• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

5 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

How old are you?

There have been far worse players at Hearts.

Although, tbf, he is rather pants tonight.

Who though?

Twaddle, Jenkinson, James?? All front runners, but White literally doesn’t know what to do. Like, he’s not just pish. He just shouldn’t be there.

Oshaniwa maybe? Possibly on a par with Barassa. Well intentioned, but just not a footballer. 

I think The Treasurer said it earlier.  Some players looked like they aren’t interested because they’ve been given a rare start in a cup game.

A sign of the entitled , when in truth, some of them should count themselves lucky to be a Hearts player. I know it pisses players off not playing regularly but get out there and be professional. Rise above the disappointment. It may help your career!

If anything, it should help Neilson identify who to keep and who to offload in time. 

4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

At least no one can say Robbie isn't giving players a chance to claim a jersey.

We keep winning, even when playing bad, so i canny wait till it clicks. 

None of them are taking advantage though. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I get the feeling Levein was an unlucky ***** Neilson is most definitely a lucky one 

You make your own luck. I think Levein was doing the job on 50% attention. Letting his assistants do the day to day, then stepping in to pick the team a la Ferguson...

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A wins a win but an awful performance.

Is that the only way we can go about beating small teams away from home,  awful performances and scrape by by a goal,as that will catch up with us soon?

Good Summary. It is woeful to watch. We seem incapable of taking a throw in and retaining possession. East Fife deserved a draw, and we were hanging on at the end. Not good enough.

The Future's Maroon

Wins a win in my book, every game could be a scrappy 1-0 win and I’d be happy tbh.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

From Currie I believe? Got through though - all that matters 😉

Spoiler. I'm behind!!! Still watching it

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Geezo, Hearts don't half like making us sweat. Every game we're clinging on for the last 10. 🙈 Top of the group, another win. Forget it and move on. Lie down needed

Now, imagine you support Hibs and your team is chuffed over by every media outlet about how incredible your team is - and you crap a derby semi final then capitulate from there. I know what I’d prefer ☺️😉

We won which is all we needed. However that was woeful performance. Henderson and Brandon are nowhere good enough for Hearts. Frear jury is well and truly out on him. Berra is finished. The rest were on the park but that was about it.

2 minutes ago, Mighty jam said:

(2 of which pen's) don't need to read the stats the quality of his finishing stinks far to many flash over the bar.... hit em low.....and most promising moves just fizzel out always seems to take wrong option or wait too long or not direct enough.... sorry but just don't believe he will prove to be very effective.... even in championship......I do hope he proves me wrong though!  I don,t doubt his effort

🤪

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

None of them are taking advantage though. 

I agree. I would hope he's learnt a fair bit about some of them tonight.

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

hardly

Don’t usually like to have a go at players but don’t rate him at all. He’s almost sold the jerseys in every game so far. Don’t see why Berra is fair game but this guy is immune. 

I also remember having similar arguments with posters who said Dikamona was player. 

2 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

3-2 win in a cup tie away - job done Hearts - well done!

Correct. I’ve seen enough shite performances in the league cup groups to know any win will do. 

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Many strange posts on here tonight...

Aye  its reekin...

They are so transparent and not very clever. There are a few  on here i will be watching closely. It's a matter of time before they take the bait and are seen for what they really are,

FTH.

3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Pretty dull stuff. I’d have expected to see some players out a claim in to be starting but no one looked like it. 
frear & white were poor, hopefully never see that back 4 combo again, wighton isolated for about 90 minutes.

I know it was a weakened team but they are still professional footballers against part timers. 

Ah well, another win & should be seeded for the draw.

A dull 2-3 cup win? 

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

We won which is all we needed. However that was woeful performance. Henderson and Brandon are nowhere good enough for Hearts. Frear jury is well and truly out on him. Berra is finished. The rest were on the park but that was about it.

My thoughts exactly. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Wins a win in my book, every game could be a scrappy 1-0 win and I’d be happy tbh.

We have scrappy wins like this in the cups every single season, and often a scrappy losses as well. Difference is most of us don't see them. Anyone reading anything into this performance needs to give their head a shake. We struggled to beat Cowdenbeath at the same ground with a better team and a week later thrashed Dundee and a week after that cuffed Hibs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Miko scored seriously quick against St Mirren in a 2-2 when Valdas came back from a period of absence. Think that was quicker , might be wrong though. 2 in 3 mins i cant remember anything like that before

👍

5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's obviously good winning, and he's an expert at that in the championship with triple the finances of everyone else.

It's just the same old shite though. 

You ragin aye ? 

Just now, maroonlegions said:

Aye  its reekin...

They are so transparent and not very clever. There are a few  on here i will be watching closely. It's a matter of time before they take the bait and are seen for what they really are,

FTH.

I like you mate, but ffs, you're going to spend your time watching people very closely on here? haha. 

Get the Ufo thread back on the go. 

Just now, DS98 said:

Don’t usually like to have a go at players but don’t rate him at all. He’s almost sold the jerseys in every game so far. Don’t see why Berra is fair game but this guy is immune. 

I also remember having similar arguments with posters who said Dikamona was player. 

he’s hardly immune but he’s also not made many mistakes and has played in every game and has a 100% win record. He played well at Hampden and that tonight was hard given the changes and there was some poor performances out there but he was ok for me.

Berra deserves a pass as he’s just back but he will likely be cover.

2 goals in the first two minutes was funny. Another win. 100% in the group and seeded for the next round. All plus points. Nothing much else to say from a pretty dull game lacking in quality all round.

No complaints here. Weakened team, great start to the game, 8 straight wins and in the last 16.

That'll do. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You make your own luck. I think Levein was doing the job on 50% attention. Letting his assistants do the day to day, then stepping in to pick the team a la Ferguson...

I think you are right 

OK, we rode our luck tonight, but made it through.  Robbie was right to give some of the second string a run out tonight, when would he have a better opportunity to give them a chance to stake a claim?  Unfortunately, Ross Stewart aside, I don't think any of them did themselves any favours.  

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

You ragin aye ? 

Not at all. We won. 

But i will argue with people that think we're further forward than we were 6-7 years ago. It's like going back in time but about 20 million quid later. 

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Do you think we should keep looking for excuses?

We were playing East Fife/Arbroath and Cowdenbeath. Heart of Midlothian FC should have a team/squad who should be able to produce better performances in these type of games. It is no longer a one off, it is becoming the norm.

I'll take the win all day long, I just think acceptance of these performances catches up with you.

We'll get out found out at Dunfermline if we don't massively improve our performance levels. 

6 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

He was as lucky as we were!

My daughter tells me, I meant to say.😁

It's the highlight of my week. We have a cake and watch bake off. M & S Strawberry Clotted cream tonight. Better than Boycie's goal on Saturday 

Sorry, back to football. Nervy from about 10 mins in. First 11 fine. Real lack of depth, particularly upfront. Wighton got zero service. Thankless task for him. Through though so on we go

The Goalscoring Knee
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

No complaints here. Weakened team, great start to the game, 8 straight wins and in the last 16.

That'll do. 

Is the correct response. 

Absolute Scenes

7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's obviously good winning, and he's an expert at that in the championship with triple the finances of everyone else.

It's just the same old shite though. 

Ohhhhh it just gets better and better 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭

your tears, your beautiful tears 😂😂

you have totally and utterly blown cover so many times but this tops it. That’ll be the same as Jack Ross whose been given the biggest budget for your team since you can remember and all you can sign Gogic and Paul McGinn 😂😂😂

into the final we go!!!! Do let us know if we can send someone to check on you though, being a rocket hibby in “disguise” can be tough 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

We'll get out found out at Dunfermline if we don't massively improve our performance levels. 

Not necessarily. Struggled vs Cowden and Arbroath away and beat Dundee and Hibs straight after.

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Strange post

every one of those wins were woeful were they? 

I was not being entirely serious, it was a dig at some of the comments that have been made throughout our wins so far this season.

Edited by Bluesy1874

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not at all. We won. 

But i will argue with people that think we're further forward than we were 6-7 years ago. It's like going back in time but about 20 million quid later. 

Fair enough if you think that but you can't change it.

We are winning games now and have a sc final in a month, so do everyone a break and away and bleet and lie in your own self pity elsewhere.

I'm actually intrigued to see your reaction after we get beat. 

Edited by Smith's right boot