• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

22 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I'd say Kiltie is more of a Wighton style supporting striker who happens to have been played out wide quite a bit.

Maybe we could do a swap deal.

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Tbh it would be an exceptional addition to Hibs, if there are no issues we are unsighted on re fitness etc. At this level (playing in scotland) an absolute must, works like a horse and an ability to get beyond the forwards to boot....sad if they get him 😑

Definitely something we're missing, although it is a bit odd that he's not been able to get a club since the summer.

No word on the length of the contract. I wonder if it's just a deal until the end of the season.

19 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Giving Henderson a run of games and supporting him to develop as a striker would be preferable.  His pace and strength would be the perfect foil for Boyce.

He’s nowhere near good enough for Hearts. Mental he was given a new 2 year deal.

17 hours ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Home schooling in a caravan during a pandemic with no Wi-fi can be problematic for the Broondog family. They are more to be pitied than scorned I can assure you 😂

17 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Repurrecuassoons 

20210109_230318.jpg

17 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Absolutely greeting at this repercussions and blowfish stuff 😂😂😂 magic

Is it harsh to assume that the broondog chap isn’t the sharpest tool in the box?  🤷🏿‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Is it harsh to assume that the broondog chap isn’t the sharpest tool in the box?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Given his grammar, spelling and his choice of team... I'd say it's the safest assumption you could make 👍

7 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Given his grammar, spelling and his choice of team... I'd say it's the safest assumption you could make 👍

Thanks for confirming.  👍

Is it safe/harsh to assume that he’s just a tool then?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Irvine a good signing for Hibs tbf. Is he more of an attacking midfielder? Can’t remember 

All rounder really, can sit and defend or go box to box, energetic type player. Good signing for any team bar the uglies. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All rounder really, can sit and defend or go box to box, energetic type player. Good signing for any team bar the uglies. 

A bit like Ryan Edwards🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
Just now, heartmussel said:

A bit like Ryan Edwards🤷‍♂️

Yeah but slightly higher quality I would say. Irvine has 34 caps for Oz and Edwards . . eh . . ahem . . disnae 😆

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Hibs seemingly working on a deal for Jackson Irvine. Be a good signing for them 

Cadden is also Ross trying to cover up for mistakes made. 

Gogic and Wright are rotten.

The Mercer Takeover
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We should be looking at the boy Robinson at Livi...

The same boy who spent years with us as a youngster.....

He was OK during that time but never quite good enough. If he is now the answer to any of our problems, then we really are finished.

4 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He was OK during that time but never quite good enough. If he is now the answer to any of our problems, then we really are finished.

Bit harsh. Maybe he’s matured into a better player. He was a skilful player if a bit lightweight and inconsistent. 

Edited by GinRummy

So anyone heard anything else then? All I’ve seen is Moult is apparently following Hearts Twitter. Isn’t that basically official these days?

The Mercer Takeover
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So anyone heard anything else then? All I’ve seen is Moult is apparently following Hearts Twitter. Isn’t that basically official these days?

If he can stay fit he would make a huge difference to us.

Hope this comes to fruition.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

LarrysRightFoot
21 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Tongue in cheek is hard to convey on t’internet 

Sure Paulo Sergio was a fan of him though. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

If he can stay fit he would make a huge difference to us.

Hope this comes to fruition.

No idea how he’s been a Preston but scoring 15 goals in the league above us two seasons in a row, and then scoring another 8 in 15 before moving for around £500k tells us he’d be just the right player for our level and then some. 28 too so should be in his prime. But I have no idea of his fitness levels and quite importantly his confidence levels after playing in the Championship. Which is a step up from where we are, but it’s also a league Damour succeeded in and he can get nowhere near a squad on game day. Different positions and every player needs context to their stats, but still.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ross doing what Ross does,stockpiles.

That's Gogic,Newell,Mallan,Allan,Hallberg,McGinn and now Irvine 🤣🤣

How many CM does a club need.

Mcgennis also

A_A wehatethehibs
37 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Young player graduates from big clubs academy, isn’t quite good enough at that time, but he then spends 5 or 6 years out playing every game at clubs and over time he improves and become a better player. Many such cases! 

30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Young player graduates from big clubs academy, isn’t quite good enough at that time, but he then spends 5 or 6 years out playing every game at clubs and over time he improves and become a better player. Many such cases! 

he is also playing up front which was always his best position, unfortunately part of the problem when with us was that he wanted to play in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Would have thought Jackson Irvine was too good for Hibs.

Savage should hijack 

Liam Boyce should be having a word with the guy too.

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Played very few games for Kilmarnock or Dunfermline then went to East Fife . Seems to have been an astute signing by Livi

Maybe got his confidence back

A_A wehatethehibs
33 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Played very few games for Kilmarnock or Dunfermline then went to East Fife . Seems to have been an astute signing by Livi

Maybe got his confidence back

The smarter move for him would’ve been to leave Hearts when he saw we’d brought Buaben and Gomis. Hindsight I suppose. That season really set him back and he never got going. Happy to see him playing now. Tbh, would I have him back as a starter here? Questionable, but not totally absurd. We need a good strong athletic midfielder comfortable and proven at Premiership level to help out Irving. We need an Ian Black ICT type signing. Thought Halliday might’ve been that player but he’s not offered much. Maybe he will raise is game in the premier. But I’ve seen enough of both Lee and Haring to know that we need to be looking for 2x CMs to replace them next season. 

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would rather go for Campbell for summer than go for Irvine. 

Irvine is attainable Campbell probably isn’t. 

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

You don’t know unless you try. Hibs got McGinn and Aberdeen got McLean and Ferguson in similar circumstances.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

You don’t know unless you try. Hibs got McGinn and Aberdeen got McLean and Ferguson in similar circumstances.

If he’s listening to offers you would think Hibs Aberdeen and Hearts will all try. Doesn’t make it any more likely with the cash likely available to him down south

28 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Depends who's interested. I think we should make him a good offer. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Depends who's interested. I think we should make him a good offer. 

Exactly. Our record at bringing in players on high wages is plain to see. Not always a good thing but if we want someone we can afford it. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Would have thought Jackson Irvine was too good for Hibs.

Savage should hijack 

Absolutely, Would be very disappointed if he ended up signing for them, He is a big upgrade on damour and pretty much everyone else in our midfield, Also there is a risk that haring might not get back to the same level as before, Would be an excellent replacement if haring can't cut it at spl level anymore, We would be silly not to at least make him an offer, Would also wind them up if we got him lol

Seems to be some substance to the Louis Moult chat. Definitely some conversations have taken place but I don't know the outcome as yet.

I didn't get a name for the Scotland capped striker but I wonder if it may have been Brophy. I'm not sure either way though. It may yet happen and be someone else but it's gone quiet on that front which is why I wonder.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Not exactly mouth watering pedigree here...

Mind when we used to get players in from Porto, Euro champions Greek internationalists, Czech internationals, ex Benfica, Slavia Prague, Inter Milan etc etc  

:lol: 

8F4FD568-FB72-4196-AA1E-4C3EF3FF2A11.jpeg

Berra than you
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Mind when we used to get players in from Porto, Euro champions Greek internationalists, Czech internationals, ex Benfica, Slavia Prague, Inter Milan etc etc  

Might want to focus on his goalscoring numbers rather than the clubs he's played at.

Just now, Berra than you said:

Might want to focus on his goalscoring numbers rather than the clubs he's played at.

If he's fit Moult would be a great signing. Doesn't exactly fit Robbie's description of the type of striker he's looking for but would delighted if we got him.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Moult at his best will be a good signing for sure. We know he can do the business at this level. Just funny to look at that list of ex clubs it has to be the most journeyman list of former clubs I’ve seen :lol: 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Moult at his best will be a good signing for sure. We know he can do the business at this level. Just funny to look at that list of ex clubs it has to be the most journeyman list of former clubs I’ve seen :lol: 

Hasn’t played for over 16 months. If we sign him it’s for next season not this one. 

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The problem with ourselves is we can never find players at the right time. Louis Moult's was at Wrexham. Let's look at other players that have been mentioned.

Stephen O'Donnell - Partick or Luton

Jordan Jones - released with 0 apps for Middlesbrough

Stewart Findlay - released by Celtic and Newcastle with 0 apps

Eamonn Brophy - Hamilton

I could honestly go on all night...it's what we need to be better at and I'm hoping Joe Savage can sort it.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hasn’t played for over 16 months. If we sign him it’s for next season not this one. 

Yes I would think so. But is he out injured for the whole season do we know? Might be able to get 5-10 games out of him toward the end of the season to get him settled at the club ready for a full pre season? 

Berra than you
17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

If he's fit Moult would be a great signing. Doesn't exactly fit Robbie's description of the type of striker he's looking for but would delighted if we got him.

That's it, his fitness could be an issue. It doesn't but might be a pre contract, in which case him and Boyce plus a target man next season gives us great options.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Absolutely, Would be very disappointed if he ended up signing for them, He is a big upgrade on damour and pretty much everyone else in our midfield, Also there is a risk that haring might not get back to the same level as before, Would be an excellent replacement if haring can't cut it at spl level anymore, We would be silly not to at least make him an offer, Would also wind them up if we got him lol

Some folk on here were saying the same about Gogic 😂 

He’s also not kicked a ball since March last year. Not a signing that would bother me in the slightest. 

56 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To be fair we are not exactly a mouth watering proposition at the moment given the tinpot league we are in!! 
If Moult is fit he would be a great addition to the squad. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )