January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He should be looking at midfield and defence  rather than another ****ing winger.

Agree, wait, we have another two wingers that Neilson signed. Why would he feel the need to bring another one in?:rolleyes2:

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Yup. I've been going back and forward on this. Think we should try for someone who can do both, but we have more cover at cb than rb so probably needs to be a RB.

Probably agree. I think Smith is really strong at CB when needed. Not sure whether Halkett or Popescu could slot in at RB but I don’t know if I’d like to find out. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Our best winger is out for the season and the other 2 signed in the summer are duds

Priority should be midfield and defence over replacing Ginelly. We brought in GMS

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

He’s not been at his best but he has zero competition for his place. RB or CB which would you go for?

Robbie has said he wants competition for Smith with Brandon out, he wants a CM and now a winger.

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Priority should be midfield and defence over replacing Ginelly. We brought in GMS

So we crack on with just GMS? 

Frear and Roberts aren't cutting it. 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Liam Lindsay a name mentioned on here, apparently on Hibs radar especially if porteous is sold

Hope not he’s a class player 

1 minute ago, Gimme an H... said:

So we crack on with just GMS? 

Frear and Roberts aren't cutting it. 

Yes  If a winger is prioritised over midfield and defence to the extent we do not recruit in defence and midfield

5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Disagree.

We have Walker, Naismith, Haring, Halliday, potentially even Smith who can play in there. In this league we dont win games from centre mid - it’s too congested in the middle of the park. We win games by getting it wide and stretching the play. 

Our only real wide option now is GMS. Henderson/Frear/Robert’s don’t cause problems for full backs.

Listen to what Neilson has said in the past. Dig in the middle, food wingers and 2 centre forwards.  No point having a 6ft 4in striker when we have no width to deliver crosses?

Edited by jambo mark

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Disagree.

We have Walker, Naismith, Haring, Halliday, potentially even Smith who can play in there. In this league we dont win games from centre mid - it’s too congested in the middle of the park. We win games by getting it wide and stretching the play. 

Our only real wide option now is GMS. Henderson/Frear/Robert’s don’t cause problems for full backs.

Listen to what Neilson has said in the past. Dig in the middle, food wingers and 2 centre forwards.  No point having a 6ft 4in striker when we have no width to deliver crosses?

Id agree with this. Vitally important we fill the wide areas ASAP. CB and CM will be resolved over the summer. 

5 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Disagree.

We have Walker, Naismith, Haring, Halliday, potentially even Smith who can play in there. In this league we dont win games from centre mid - it’s too congested. We win games by getting it wide and stretching the play. 

Irving, too.

It seems in every department we have the potential for concern. If Irving was injured, if Halkett was injured, if Ginnelly was injured. I take your point. I see the argument. Perhaps i partly can't see it cos what Nelson describes has been said but rarely applied with any skill

18 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Disagree.

Agree that width is essential at the moment, especially with strikers that can feed off crosses. But I somewhat disagree about not winning games from centre midfield. Central midfield should control a game and possession and we’re not doing that. Irving is still fledgling and although he has the composure he’s not quite at the dictating tempo stage. We will never control a midfield (and therefore possession) while Halliday is there either. And in this league we should be able to control the midfield.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Dunfermline are favourites to land Craig Wighton from Hearts, Scott Burns writes.

The frontman looks set to make the switch to their Championship promotion rivals for the season.

Wighton had started the season in Robbie Neilson’s team but has fallen down the Tynecastle order pecking order.

The Pars are now looking to close a loan deal after their Tynecastle defeat today.

Wighton was also wanted by Hamilton and Arbroath but looks set for East End Park.

Hearts are prepared to sanction the deal after moving 12 points clear of Dunfermline and the chasing pack in the Championship.

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

Apparently with Ginelly injured looking to have 3 in and I would assume a number out by close of play.

This is exciting getting to Romanov esc levels 🤣

Could be more if the captain departs in next couple of days 

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Dunfermline are favourites to land Craig Wighton from Hearts, Scott Burns writes.

The frontman looks set to make the switch to their Championship promotion rivals for the season.

Wighton had started the season in Robbie Neilson’s team but has fallen down the Tynecastle order pecking order.

The Pars are now looking to close a loan deal after their Tynecastle defeat today.

Wighton was also wanted by Hamilton and Arbroath but looks set for East End Park.

Hearts are prepared to sanction the deal after moving 12 points clear of Dunfermline and the chasing pack in the Championship.

Fair play, if he gets on form he’ll help Dunfermline, yes, but he’ll damage other teams in the process too. If.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

This is absolutely bizarre decision making from Hearts if this goes through. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I wonder if this is tied to a deal for Kyle Turner 

1 minute ago, Gards said:

Why?

I wouldn't be allowing any players to move to any club near the top of the championship. 

Just now, Manny1874 said:

I wouldn't be allowing any players to move to any club near the top of the championship. 

He won't be allowed to play against us.  I also don't see him pushing Dunfermline in direct competion against us.  Don't see it as a bad move.

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be more if the captain departs in next couple of days 

Sorry never read through all threads, but is this guesswork?

ginger jambo98
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Can't let both Wighton and Naismith go without replacement for one of them.

Where’s Naismith going ?

PERRY KITCHEN

A friend who supports Columbus Crew has just told me that Perry Kitchen has signed for the ‘crew’! 

13 minutes ago, Jambos56 said:

Dunfermline voted us down we shouldn't be giving them any players on loan

No they didn’t  source: Their Owner

I think a RB and/or CM can really sort us out for rest of season

A winger would be nice. But imagine a really attacking RB. Who could cross and create chances for our forwards. 

Them Smith goes into CB or CM. Making us more solid in whichever area he goes

Same applies for brining in a CM. Someone with bit of energy and mobility could help Irving and which ever 10 plays. 

Think solving the ‘problems’ at CB or CM would help more than getting a winger. Although maybe i’m just scarred from Frear and Roberts signing...

Turner is 23 and no better than Cochrane or Smith would be disappointed and very surprised if we signed him. Having one decent game against us on TV doesn’t mean we should sign him 

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

😂 you actually think dufc are still a threat? Or that Wighton is good? If Turner is part of the deal it’s a no brainer

15 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe just shake off Covid

I actually think he’s been poor for a while. He lets a lot of crosses come into the box and his Own crossing needs worked on. He is a decent player but I’d be thinking now of getting a young replacement for him, or make sure cammy Logan is ready.

1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry never read through all threads, but is this guesswork?

Yes but Bowie has tried to get him involved before so pretty sure he will try again. Hopkin and Naismith could be his dream team. 

42 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

No they didn’t  source: Their Owner

Yes they did. Ross McArthur was the main antagonist with our man in Inverness. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )