• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know nothing of Allan Campbell. Not even sorry.

:sadrobbo:

Great engine, dominating, driving the team forward,  just what we really need 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

I know nothing of Allan Campbell. Not even sorry.

:sadrobbo:

Superb young no nonsense Motherwell defensive midfield player who can play a bit further forward. Good age. Plenty experience in the top league. Nearly 150 appearances. Rarely injured. Out of contract in the summer

Edited by JimmyCant

Alan Campbell and Stuart Findlay? Yes please Hearts. Exactly the type of signings we should be making on a consistent basis. The better players from the smaller teams in the top flight. 

44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And that’s why he gets the benefit of the doubt, because he was previously a very busy, if unspectacular player for Rangers

Think he’d get the same if he was ex Celtic or Hibs?

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Think he’d get the same if he was ex Celtic or Hibs?

I wouldn’t know. It’s not something I take into much account when judging a player. If you’ve played for Celtic or Rangers first team regularly you ought to be good enough for us. As for Hibs - the answer is Hartley who got a good deal of patience before coming good

HillmanHearts

Campbell would be great business.

Kind of energy and tenacity we could really do with.

No doubt he will have options.

But if you don't try you don't get.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Obligatory YouTube video

I don't know about you, but I think the laddie Toshack looks promising. Worth a contract?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Campbell and Findlay would be the first 2 picks on my list. Would be great business 

Seems they would be popular. 

Along with the 2 brought in already, very promising.

Would say unlikely, had GMS not turned up 

Edited by Sir Gio

south morocco
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Campbell and Findlay would be the first 2 picks on my list. Would be great business 

If we can somehow get Campbell in now or pre contract it would be a fantastic signing. Think it’ll cost us a few quid. Here’s hoping 

42 minutes ago, south morocco said:

If we can somehow get Campbell in now or pre contract it would be a fantastic signing. Think it’ll cost us a few quid. Here’s hoping 

Development fee at the very least

57 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Probably cost us over £300k anyway I'd imagine given his importance to Motherwell. 

Campbell is exactly the type we need in our midfield. 

This quote from Joel Skeds piece in The Scotsman;

"Campbell appeared to have gained the ability to teleport, one moment he is breaking up play on the edge of the box, before you can even blink he is bombing forward in support of the attackers."

9 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

"Campbell appeared to have gained the ability to teleport, one moment he is breaking up play on the edge of the box, before you can even blink he is bombing forward in support of the attackers."

Dave Mackay, mark 2

10 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

But can he smoke a cigar like Paul Hartley?

south morocco
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably cost us over £300k anyway I'd imagine given his importance to Motherwell. 

Basically a no go then😀

The Future's Maroon
5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts warrants the abuse for jogging around with his head down and not looking interested. 

I've no time for that and hopefully the coaching staff don't either, hence why he's disappeared.

Now nobody get on their high horse here......and certainly not aimed at poster quoted, but I remember back years ago a certain Portuguese player at Man Utd getting accused of this, and rightly so, once he settled and found form he done well...even went on to become considered one of the best ever players?

Obv not comparable with Roberts, but maybe give the guy time/a chance?

Tin hat on....

Edited by The Future's Maroon

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, I have not seen that reported anywhere and he does get info from someone in the club, so would not surprise me.

Is Brian McLaughlin not close with JJ?

section s heart
15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Are these rumours just chat amongst us or is there substance to the rumour?

Heard Stephen Robinson on Scottish Football Podcast the other day talking about the stresses which lead to him quitting Motherwell, and one of the key points was the annual need to rebuild a team as players want to leave at the end of contracts or sign pre contracts. He hinted that this was an issue again this season and it sounded like he had some players ready to sign pre contracts for other clubs.

7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Now nobody get on their high horse here......and certainly not aimed at poster quoted, but I remember back years ago a certain Portuguese player at Man Utd getting accused of this, and rightly so, once he settled and found form he done well...even went on to become considered one of the best ever players?

Tin hat on....

It’s actually ludicrous how early people have chosen to write him off. It’s as if Wighton wasn’t as crap the boo boys said he’d be so they turned their attention to the next guy to have a bad game. I’m not saying Roberts is good or bad, I mean I can’t really as I’ve not seen enough of him to make a solid conclusion. But no one has, yet they still have these hardcore opinions about him. Weird folk.

The Future's Maroon
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s actually ludicrous how early people have chosen to write him off. It’s as if Wighton wasn’t as crap the boo boys said he’d be so they turned their attention to the next guy to have a bad game. I’m not saying Roberts is good or bad, I mean I can’t really as I’ve not seen enough of him to make a solid conclusion. But no one has, yet they still have these hardcore opinions about him. Weird folk.

Thank you, I was expecting the first reply to be slating me for my comment? 

I am not saying he is or will be a good player, but give him a chance ffs!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Barack said:

Damour's wages until the summer. Basically...😬

A month of Sean Clare wages. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where? Thank **** I moved south, if that's what's going on back home.🤐

We're that hungry up here, that's all we have left. I managed to collect enough bits out mine to make a stir fry tonight. 😛

33 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Tin hat on....

What an absolutely wild comparison

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Roberts warrants the abuse for jogging around with his head down and not looking interested. 

I've no time for that and hopefully the coaching staff don't either, hence why he's disappeared.

Imagine having the opportunity to play for Hearts and throwing it away due to effectively being a lazy barsteward. Unbelievable!

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: never seen that before. 

How?? :lol:

It's an absolute classic! :lol:

Edited by tian447

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Motherwell want £350k now to realise him now but it’s negotiable 

Surely doable? Tbh I haven't seen him play but this feels like a McGinn type signing where if we went for it, we could make big money on him a couple of years down the line.

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

How?? :lol:

It's an absolute classic! :lol:

No idea! :lol:  

2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Motherwell want £350k now to realise him now but it’s negotiable 

If true that's an absolute steal.  We shouldn't even bother being tight about it, just shake their hand. 

Him and Irving in midfield, GMS and Gino on the wings, Armand and Boyce upfront. 

Sign a belter of a Centerhalf next and.... 

041vw2xxzc101.thumb.png.073d8125c7501d6f1e84508a8034b8a7.png

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )