• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

15 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts warrants the abuse for jogging around with his head down and not looking interested. 

I've no time for that and hopefully the coaching staff don't either, hence why he's disappeared.

Harsh. 😄

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Roberts clearly has something,  he keeps getting picked up,  but he's ****ing great at hiding it 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

That's Positive Thinking!

Just spinning through the windmills in my mind

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would keep Frear if we keep anyone, but with GMS, Ginnelly (hopefully), Henderson and White I think we have plenty of wide cover so he's a bit surplus now and hasn't done anything to suggest he could hold down a regular starting spot. Roberts was bought partly as an auxiliary striker I think to provide some height up front. We don't need him at all now. A Championship club would probably take him off our hands on loan. A 2 year contract was a bit of a misstep there, especially when we let Morrison leave and he's done quite well at Falkirk.

Morrison is at his level. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles back in the championship. Still don't think till this day the winger has crossed a decent ball yet. Don't think he ever crossed a half decent ball for us. And if he's not got the hang of it after 10 years of playing as a winger, I don't think we could have really afforded him much more time to figure out how to. Wish him all the best and maybe what he needs is a position change to a striker or attacking mid? But the main job of a winger is to provide crosses and Berra's cross the other week was better than anything I ever saw from Morrison. Feel for the boy but I'm sure someone will find a way to utilise his pace to make a career for him. Either way I doubt he's a championship level winger, never mind a Prem level winger. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Morrison is at his level. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles back in the championship. Still don't think till this day the winger has crossed a decent ball yet. Don't think he ever crossed a half decent ball for us. And if he's not got the hang of it after 10 years of playing as a winger, I don't think we could have really afforded him much more time to figure out how to. Wish him all the best and maybe what he needs is a position change to a striker or attacking mid? But the main job of a winger is to provide crosses and Berra's cross the other week was better than anything I ever saw from Morrison. Feel for the boy but I'm sure someone will find a way to utilise his pace to make a career for him. Either way I doubt he's a championship level winger, never mind a Prem level winger. 

Not a fan of CM then 😄

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Harsh. 😄

:laugh:

Sorry, I just think it was a waste of cash with Moore sitting doing nothing. I don't think Roberts is capable of Moore's performances last season and that's exactly what Neilson wanted and described Roberts with providing.

32 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just saying he was part of that team effort. He did set up at least one goal in the Dundee game I think.

In the Hibs game his constant loss of possession could have had us beat within 15 mins.  He is just not interested. A panic buy cos we had no wingers. Laid ball back for Kingsley goal v Dundee which was nicely done but he plays often like he has no idea what others are doing. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Under the floodlight
7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

Sorry, I just think it was a waste of cash with Moore sitting doing nothing. I don't think Roberts is capable of Moore's performances last season and that's exactly what Neilson wanted and described Roberts with providing.

Roberts could be found out without a doubt, when he has to wear the Statsport technology if he's still here that is?

bobby bombscare
50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just don't think we need him now, out wide or up front even as backup. Halliday offers something in a position where we don't have many other options although I agree he's not been brilliant. 

what exactly has Halliday offered in that position? a couple of goals to go with plenty of absolute howlers when free on goals. Not a physical presence, cant touch Irvine for passing, not steady as a defensive mid... At least Roberts provides pace. only thing he provides but it's still 1 more than Halliday.

bobby bombscare
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not a fan of CM then 😄

Haha, i actually was when he first came on the scene! but all those years developing, years in the academy and a good few seasons in the first team and he still can't cross a ball. I mean, if he's not got it by then, he's not going to 😂

I still think he has potential to be a decent player (maybe even prem quality) as his touch, dribbling and passing seemed good enough. Just not as a winger. He could maybe be a box to box mid? bags of pace and energy! But i think for him to make the most of his ability, he needs to change position and given our struggles and the cancellation of reserve football, we can't afford to have a player learning a new position in our first team and taking up a wage while doing so.

Edited by bobby bombscare

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I really don’t get the hatred towards Roberts. He’s hardly played enough to warrant such strong opinions I would say. There’s players who have contributed less than he has who get by without much being said. Halliday for example.

Ah, but Halliday is 'staunch'. Same sort of mindset that preferred Lafferty to Isma, despite Isma having a better scoring record and contributing much more all round to the team. Fwiw, I'm happy to give Roberts another few chances. 

Halliday is practically an empty jersey at this stage though, considering his pedigree and off-field commitments, he's shown next to nothing to back it up.

bobby bombscare
3 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

was any of what i said a lie though, Haha, i actually was when he first came on the scene! but all those years developing, years in the academy and a good few seasons in the first team and he still can't cross a ball. I mean, if he's not got it by then, he's not going to 😂

I still think he has potential to be a decent player (maybe even prem quality) as touch, drobbling and passing seemed good enough. Just not as a winger. He could maybe be a box to box mid? bags of pace and energy! But i think for him to make the most of his ability, he needs to change position and given our struggles and the cancellation of reserve football, we can't afford to have a player learning a new position in our first team and taking up a wage while doing so.

10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Ah, but Halliday is 'staunch'. Same sort of mindset that preferred Lafferty to Isma, despite Isma having a better scoring record and contributing much more all round to the team. Fwiw, I'm happy to give Roberts another few chances. 

Halliday is practically an empty jersey at this stage though, considering his pedigree and off-field commitments, he's shown next to nothing to back it up.

For me Halliday is a previously good player who hasn’t settled yet and hasnt shown us all he’s got

Roberts is a previously average player who probably hasn’t setttled yet but probably isn’t good enough for Hearts

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

For me Halliday is a previously good player who hasn’t settled yet and hasnt shown us all he’s got

Roberts is a previously average player who probably hasn’t setttled yet but probably isn’t good enough for Hearts

But Halliday is given the benefit of the doubt for now. Roberts written off.

Strange.

I knew nothing about Roberts before he arrived so haven’t been that disappointed.

Having seen Halliday knocking his pan in for Rangers I expected more to be honest

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

But Halliday is given the benefit of the doubt for now. Roberts written off.

Strange.

I knew nothing about Roberts before he arrived so haven’t been that disappointed.

Having seen Halliday knocking his pan in for Rangers I expected more to be honest

And that’s why he gets the benefit of the doubt, because he was previously a very busy, if unspectacular player for Rangers

Berra than you

Just watched Robbie's presser for tomorrow. Was asked by Brian Mcglauhlin "it's been reported that Stuart Findlay is one you are looking at on a pre contract for the summer, is that true?". Now Robbie gave the stock answer of there's a number of players we are looking at and we don't want to talk about other clubs players. That makes me think there is something in it as otherwise he'd have just said no. But I dunno where Brian is seeing it "reported" anywhere. First I'd heard of it.

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Just watched Robbie's presser for tomorrow. Was asked by Brian Mcglauhlin "it's been reported that Stuart Findlay is one you are looking at on a pre contract for the summer, is that true?". Now Robbie gave the stock answer of there's a number of players we are looking at and we don't want to talk about other clubs players. That makes me think there is something in it as otherwise he'd have just said no. But I dunno where Brian is seeing it "reported" anywhere. First I'd heard of it.

Is he no injured?

31 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A previous good player, who is now shit is just a shit player

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Nah. Think he would give the stock answer in any case, over any player 

Berra than you
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Is he no injured?

Think he is just now yeah. I dunno how long term it is but wouldn't stop us looking at him for the summer I guess.

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

He keeps getting mentioned on here because he's such an obvious left sided signing. Would be delighted with it.

Interesting!

Findlay is the perfect fit imo, left sided, big laddie with a good turn of pace and plenty first team experience in scotland at only 25 years old, 1 goal in 1 cap for Scotland is a pretty decent record too :lol:

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

If McGlaughlin is asking that, he's not pulled it out of his ample arse.

Yup, I have not seen that reported anywhere and he does get info from someone in the club, so would not surprise me.

Jamboscanbevicius
Just now, BigAlim said:

Findlay is the perfect fit imo, left sided, big laddie with a good turn of pace and plenty first team experience in scotland at only 25 years old, 1 goal in 1 cap for Scotland is a pretty decent record too :lol:

I agree. If Declan Gallagher is out of reach Findlay looks like the solid choice for me.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

that’s just not accurate though, not even an opinion.. Halliday has absolutely had some decent games. Thought hasn’t consistently reached the level required. Roberts hasn’t done anything at any point at all. Nothing.. he’s offered absolutely nothing 

Even if I thought Roberts has done nothing, which I don’t necessarily agree with and from the friendlies pre-season I think he has something to offer, the fact he’s been out injured or on the bench due to preferences for others more than he’s played I don’t get the hatred, you know? We had no idea who he was before this so no expectations. He hasn’t given goals away, we can’t lay any of the defeats at his feet. Genuinely don’t know why there’s the hatred. At most there should be a bit of “well, that’s not worked out, ah well” but the anger? Hatred? Slagging him off at any given opportunity? Absolutely no idea what he’s done to deserve it.

Halliday on the other hand has offered a goal or two but really offers not much for us. If anything, with his ‘pedigree’ I would expect that people would be more angry at him for not delivering the performances they were expecting from him. (Personally I didn’t expect anything other than what he’s done, but a lot of people in the summer were saying he was exactly what we needed, so I’m wondering where their seethe is that he’s been performing the way he has been)

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Roberts is one of the most chicken hearted players I have ever seen. 

He doesn't have the slightest interest of making a success of himself at Hearts. 

The sooner he is gone the better for all concerned. 

Really? That you have EVER seen? In his 10 games, some not full games? This is where kickback gets people saying things about players and they stick. It’s Sean Clare all over again who got called chicken hearted. At least Clare was playing in positions where he was expected to make tackles, so if someone said he was chicken hearted there was an argument to be had. (Which wasn’t true anyway) But Roberts is a winger, what lack of heart does he have that you’ve seen in his *checks notes* 10 games?

53 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Think you’re onto something here. Genuinely don’t see why Roberts deserves his seethe. Like he’s went into people’s house on Christmas Day and sneezed Covid on their presents. Just don’t get it at all.

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

A previous good player, who is now shit is just a shit player

That’s true, but I’m not at the point of grading him as shit just yet. Having said that if he’s not here next season I won’t shed a tear, particularly if he’s been replaced by a better player.

I expected him to be a midfield enforcer who would snarl and bite, like a sane and more likeable  version of Scott Brown but he’s not really done that

Edited by JimmyCant

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, pointon said:

Alan Campbell is who we are trying to push through 

Really?

Pleasant surprise if true 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Would be happy with Findlay. Remember the first time I saw him for the under 21s against a very decent France side, thought he stood out

Played for Dumbarton last time we were in the championship.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Alan Campbell is who we are trying to push through 

If that happens then that is a fantastic signing.

Berra than you
9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Did McCulloch sign him?

He had a few loan spells at killie before signing permanent. Played under Jig in 17/18 for 5 games, and I believe it was him who signed him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, pointon said:

Not saying it will happen but he is the top target 

Good level of target. Daresay the boy will have choices 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nobody wins every week. Nobody.

If we have a 50% plus win rate at any time in our history then we are doing superbly.

Any Hearts fans that studies our history in any way would be stupid to disagree.

IMO

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Nobody wins every week. Nobody.

If we have a 50% plus win rate at any time in our history then we are doing superbly.

Any Hearts fans that studies our history in any way would be stupid to disagree.

IMO

When’s he signing 😄

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )