January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

GMS sounds like a cracking signing on paper however i will wait until i see him on the pitch before raving about him, Very much hope he is a great signing for us.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:lol:

Crew neck is more my thing, or cardigans 

Cardigan Crew 🤣🤣 thats yer weekend lot , weekday is the tweed jacket and elbow patch mob.

Wonder if Aberdeens own Grandaddy Casual Ally is even alive anymore? Not seen him or Hightower or any of that lot since i floored them in Bells one night 

9 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Nothing wrong with using the system properly, more sides should offer players to clubs like Cove.

Cove had a good thing going with Aberdeen not sure if thats subsided a bit now. Maybe Aberdeen had a huff because Cove have their nice new shiny stadium now and Aberdeen don’t

Forgot about Hibs and Stenny and Hibs asking a team to make them their Stenny....

Edited by sadj

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, sadj said:

Cove had a good thing going with Aberdeen not sure if thats subsided a bit now. Maybe Aberdeen had a huff because Cove have their nice new shiny stadium now and Aberdeen don’t

They are a club with ambition, have put good money into their set up. I haven't saw much of them other than clips on Youtube recently. Kelty Hearts who are also ambitious, plenty of others out there to use in developing our in between players.

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

They are a club with ambition, have put good money into their set up. I haven't saw much of them other than clips on Youtube recently. Kelty Hearts who are also ambitious, plenty of others out there to use in developing our in between players.

Indeed most Highland League Chairmen were happy to get them to **** as it was financially like Celtic and Rangers playing in League 2. Be interesting when they get up again to see if they can pull in crowds or if it tails off like ICT

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Indeed most Highland League Chairmen were happy to get them to **** as it was financially like Celtic and Rangers playing in League 2. Be interesting when they get up again to see if they can pull in crowds or if it tails off like ICT

Treating your neighbors with respect is key to generating a love in, the landlords though can GTF.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Treating your neighbors with respect is key to generating a love in, the landlords though can GTF.

Cove moved there stadium to Altens not sure how much of a disconnect it brought. The financial clout of the Balmoral Group obv helps though

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, sadj said:

Cove moved there stadium to Altens not sure how much of a disconnect it brought. The financial clout of the Balmoral Group obv helps though

My comment was more aimed at Aberdeen and the Rantic, i would be in favor of  a complete over haul of the league system, using clubs who are ambitious as the marker for playing in SPL 2

28 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Cheers. I can't see the injury stats on that site. That's what I was referring to. They don't look too bad to me.

Agreed, 251 days injured in a 10 year career seems pretty normal, definitely not "injury prone". Although I'm not actually sure anyone has even suggested that. Couple of posters had a wee barny based on Chinese whispers from what I can see.

Cut The Crap
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

In what sense is he half-fit?

(or a has-been, for that matter?)

Maybe a little harsh, but 30-something games and 3 goals in the past two years don't exactly scream "peak of condition and firing on all cylcinders".

He also seems to almost exactly fit the template of the signings that have got us into our current sorry state in the first place.

I had been hoping for evidence of a fresh approach with the change in manager, but I'm not seeing it.

Anyway, as I said, I hope he proves me wrong!

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Thanks for posting that. Joe comes across well. 

Someone who is relishing the times ahead, itching to get stuck in. Make a name for himself and spill the beans.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

My comment was more aimed at Aberdeen and the Rantic, i would be in favor of  a complete over haul of the league system, using clubs who are ambitious as the marker for playing in SPL 2

Na we have to keep Brechin in the leagues at all costs.....

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Na we have to keep Brechin in the leagues at all costs.....

Brechin need re educated, helped get their act together.

Embarrassing state of affairs.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

John Murray still head of recruitment then. :lol:

Unbelievable! Hopefully Savage is giving himself time to settle in before giving him his jotters.

Gimme an H...
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

John Murray still head of recruitment then. :lol:

Not listened to the interview yet, did JS say this? 

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

just listened. He was mentioned specifically. Don’t think he said anything about Jim jefferies 

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

Yeah. 

Look, I'm not sure of how bad a job John Murray has actually done, I've moaned before and had it pointed out that he would suggest targets like Eamon Brophy and then be ignored by Levein. The same Levein who was given a blank canvas on which to paint his football dream and ****ed it up in a way I don't think anyone can quite fathom. 

So I'm not saying Murray has done a bad job, but I do want to see fresh eyes. Our recruitment has been absolutely dire and the recruitment of Frear and Roberts don't lend credibility here. I would like to see a change. 

19 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

“On paper Messi should be a good signing but he’s not scored much this season” - Hearts fans 

Behave 

far too wee for Scottish football

Gimme an H...
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah. 

Look, I'm not sure of how bad a job John Murray has actually done, I've moaned before and had it pointed out that he would suggest targets like Eamon Brophy and then be ignored by Levein. The same Levein who was given a blank canvas on which to paint his football dream and ****ed it up in a way I don't think anyone can quite fathom. 

So I'm not saying Murray has done a bad job, but I do want to see fresh eyes. Our recruitment has been absolutely dire and the recruitment of Frear and Roberts don't lend credibility here. I would like to see a change. 

The bit in bold is what concerns me. I thought JS was coming for recruitment among other things. Feel a bit deflated that John Murray is still here as I've put our shitey signings down to him. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

“On paper Messi should be a good signing but he’s not scored much this season” - Hearts fans 

Bit wee 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bit wee 

Ha. Was my first thought. Plus, would he want Scott Brown kicking him all game and getting nothing from the ref?

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Joe mentioned John's name in amongst the people who are part of the recruitment set up, also mentioned Ann, no mention of JJ.

I wouldn't make any judgement on Joe yet, he was just naming names involved.

6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Joe mentioned John's name in amongst the people who are part of the recruitment set up, also mentioned Ann, no mention of JJ.

I wouldn't make any judgement on Joe yet, he was just naming names involved.

Make no judgement , is this your first day on JKB

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, sadj said:

Make no judgement , is this your first day on JKB

Fair point.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Hearts fans screaming ANOUNCE GMS!! at the hearts Twitter feed when they literally announce him is peak hearts fans right now 😂

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, kila said:

1610126820gmsnewbanner.jpg

Looks like a summer's day

Superb signing. 

Even better if perma tan mcinnes also wanted him 🖕😂😂

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Oooft here it comes.

Hearts are going up.

Do do do do do do

Hearts are going up.

• redm changed the title to January transfer window (GMS signs - updated)
  • davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )