January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve got absolutely zero interest in arguing with you. You’re correct and my eyes/memory are wrong. Cheers

Oh that old chestnut.

I know for a fact that Hearts like everyone else watched him, they did not speak to him or have him in training. There was no deal offered and no we let him go.

Your eyes may be cock eyed for all i know, maybe you saw him in the wing mirror of the Bingo bus.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Oh that old chestnut.

I know for a fact that Hearts like everyone else watched him, they did not speak to him or have him in training. There was no deal offered and no we let him go.

Your eyes may be cock eyed for all i know, maybe you saw him in the wing mirror of the Bingo bus.

Are you wearing your stone island gear whilst attempting to argue with a stranger on the internet? 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Are you wearing your stone island gear whilst attempting to argue with a stranger on the internet? 

Did you practice that before you posted it, maybe you used a mirror to psych yourself up.

You can body swerve all you like, no one has any evidence on the claims.

Been mentioned on a Dundee Utd forum that Butcher is joining Hearts in January.

no idea if any truth or not but wouldn’t be too surprising if true

3 minutes ago, hunts said:

He is bang average so I hope to **** he isn’t!!

Robbie said himself he wouldn’t sign anyone unless they were better than what we have. He isn’t anywhere near better than what we already have in his position 

4 minutes ago, hunts said:

Just what we need another one paced midfielder!!! The guys honking 

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Just what we need another one paced midfielder!!! The guys honking 

Exactly. We need some pace and invention in mdfield not another defensive midfielder.

Gorgie Boot boy
6 minutes ago, hunts said:

What has Matt Butcher got to do with Dundee United ?

Just now, wavydavy said:

Exactly. We need some pace and invention in mdfield not another defensive midfielder.

Correct, a box to box midfielder would be a welcome addition

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

We will prob sign Pat Butcher 

Butcher has a contract with Accrington Stanley

1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Butcher has a contract with Accrington Stanley

Yeh a 2 year one that he’s just signed 

played for at Johnstone also but don’t remember him tbh 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Yeh a 2 year one that he’s just signed 

played for at Johnstone also but don’t remember him tbh 

That was why i asked what has  Dundee United got to do with him, seemingly was on their fans forum

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

That was why i asked what has  Dundee United got to do with him, seemingly was on their fans forum

Because it is not Matt butcher but Calum butcher

6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Because we’ve previously been lined with their midfielder called Butcher

Gorgie Boot boy
34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Because it is not Matt butcher but Calum butcher

Oh,Wrong Butcher, Thanks for clearing that up. I have no idea if Callum Butcher is worth looking at. He has a solid contract at Dundee United, seems to be playing regular.

Not sure how it would work, or why Dundee United would be up for any deal right now.

These are strange times though.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

He is talking shite mate, read something in the paper and thinks it is big news. There are two players called Thomas Roberts, one was training with the vermin. The other plays For Airdrie.

Hang on how am I talking shite here? What part of what i said are you claiming to be wrong? 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Hang on how am I talking shite here? What part of what i said are you claiming to be wrong? 

We can always wait and see what happens, paper talk.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Get rid of Damour and throw his wages at Jackson Irvine if we're financially able.

100% this. Everything about Butcher screams one of those faceless cast of thousand journeymen types that offer the sum total of **** all to the club. 

Irvine has at least played at a decent level consistently and performed in the SPFL. 

Butcher isn't an SPFL top flight signing. He's a no mark journeyman considerably worse than what we've got. Halliday is excellent cover for Haring. We don't need Butcher. 

A silly waste of money. Better save the wage and put it towards a bit of real quality like Irvine. 

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

We can always wait and see what happens, paper talk.

I didn’t claim he would sign? I just know we have geniune interest in him as do many others 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

I didn’t claim he would sign? I just know we have geniune interest in him as do many others 

You know because it was in the papers, same reason as the rest of us know. Then you added other stuff onto it.

Put your hand up to it, i do it when i mess up.

4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A player I've always thought would improve us and be obtainable is Steven Caulker. With there currently being a shortage of options at international level, he should be considered for a call up (if he wants to be capped for Scotland). 

Not sure you have done your homework. Caulker is currently a regular with Alanyaspor who are vying for the Turkish Super League title. He also has an England cap. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure you have done your homework. Caulker is currently a regular with Alanyaspor who are vying for the Turkish Super League title. He also has an England cap. 

On England cap was a friendly and he has apparently said he'd be keen to play for Scotland given the chance (assume covid has played some role as he's playing in Turkey). 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm not sure you've done yours either. His England cap came in a friendly, meaning he's still eligible to play for Scotland. There's been chat about him swapping to Scotland for years.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1772233/ex-dundee-and-england-stopper-steven-caulker-wants-to-play-for-scotland-at-euro-2020/

I agree he's not an obtainable target for us, though.

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm not sure you've done yours either. His England cap came in a friendly, meaning he's still eligible to play for Scotland. There's been chat about him swapping to Scotland for years.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1772233/ex-dundee-and-england-stopper-steven-caulker-wants-to-play-for-scotland-at-euro-2020/

Is a target though

1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Chat maybe, largely media when he had a brief spell with Dundee, but given where he is currently at career wise much more chance of him getting cap 2 for England than cap 1 for Scotland. 

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Is a target though

You have to be kidding surely? He will be on English championship +  wages and he has just extended his contract so it would require a transfer fee and probably £15-20k per week in wage costs. 

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Correct, a box to box midfielder would be a welcome addition

A midfielder who can pass the ball forwards would be a welcome addition 😀

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Chat maybe, largely media when he had a brief spell with Dundee, but given where he is currently at career wise much more chance of him getting cap 2 for England than cap 1 for Scotland. 

Speaking to talkSPORT, he said: “I was asked to play for Scotland at the age of 19, but I had pressure to go down another route.

“Things have obviously changed and I would love to play for Scotland.

“I’ve made my feelings clear, so it’s about continuing what I’m doing at the moment and keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

That is from a month ago. He's clearly got far more chance of playing for Scotland than England at this stage, but that's by the by. Despite not having done their homework, the OP was quite correct about him being eligible for Scotland. His England cap from 2012 is completely irrelevant.

Edited by DC_92

Gorgie Boot boy
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You have to be kidding surely? He will be on English championship +  wages and he has just extended his contract so it would require a transfer fee and probably £15-20k per week in wage costs. 

Hearts have been keeping tabs on this one, i am not suggesting we will be able to do any business.

Gorgie Boot boy
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we please change the name Jambos Kickback to post a comment and await GorgieBoot Boy's response.com 🤣

Watch this

17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Can we please change the name Jambos Kickback to post a comment and await GorgieBoot Boy's response.com 🤣

🤣

17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Guy is ****ing mental 😂😂

14 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Hearts have been keeping tabs on this one, i am not suggesting we will be able to do any business.

💩💩💩💩

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He is bang average so I hope to **** he isn’t!!

Robbie said himself he wouldn’t sign anyone unless they were better than what we have. He isn’t anywhere near better than what we already have in his position 

Butcher is utter shite imo. 

Makes guys like Gogic look like Pirlo. 

I know a team is a sum of all its parts but no, no thanks, just no. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Will get slated here but with Sow fit and banging in goals would he be such a bad 18 month signing? Something different from

what we currently have up top.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe our back four needs a bit better protection than they're getting at the moment.

We're shelling goals left right and centre atm.

Edited by ramrod

Gogic is a decent spoiler...Haring is a good spoiler and a baller. Not so much last night but still :laugh:

We're one centre back and one physical striker away from a good spine. Really need some good scouting work on wingers. Step up Mr Savage!

Butcher would seem very unlikely in January given we have 4 CMs that Robbie seems to like and we've signed Halliday since we were linked with him.

2 hours ago, hunts said:

I really hope not, a massive uninspiring signing that will be no better than what we have and further restrict any younger players getting a chance

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Butcher is utter shite imo. 

Makes guys like Gogic look like Pirlo. 

I know a team is a sum of all its parts but no, no thanks, just no. 

14-3 would still be unacceptable for some. 😜

It is an away game mate.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )