January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Robbie is still advocating the Dundee utd holding mid

Hope not, the times I’ve seen Utd I haven’t been impressed with him.

slow and can’t pass water!!! 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

LarrysRightFoot

Findlay, Kiltie and Campbell is the type of business we should be doing as an ambitious club. 

11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hope not, the times I’ve seen Utd I haven’t been impressed with him.

slow and can’t pass water!!! 

We've got hunners of them already !!!!!

Just now, merrymac said:

We've got hunners of them already !!!!!

That’s exactly my worry.

still looking at midfielders with no engine!! 

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'm wondering if you're maybe thinking of someone else because your comment is just wrong. He didn't just have one decent game against us - he was outstanding, and played some experienced professionals off the park. If he has that in his locker and can do it consistently, he could be a very, very good player. He's also played in all 10 of their league games and all 6 of their cup games in their run to the QF of the BetFred Cup, and was POTM for December - ahead of our entire team, ahead of Charlie Adam, and so on... Not saying he's going to come to us and be an instant starter, but surely you can agree that these are good things, and they point to him having a bit of ability and some potential to crack on... 

True story coming up. 

I once had a trial at Dunfermline when I was younger. We beat Livi and I had the game of my life, got offered to sign which I did. First game after signing we played Rangers at Murray Park and got skelped 5-0. I had a shocker and was told never to darken Hamish French’s door again. 

Moral of the story is 1 game doesn’t make a player!

9 hours ago, jambmoz said:

With a suspension almost inevitable that’s bound to be us finished for this window 

Probably this weekend may be the last scottish football games for a month ?

48 minutes ago, DS98 said:

True story coming up. 

I once had a trial at Dunfermline when I was younger. We beat Livi and I had the game of my life, got offered to sign which I did. First game after signing we played Rangers at Murray Park and got skelped 5-0. I had a shocker and was told never to darken Hamish French’s door again. 

... Which is why I said "if he can do it consistently"....

bigsuperslim1874
9 hours ago, jambo2524 said:

Scottish Premier Clubs income now under more financial threat re SC games and potential further action.

If we can 'afford it'  S Findlay from Kilmarnock a small fee or at least a pre-contract would be a very good addition to first team - 'A starter'.

The right age at 25, quick, good in the air, left sided knows our league very well.

Agreed - would be a cracking signing 

bigsuperslim1874
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

True story coming up. 

Seems a bit harsh to empty you after just one game 😂

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

True story coming up. 

A8354630-6F67-4F28-A20D-43613D115AC9.png

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

think he’s potentially a very good player

I agree his potentially a good player. Always liked when he played but he has not got many games. I thought he was had a bad injury record but looking at Transfermarkt apart from a bad cruciate that put him out for 7 months, he is about 1 injury a season which at most is a month and a half out (not unusual for a player.) 

Would be an intriguing one, and I hope he does well there as like seeing a young Scottish player kick on.

Any more news on signing players? 

Would take Moult but concerned about his fitness.

I wonder if we will have any targets in the english championship/preston? Considering Savage seems to be the main man for recruitment now.

8 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I wonder if we will have any targets in the english championship/preston? Considering Savage seems to be the main man for recruitment now.

Players can regress but if we go on what we know, Moult would be a good addition with a view to being back in the SPL.  

Proven he can score in the SPL, came across as quite a nippy sweetie with a bit fire in him (we need more like that ) , and he’s still a decent age.  

10 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Findlay, Kiltie and Campbell is the type of business we should be doing as an ambitious club. 

Who says we're not trying...?

LarrysRightFoot
27 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Who says we're not trying...?

Nobody. I’m just saying IMO those are the type of players we should pick up - good ages, experience of Scottish football, good attitudes (by the looks of it).

I’m sure there’s been players we have went for and missed out on before of this ilk but we really need to start pushing a new transfer philosophy.

12 hours ago, DC_92 said:

:lol:

The post I actually responded to is below. McInroy is the "him" referred to in your post and hence in my response, no?

Either way, the point applies to both players. Maybe they will end up being good, but I wondered if you had any more basis for saying they'd be "great additions" other than seeing them play against us once.

Well there's been a misunderstanding. My focus was on Turner and the info I gave was about him, not about McInroy. McInroy was mentioned and I agree with the person who brought him up that he's also good (hence why he plays for Celtic - they wouldn't still have him otherwise), but its Turner I would like us to sign and who I was talking about. 

Other than having a couple of Dunfermline supporting colleagues and family members who rate him very highly, and from the 2-3 Dunfermline games I've watched (inc the one v us), I just see something in him. Have you never seen a player and for some reason thought  "I like him..."...? 

10 hours ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Seems a bit harsh to empty you after just one game 😂

Think it was maybe heat of the moment stuff. But my old man was delighted he didn’t have to taxi me to Fife 3 times a week!

I know Louis Moult did well when he was up here at Motherwell but I'm not sure we should be gambling on a player who's been out for so long. Players who have had such serious injuries seldom reach their previous best. I'd hope that we have other irons in the fire. 

1 minute ago, dougal said:

I know Louis Moult did well when he was up here at Motherwell but I'm not sure we should be gambling on a player who's been out for so long. Players who have had such serious injuries seldom reach their previous best. I'd hope that we have other irons in the fire. 

Like Souttar.

You would have to take a risk on Moult if he was up for it. He's the kind of player that if he signed for Hearts would be out for six months injured...but if he signed for Blackpool would bang in 28 goals in 30 appearances :laugh:

I hope we're looking at pre contracts just now. Some players just don't fancy England and we're definitely the best of the rest, championship or not.

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You would have to take a risk on Moult if he was up for it. He's the kind of player that if he signed for Hearts would be out for six months injured...but if he signed for Blackpool would bang in 28 goals in 30 appearances :laugh:

I hope we're looking at pre contracts just now. Some players just don't fancy England and we're definitely the best of the rest, championship or not.

Yeah, I think his injury record plus our god awful luck aren't the best pairing. If we balanced that out with a 3rd striker who is happy to play 3rd fiddle but is competent enough to call on when needed that would be good. Duku at Raith would be cheap and likely happy to make the move. He seems decent enough too. 

Could be that regular rotation with Boyce might cut down the frequency of his injuries potentially too?

4 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

No signing news but I am told all efforts just now is on trying to move some on ....

bigsuperslim1874
2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Think it was maybe heat of the moment stuff. But my old man was delighted he didn’t have to taxi me to Fife 3 times a week!

😂 👍

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Kingsley is doing well.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've been having a think about Moult and I'm leaning towards the opinion that he's a bit too much of a risk. He had a few periods out with knee injuries before his big one so while you'd hope that the smaller injuries before were the cause and/or lead-up to the big injury, it was a recurring issue. Hopefully the big injury would have resulted in the relevant surgery etc correcting the issue, it looks like it was a recurring issue and there is always a chance it could happen again. We've had enough trouble with ACL injuries so personally, I would rather we steered clear and didn't take the risk on him. Knowing our luck, he'd come up here, score 10 goals then his ACL would go and that's all we'll ever see of him and will be stuck paying a high earner to sit on the treatment table. 

Been looking at Championship/League One players out of contract at the end of the season and Chuks Aneke has caught my eye again (I think I mentioned him last summer before he joined Charlton). I'm thinking he must at least be on the radar because Robbie signed him for MK Dons in 2016 then he moved to Charlton in 2019. He's a big Uche-shaped 6'3" pile of muscles, so should be good at the whole "holding up play" / "target man" thing... Arsenal Academy graduate, played for England youth sides, a sort of 2nd striker / no 10, but he's still got a decent number of goals to his name. I've looked up some scouting info and rumoured wages etc and he'll be on something like £3-4k p/w at Charlton, so he could be a possibility for us. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Moult is as big a risk as signing Souttar now would be.

Someone else signs him and he bangs em in RN and AB get crucified.

We do and he gets injured same thing.

A loan to seasons end won’t make much difference either. How many games is he gonna play?

I like him but risky bit of business 

Edited by Jamhammer

We hoped to have a striker in by the end of this week but with the new possibility of the league being stopped etc I believe we will need to wait on a player leaving the club (zlamal, damour etc) before we bring one in 

14 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

We hoped to have a striker in by the end of this week but with the new possibility of the league being stopped etc I believe we will need to wait on a player leaving the club (zlamal, damour etc) before we bring one in 

I wonder if either of them are close

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I wonder if either of them are close

Damour actively wants to leave, Bobby not so much but has been told his hearts career is over 

18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Damour actively wants to leave, Bobby not so much but has been told his hearts career is over 

Bobby is a solid No 2 goalie so there should hopefully be a team out there with a need....

17 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

He may want to actively leave, and I understand why he would, but will he leave for a short term contract under the current pandemic affecting things? Will he leave for a wage cut? And if he’s looking for security with a longer contract and similar wages - although understandable from his point of view and his family - means it will prove difficult to offload him I would say.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Getting rid off Damour would give us a good wage to sign a quality Striker. 

If Damour goes we'll no doubt have to pay off much of the 3 years remaining on his contract. Will cost a fortune to get him out the door.

Neil Dongcaster
2 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Bobby is a solid No 2 goalie so there should hopefully be a team out there with a need....

I would imagine it’s the first position to go during covid cuts. Easy enough to put a kid on the bench.

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He may want to actively leave, and I understand why he would, but will he leave for a short term contract under the current pandemic affecting things? Will he leave for a wage cut? And if he’s looking for security with a longer contract and similar wages - although understandable from his point of view and his family - means it will prove difficult to offload him I would say.

If he wants to leave that badly he's going to have to take a wage cut. He surely can't go and demand the same high wages based on his performances in a Hearts jersey since he was utter guff. There comes a point where a footballer has to accept that he's not as good as he thinks he is, and that he's failed at a certain level. When that happens you have no option but to take a step back. 

Hope we find someone for him soon. I've always hated the term, but I am utterly fed up having this wage thief on the books. 

20 minutes ago, casper said:

If Damour goes we'll no doubt have to pay off much of the 3 years remaining on his contract. Will cost a fortune to get him out the door.

That depends on whether he is released with part of his contract paid or whether he is transferred to another club. 

32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Getting rid off Damour would give us a good wage to sign a quality Striker. 

Getting rid of Damour in the current situation and with the time left of his lucrative contract would be a minor miracle.

We desperately need a new signing up front to take the pressure off Boyce so it would be great if we can move him on.

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If he wants to leave that badly he's going to have to take a wage cut. He surely can't go and demand the same high wages based on his performances in a Hearts jersey since he was utter guff. There comes a point where a footballer has to accept that he's not as good as he thinks he is, and that he's failed at a certain level. When that happens you have no option but to take a step back. 

Hope we find someone for him soon. I've always hated the term, but I am utterly fed up having this wage thief on the books. 

I dunno, he might get 4 grand a week or whatever he's on in Frances Ligue 2.

56 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Been told an offer of a six month loan already in for Damour but it involves Hearts picking up a hefty chunk of his wages.  Our new SD is sitting on that one to see what else might come up.

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, Cruyff said:

That depends on whether he is released with part of his contract paid or whether he is transferred to another club. 

I won’t pretend to know about Damour’s contract however I would imagine if we are going to have to pay him off then it will happen late into this window.

I would imagine that he has a relegation clause built into his contract that lowered his salary significantly it would therefore perhaps be significantly cheaper for us to pay him off whilst we are in the championship rather than waiting until we are promoted when his salary could go back up.

Pure guesswork of course.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

To be brutally honest he did that when he came here, the 4 year contract was probably to make up for a lower wage.

Fingers crossed he will be away permanently soon, even if it means some sort of payoff.  

4 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I won’t pretend to know about Damour’s contract however I would imagine if we are going to have to pay him off then it will happen late into this window.

I would imagine that he has a relegation clause built into his contract that lowered his salary significantly it would therefore perhaps be significantly cheaper for us to pay him off whilst we are in the championship rather than waiting until we are promoted when his salary could go back up.

Pure guesswork of course.

Would it surprise you to know that he didnt ... still on the same money as when he signed.

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Been told an offer of a six month loan already in for Damour but it involves Hearts picking up a hefty chunk of his wages.  Our new SD is sitting on that one to see what else might come up.

He'll be working a miracle if he can do better than that. 

The widest type of footballer,  who doesn't seem to have the heart or desire to play of to fit in to a new team. 

Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

He'll be working a miracle if he can do better than that. 

The widest type of footballer,  who doesn't seem to have the heart or desire to play of to fit in to a new team. 

He certainly will.  I am hearing good noises about our new SD though so he will be giving it his best try.  He would prefer people out the door before any more signings come in .

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I dunno, he might get 4 grand a week or whatever he's on in Frances Ligue 2.

Suppose he might aye. Also just wondering if there might be issues with a medical if he's still carrying this heel/ankle problem. Hopefully we can get him back up to a good level of fitness and get him out the door ASAP.  

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

To be brutally honest he did that when he came here, the 4 year contract was probably to make up for a lower wage.

Fingers crossed he will be away permanently soon, even if it means some sort of payoff.  

Definitely took a cut in terms of weekly wages to come here aye, but like you say this 4yr deal was probably worth a lot more than the year or so he had left with Cardiff. Just a shame he's been so pish because I wouldn't mind us paying a big wage to someone who was performing. Its the fact that he's been so utterly shite. 

4 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Would it surprise you to know that he didnt ... still on the same money as when he signed.

If that is true then it really beggars belief and makes one wonder what AB was thinking allowing CL to do this.

The money that has been wasted is really shocking.

18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He’s a year and a half into a 4 year contract. With the current situation players are well aware they may be furloughed or let go of football has to stop so stability is what they are looking for. GMS coming to a Championship side doesn’t really make sense football wise, but when you have a guaranteed contract for 2 and half years then it becomes more appealing. Damour sounds like a family man and he’s going to put the interests of his family before his own. So he won’t leave for a short term contract on crap wages when he’s got security of a contract at Hearts for another two and half. Which is perfectly understandable from his point of view. Things are bigger than football right now so it will have to be a decent offer for him to take it.

5 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Nobody. I’m just saying IMO those are the type of players we should pick up - good ages, experience of Scottish football, good attitudes (by the looks of it).

I’m sure there’s been players we have went for and missed out on before of this ilk but we really need to start pushing a new transfer philosophy.

Also think they would thrive at a bigger club, and be more confident in themselves , as the pressure to perform here would be a lot more than at their current club....

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s a year and a half into a 4 year contract. With the current situation players are well aware they may be furloughed or let go of football has to stop so stability is what they are looking for. GMS coming to a Championship side doesn’t really make sense football wise, but when you have a guaranteed contract for 2 and half years then it becomes more appealing. Damour sounds like a family man and he’s going to put the interests of his family before his own. So he won’t leave for a short term contract on crap wages when he’s got security of a contract at Hearts for another two and half. Which is perfectly understandable from his point of view. Things are bigger than football right now so it will have to be a decent offer for him to take it.

Absolutely. Good post. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )