January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

bobby bombscare

i'd go for Moult! Preferably a 6 month contract with option to extend or just  1 year deal. But in the position we're in, beggars can't be choosers i suppose. 

RN must have some plan in place though, considering how many are keen to sign for him..

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

This article is from back in September but he has had one major injury and would be a big risk.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-striker-louis-moult-will-not-be-rushed-back-serious-injury-2984143

Having read that about his injury, for that reason alone I wouldn't go anywhere near him just now. If he can prove his fitness between now and his contract being up, then I'd think again but far to much of a gamble at present.

LarrysRightFoot

We need somebody who can hit the ground running. No time for a player recovering from long term injury just now. 

Moult would be a good addition for next season potentially. 

4 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Surely bring Moult on loan first. Been out that long it’s a worry.

It would make sense but at the same time, would we get any benefit out of Moult on loan if he's been out a while? I imagine it'll take him a good bit of time to get up to speed and that's only if his injuries don't come back to haunt him. I liked Moult when he was at Motherwell but that was a wee while back now. If he was ready to start straight away then it would be worth a chance. It depends on his fitness levels right at this moment and if the powers that be think he'd be worth a punt.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

I keep hearing this ,its like some people are hoping the league is ended.

There has been almost zero chat of this scenario from the powers that be apart from a shot across Celtics bow yesterday re Dubai.

English managers have openly started saying the EPL should be halted.

lower leagues in England likely to be stopped

I’m afraid when that sort of chat openly starts momentum builds...

1 minute ago, David Black said:

Having read that about his injury, for that reason alone I wouldn't go anywhere near him just now. If he can prove his fitness between now and his contract being up, then I'd think again but far to much of a gamble at present.

Exactly my thoughts. We need someone who can help the team win promotion now,  not a "project" like we have done with the likes of White.

Moult will be nowhere near match fit and we need someone who can play more or less as soon as they arrive.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is moult a target man? Does seem similar to Boyce 

A bit more brawn and a bit less football than Boyce. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Took a bit of grief yesterday,  but selection of players is a tricky business. 

Injuries cost money in so many ways. Doctors physicians medicine burned wages. 

Yet these players are not readily available without flaws, baggage etc.

Its not necessarily a criticism of those responsible,  more a concern we don't repeat very recent and fresh in the memory,  recruitment disasters. 

However,  I appreciate that is not an easy job at all 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

In talks with Moults agent ive heard. 

Will be pre-contract for next season. He won’t be fit for much of this seasons remaining games 

Suppose if moult was fit and firing all cylinders then we wouldn’t be signing him. Would be a good signing with just a defender needed

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Was Brophy not the Scottish international? 

If we sorted the link between midfield and attack we could move Naismith up top. He done well for Scotland up top and is surprisingly not bad in the air as well as a physical presence.

What about that Scotland goal where GMS flick set Naismith up. Mouth watering 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stockley if he has learned to control his elbows would be ok. 

Think that was really the only issue at Aberdeen, but he did let them down more than once 

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

What’s the story with Moult? Looks like he hasn’t played this season. Is he injured?

Bad cruciate knee injury a year and a half ago.

All depends on how ready he is to play. Last 6 months in Preston has been about him being nearly ready to come back.

Obviously we have links with Preston through Jon Savage. 

Moult just started following Boyce and Heart of midlothian on twitter...🤔 

😂😂😂 literally posted within minutes of each other. 

I would be happy if Moult was in talks but I’m guessing you’ve read this and off a shitty rumour site or trying to put 2+2 together.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is moult a target man? Does seem similar to Boyce 

That was my initial thought, then having seen that he’s had a bad injury and hasn’t kicked a ball for over a year I think it might be just that he played at Preston. Maybe in the summer once he’s proved his fitness. 

132goals1958

It will be like a new signing when  John Souttar returns hopefully with all his injury woes behind him.He has undergone a lengthy rehabilitation period and it would be great to see him fulfill his undoubted potential.Good luck to him. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, 132goals1958 said:

It will be like a new signing when  John Souttar returns hopefully with all his injury woes behind him.He has undergone a lengthy rehabilitation period and it would be great to see him fulfill his undoubted potential.Good luck to him. 

Agreed but we can’t rely on that happening, we then are left scrambling about and end up the with likes of Popescu. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stockley if he has learned to control his elbows would be ok. 

Think that was really the only issue at Aberdeen, but he did let them down more than once 

I quite enjoyed his elbow smashing into Tierneys face and fracturing his jaw, got away with it too. Maybe our coach could give him some tips? Maybe not. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

132goals1958
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed but we can’t rely on that happening, we then are left scrambling about and end up the with likes of Popescu. 

Maybe not but in these gloomy times a little positive thinking doesn't go amiss 😀 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe not but in these gloomy times a little positive thinking doesn't go amiss 😀 

Indeed it’s does, not my strongpoint 🙄🙈

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Moult just started following Boyce and Heart of midlothian on twitter...🤔 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

So......

Minutes after you check who Moult follows on Twitter you are coincidentally told we are in talks with his agent ?

Lets be honest....

You’ve checked who Moult is following and given he’s just started following Boyce and Hearts, you’ve recognised this is by no means a mistake so you’ve made up the second part about him being in talks.

All to look like you’re “ITK”.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:laugh2: that puts that one to bed. 

He'd fit in perfectly actually, we love a long-term injury or six.

Louis moult has been contacted and has been in talks for the last 2 days, he’s not the only one however we have a 4 man shortlist of strikers we are keen on. The signing I mentioned happening before Monday of course has happened already now but been told we want the striker in by next wed/thurs. may not be our final piece of business either I believe there’s a couple players who we have interest in for summer may be available this month. Onto our Current players the loans out still will continue and any player we want to keep who’s contract is running out in summer has now been spoken too 👍🏻 Suggestions it’s going to be an exciting summer 

You would think with a name like "Agent Jambo" he would get a scoop eventually, only if he camps out at Riccarton methinks, as it's yet another who posts gash.

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

I agree hopefully he can come back and put the injuries behind him.

However I still think we need a mobile ball winning centre half to come in. Last year showed that Halkett and Souttar as a pairing unfortunately don’t work, unlike a good few on here I quite like halkett. 

Now that Berra has lost his legs we really miss someone like him or Zal who could be depended on to win everything in the air. Findlay looks like a good shout from what I’ve seen, Gallagher I think will go to a bigger team. 

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You would think with a name like "Agent Jambo" he would get a scoop eventually, only if he camps out at Riccarton methinks, as it's yet another who posts gash.

I thought his/her soul aim on here is to ridicule/debunk anything Daza gives out - incidentally someone who does post genuine info, not all comes off but a lot has.

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Louis moult has been contacted and has been in talks for the last 2 days, he’s not the only one however we have a 4 man shortlist of strikers we are keen on. The signing I mentioned happening before Monday of course has happened already now but been told we want the striker in by next wed/thurs. may not be our final piece of business either I believe there’s a couple players who we have interest in for summer may be available this month. Onto our Current players the loans out still will continue and any player we want to keep who’s contract is running out in summer has now been spoken too 👍🏻 Suggestions it’s going to be an exciting summer 

Cheers mate it’s always good to get updates 👍

8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Excellent update,  thanks @Jamboj1.   Feeling more optimistic than a couple of weeks ago, that’s for sure 😊

11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Thank you 🙏. Any names other than Moult. 

TyphoonJambo
13 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I assume Moult is one for next season and one of the other 4 for the rest of this one.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Thank you 🙏. Any names other than Moult. 

No worries guys, unfortunately not mate It’s usually more general stuff I get of “we are close to a striker signing by wednesday” etc but any info is better then none in my eyes 👍🏻

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

I assume Moult is one for next season and one of the other 4 for the rest of this one.

I think this could be the case, not been told personally what the deal is but joining the dots it seems so or will be a moult loan with a pre contract on the table like the brophy to st Mirren deal 👍🏻All depends on moults current fitness I guess

7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

Well he’s just came on today for them 

😂😂

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

😂😂

And Andy Walker said "Brophy, who was supposed to sign a pre contract...." on Gillette Saturday.

John Findlay
7 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

You could be right. He is playing for them this season though.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And Andy Walker said "Brophy, who was supposed to sign a pre contract...." on Gillette Saturday.

I never listen to that wee w anker 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

😂😂

He's on loan to them  for the remainder of this season. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )