***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We'll get out found out at Dunfermline if we don't massively improve our performance levels. 

I guarantee we wont. 

by Dunfermline we’ll have the width back we were missing for that last few games, and will have our strongest team back, Naismith included

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bootzilla said:

Good squad management - I remember not getting past this stage not so long ago. 

Has happened far too often in the league cup. Even happened under Burley. Still on track for the quadreble.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

I was not being entirely serious, it was a dig at some of the comments that have been made throughout our wins so far this season.

Sorry ma man 👍 got so many roasters on here tonight it’s difficult to see past some not so serious posts!!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

We'll get out found out at Dunfermline if we don't massively improve our performance levels. 

We're going to mash Dunfermline.

By the season end they won't be within 15 points of us, maybe even 20.

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Now, imagine you support Hibs and your team is chuffed over by every media outlet about how incredible your team is - and you crap a derby semi final then capitulate from there. I know what I’d prefer ☺️😉

I'd have to hide all the rope and sharp objects before attempting to imagine such a thing...

All roads lead to Gorgie

Winning is what matters and we did just that so let's be positive. We are a big fish to teams like East Fife so it was expected they would bust a gut against us, we still won. 

2 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Is the correct response. 

Didn't even mention a fantastic derby win and the upcoming Cup final. 

Not too shabby, bud. 👍

Was there a year when we had to play penalties against Dunfermline even though we were already out the cup? May be remembering it wrong but we always seem to drop points in the groups against shite. Pish performance but I wouldn’t read much into it tbh. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not at all. We won. 

But i will argue with people that think we're further forward than we were 6-7 years ago. It's like going back in time but about 20 million quid later. 

Was the stand playing? No wonder, not very mobile 

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not at all. We won. 

But i will argue with people that think we're further forward than we were 6-7 years ago. It's like going back in time but about 20 million quid later. 

You are though  😂

Hearts aren't the club for you lad , move on .You're coming over all Hibs in nearly every post . It's ****ing hilarious stuff .

12 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

And didn’t we try to keep that record going , cheers for the answer 👍🏻

We did beat them once since but game was played at Stark's Park,,, but yes we nearly kept it going 👍

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I guarantee we wont. 

by Dunfermline we’ll have the width back we were missing for that last few games, and will have our strongest team back, Naismith included

We'll see. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

Was there a year when we had to play penalties against Dunfermline even though we were already out the cup? May be remembering it wrong but we always seem to drop points in the groups against shite. Pish performance but I wouldn’t read much into it tbh. 

Cathro last stand

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I just think acceptance of these performances catches up with you

If we played our first team in all these games I'd agree with you. We lack depth like every other team just now but, unless we have an 18/19 injury crisis again, the reserves we saw today should be fine filling in now and then instead of all playing at the same time.

Not too bothered about poor performance. We have been varying level of disappointing to terrible in all 4 of the LC games and we have won every one of them. 

Tonight was just about getting a win and not sustaining any injuries IMO. 

I don’t think it should come as any surprise that we do not have much quality in depth of the squad. Robbie inherited a lot of rubbish, some we could not shift on. 

The Academy also has not produced as much quality as it should have in the past 5 years IMO. 

Bazzas right boot

One of the highlights of the game was some random shouting to the hearts player that had taken a quick free kick-

" that wasn't fae there- ya dumplin'!"

See the source image

The Goalscoring Knee
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Didn't even mention a fantastic derby win and the upcoming Cup final. 

Not too shabby, bud. 👍

I'm easily satisfied, me. I just like winning. The style bit I'll worry about later.👍

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Cathros last game in charge I believe

pretty sure all our players missed on purpose 😂

Brighton Jambo

I couldn’t watch the game tonight so been following the comments on here.  A few are ridiculous to say the least.  

A November evening weekday cup match away to a lower league team with our second eleven picked and people expect us to play scintillating football and win comfortably.  That’s just simply not how football works and I suspect most people know that but they just can’t hide their agendas.

Eight wins from eight and people are already lining up the criticism of the manager because the football isn’t good enough.  It’s frankly tiresome and pathetic.

Job well done, very rare that teams thrown together stick on delightful performance. 

One thing people will learn over the course of the season is we will come up against teams who are extremely well drilled and have the nucleus of a team that has played together for 3/4 seasons. 

What they lack in quality they make up in determination so simply happy to take 3 points and pretty much secure a seeded spot in next round draw.

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A dull 2-3 cup win? 

Surely you didn’t find that exciting? 

I’m happy with the win but that wasn’t a great game no matter how many goals were scored. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not necessarily. Struggled vs Cowden and Arbroath away and beat Dundee and Hibs straight after.

The same shite was getting trotted out before the Semi . These clowns can't help themselves slaughtering the team at every opportunity, best ignored . 

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

OK, we rode our luck tonight, but made it through.  Robbie was right to give some of the second string a run out tonight, when would he have a better opportunity to give them a chance to stake a claim?  Unfortunately, Ross Stewart aside, I don't think any of them did themselves any favours.  

We were without Smith and Halkett  but if we lose one of then we could struggle defensively on that showing. Popescu looks ok until h'lle has a bad case of the Damours a couple of times every game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, GinRummy said:

That’s right. Wasn’t at the game. Watched it on telly.  Coming back to me a bit now. 

The penalties were quite frankly laughable 

Just now, allystrachan said:

I’m happy with the win but that wasn’t a great game no matter how many goals were scored. 

I found it exciting tbh. Not good football but plenty to keep me interested. 

1 minute ago, allystrachan said:

The word ‘dull’ definitely doesn’t best describe it.

Its a shame some fringe players couldn't step up. 

I'd be surprised if any more than 2 of the starters tonight are anywhere near the 1st team next year in the premier

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Ever think that certain teams see Hearts as a big club. And that these games are like their own cup final. We’re not either one of the @$$ cheeks and so should never assume to just show up and win. 8-0 cannot be a bad thing surely.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

he’s hardly immune but he’s also not made many mistakes and has played in every game and has a 100% win record. He played well at Hampden and that tonight was hard given the changes and there was some poor performances out there but he was ok for me.

Berra deserves a pass as he’s just back but he will likely be cover.

If you think he’s not made many mistakes you need to watch a bit closer. Not dominant enough for me and takes too many risks. Obviously too early to write him off but he gives me the fear. 

Like I said I’m not one for ripping in to our own players. Off the top of my head Martin, Dikamona, Pereria and Avdijaj are the only ones I can think of. He’s not in that company yet. 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Not too bothered about poor performance. We have been varying level of disappointing to terrible in all 4 of the LC games and we have won every one of them. 

Tonight was just about getting a win and not sustaining any injuries IMO. 

I don’t think it should come as any surprise that we do not have much quality in depth of the squad. Robbie inherited a lot of rubbish, some we could not shift on. 

The Academy also has not produced as much quality as it should have in the past 5 years IMO. 

Let's just hope Lee is OK. 

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We were without Smith and Halkett  but if we lose one of then we could struggle defensively on that showing. Popescu looks ok until h'lle has a bad case of the Damours a couple of times every game.

Plus Gordon and Kingsley, last 20 aside.

Guest ToqueJambo

For perspective, the "elite" teams of Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, St J, D Utd, Killie and Hibs have also not been convincing in the LC. Unlike most of them, we've at least won every game. Things don't get serious until the knockout stages.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

How did Scott McGill do? Didn't watch tonight but been impressed by him in games I have seen. 

Wasn’t really in the game much. Struggled to get involved. 

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, martoon said:

How did Scott McGill do? Didn't watch tonight but been impressed by him in games I have seen. 

Didn't really notice him tbh, he won't have been helped by some more experienced players not playing that well 

14 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not inconceivable that Popescu is the only player from tonight's starting line up that starts V Dunfermline.

We played our reserves tonight and still won, it wasn't pretty but mission accomplished.

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

He was ok, he gave away fouls alot and ended up booked for it. Was involved in some decent parts of play and was missing at other times. 6 at best

Just now, WDJ87 said:

He was ok, he gave away fouls alot and ended up booked for it. Was involved in some decent parts of play and was missing at other times. 6 at best

I expect McGill will go out on loan now that group stages are finished.

I find it amazing the likes of Brandon and Henderson are still starting games for us. They aren't good enough and never will be. 

Frear is a passanger. Berra is done. 

Let's hope the main 13/14 players don't pick up lengthy injuries. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Pretty decent but midfield didn't dominate enough. Lightweight without Haring and Halliday.

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I expect McGill will go out on loan now that group stages are finished.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't end of Oct the cut off for loans?

My take.

Best start to a game in years!

1-0 in 20 seconds and 2-0 70 seconds after that. 
Then.

Awful game.

We won ugly.

Would have been nice to have been in full control and banged in another couple but we won. 
Won.

Won.

Anyone want Levein back???

Naw!

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I find it amazing the likes of Brandon and Henderson are still starting games for us. They aren't good enough and never will be. 

Brandon is far too erratic.  Despite his energy, he’s just not maturing into a competent full back.  The gulf between him and Smith is too big. 

I haven’t given up hope on Henderson.  I rate the lad, he has something about him.  Just think he had an off night tonight.

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Feel sorry for Brandon, looked really good when he first came into the team, then got a bad injury, came back against celtic, got sent off , harshly imo, now looks a bit lost, maybe a loan would help him ?

I've never seen anything from Henderson.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For perspective, the "elite" teams of Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County, St J, D Utd, Killie and Hibs have also not been convincing in the LC. Unlike most of them, we've at least won every game. Things don't get serious until the knockout stages.

Killie  :rofl:

You got more spin than Shane Warne and Mulralitharans love child