Berra......

Section Q

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t like your answers because they are nonsense, Boyle NEVER cuts Inside on to his left foot because it’s awful. He’s a one trick pony that is easy nullified if you can stop him getting space outside, it’s why he’s still at Hibs. Once again having to repeat myself. 
Show me one article where Morelos has actually criticised Rangers or the manager? Who’s Garcia? Again as I said and you obviously missed unless you’re Messi which kind of takes Ronaldo into that group. 
So everyone is wrong on this thread that Berra made lots of mistakes and was deservedly dropped from the team? As for his greeting to the press what an embarrassment, PHM that would run through brick walls 😂😭😢
I saw you disputed the press claim on another thread where Neilson said they’d just offered Irving a contract extension, you seem incapable of accepting any others persons point of view. Not sure why you think he would lie about it. 
Anyway no proof as usual with your point of view, nothing to back it up. 

You are being really silly now . A few posts ago I went along with your marriage joke thinking that would be a friendly way to end the conversation but seemingly not

Anyway I have , once more answered all your points . Apologies in advance

You have an opinion on Boyle , I disagree .

Highlighted sentence ?

If you want to find articles about players complaining it is quite easy .

You think Hearts have never spoken to Irving about extending previously ? I think that would be naive in the extreme . Again my opinion 

If I had proof of my point of view it would , by definition , be a fact surely . Same thing , I'd hope , would apply to your point of view ?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Herbert.

• A_A wehatethehibs

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

You are being really silly now . A few posts ago I went along with your marriage joke thinking that would be a friendly way to end the conversation but seemingly not

Anyway I have , once more answered all your points . Apologies in advance

You have an opinion on Boyle , I disagree .

Highlighted sentence ?

If you want to find articles about players complaining it is quite easy .

You think Hearts have never spoken to Irving about extending previously ? I think that would be naive in the extreme . Again my opinion 

If I had proof of my point of view it would , by definition , be a fact surely . Same thing , I'd hope , would apply to your point of view ?

I have proof to back up my point of view though, like Boyle still being at Hibs and scoring 74 goals in 304 games, you clearly don’t. Agreeing with one part of a post whilst repeating that I’m talking nonsense isn’t a friendly way to end a conversation, the very opposite in fact. 
I would say let’s agree to disagree and move on. 

13 hours ago, Rudy T said:

He's already hoisted the cup in 2006.

I'm pretty sure playing the game and lifting the cup is better than sitting on the bench and lifting the cup. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the armband for the game either.

1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm pretty sure playing the game and lifting the cup is better than sitting on the bench and lifting the cup. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the armband for the game either.

Would be one for the pub quiz if Berra and Neilson lift their second Scottish Cup for Hearts both from the same two finals 14 years apart with Neilson now as Berra's manager. Can't imagine that's happened too often.

And yes I suspect Berra will lead us out.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Would be one for the pub quiz if Berra and Neilson lift their second Scottish Cup for Hearts both from the same two finals 14 years apart with Neilson now as Berra's manager. Can't imagine that's happened too often.

...and Gordon. 

8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Along with Gordon that would be some record. 3 players winning another Scottish Cup together 14 years later would be incredible. 

8 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think both Berra and Naismith will start, with Naismith captaining.

Who picks up the trophy though may not be as clear cut. 

Edited by DETTY29

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I think both Berra and Naismith will start, with Naismith captaining.

Who picks up the trophy though may not be as clear cut. 

I'll go up and get it if it saves an argument. I had to watch them, I've done my bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good servant to Hearts, but is absolutely done. 

His body had gave up a year ago , it’s actually hard to watch him struggle around the park.  

Can get away with playing against plumbers,  anymore than that is horrifically out his depth.  

Glamorgan Jambo

Was one of the ones with serious doubts about him coming back but that was an immense centre half performance from him and Halkett today.

Corstorphine Jambo

He played well I thought. I actually thought Halkett was the best defender today. Very aggressive in the air and in the tackle

Berra summed up our performance today. 

Poor in the first half (and I don’t blame Neilson for trying to contain) but immense in the second half. Bullied Eduoard. 

Still agree we need to look forward and long term he isn’t the answer

6 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

He played well I thought. I actually thought Halkett was the best defender today. Very aggressive in the air and in the tackle

Halkett was my MOTM.  

hearts attack

They both played well and gave everything for the club. Berra deserves a lot of credit for what he has done and continues to do for the club.

Thought Berra had an excellent game today.  Was unlucky at the penalty and never knew a thing about it. Him and Halkett totally dominated from the second half to the end of ET. 

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Thought Berra had an excellent game today.  Was unlucky at the penalty and never knew a thing about it. Him and Halkett totally dominated from the second half to the end of ET. 

Thought he gave his all today, stupid flaying of arms for pen and lost Brown for 3rd. Never gave up though. 

41 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s just incredibly limited now. So is Halkett tbh. 

Nonsense Halkett is improving all the time and I think is becoming a great player for us. 

Berra may be a little short of legend status at Tynie but been a great servant. He deserves respect, played at a high level, made us decent money when he first left and always gives his all.  He’ll contribute for the rest of the season and then that’ll be that, clearly no renewal of his contract. 

After the penalty he had a great game.

He had been particularly poor up until then.

He cannot be our centre half in the premiership.

I'd like to see Popescu play more.

Berra had a good game, shame about the pen, hit him on the back of the hand after the ball had passed him, purely accidental and a ridiculous rule. 

12 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Unlucky his hands were in an unnatural position and the ball hit them. That’s the rules now. He knows it and knows he let us down. 

31 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Unlucky his hands were in an unnatural position and the ball hit them. That’s the rules now. He knows it and knows he let us down. 

He’ll be gutted for sure like the rest of us. It was an unnatural movement though and a bit unnecessary, which given how the events unfolded, makes it a bitter pill to swallow 

Can't fault his effort yesterday and he kept Eduard fairly quiet.

He's out of contract in the summer, so promotion will be a good way to bow out. Still feel he's got a year or two left in him with a championship side.

9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He’ll be gutted for sure like the rest of us. It was an unnatural movement though and a bit unnecessary, which given how the events unfolded, makes it a bitter pill to swallow 

Yeah there is no excuse for him. He’s an international defender at the twilight of his career. He should be oozing experience. That mistake was school boy stuff. 

13 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Would agree with that,Berra worked extra hard,thought he was unlucky at penalty decision,nothing intended.

Just watched the game back in the cold light of morning.  Penalty aside, Berra was excellent yesterday, and I would go as far as to say it was his best performance in a Hearts strip since his injury.  

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Just watched the game back in the cold light of morning.  Penalty aside, Berra was excellent yesterday, and I would go as far as to say it was his best performance in a Hearts strip since his injury.  

I take it you didn't see his attempt at trying to mark Brown  when he won the header that led to their thrid goal ?

I thought he played ok compared to how he has done previously having said that though.

Just a pity Ginnelly hadn't taken one of the chances he had late on to win it before going to penalties.

A_A wehatethehibs

Berra was, is and always will be a fighter for Hearts. He was our best defender yesterday. 

But unfortunately Hearts need upgrades x2 fit, quality, ball playing center halves when we get promoted. Its the most important piece of business we’ve had to do in years. 

jambo4_0matty
29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I take it you didn't see his attempt at trying to mark Brown  when he won the header that led to their thrid goal ?

I thought he played ok compared to how he has done previously having said that though.

Just a pity Ginnelly hadn't taken one of the chances he had late on to win it before going to penalties.

It's clear looking at the goal that Berra is marking Ajer and Kingsley marking Brown. Size wise there is no way Brown would be his man

24 minutes ago, jambo4_0matty said:

It's clear looking at the goal that Berra is marking Ajer and Kingsley marking Brown. Size wise there is no way Brown would be his man

Why did Berra try and grab Brown by the arm then?

bigsuperslim1874
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Berra was, is and always will be a fighter for Hearts. He was our best defender yesterday. 

But unfortunately Hearts need upgrades x2 fit, quality, ball playing center halves when we get promoted. Its the most important piece of business we’ve had to do in years. 

Halkett was the better of the two for me - I thought he was excellent. Berra had a good game too however - particularly 2nd half onwards.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We are going to have to spend or be very lucky in the transfer market  when we get up,     wheres the money going to come from as we're running at a loss big time this season ,   a lot to leave and a good few in ,, hope were looking around even now.