January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He was, things can come full circle.

Nothing is surprising in football.

Mcinnes will go for a big lad to replace Cosgrove. 

He likes a big lump up top. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

5 minutes ago you were suggesting he'd try and sign Boyce. 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I was very impressed with Stewart against us at Tynie but that was against a Stendel high line.

He's not impressed this season, most times I've seen him he's been on the bench.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

5 minutes ago you were suggesting he'd try and sign Boyce. 

giphy.gif

I said he hope he doesn't. 

Boyce can play the loan stoker role tho, Shankland not so much imo. 

Boyce would be like Rooney for them, but since then he's liked a bigger player. 

Shankland is too lightweight imo. 

Never know tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Howdy Doody Jambo
48 minutes ago, Rods said:

My bet is they will go for the boy at Walsall. 

Huddersfield are in for him now 

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I was very impressed with Stewart against us at Tynie but that was against a Stendel high line.

He's not impressed this season, most times I've seen him he's been on the bench.

Only one goal from open play this season, against Arbroath in Betfred. They are welcome to him 

I'd never want us to sell Boyce unless it was for silly money. Took us years to find a goalscorer with a track record like his, he'd be too difficult to replace unless we spent silly money. No point in selling him. 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He was, things can come full circle.

Nothing is surprising in football.

Similar scenario if Lafferty was to sign for The Sheep.

Welcomed with open arms by their fans?:whistling:.....or would beggars be choosers ?

So it's seems Dundee FC will sign both Kyle Lafferty & Joe Ledley

Didn't know they got that money left in the tank

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd never want us to sell Boyce unless it was for silly money. Took us years to find a goalscorer with a track record like his, he'd be too difficult to replace unless we spent silly money. No point in selling him. 

Theres no way we are selling Boyce this window or we wouldn't be letting Wighton go. Not sure where that rumour has come from but can almost guarantee it's pure pish.

1 minute ago, HMFC_France said:

I seen a wee rumour that Lafferty was going to Hamilton probably made up garbage like

jamboinglasgow

Will be an interesting team with 5 strikers up front and Charlie Adam behind them.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Theres no way we are selling Boyce this window or we wouldn't be letting Wighton go. Not sure where that rumour has come from but can almost guarantee it's pure pish.

Yep, hope so bud. 👍

Lafferty, Ledley and Cummings is a cracking bit of business for them to be fair.

it does make you wonder where the cash is coming from though, I thought they were skint!

4 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Does that Nelms ***** know something we don't? Like - there's plans to have a 14 team top league next season? 

Otherwise, they are taking a massive financial risk to finish in a playoff spot at best. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Does that Nelms ***** know something we don't? Like - there's plans to have a 14 team top league next season? 

Otherwise, they are taking a massive financial risk to finish in a playoff spot at best. 

All very strange imo. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct answer. 

Dundee’s business / apparent business is very dodgy. Seemingly close to hitting the wall earlier in the season and are now signing all these players. 
Celtic repaying the favour they owe them?

22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Well exactly!

Why we have to even mention this is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Same in any negotiation situation. You only show the full hand at the right moment,  often the deadline 

I think you’re missing the point of my original post. It’s not that things are quiet so I think no business goes on. It’s that it has been proven in previous windows many clubs and federations don’t do business on weekends, even in a short window like January. And that, to me, is stupid from a business point of view as clubs and players lose out on around 10 days of business possibilities such registrations, fees, photo ops, medicals etc. And I have my doubts how much negotiations go on at weekend either. Can imagine some agents not wanting the 7 days work either, even for a month.

15 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Lafferty, Ledley and Cummings is a cracking bit of business for them to be fair.

it does make you wonder where the cash is coming from though, I thought they were skint!

1yr ago, Dundee change their vote!?!?

Now, Sellick are skint (by their standards)

Dundee are skint

Sellick get 11.5 mill for a player they bought 18 moths ago for 300k !?!? (WHats going on there!?!?)

Dundee splash the cash

...I like a conspiracy. 

Berra than you

I see Jack Hamilton (Livi striker, not Dundee keeper) has agreed a loan move to Arbroath. Imagine that means Wighton to go elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I see Jack Hamilton (Livi striker, not Dundee keeper) has agreed a loan move to Arbroath. Imagine that means Wighton to go elsewhere?

Or stay. 

Neil Dongcaster

There is no conspiracy. They were just handed £500,000. There is only 14 weeks left of the season. Even if they are paying them £3k each a week, which is unlikely then their total outgoings would be £126,000 in salaries plus taxes and other fees and bonuses. 

If they get promoted then they will make £2-3m more in revenue assuming crowds are back. IMO it’s an investment that makes perfect sense.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

1yr ago, Dundee change their vote!?!?

Now, Sellick are skint (by their standards)

Dundee are skint

Sellick get 11.5 mill for a player they bought 18 moths ago for 300k !?!? (WHats going on there!?!?)

Dundee splash the cash

...I like a conspiracy. 

Dundee's insurance cover was widely discussed at the start of all this .

Maybe now been paid ?

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Dundee's insurance cover was widely discussed at the start of all this .

Maybe now been paid ?

Perhaps.

A couple of weeks ago the Supreme Court found against some major insurers regarding Business Interruption insurance and the lack of pay outs. Not sure if that mob was the above or pandemic insurance.

Either way, they've come into money from somewhere...

14 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

There is no conspiracy. They were just handed £500,000. There is only 14 weeks left of the season. Even if they are paying them £3k each a week, which is unlikely then their total outgoings would be £126,000 in salaries plus taxes and other fees and bonuses. 

If they get promoted then they will make £2-3m more in revenue assuming crowds are back. IMO it’s an investment that makes perfect sense.

WARNING - load of shite alert -

Edited by Riccarton3

13 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

The same 500k that’s not to be used for transfers? ... not a good look. 
I was partly being facetious, but they’ve got their hands on cash from somewhere. 

Robbie said that Wighton was talking to teams about a long term deal not just a 6 month loan which is why Arbroath have probably signed the livi boy. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think you’re missing the point of my original post. It’s not that things are quiet so I think no business goes on. It’s that it has been proven in previous windows many clubs and federations don’t do business on weekends, even in a short window like January. And that, to me, is stupid from a business point of view as clubs and players lose out on around 10 days of business possibilities such registrations, fees, photo ops, medicals etc. And I have my doubts how much negotiations go on at weekend either. Can imagine some agents not wanting the 7 days work either, even for a month.

Matches get in the way?

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

WARNING - load of shite alert -

Care to explain?

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The same 500k that’s not to be used for transfers? ... not a good look. 
I was partly being facetious, but they’ve got their hands on cash from somewhere. 

Well yes, from the government.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ross Stewart to the sheep is surely a stick on. I can't see anything else.

Gnanduillet is better anyway. We have more important areas to focus on.

Talking of Stewarts.....Greg Stewart will likely end up back at Aberdeen. 

Edited by Deans Jambo

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Lions and Tigers and Bears? Oh, my?*

:wow:

*Sorry, everyone.

😉

Lafferty and Cummings wouldn't get a game for anyone in the premier League. The championship is their standard now and in Cummings case it always was his standard.

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Wonder if they'll move for that lanky Ross County striker to replace him?

Would make sense as Ross County just signed a striker from Motherwell 

56 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Maybe the money they got to change their vote allegedly 🙄

Surely Dundee aren’t signing Joe Ledley?? Where are they pulling these funds from 😂 hope they stay down then go bust would be too good 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Lafferty and Cummings wouldn't get a game for anyone in the premier League. The championship is their standard now and in Cummings case it always was his standard.

Both have had good potential in the past but cone with plenty of baggage, I wouldn’t be keen to have either tbh.   Together,  they’ll have done good moments now and then but will cause issues for Dundee and in all likelihood support one another in a downward spiral of debauchery and spontaneously self combust 😂

9 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Surely Dundee aren’t signing Joe Ledley?? Where are they pulling these funds from 😂 hope they stay down then go bust would be too good 

Where is this coming from? There must be a number of clubs well in front of Dundee who would sign ledley

jamboinglasgow
Just now, brux said:

Where is this coming from? There must be a number of clubs well in front of Dundee who would sign ledley

Joe Ledley is 34, has not played a game since March last year, has made 11 apperances in the last 2 and a half years. He is not the player he was before. Also in central midfield with Adam, he doesn't add pace.

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )