Berra......

Section Q

26 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 

Now a new window awaits. 

To say that we need to improve the signings dramatically is a rather big understatement. 

Can he be trusted to find them?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Herbert.

• A_A wehatethehibs

4 hours ago, R1874 said:

Berra isn’t very good anymore but Halkett is struggling too

Time to break them up. They have had enough chances and failed

Will say this on Berra. He’s done well in home games and against Celtic (minus pen).I slightly disagree with the ‘he’s finished’ narrative 

I think he’d be fine if a) next to a top quality CB (pre injury Souttar) and b) a midfield that can protect him and take the ball with confidence 

Put Berra next to a fully fit Souttar with Irving and fully fit Haring in front he’d be absolutely fine. 

Without all that we need to buy an actual centre half but we aren’t really good at that either

We need to push the boat out and get someone in to replace Berra first and foremost and the only one off the top of my head would be Dunne if it was possible, even on a pre-season contract before others show an interest. He's on his last year down there, not getting games, left-sided, good in the air as well as with the ball at his feet, vocal towards his team-mates and is young enough to make an impression and get a big money move back down south in two or three years time. It might be a difficult ask to get him but if you don't ask, you don't get. He has said he'd love to play for Hearts again one day as well so at least give him something to think about. 

If Souttar could get himself up to fitness levels, him and Dunne would be the new defensive partnership. With Kingsley at left-back, Smith at right-back and Gordon in goals, it's a positive start. Popescu won't be here long-term and has, in fact, already fallen out of favour, Halkett who does his best and is fine as an emergency back-up defender should be playing in a more defensive midfield role then work through the team from there. 

Edited by jambonian

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

We need to push the boat out and get someone in to replace Berra first and foremost and the only one off the top of my head would be Dunne if it was possible, even on a pre-season contract before others show an interest. He's on his last year down there, not getting games, left-sided, good in the air as well as with the ball at his feet, vocal towards his team-mates and is young enough to make an impression and get a big money move back down south in two or three years time. It might be a difficult ask to get him but if you don't ask, you don't get. He has said he'd love to play for Hearts again one day as well so at least give him something to think about. 

If Souttar could get himself up to fitness levels, him and Dunne would be the new defensive partnership. With Kingsley at left-back, Smith at right-back and Gordon in goals, it's a positive start. Popescu won't be here long-term and has, in fact, already fallen out of favour, Halkett who does his best and is fine as an emergency back-up defender should be playing in a more defensive midfield role then work through the team from there. 

There are a few decent CB's available. Guthrie from Livi is available of a pre contract now and scores goals as well as being able to pass the ball.

Dunne would be a great signing but I fear he would be offered better options down south.

Fort Vallance

I still think Halkett is at an age where he can still improve. He could do with a decent out and out stopper beside him. Although I still think he would be better a bit further forward where he wouldn't be so exposed.

Berra is finished but it's not his fault he's playing, he doesn't pick the team. He's hardly going to say nah Robbie just leave me out. 

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There are a few decent CB's available. Guthrie from Livi is available of a pre contract now and scores goals as well as being able to pass the ball.

Dunne would be a great signing but I fear he would be offered better options down south.

I'm sure there may well be other clubs down south that are aware of him and he could well be out of our price bracket but like i say, you don't ask you don't get. He might just be the type that thinks it's an interesting move, what harm can a couple of years do type of person and he already knows the club. Probably way out of our wage structure but if it was to happen it would be seen as a statement of intent to the fans and Scottish football that we're no longer shopping in Poundland and hoping something lasts for more than a few months.

10 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I still think Halkett is at an age where he can still improve. He could do with a decent out and out stopper beside him. Although I still think he would be better a bit further forward where he wouldn't be so exposed.

Berra is finished but it's not his fault he's playing, he doesn't pick the team. He's hardly going to say nah Robbie just leave me out. 

Halkett is a good squad player who can step in at central defence if needed in an emergency. He'd be far more effective sitting in front of a solid back two in a defensive midfield role, linking with the other midfielders/wingers and getting forward to score.

Edited by jambonian

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who has he helped sign in the past?

He starts tomorrow so not that many. I do know he binned the old and built a new scouting network at Preston North End so kinda hoping he has similar lined up as our current recruitment system is pants.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Halkett is pish

HEARTS FOREVER
20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Folk just waiting to ponce on anything. He's played well recently, had a shite game tonight but he certainly wasn't the only one. 

Berra and the Black cat were the main protagonists on us going down. Last season 

The guys finished. We need much better.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

All Robbie's.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly. 

Now a new window awaits. 

To say that we need to improve the signings dramatically is a rather big understatement. 

2 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Can he be trusted to find them?

Yip, quality players would have been lining up to move to the Scottish championship, for a reduced season starting in October with Covid financial restrictions. 

Our team has us top and comfortably,Despite all the shite. 

We don't need, nor can afford and attract players to push for the treble quite yet. 

We need to offload players that got us relegated, get promoted and make sure financially covid doesn't ruin us before getting better players to compete in the top flight. 

It's not rocket science. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Berra and the Black cat were the main protagonists on us going down. Last season 

Berra never played much or at all under stendel, that was about 12 games he wasn't even here for. 

But aye, it was Berra fault.😂

Thanks for the memories skipper you won the Scottish Cup with us, and your service to the club will always be remembered, but for the better of this club and to not tarnish your legacy-career with us. 

Please leave and let someone else have the chance of playing instead. 

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, quality players would have been lining up to move to the Scottish championship, for a reduced season starting in October with Covid financial restrictions. 

We don't need, nor can afford and attract players to push for the treble quite yet. 

We need to offload players that got us relegated, get promoted and make sure financially covid doesn't ruin us before getting better players to compete in the top flight. 

It's not rocket science. 

Correct, it is a two to three year stretch. That only covers previous mistakes, we will return to the SPL this year. No idea what state we will be in by then though.

sandylejambo
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not rocket science. 

its not rocket science to expect players to break sweat during a game of football but Robbie cant manage to get them to do that. it's the very least we expect but our players only do that when they can be arsed

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks for the memories skipper you won the Scottish Cup with us, and your service to the club will always be remembered, but for the better of this club and to not tarnish your legacy-career with us. 

Please leave and let someone else have the chance of playing instead. 

Not many players would make this decision imo,    he still desperately wants to play.    The decision needs to come from RN,  he picks the team.   Personally I'd rather see Popescu again,    he also worries me tbh but in this league, and with the possession we have,   a better ball player and runner is surely a benefit.   Hopefully we can shore up this transfer window. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not rocket science. 

And our basic salary is low. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Not many players would make this decision imo,    he still desperately wants to play.    The decision needs to come from RN,  he picks the team.   Personally I'd rather see Popescu again,    he also worries me tbh but in this league, and with the possession we have,   a better ball player and runner is surely a benefit.   Hopefully we can shore up this transfer window. 

The big lad tries and puts his all into playing, i feel for him. If other players in the side fought like him we would be better off. Talking about Berra.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The big lad tries and puts his all into playing, i feel for him. If other players in the side fought like him we would be better off

100%,    certain other players should be hanging their heads in shame after the Dundee debacle.  Can't fault Berras commitment for the cause. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

100%,    certain other players should be hanging their heads in shame after the Dundee debacle.  Can't fault Berras commitment for the cause. 

He was fouled as well one of their goals.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

its not rocket science to expect players to break sweat during a game of football but Robbie cant manage to get them to do that. it's the very least we expect but our players only do that when they can be arsed

8 wins from 10 as well, wait until they do break sweat, 10-0 's all the way.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Correct, it is a two to three year stretch. That only covers previous mistakes, we will return to the SPL this year. No idea what state we will be in by then though.

Stendel got the shitty end of the stick and Covid made sure it  snapped with him on the end of it.

Robbie has got the luxury of this season to get rid of the crap, suss players out and still be able to win the league. He doesn't need better than he has to win this league, even at this early  stage that looks to be the case. Folk need to chill, we aren't building a side to finish in the top 3 of the top flight this season.

The big rebuild is all about next season, lots of players out of contract, lots of players required and he need to assert a style on the team and get the ****ing club sorted.

Kidd’s Boots
21 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Bringing Popescu back allows 3 others players to focus on runners and everything else going on in a game rather than what Berra is up to and bailing him out. His distribution is much better and when played always seemed to want to move it forward to get things started. He not the most comfortable playing on the left, but a run of games would do him the world of good.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Halkett is a good squad player who can step in at central defence if needed in an emergency. He'd be far more effective sitting in front of a solid back two in a defensive midfield role, linking with the other midfielders/wingers and getting forward to score.

All I can say is 😂😂😂😂😂

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stendel got the shitty end of the stick and Covid made sure it  snapped with him on the end of it.

Robbie has got the luxury of this season to get rid of the crap, suss players out and still be able to win the league. He doesn't need better than he has to win this league, even at this early  stage that looks to be the case. Folk need to chill, we aren't building a side to finish in the top 3 of the top flight this season.

The big rebuild is all about next season, lots of players out of contract, lots of players required and he need to assert a style on the team and get the ****ing club sorted.

I see it as a godsend, we get to re group and look at changing things in the right direction. Never an easy time renovating, always messy with all sorts of nasty surprises. Once we get through the next six months we will be a year into our comeback. The re build starts when we are crowned Champions.

Barney bulge

Popescu is not the answer ffs 

would be better putting Kingsley to centre half and Halliday to left back. 

or smith to centre half and just playing without a right back as Brandon is ceek aswell total bombscare 

1 hour ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

We do but the choices are limited. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I see it as a godsend, we get to re group and look at changing things in the right direction. Never an easy time renovating, always messy with all sorts of nasty surprises. Once we get through the next six months we will be a year into our comeback. The re build starts when we are crowned Champions.

Yip, we should never have been here, but with no time machine that is what it is all about.

HEARTS FOREVER
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Berra never played much or at all under stendel, that was about 12 games he wasn't even here for. 

Where were we when Stendel took over.......dire straits 

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, we should never have been here, but with no time machine that is what it is all about.

This a cross roads for us, how we react in the next few months determines our future prospects.

HEARTS FOREVER
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have you lost your memory? We were in a mess before stendel came in, thats why he came in and folk like Berra took us there. When Stemdel came in....he got shot of berra because he was shipping goals in week after week

Are you saying Berra is good for the team? 

Barney bulge

I’m glad we got relegated. As that team would put us through it all again this season  in the spl !!! 
got about 5 players good enough.

berra along with Walker ate totally done at any sort of decent level. 
it’s a Shame as good hearts men

done a good job at one time. But facts are facts. 
berras had a great career and I salute him,but he’s absolutely finished and the sooner he admits it the better.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Have you lost your memory? We were in a mess before stendel came in, thats why he came in and folk like Berra took us there. When Stemdel came in....he got shot of berra because he was shipping goals in week after week

Are you saying Berra is good for the team? 

Dunno, but stendel made his changes that included punting Berra and we went on a good run and got out of the relegation spot. 

Oh wait, we didn't. We actually fell into the relegation spot. 

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Big question is why is Berra constantly left marking 2 and 3 players? what are we reasonably expecting him to be able to do there.

Why is this the situation with 2 DMs on the park?

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Big question is why is Berra constantly left marking 2 and 3 players? what are we reasonably expecting him to be able to do there.

Kingsley isn't that great defensively, good player but not great at marking. 

That exposes Berra a bit. 

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, jambonian said:

Good post, I would push the boat out for Dunne and put a reasonable transfer clause in his contract. I don’t think we can rely on Souttar though so another CH will be required too. 

Pasquale for King

Might need to go to three at the back as we did in the final for the remaining difficulty away games, or as it’s been said play one of Smith/Kingsley/Haring there in a four.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

We don’t have two DMs at the club, Haring is the only one. The others fancy themselves as attacking types. 

WheatfieldWarrior
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We don’t have two DMs at the club, Haring is the only one. The others fancy themselves as attacking types. 

Andy Halliday is the other one.  He's listed as a DM on transfermarkt. 

WheatfieldWarrior
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post, I would push the boat out for Dunne and put a reasonable transfer clause in his contract. I don’t think we can rely on Souttar though so another CH will be required too. 

Dunne is currently 4th choice CB at Burnley who are a EPL team.  

He did well when he was here on loan, however he is not a realistic signing.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Andy Halliday is the other one.  He's listed as a DM on transfermarkt. 

Yeah but he’s not in any shape or form a DM, he sees himself as an attacking midfielder and having seen him play now he’s not much cope in either position. No wonder Gerrard tried him at LB. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Dunne is currently 4th choice CB at Burnley who are a EPL team.  

He did well when he was here on loan, however he is not a realistic signing.

No he’s not but neither was Lafferty, Gordon, Berra or Naismith. He will go to a bigger team than us in the summer when he’s out of contract but there’s no harm in trying. 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but he’s not in any shape or form a DM, he sees himself as an attacking midfielder and having seen him play now he’s not much cope in either position. No wonder Gerrard tried him at LB. 

He shoots (row z) like a DM. :) 

He seems to go forward once or twice a game, but mostly sits in - he isn't making forward runs with the ball like Walker, Ginnelly or Naismith.