• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

This Findlay and Campbell chat has really grown arms and legs,   lots of comments seem to assume we’re in negotiations with them but it is based purely on speculation unless I’ve missed a reliable source somewhere?    Id love to see it happen too but managing my expectations!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It will be a team effort to make it happen starting with AB coming up with the funds.

Which is the point I was making in support of the original post, that Savage's role will be to 'make it happen' while others will be involved in other aspects of the signing. Your post, however, was suggesting that only those who have seen quite a lot of him play will deserve our appreciation for 'making it happen'.

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Which is the point I was making in support of the original post, that Savage's role will be to 'make it happen' while others will be involved in other aspects of the signing. Your post, however, was suggesting that only those who have seen quite a lot of him play will deserve our appreciation for 'making it happen'.

My post was suggesting we may be giving him too much credit too soon.

Berra than you
11 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

This Findlay and Campbell chat has really grown arms and legs,   lots of comments seem to assume we’re in negotiations with them but it is based purely on speculation unless I’ve missed a reliable source somewhere?    Id love to see it happen too but managing my expectations!

Findlay's name was put to Robbie in his presser by a journalist. Campbell only been mentioned on here.

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We sold more season tickets than any team in the SPL with the exception of rangers and Celtic.

FOH funds are now actively supporting the club. Easily and by far the biggest fan contribution in Scotland.

Unlike everyone  else we acted early to cut wages in the pandemic and while relegation is a disaster it did also allow us to invoke relegation causes in contracts 

hospitlaity at tynecastle was really starting to pay dividends during the summer.

we have James “Tesla” Anderson and his pals making sure we are ok. 

Getting to the cup final would have payed out a good few hundred K in prize money.

it’s that simple really.  Given the lack of crowds the differential between the championship and the Pl isn’t that great, and we have more than enough to offset it.

teams like Aberdeen didn’t really look ahead as to what was happening. They already owe £350k form Mcrorie,   They need to back pay Hayes a full year and they promisied some of the squad cuts would be paid back

Also the Hickey money. Probably not all of it but we must have received a fair chunk  of it.

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Lido said:

Also the Hickey money. Probably not all of it but we must have received a fair chunk  of it.

Think we got money for Paterson too.

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Think we got money for Paterson too.

Not much I don't think (no more than £50k).

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Sussed him out a long tome ago.

Convinced I know him. Obvious, only seems to talk about Hearts and Aberdeen as a comparison. 

Better poster than the other joker 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
14 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My post was suggesting we may be giving him too much credit too soon.

Well, to be accurate, any credit being given for the signing of a player we've not yet signed, or even know if we are definitely trying to sign, could only ever be too much, too soon 😞

I got the impression, though, that the original poster was really referring to the apparent upgrade in our signings and targets since Savage arrived and wasn't intending to infer it was all down to one man, while your post seemed, to me, to suggest Savage hasn't been in place long enough to deserve much credit, if any were due. Obviously I now know you weren't meaning that only those who had been in the Scottish game since he broke through at Motherwell could be credited, but that's what happens when we are chock full of speculation about players we'd all like to see at our club - confused? You will be in the next episode of JKB 'Soap'🤒

Ainsley Harriott
30 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

What makes you say that?

Probably because the Campbell part was just made up on kickback 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Probably because the Campbell part was just made up on kickback 

The post seems genuine an approach has been made. 

As he said whether its successful he didn't have any idea.

Neil Dongcaster
41 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not much I don't think (no more than £50k).

Probably the equivalent of about 250 season tickets though.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d say that’s definitely him. Such a weird thing to do that it’s almost beyond my comprehension. Would be like me hanging about an aberdeen forum, not just during one transfer window, but for years pretending to be a sheep fan who has an interest in hearts signings. 

What would need to have happened in your life to wake up one morning and decide to  become a long term infiltrator of a rival sides fan forum. Oddball stuff. 

An either weirder thing is he comes on here giving us fake Aberdeen rumours quoting that they’re selling Cosgrove and McKenna for over £5 million 😂

37 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I see Turner is not playing for Dunfermline today. Maybe injured - or maybe a Hearts signing target??

Yes, clearly headed somewhere before Monday night. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, clearly headed somewhere before Monday night. 

My Pars supporting friend thinks he’s on the move. Don’t know if he was injured today though. It was last week he was saying turner was going. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

My Pars supporting friend thinks he’s on the move. Don’t know if he was injured today though. It was last week he was saying turner was going. 

Does your friend rate the guy? 

2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

An either weirder thing is he comes on here giving us fake Aberdeen rumours quoting that they’re selling Cosgrove and McKenna for over £5 million 😂

Might have been mildly interesting or amusing but why the need to do it and pretend to be a Hearts fan then go squeeling back to P&B whining like a wee bitch. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Does your friend rate the guy? 

He does. He’s more enamoured with Whittaker this season tbh but reckons Turner is a decent prospect. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He does. He’s more enamoured with Whittaker this season tbh but reckons Turner is a decent prospect. 

Cheers 👍 Can’t say I noticed him when they played us earlier in season. I Lazily tend to just analyse Hearts players in a game. 

Just now, stevie1874 said:

Cheers 👍 Can’t say I noticed him when they played us earlier in season. I Lazily tend to just analyse Hearts players in a game. 

I’m the same. I barely notice opposition players unless they do something special. Don Thomas was the one I noticed against us and apparently he’s been shite ever since. 

7 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Maybe Naismith fancies a go at player/manager at some Ayrshire team😬

Good shout🤔

2 minutes ago, baddab said:

New winger required now that Josh is out for the season

Could this be why the guy from Morcombe has been looked at?

Just now, Rabgee said:

Could this be why the guy from Morcombe has been looked at?

Was thinking exactly this. Thought it was probably made up nonsense we were looking at Morcombe boy but I believe it now. 

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Touch and go for today though :laugh:

All the best to him though. I'm assuming he's away back to Preston?

Gutted for Gino but think we definitely need to cover for his absence. I wonder if this will affect the likelihood if a permanent deal too. I'm personally a bit wary of signing him at the moment if I'm totally honest.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Gutted for Gino but think we definitely need to cover for his absence. I wonder if this will affect the likelihood if a permanent deal too. I'm personally a bit wary of signing him at the moment if I'm totally honest.

It’s a shame because he looks a decent player but If we’ve learned anything we shouldn’t sign a player who’s injured. We will have no idea how he’ll recover and let’s be honest he’s been a bit fragile since he joined us.

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I would be leaning towards no tbh. But if I was Joe I would have a look at his games played v games missed over his career.

What a shame for Gino,  seems a good lad and has a great attitude on the pitch.    If we offer him something next season (which seems very unlikely) surely it would be a cautious 1year contract and on relatively low wages,  or  linked to appearances.    Talented footballer so hope he can go on and have a good career.

Apparently with Ginelly injured looking to have 3 in and I would assume a number out by close of play.

This is exciting getting to Romanov esc levels 🤣

Not sure we should sign anyone unless they are going to be top drawer and in out starting eleven in the Premier League next season. The squad is already strong enough to easily win the league.

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He should be looking at midfield and defence  rather than another ****ing winger.

We are looking at defence and midfield. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

He should be looking at midfield and defence  rather than another ****ing winger.

Our best winger is out for the season and the other 2 signed in the summer are duds

Just now, Gimme an H... said:

We are looking at defence and midfield. 

Music to my ears. Not sure if I want a CB or a RB now. We’d be screwed if smith gets injured. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Music to my ears. Not sure if I want a CB or a RB now. We’d be screwed if smith gets injured. 

Smith needs to give himself a shake.

Berra than you
Just now, GinRummy said:

Yup. I've been going back and forward on this. Think we should try for someone who can do both, but we have more cover at cb than rb so probably needs to be a RB.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Smith needs to give himself a shake.

He’s not been at his best but he has zero competition for his place. RB or CB which would you go for?

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )