January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The St Liedown deal is not water tight, it leaks and reaks.

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

A quite unbelievable statement that is.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

thanks.. still extremely puzzled Brophy chose stmirren.. 

Probably threw their entire wage budget at him with a long deal and crazy bonuses. No way anyone in their right mind would want to take that step down without huge financial incentive.

10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

You get it, not inside your head clearly. It will come though.

OK, I'll ride the bus to the next stop (if, for no other reason, it's keeps me from thinking about that dancing dick gordon)... are you hinting at a Hearts link?... a swap for Zlamal or the like?

lost in space
13 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

All i am going to say about is, Bophry will not play for Liedown in the SPL next season.

OK - let me guess!!

Aberdeen want him but cant afford wages. St Midden sign him on pre-contract. Killie get pissed off and loan him to St Mirren. At end of season Brophy rips up pre-contract (as agreed with St Midden) and he signs for Aberdeen.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

OK - let me guess!!

Aberdeen want him but cant afford wages. St Midden sign him on pre-contract. Killie get pissed off and loan him to St Mirren. At end of season Brophy rips up pre-contract (as agreed with St Midden) and he signs for Aberdeen.

But why does he not just sign a pre contract with the sheep?

Edited by Italian Lambretta

adambraejambo
15 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Ok let's suppose this is true. Why on Earth would we want a player that had a chance to join us but he picked St Mirren over us. It not as if he  was a foreign player with no knowledge of the 2 clubs and just went for the highest offer. He could be in the papers tomorrow saying he has made a mistake and I'd hope Hearts would tell him to GTF. Hope he enjoys his 3 and a bit years in Paisley. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

He would hopefully help us till end of season.  Some striker from Wimbledon was mentioned too. But would demand a fee.

Joe Piggot?

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

OK, I'll ride the bus to the next stop (if, for no other reason, it's keeps me from thinking about that dancing dick gordon)... are you hinting at a Hearts link?... a swap for Zlamal or the like?

Let's say you bought an all day ticket for the bus, without thinking or looking at the small print you instantly accept all conditions agreements etc, take a seat on the SPL 2021-22 bus. A nice comfy plush seat , heated. Pure brilliant comfy as ****. 6 miles into the journey the bus starts to make a noise , bang goes the engine bus is ****ed. So your sitting thinking it is ok a replacement bus will come along. Nope the one and only bus to the SPL that year has been put together by rats, get the thumb out.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Let's say you bought an all day ticket for the bus, without thinking or looking at the small print you instantly accept all conditions agreements etc, take a seat on the SPL 2021-22 bus. A nice comfy plush seat , heated. Pure brilliant comfy as ****. 6 miles into the journey the bus starts to make a noise , bang goes the engine bus is ****ed. So your sitting thinking it is ok a replacement bus will come along. Nope the one and only bus to the SPL that year has been put together by rats, get the thumb out.

Ah,a swap for the thumb, get you now😉

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

...wants to sign for us, but only if we're in the SPL next season? As st liedown or killie likely to be relegated?... that's all I've got. My stop is is the next one. Ding! Ding! Been fun though!

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Ok let's suppose this is true. Why on Earth would we want a player that had a chance to join us but he picked St Mirren over us. It not as if he  was a foreign player with no knowledge of the 2 clubs and just went for the highest offer. He could be in the papers tomorrow saying he has made a mistake and I'd hope Hearts would tell him to GTF. Hope he enjoys his 3 and a bit years in Paisley. 

I did not say he turned us down.

Maybe Brophy just fancied the bright lights of........Paisley! 

Or, he just doesn't have any ambition. If i were him i'd rather stay at Killie but if he's had some sort of face-off with his manager then maybe he just wants out and St Midden were the first club to get in contact. I can't see there being much difference between these clubs wage-wise. Something about this move doesn't smell right to me, something dodgy going on. 

On Mr Savage...it will be great for us to spread our net much wider and there will be plenty decent players down south sniffing about for a new challenge at another club. That's a positive. Slight negative being that his knowledge of down south could lead to him ignoring any potential in our own Leagues which is where good scouting comes in. I'd hate for us to lose out on some exciting prospects here at the expense of a couple of journey-men from the lower echelons of England. We're done with that now, unless an amazing prospect appears on the scene. Right now i'd be happy if we could find a way of being able to sort out a deal for Jimmy Dunne or Toby Sibbick on pre-contracts. These two would be classed as good signings with big sell-on potential in future. Both young, both big and physical, ideal for the Premier and it would show to the rest of Scottish football that we're back on course to where we should be. No more laughing stock. Plenty players who need emptied so cash saved by losing about half a dozen or more would cover the wage for these two,and free up some space for our youngsters to flourish. 

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

I heard through a mate Brophy was getting £3k a week to sign for St Midden 

Ah.

I may as well stay on the bus,  get the pieces on sugar out.

In the depth of everything going on, hiding in the darkest corners. Illegal taking the piss type contracts are being  backed by bingo pen sellers.

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Or, he just doesn't have any ambition. If i were him i'd rather stay at Killie but if he's had some sort of face-off with his manager then maybe he just wants out and St Midden were the first club to get in contact. I can't see there being much difference between these clubs wage-wise. Something about this move doesn't smell right to me, something dodgy going on. 

On Mr Savage...it will be great for us to spread our net much wider and there will be plenty decent players down south sniffing about for a new challenge at another club. That's a positive. Slight negative being that his knowledge of down south could lead to him ignoring any potential in our own Leagues which is where good scouting comes in. I'd hate for us to lose out on some exciting prospects here at the expense of a couple of journey-men from the lower echelons of England. We're done with that now, unless an amazing prospect appears on the scene. Right now i'd be happy if we could find a way of being able to sort out a deal for Jimmy Dunne or Toby Sibbick on pre-contracts. These two would be classed as good signings with big sell-on potential in future. Both young, both big and physical, ideal for the Premier and it would show to the rest of Scottish football that we're back on course to where we should be. No more laughing stock. Plenty players who need emptied so cash saved by losing about half a dozen or more would cover the wage for these two,and free up some space for our youngsters to flourish. 

Yeah, I would put a Jimmy Dunne type as a priority... tbh, I thought this window would be full of players wanting a move or to secure their future given what's happened in the last 8 months or so. I get there's a lot less money flying about due to not having fans at grounds... but I feel we're in a better position than most compared to the Prem and Championship. I actually did feel we'd have the pick of the bunch (which we maybe do, after securing GMS yesterday.)

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I appreciate that you're a huge fan of Jimmy Dunne, but if I was you I'd get used to the idea that it won't be happening.

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Someone has a fabulous imagination...........

Awryt then.

It is not worth the paper it is written on.

lost in space
32 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

But why does he not just sign a pre contract with the sheep?

The sheep havnt the money till end of season. Brophy knew Killie would not play him if he signed pre-contract for any team so St Midden and Aberdeen put this together.

I am only guessing though.

What’s the big love in with Brophy, just can’t see what all the fuss is about. Decent player but certainly no worth hanging about waiting for him. He’s signed for someone else and should we get promoted far better players out there. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I appreciate that you're a huge fan of Jimmy Dunne, but if I was you I'd get used to the idea that it won't be happening.

Your probably right but he's the sort of player we should be looking at. I understand that financially it might not be a possibility but if you don't ask you don't get. These last few years have shown that sniffing around the scraps has more often than not, failed us and is partly to blame for the situation we've found ourselves in. The point is we will have to replace Berra next season anyway and the reason Dunne's name comes up, not just by me, is that he would appear to be a natural replacement. Left-footed, decent in the air in defence and attack, doesn't get pushed around, knows the club already and might fancy a crack for a couple of years here to make a name for himself (didn't do Davie Weir any harm) and a potential big transfer fee in future for HMFC. Speculate to accumulate, but within our means. 

Edited by jambonian

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What’s the big love in with Brophy, just can’t see what all the fuss is about. Decent player but certainly no worth hanging about waiting for him. He’s signed for someone else and should we get promoted far better players out there. 

Not a love-in, I agree with you, no better than lots of others... just strange. GMS is done and dusted and we need something else to fight over until the next potential signing target arrives 👍

Rick Sanchez

We should try and get Findlay on a pre contract. Left sided, sticks his head on everything and can play from the back.

Findlay, Kingsley and GMS down the left, done!

Edit: We might even get him now if Alex Dyer tells him to **** off :laugh:

Edited by Rick Sanchez

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Not a love-in, I agree with you, no better than lots of others... just strange. GMS is done and dusted and we need something else to fight over until the next potential signing target arrives 👍

Jason Cummings? (only joking)

Jamboscanbevicius

Great first week for Joe Savage: GMS looks a very good signing, and tying up Smith contract is important.

Would like to see us tie up a contract extension for Kingsley now.

A CH like Stuart Findlay or Declan Gallacher would be excellent. Both out of contract end of season.

Haven’t seen a lot of him but the young lad Thomas Robert at Airdrie seems to be attracting attention. Could be a good move if we can’t keep Gino beyond end of the season.

Would also be good if he can try and move on the likes of Damour, Frear, and maybe even Roberts.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Your probably right but he's the sort of player we should be looking at. I understand that financially it might not be a possibility but if you don't ask you don't get. These last few years have shown that sniffing around the scraps has more often than not, failed us and is partly to blame for the situation we've found ourselves in. The point is we will have to replace Berra next season anyway and the reason Dunne's name comes up, not just by me, is that he would appear to be a natural replacement. Left-footed, decent in the air in defence and attack, doesn't get pushed around, knows the club already and might fancy a crack for a couple of years here to make a name for himself and a potential big transfer fee in future for HMFC. Speculate to accumulate, but within our means. 

He has played and scored in the Premier League for Burnley this season, I think it's likely he will fancy staying there and trying to force his way into the team more regularly. Burnley will cash in on James Tarkowski at some point so Dunne will want to be around when that happens.

He was great for us when he was here and seemed to enjoy his time here but he is an unrealistic option at the moment. Appreciate what you are saying though.

Dunne is just a continuation we've got on this board of wanting to bring back players who have played for us previously. He would definitely be one of the better ones to bring back but we need to widen our scope. Plenty good players out there if we look hard enough.

Stuart Findlay is a good shout I think. Left sided and will definitely be within budget. He's one of the few Premiership players I'd like to see us go for.

Gorgie Boot boy
15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I am glad i never said we were signing Brophy

22 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Awryt then.

It is not worth the paper it is written on.

I really don’t want to be dragged into some ridiculous back and forth discussion on this.....

However......

If I’ve picked you up correctly.....

The lad signs a pre contract agreement at the start of the week. A contract which you are apparently saying is full of holes and won’t be upheld.

Now you’ve got this information, yet somehow it’s bypassed the player, his agent and probably his lawyer too.......so much so he actually signs for St Mirren yesterday.

You’ll need to excuse me for having an incredible amount of doubt about your post. 

8 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Great first week for Joe Savage: GMS looks a very good signing, and tying up Smith contract is important.

A CH like Stuart Findlay or Declan Gallacher would be excellent. Both out of contract end of season.

Haven’t seen a lot of him but the young lad Thomas Robert at Airdrie seems to be attracting attention. Could be a good move if we can’t keep Gino beyond end of the season.

Would also be good if he can try and move on the likes of Damour, Frear, and maybe even Roberts.

Regarding Declan Gallacher... taken from Ewan Murrays twitter account: 

Motherwell must love this. No manager, struggling. They develop a player and someone briefs that he doesn’t want to play contracted games

Nuts.

gall.jpg

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I really don’t want to be dragged into some ridiculous back and forth discussion on this.....

However......

The lad signs a pre contract agreement at the start of the week. A contract which you are apparently saying is full of holes and won’t be upheld.

Now you’ve got this information, yet somehow it’s bypassed the player, his agent and probably his lawyer too.......so much so he actually signs for St Mirren yesterday.

You’ll need to excuse me for having an incredible amount of doubt about your post. 

One of many that wont hold water when it matters.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

15 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

I think this is more down to Murray blowing his trumpet. Lets face it clubs should always be scouting promising players from the lower leagues and will hardly be broadcasting who they are watching.

LarrysRightFoot

I think GMS is a good signing. 

Sounds like we are carrying on as normal which I guess we have to - but I really think the lower league season, in particular, could get ended next week. 

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think GMS is a good signing. 

Sounds like we are carrying on as normal which I guess we have to - but I really think the lower league season, in particular, could get ended next week. 

I keep hearing this ,its like some people are hoping the league is ended.

There has been almost zero chat of this scenario from the powers that be apart from a shot across Celtics bow yesterday re Dubai.

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

There has been almost zero chat of this scenario from the powers that be apart from a shot across Celtics bow yesterday re Dubai.

Correct fake news.

Rick Sanchez
33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Regarding Declan Gallacher... taken from Ewan Murrays twitter account: 

Motherwell must love this. No manager, struggling. They develop a player and someone briefs that he doesn’t want to play contracted games

Nuts.

gall.jpg

Oofftt :laugh:

Get him played in those six games and get the prick transfer listed. He would weaken Celtic further so let them bid for him.

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The thing is, in this case, the powers that be are the SFA and SPFL... their silence is defining. If we had any sort of leadership, they would be all over this.

As I said on another thread, there is literally NOTHING that the SPFL can say or do right now, that would be good for shellick. They are absolutely sh**ing themselves at the moment. In my opinion. Where's dungcaster?

So who are we targeting next? 

Someone mentioned a Scottish capped striker earlier. Whats the goss???

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Johnny Russell:callme:

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Signed new contract.  Not him!

Damn it!!!!

Plenty to pick from,sure Joe will have a list.

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Cummings. 

LarrysRightFoot
35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Aye mate I’ve got so much to keep me entertained, I really want the season ended. 

Yes, there’s vaccines but the infections and hospitalisations are far higher than they were when last season was called.

I think we are only team out with the Prem following the twice a week testing (?). Other clubs can’t afford it understandably. The comments and tone of yesterday’s Scots Gov statement make it sound as though it’s definitely on the table. 

If numbers continue to get worse I think they will call the lower league season. Just my thoughts/opinion.

LarrysRightFoot
19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Johnny Russell:callme:

Would be fantastic but can’t see it. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

However......

I think the guy needs help tbh. All over this forum spewing absolute nonsense. Like someones gave a 12 year old with ADHD their laptop and just let him run wild. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )