January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Just now, allanwilson1970 said:

I would take Uche back now he is fully fit, better than some of the names being mentioned here.

He was shit. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I would take Uche back now he is fully fit, better than some of the names being mentioned here.

God no. 

Boyce is far better. 

Naismith is far better. 

Why would we sign a worse player than we already have in that position, one that we know is worse as he recent played for us.?

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's on loan to them  for the remainder of this season. 

Yeh and he’ll have signed his pre contract 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

God no. 

Boyce is far better. 

Naismith is far better. 

Why would we sign a worse player than we already have in that position, one that we know is worse as he recent played for us.?

I wouldn’t take uche back, but we do need someone who could bully defenders.. I think he’d have done well in the championship 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Stats for Moult. Some signing if we get him.Screenshot_20210109_163039.thumb.jpg.d163358a0fda4dd829634a401b2892e1.jpg

Have you got the stats for the last 18 months, here’s a clue there’s loads of zeros. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

So......

Minutes after you check who Moult follows on Twitter you are coincidentally told we are in talks with his agent ?

Lets be honest....

You’ve checked who Moult is following and given he’s just started following Boyce and Hearts, you’ve recognised this is by no means a mistake so you’ve made up the second part about him being in talks.

All to look like you’re “ITK”.

:rofl:

My thoughts exactly

Consecutive posts no less

Could not hold his water for a few minuted to make it look genuine:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t take uche back, but we do need someone who could bully defenders.. I think he’d have done well in the championship 

We need good, quality strikers that score and work well with the team. 

Whether that's through bullying, headers, left foot, right foot, pace etc  I don't care Tbh. 

Uche wasn't and isn't the answer. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Have you got the stats for the last 18 months, here’s a clue there’s loads of zeros. 

Good point,maybe with his knee hanging on by a thread he should've tried harder.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'd rather have a wheelie bin up top to play one two's off than have Uche back.

😂😂😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was my initial thought, then having seen that he’s had a bad injury and hasn’t kicked a ball for over a year I think it might be just that he played at Preston. Maybe in the summer once he’s proved his fitness. 

I liked Moult when he was at Motherwell . First time , I think , i saw him at Tynecastle thought he was crap , constantly fouling . Think that might just have been frustration .

Afterwards most times I saw him he was very effective . More physical than Boyce , think he would be good signing

LarrysRightFoot
14 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I know nothing about the Brophy situation but I’m sure it’s been said/proven before that pre-contracts can be broken. 

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know nothing about the Brophy situation but I’m sure it’s been said/proven before that pre-contracts can be broken. 

I’m confused.  Brophy made his debut for St Midden today.  What’s all this chat about it falling through @gorgiebootboy?

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

I’m confused.  Brophy made his debut for St Midden today.  What’s all this chat about it falling through @gorgiebootboy?

He is on loan at St Mirren for rest of the season and will sign permanently in the summer as he has signed a pre contract with them. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair one, should probably just leave it and keep Wighton then eh? What a twat he is deciding to get serious knee damage so he can't play in any games and nearly end his career

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

yeah been said before pre contracts can be broken e.g players suffer serious injury before signing so cancelled. 

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

He is on loan at St Mirren for rest of the season and will sign permanently in the summer as he has signed a pre contract with them. 

Ah, gotcha mate.  Didn’t realise he was on loan.  So I’m guessing he may or may not have signed a precontract but the argument is they’re not necessarily water tight.  Interesting times, thanks. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

The only pre-contract deal I can think of that didn't go through was Richard Brittain to St Johnstone and it was quite controversial at the time.

I don't see why Brophy would sign a pre-contract, join on loan a matter of days later and then decide not to bother with the permanent deal. Doesn't really make any sense.

6 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Awryt then.

It is not worth the paper it is written on.

IF there is some substance in what you are saying why are you being so obviously obtuse ?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Fair one, should probably just leave it and keep Wighton then eh? What a twat he is deciding to get serious knee damage so he can't play in any games and nearly end his career

What has any that to do with the fact that the guy hasn’t kicked a ball for 18 months after a cruciate injury? Are you advocating we go down the all too similar route of paying good money to get someone recovering from this injury, like we did with Wighton (who should be thanked for his services and waved goodbye). 
Moult was a good player but nobody can say what he will be like or when he will be back, far too big a risk for now or to sign him on a pre contract. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I liked Moult when he was at Motherwell . First time , I think , i saw him at Tynecastle thought he was crap , constantly fouling . Think that might just have been frustration .

Afterwards most times I saw him he was very effective . More physical than Boyce , think he would be good signing

If he can prove his fitness possibly but it’s a big risk, one we maybe shouldn’t be taking, to add another slow injury prone striker to the two we have already. 

8 minutes ago, john thomas said:

IF there is some substance in what you are saying why are you being so obviously obtuse ?

In general a pre contract is not binding on either side. 

26 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

St.Mirrens website says he has signed on loan until end of season and has agreed a pre contract. Don't know if that means signed a pre contract or just verbal agreement.

Just now, Gambo said:

St.Mirrens website says he has signed on loan until end of season and has agreed a pre contract. Don't know if that means signed a pre contract or just verbal agreement.

Might be wrong here but aren't they referred to as pre-contract agreements generally? As in it is mainly just a verbal agreement? I'm sure we agreed a pre contract with halkett outside of the transfer window altogether 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he can prove his fitness possibly but it’s a big risk, one we maybe shouldn’t be taking, to add another slow injury prone striker to the two we have already. 

Yes I maybe should have qualified statement . Having said that I think we have to continue taking some risks with players like this

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How many have been broken though ?

I seem to remember an Inverness player breaking his about a year ago with Ross County. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

I seem to remember an Inverness player breaking his about a year ago with Ross County. 

Wasn’t aware of that. In pracrice they seem to work well but I’m not aware of any test cases taken to the sfa or courts. 

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

In general a pre contract is not binding on either side. 

It may also contain clauses regarding circumstances under which it would lapse - eg I assume if St Midden agreed it could have a get out clause if certain clubs or clubs at certain levels make an offer

Just now, davemclaren said:

Wasn’t aware of that. In pracrice they seem to work well but I’m not aware of any test cases taken to the sfa or courts. 

It was ripped up after agreement between the two clubs. No one would force a player to play. 

The Treasurer
50 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Whether Brophy was a target or not I find it a strange career move to leave Killie for Liedown 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Some of you have definitely been done with the Nigerian Prince email scam. 

😁😁

I'm expecting a bank transfer any tine now. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Richard Brittain (I think) pulled out of a pre-contract move to St Johnstone from Ross County a few years ago 

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Or is it?

More chance of Trump getting his twitter back. Why the hell would he go to the effort of signing on loan, agreeing to a future contract knowing he will sign for someone else. Bonkers

1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

You would think with a name like "Agent Jambo" he would get a scoop eventually, only if he camps out at Riccarton methinks, as it's yet another who posts gash.

He had the cheek to have a pop at Dazajambo 🤣🤣🤣

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, GBb.  :sad: 

Never heard of him, why do you ask?

The name is on a list of players who have played for the club, i tried to find out who it was as i never hard of the name before.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/ heart-of-midlothian/10/

Thanks for the reply

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Well he’s just came on today for them 

😂😂

Lets see where he is in August.

Hehehehehehehehe

17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Whether Brophy was a target or not I find it a strange career move to leave Killie for Liedown 

So do I. I’d tend to believe those suggesting there’s some sort of shenanigans going on. Could just be St Mirren bursting the bank to get him I suppose but seems unlikely. 

A pre contract by the very definition of it - is just that. My reading of a pre contract is an agreement to sign when the player is no longer in contract. Obviously a Player cannot sign a Contract until he is free to do so. Whatever happens with Brophy, GBB is either the real deal - or a Walter Mitty. If real - why would the People he talks about allow him to speculate as much as he has been doing? Most deals are done behind closed doors wothout prior leaks. Time will tell I guess....

Edited by gowestjambo

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Last thing we need is a striker slower than Boyce 🤦🏻‍♂️

Surely if he’s going for the two wingers approach we just need someone who can win balls in the box.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )