January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No, the only reason i can think for his move is a stepping stone to shellick? Given their ties?..... a very loose connection I know. Just thought it very odd.... st liedown are skint (I thought). Just don't get it.

Exactly what I thought (and as you say extremely tedious link). Maybe a way for Celtic to return one of the many favours St Mirren have given them. Buy Brophy from them after 1/2 a season for pocket change, which in turn help keeps the lights on in Paisley. As said, extremely tedious. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

Will we use part of the 20m on him😁

Rick Sanchez

Was Brophy not the Scottish international? 

If we sorted the link between midfield and attack we could move Naismith up top. He done well for Scotland up top and is surprisingly not bad in the air as well as a physical presence.

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Will we use part of the 20m on him😁

Wouldn't be spending money on him

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Wouldn't be spending money on him

Oh so no signing on fee or anything like that, you are full of shite by the way.

Edited by Lfhearts

11 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Edinburgh Live have noted Louis Moult and Jayden Stockley are possible ins from Preston 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-striker-search-could-see-19593576.amp

We will see if Stockley features today against Wycombe in the FA Cup.

Moult is still crocked apparently so no point in signing him this window. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Lfhearts said:

Oh so no signing on fee or anything like that, you full of shite by the way.

I wouldn't offer him **** all in the first place.

16 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Aye mate I’ve got so much to keep me entertained, I really want the season ended. 

Yes, there’s vaccines but the infections and hospitalisations are far higher than they were when last season was called.

I think we are only team out with the Prem following the twice a week testing (?). Other clubs can’t afford it understandably. The comments and tone of yesterday’s Scots Gov statement make it sound as though it’s definitely on the table. 

If numbers continue to get worse I think they will call the lower league season. Just my thoughts/opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion but your arguments just don't stack up. 

Pro sport is having very little impact on either spreading the virus or impacting on the health workers capacity to deal with the virus .

Stopping pro sport unless there is a drastic change in the way its impacting the Pandenic makes no sense and simply wont happen.

I hate transfer threads - sifting the nuggets from the gravel is simply too difficult.

Can we just have a sticky that's just for announcements and scarf above the head photos and make it easier for everyone?

Edited by Spellczech

Moult would be perfect but if he's injured then there's obviously no discussion for this season at least.

Wasn't all that impressed with Stockley but he's a particular type of striker that we're lacking. He could do a job.

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, ramrod said:

Pro sport is having very little impact on either spreading the virus or impacting on the health workers capacity to deal with the virus .

Stopping pro sport unless there is a drastic change in the way its impacting the Pandenic makes no sense and simply wont happen.

But that’s it the lower leagues in Scotland are professional in name only. You have part time teams in the Championship- guys who have day jobs, who aren’t being tested and travelling all over the country. 

Leitch rightly pointed out some of these guys will have it and what’s the R number in Scotland 1.3? So yes players will be spreading it. 

You can think my argument doesn’t stack up all you want but it clear the government are monitoring the situation. 

3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Moult would be perfect but if he's injured then there's obviously no discussion for this season at least.

Wasn't all that impressed with Stockley but he's a particular type of striker that we're lacking. He could do a job.

Meh

Stockley/Stockton

33 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Would be fantastic but can’t see it. 

He's just signed a new contract with Kansas. Also rumoured to be making an absolute fortune over there. 

22 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

We will see if Stockley features today against Wycombe in the FA Cup.

Moult is still crocked apparently so no point in signing him this window. 

This article is from back in September but he has had one major injury and would be a big risk.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-striker-louis-moult-will-not-be-rushed-back-serious-injury-2984143

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Regarding Declan Gallacher... taken from Ewan Murrays twitter account: 

Motherwell must love this. No manager, struggling. They develop a player and someone briefs that he doesn’t want to play contracted games

Nuts.

gall.jpg

He's 29, Last big pay check. 

Stuart Findlay or chuck Stoke some cash for Liam Lindsay would be better deals for us imo. 

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

It’ll be Stevie May.

I'd be quite happy with this signing. He seems to have hit a resurgence of form, and although he's basically got no sell on value at this point, he could help strengthen the squad hugely. He's played with GMS and at Preston with Savage, so it seems a no brainer tbh. 

St johnstone wages also put him easily in our wage bracket. 

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Ive had enough of the meh, could possibly maybe do a job chat. How many players have hearts signed the last few years we all thought looked pish, and deep down we knew would be utter pony. Unless we get better at taking punts Id rather focus on players we know can reach a minimum standard. 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'd be quite happy with this signing. He seems to have hit a resurgence of form, and although he's basically got no sell on value at this point, he could help strengthen the squad hugely. He's played with GMS and at Preston with Savage, so it seems a no brainer tbh. 

He worked on his fitness outside of football as well IIRC. He could work for 90 mins and he seemed to excel for a season or two before fading away...7 goals in 61 appearances for Aberdeen...probably a lot of sub appearances.

I wouldn't say no...one Scotland cap as well. 28 years of age, hitting his prime.

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's just signed a new contract with Kansas. Also rumoured to be making an absolute fortune over there. 

Thought that might have ended up being the case. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Id be pretty happy with jayden stockley, big strong laddie, has scored at most clubs he’s been at. Would certainly fit the description Robbie‘s been talking about in the press.

Berra than you
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Was at Hamilton aswell I think on loan. Not sure if Savage was there at that time. Would be an upgrade on Wighton.

Weakened Offender
35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

People are coming together to watch football matches though. Big time. If you think that's not happening and that the authorities don't know its happening then you are mistaken. 

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Underwhelmed if it’s Stevie May. Just one of those guys who has had purple patches which inflate his reputation and typical of the sort of signing we’ve been making and failing with. I’d be looking to go a grade or two higher than him. Doesn’t really smack of improving us. Smacks of a rushed signing. Wait till summer if that’s the sort we are in for. He’s going backwards not forward.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Underwhelmed if it’s Stevie May. Just one of those guys who has had purple patches which inflate his reputation and typical of the sort of signing we’ve been making and failing with. I’d be looking to go a grade or two higher than him. Doesn’t really smack of improving us. Smacks of a rushed signing. Wait till summer if that’s the sort we are in for.

Can't see it being him. 

Not exactly the type of striker that Neilson described he was after. 

May might've been an option during his first spell at St Johnstone but he's went downhill a bit in recent years. Sometimes a club just "fits" a player and with May, just like we had with Skacel, he seems suited to carry on at St Johnstone. Not a player i'd be looking at personally, not nowadays anyway.

Furst there was Vladimir

Not jumping on the bandwagon as I know he’s been mentioned before. Not interested in any ‘ITK’ kudos or anything like that but from my same source re GMS on Thursday, Moult very close according to text this morning.

Watch this space I suppose.

40 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

People are coming together to watch football matches though. Big time. If you think that's not happening and that the authorities don't know its happening then you are mistaken. 

Idiots are meeting regardless of watching football matches 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Cummings. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

It’ll be Stevie May.

Based on what exactly?  Neither of these guys fit the mould we are looking for.

Moult was brilliant at Motherwell but his fitness is a huge concern. If he could even be half as good as he was at Motherwell then he would be an asset to us.

I'd hate to see what the people who said GMS was injury prone would think about Moult though...

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Regarding Declan Gallacher... taken from Ewan Murrays twitter account: 

Motherwell must love this. No manager, struggling. They develop a player and someone briefs that he doesn’t want to play contracted games

Nuts.

gall.jpg

Not a chance we should sign a scumbag like Gallagher. Horrible person and a really nasty piece of work.

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

In talks with Moults agent ive heard. 

That’s nice that we’re checking in about how his cruciate injury  is. #bekind and all that 👍🏻

Alex Kintner
21 minutes ago, Furst there was Vladimir said:

Not interested in any ‘ITK’ kudos or anything like that but from my same source re GMS on Thursday, Moult very close according to text this morning.

Very close to what...walking again?

Edited by Alex Kintner

Rick Sanchez

He's back from injury and he's had his knee cleaned out. He stretched with his right to get a ball and his left knee buckled.

Why not see what a medical says. 

I liked Moult at Well but if he’s been out for ages there’s no point just now.

Pre-contract aye but we need someone who can play now 

43 minutes ago, jambonian said:

May might've been an option during his first spell at St Johnstone but he's went downhill a bit in recent years. Sometimes a club just "fits" a player and with May, just like we had with Skacel, he seems suited to carry on at St Johnstone. Not a player i'd be looking at personally, not nowadays anyway.

Definitely this. He looked sharp and had an eye for goal. HE is not the player he was and I think we could do better than him.

Personally I would like someone with real pace and a good engine on them that can last 90 minutes.

I know some say on here you don't need pace but I think it is a real bonus in the Scottiish Game.

Rick Sanchez

Just had a scan through Louis Moult's following list on twitter. He follows 965 people and clubs with the vast majority in England. He follows a lot of clubs. He only follows two Scottish clubs...

Motherwell and Heart of Midlothian...and Lee McCulloch for some reason :laugh:

Definitely something in it.

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's back from injury and he's had his knee cleaned out. He stretched with his right to get a ball and his left knee buckled.

Why not see what a medical says. 

He hasn't played since Augsut 2019 as far as I am aware.

He ruptured his left cruciate ligament and then had a further op this summer as you say to have it cleaned out.

Every player gets a medical before clubs sign them but his problem is similar to White in that he hasn't played actual games for so long.

It is often hard to tell from a medical how a player is going to progress or otherwise.

Every signing is a risk but when they have not proven their fitness after such a serious injury then that risk is even bigger.

A fully fit Moult would be a great signing but I would be looking to maybe get him on a loan basis maybe until the end of the season to have a good look at him with aview to a premanent deal if he proves his fitness.

The trouble then might be that PNE don't want to lose him.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Just had a scan through Louis Moult's following list on twitter. He follows 965 people and clubs with the vast majority in England. He follows a lot of clubs. He only follows two Scottish clubs...

Motherwell and Heart of Midlothian...and Lee McCulloch for some reason :laugh:

Definitely something in it.

He follows hearts on instagram 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )