the right thing to do.

And I'm guessing he thinks he can't afford to be without a deal incase covid hits football again. Because the obvious thing to do would be to wait until the summer instead of playing in a lego stadium.

🤷‍♂️

Last para may have substance 

9 hours ago, millerjames398 said:

Love Thy Neighbour, Mind Your Language, 'Til Death us do Part/In Sickness and in Health, On the Buses, Allo-Allo and plenty others were hysterical in their day. 

8 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Not sure if off topic or not. But would we maybe he better getting Harring PROPERLY match fit and playing as a CB (where he has played for every club before he arrived here) for Berra, rather than buying in another CB? 

Also, rather than players coming in, is it just me who feels we need to get rid of some of the midfielders? 

Naisy

Walker

Lee

Harring

Halliday

Damour

Irvine

Cochran

McGill 

Smith

That is 10 players for 4 positions max but normally 3. I mean it’s a good problem to have but at the same time, it’s a very bloated area of the team. Especially considering, we are trying to bring youth through. 

For me, I’d like to see Harring moved back to his natural CB position, Damour moved on and Naismith moved into a striking role, rather than an attacking mid role. That leaves 4 main midfielders and plenty of room for Cochran, McGill and Smith to get opportunities too! Maybe even a Devi for Makovora

Edit: I’d like to see is strengthen in the final third with another striker and hopefully come summer, some more of the youth will be able to fill in for any players leaving!

Pretty sure Makavora's a striker 👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

As much as i think Haring is our best midfielder, when fit, i think you could have a point in moving him back to defence right now. I wouldn't want to see him there permanently but he could do a good job till we get a new center half and, as you say, it could help alleviate some of the bloating in midfield 

With the injuries suffered I think that could be a good idea too, less energy required 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Definitely think we need two central defenders, maybe not in January but for next season. I would like us to go for an older experienced "big name" marquee signing and a younger prospect.

Hopefully Souttar recovers fully but i have my doubts if he'll be the same player. 

Totally agree, been saying it for a while. 

bobby bombscare
1 hour ago, droid said:

Pretty sure Makavora's a striker 👍🏻

Could be. I’be seen him play twice and that was once in a CAM role and once as a left winger so I’m not sure 

14 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Giving Henderson a run of games and supporting him to develop as a striker would be preferable.  His pace and strength would be the perfect foil for Boyce.

Honestly, I'll be surprised if Euan leaves Hearts having scored a goal. I don't think he brings any kind of goal threat at all. 

Hope to be proved wrong though. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Honestly, I'll be surprised if Euan leaves Hearts having scored a goal. I don't think he brings any kind of goal threat at all. 

Scored a goal last season. I think he’d do better in a wide position rather than as an out and out striker but like you I doubt he’ll make it with us. 

58 minutes ago, OTT said:

He has the weirdest running style I've ever seen, he runs like he's sharted and he's trying to get to the nearest kazi.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
11 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Naisy

Walker

Lee

Harring

Halliday

Damour

Irvine

Cochran

McGill 

Smith

Makavora is primarily a striker who can play out wide I think. He came off the bench for us at Killie a couple of seasons ago.

We do have some promising talent in midfield but we can't just chuck them all in the team for the sake of it. Development loans help these guys get a taste of regular first team football and find their feet in the game. That allows to monitor their progress in a match situation.

Lack of strikers coming through is a concern but nothing to get too worried about just yet.

What's the forum's view on Kiltie at Kilmarnock?? Heard he was out of contract at the end ofvthe season. Only 23 I think so still got potential value to sell on after a few seasons. I know he's another winger but like most of us I'm not convinced by either Frear or Roberts.

14 minutes ago, dougal said:

What's the forum's view on Kiltie at Kilmarnock?? Heard he was out of contract at the end ofvthe season. Only 23 I think so still got potential value to sell on after a few seasons. I know he's another winger but like most of us I'm not convinced by either Frear or Roberts.

Definitely.  Fast and very tricky to play against. 

41 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Definitely.  Fast and very tricky to play against. 

I had a look at his profile on Transfer Market and he has been at Killie all his career so far since 2013.

He has had a couple of loan stints at Morton and Dunfermline. He is from Irvine which is near Killie so it will be interesting to see if he is offered a new deal or if he fancies a move elsewhere.

I would imagine McCulloch will know all about him from his time there. The down side I suppose is that he is listed at a left winger whcih is where GMS plays.

Having said that if we could punt Roberts and Frear then I would take Kiltie as back up.

Punks No Deid
1 hour ago, droid said:

He has the weirdest running style I've ever seen, he runs like he's sharted and he's trying to get to the nearest kazi.

:qqb006::1092:  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, droid said:

Like the “hairs of his erse were tied together” is the rather colloquial term my father would use. 

13 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

Naisy

Walker

Lee

Harring

Halliday

Damour

Irvine

Cochran

McGill 

Smith

There’s a mix in there. 

A couple of failed signings who we’d love rid of, but will be on good money and unfortunately we’ve made it so it would be an obvious mistake to repeat the gamble we took. 

There’s a few who are long term development projects, most of whom are out on loan.

Then there’s the players who we need right now to keep the ship afloat. 

I think we’re stuck with high numbers for a season or two. I wouldn’t count anyone out on loan. 

fortunately, a few contracts will time out soon and Naismith can’t be far away from full time coaching. Then the youngsters will either be ready, or they will be let go and there is space for a fairly major rebuild. 

For me, Irving looks like who (out of the current crop) we should be be building around. With that in mind, a fit Haring is pretty much his perfect partner. Naisy in front of him coaching his attacking play is also a good thing - as long as it doesn’t default to “always pass the ball to me” or inhibit his decision making (eg the way Elvis did with the young Craig Gordon). 

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We should be looking at the boy Robinson at Livi...

Certainly banging them in 😂😂

Not saying we are the team in for him but no Ross Stewart in the county squad today. Not injured as far as I gather. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I had a look at his profile on Transfer Market and he has been at Killie all his career so far since 2013.

He has had a couple of loan stints at Morton and Dunfermline. He is from Irvine which is near Killie so it will be interesting to see if he is offered a new deal or if he fancies a move elsewhere.

I would imagine McCulloch will know all about him from his time there. The down side I suppose is that he is listed at a left winger whcih is where GMS plays.

Having said that if we could punt Roberts and Frear then I would take Kiltie as back up.

I'd say Kiltie is more of a Wighton style supporting striker who happens to have been played out wide quite a bit.

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hibs seemingly working on a deal for Jackson Irvine. Be a good signing for them 

Ross doing what Ross does,stockpiles.

That's Gogic,Newell,Mallan,Allan,Hallberg,McGinn and now Irvine 🤣🤣

How many CM does a club need.

jamboinglasgow
On 30/12/2020 at 23:46, CJGJ said:

Kyle Joseph of Wigan....19 years old Scottish youth international forward

Young talent that it may be possible to get before the big clubs come calling,,,,that's the type of player to look at

I remember you suggesting him and thinking that he would be a good one to go for. Just seen that according to this journalist Rangers and Spurs are after him.

17 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hibs seemingly working on a deal for Jackson Irvine. Be a good signing for them 

That deal's all but done by the sounds of it. He'd have been a good signing for us, but we seem to be prioritising other positions and he probably wasn't willing to drop into the Championship (even for a few months).

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That deal's all but done by the sounds of it. He'd have been a good signing for us, but we seem to be prioritising other positions and he probably wasn't willing to drop into the Championship (even for a few months).

Tbh it would be an exceptional addition to Hibs, if there are no issues we are unsighted on re fitness etc. At this level (playing in scotland) an absolute must, works like a horse and an ability to get beyond the forwards to boot....sad if they get him 😑

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )