• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Kxf51 said:

Feel sorry for Brandon, looked really good when he first came into the team, then got a bad injury, came back against celtic, got sent off , harshly imo, now looks a bit lost, maybe a loan would help him ?

I've never seen anything from Henderson.

Probably a permanent one. Just never got any better,  probably worse.

Henderson surprised me with Stendel but no other manager. 

1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Brandon is far too erratic.  Despite his energy, he’s just not maturing into a competent full back.  The gulf between him and Smith is too big. 

I haven’t given up hope on Henderson.  I rate the lad, he has something about him.  Just think he had an off night tonight.

1 minute ago, Kxf51 said:

Feel sorry for Brandon, looked really good when he first came into the team, then got a bad injury, came back against celtic, got sent off , harshly imo, now looks a bit lost, maybe a loan would help him ?

I've never seen anything from Henderson.

I thought Henderson looked promising a few years ago. Sure he livened up a game at Murrayfield against St Johnstone I think. Looked to have real pace. 

I don't think he's got any better. Just goes through games without having any real impact. I'm not sure what he's meant to be good at? 

Just now, David McCaig said:

Not outside the SPL 

👍 Wasn't sure. Hope he does well wherever he goes. Defo needs more first team experience

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Not outside the SPL 

Yeah we loaned out Leo Watson today Bonnyrigg Rose until January. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Killie  :rofl:

You got more spin than Shane Warne and Mulralitharans love child 

Yes the Killie with 3 points from 3 games. Their first team squeaked past Clyde today and their reserve team got cuffed 3-0 by Dunfermline at home while our reserves won every game. You can add Livvy to the "elite" list not exactly skooshing the LC as they scraped past Alloa at home.

Edited by ToqueJambo

A reserve game.

Better than I expected it to be with the added bonus of the comedy commentary.

Tenner well spent.

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I thought Henderson looked promising a few years ago. Sure he livened up a game at Murrayfield against St Johnstone I think. Looked to have real pace. 

I don't think he's got any better. Just goes through games without having any real impact. I'm not sure what he's meant to be good at? 

Agreed, exactly how I used to play football, no impact whatsoever 😂

It's a shame, he does try hard, you can see that.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I find it amazing the likes of Brandon and Henderson are still starting games for us. They aren't good enough and never will be. 

Frear is a passanger. Berra is done. 

Let's hope the main 13/14 players don't pick up lengthy injuries. 

Thought frear offered nothing. Rarely even tried to beat his man until late on then did 3 or 4 decent things but yup MIA fot 85 mins.

20 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Pretty anonymous 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t really in the game much. Struggled to get involved. 

19 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Didn't really notice him tbh, he won't have been helped by some more experienced players not playing that well 

Cheers. 

38 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not at all. We won. 

But i will argue with people that think we're further forward than we were 6-7 years ago. It's like going back in time but about 20 million quid later. 

We are strapped for cash this season and no real need to improve the squad or spend what we don’t have to. Two things are virtually certain.

1. We will romp this league with the squad we have

2. Shortcomings and gaps in the squad needing to be filled for NEXT season will be identified and filled as best as we can then afford.

I’m not worried in the least if performances are sometimes of the ‘grind it out’ variety. Even a poor performance like tonight seems to have been isn’t of any consequence since we did the job required. Keep doing that and we can worry about the squad quality when we actually need to and can afford to.

Edited by JimmyCant

19 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He was ok, he gave away fouls alot and ended up booked for it. Was involved in some decent parts of play and was missing at other times. 6 at best

17 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Pretty decent but midfield didn't dominate enough. Lightweight without Haring and Halliday.

Cheers. 

39 minutes ago, chimpto said:

Who though?

Twaddle, Jenkinson, James?? All front runners, but White literally doesn’t know what to do. Like, he’s not just pish. He just shouldn’t be there.

Oshaniwa maybe? Possibly on a par with Barassa. Well intentioned, but just not a footballer. 

Kizys, Kurskis, Kenny Anderson and Pereira to name a few.

23 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We were without Smith and Halkett  but if we lose one of then we could struggle defensively on that showing. Popescu looks ok until h'lle has a bad case of the Damours a couple of times every game.

I agree, although I also recognise it's difficult to judge when you bring in so many second stringers at the same.  Maybe some of them would do OK if they were brought in to cover an injury in an otherwise full strength side, but none of them tonight gave Robbie any selection headaches for the next league match, which is a bit disappointing.

18Jambo_dave74

We have made a meal of these Betfred group stages ever since they were introduced a few years back. All I wanted is for us to win 4/4 and be seeded for the next round so I’m delighted we have done that.

Chances are we should get an easier draw in the next round although we have been lucky in past years and avoided the bigger clubs when we have qualified as a non seed. Once we’ve qualified out the group we have done not bad the last 2 seasons.

Obviously this competition doesn’t come close to winning the Scottish Cup however for a club of our standing our record in the league cup is shocking. 

As for tonight’s performance, yes it was pretty brutal. However it was a second string side and being honest the majority of them aren’t/ won’t be good enough to play for Hearts and most will be gone next summer. 

25 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I find it amazing the likes of Brandon and Henderson are still starting games for us. They aren't good enough and never will be. 

I find it amazing that Brandon, Moore and Henderson were given new contracts and even more amazing that we signed Frear. 😏

29 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He was ok, he gave away fouls alot and ended up booked for it. Was involved in some decent parts of play and was missing at other times. 6 at best

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Pretty decent but midfield didn't dominate enough. Lightweight without Haring and Halliday.

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cheers. 

Agree . He is a young lad tho so he will needs a bit more game time to get some experience to see if he can step up to the level he needs to be.

1 hour ago, Phage said:

Weak team, win in sub optimum conditions. Berra is finished. Another win. Stop moaning. Decent mins for the fringe players.

Stop moaning about Berra

3 hours ago, kila said:

What's the problem doing commentary up there at the moment Laurie?

Only one working line at Bayview. We thought there might be a second port that could be used but upon arrival tonight it was clear the line was completely dead. Frustrating as we knew it was a possibility, hence the announcement early from the club about no guarantee on coverage, but I had to get all my prep done in advance anyway (as per the earlier attachment). 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Looked like we weren't playing off sides. Their first goal looked miles offside and the second looked suspicious.

Hard to tell with the camera angle. We were caught flatfooted several times though.  

43 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

A reserve game.

Better than I expected it to be with the added bonus of the comedy commentary.

Tenner well spent.

This. Decent watch for a reserve team game. Livened up by some unintentionally hilarious commentary from the neeburs. 

47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We are strapped for cash this season and no real need to improve the squad or spend what we don’t have to. Two things are virtually certain.

1. We will romp this league with the squad we have

2. Shortcomings and gaps in the squad needing to be filled for NEXT season will be identified and filled as best as we can then afford.

I’m not worried in the least if performances are sometimes of the ‘grind it out’ variety. Even a poor performance like tonight seems to have been isn’t of any consequence since we did the job required. Keep doing that and we can worry about the squad quality when we actually need to and can afford to.

A fair and well measured post. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Kizys, Kurskis, Kenny Anderson and Pereira to name a few.

I thought we'd have to go some to find worst players than Beniusis and Wittenween, but I'd have to say Pereira is the most consistently bad player I've seen play for Hearts in over 35 years. I can't think of another player who cost us so many games and points by not being able to do the most basic things. And he's still contracted to Man Utd!

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought we'd have to go some to find worst players than Beniusis and Wittenween, but I'd have to say Pereira is the most consistently bad player I've seen play for Hearts in over 35 years. I can't think of another player who cost us so many games and points by not being able to do the most basic things. And he's still contracted to Man Utd!

I think I agree. 

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Couldn't agree more, more than any other player last season he cost us our place in the Premiership.  The ball seemed to go through him whenever anyone had a shot at our goal.  Bobby might have had his bomb scare moments, but he was at least a decent shot stopper and I have no doubt if Bobby had been in goals instead of Pereira, we would not have been relegated.  We wouldn't have been challenging for top 6 either, but we would have been clear of bottom spot.

White was unbelievably bad and it’s time for Henderson to show something against teams like East Fife.  The team was unorganised and panicked too many times in fact East Fife should of had 2 penalties. Come on Robbie performances like that are embarrassing and yes we won but playing like that can’t help our players especially the younger lads. 

3 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

If he had it, we'd be seeing it by now.  Robbo was already approaching legend status by the time he was 19, not just because of the number of goals he scored, but because he scored them in the big matches, especially against the Hobos.

I'm not suggesting that Henderson needs to emulate Robbo, but if he was ever going to be good enough to make it as a first team player at Hearts, we'd have seen that by now.  I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening for him.

Another win, lovely. 

:yas:

C'mon Hearts. 

And Dunfermline shouldn't expect to match up against the same line up from last night. So neither should anyone on here be using it to have a go. 

Captain Sausage

Games like this you’d be expecting some of our fringe players to step up and make us take notice. 

Stewart was ok. 
Popescu is what he is, a poor centre back with liability written all over him. 
Berra is finished. The hoofs, my god. Every team we played had the same tactic when Berra started which was to push the ball to him then press and: voila! Possession returned. 
Brandon is rank rotten. He’s simply not good enough for Hearts. A backup to smith but I sigh anytime I see his name on the team sheet. 
White is not showing enough to merit a start. A mediocre substitute option. 
McGill was poor but he’s young. Hopefully he will improve. 
Irving is a class player, but he needs someone imposing next to him as he won’t be the player to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Great finish. 
Frear is dreadful. Poor signing. Hopefully only on a one year deal. 
Lee scores two but offered little else. Decent player though. 
Henderson is in the same camp as Brandon. Offers nothing and not good enough. 
Wighton has had a great start to the season but left out to dry tonight by Berra’s artillery and a lack of an imposing midfield. 

Overall, disappointing to see so many poor performances from players who should be desperate to show they are good enough to start the league games. Only Lee, Irving and Wighton get pass marks from me tonight. 

However, in amongst the doom and gloom, Neilson has led us to 8 wins in 8 - a 100% start to the season. Seeded in the knockouts. It’s not been pretty, but you can’t begrudge Neilson on his start. Keep it up!

9 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Pretty much this    

Brandon and Henderson have had a decent amount of game time between them and never produced anything - just not good enough to be playing for hearts  

Dissaponted with Frear so far and unfortunately the decline of Berra is sad to see , back up at best this season. 

Few players get pass marks from me.  

Stewart - better than Zlamal,Doyle Pereira not as good as Gordon. Had a few ok saves and is a decent back up GK 

Lee - 2 quick fire goals, and general passing was fine. 

Irving - Nice goal -  but can still do more  

Wighton - Can’t really rate , had one chance with a header could have done better with, other than that , no service but plenty effort.  

The rest who started - poor on the night  

4/4 from in the BetFred , a competition we have historically struggled in, always happy with a win and look to the next round. 

Edited by Scott980612

36 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Games like this you’d be expecting some of our fringe players to step up and make us take notice. 

Stewart was ok. 
Berra is finished. The hoofs, my god. Every team we played had the same tactic when Berra started which was to push the ball to him then press and: voila! Possession returned. 
Brandon is rank rotten. He’s simply not good enough for Hearts. A backup to smith but I sigh anytime I see his name on the team sheet. 
Irving is a class player, but he needs someone imposing next to him as he won’t be the player to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. Great finish. 
Wighton has had a great start to the season but left out to dry tonight by Berra’s artillery and a lack of an imposing midfield. 

Overall, disappointing to see so many poor performances from players who should be desperate to show they are good enough to start the league games. Only Lee, Irving and Wighton get pass marks from me tonight. 

However, in amongst the doom and gloom, Neilson has led us to 8 wins in 8 - a 100% start to the season. Seeded in the knockouts. It’s not been pretty, but you can’t begrudge Neilson on his start. Keep it up!

Your account of players abilities is a joke based on very limited game time for several of them, it's laughable really.

9 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thought frear offered nothing. Rarely even tried to beat his man until late on then did 3 or 4 decent things but yup MIA fot 85 mins.

I thought he  came into it as soon as Naismith came on.

Bazzas right boot

Not sure why folk expect us to hammer all sides in the lc group stage, we never have and it's not often any side wins all thier games with big scores. 

12/12 is good and is all that matters. 

The realisation that playing 3/4 of our reserve side makes us a worse team should also not shock anyone. 

I sometimes wonder if some posters have ever watched football or get thier expectations from football management games. 

Captain Sausage
14 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Your account of players abilities is a joke based on very limited game time for several of them, it's laughable really.

Please elaborate? Which ones are laughable? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, superjack said:

I think he only really came into it really late on- when the p/t guys tired a bit and as they were a goal down they we were pushing forward. 

I would have came into it by then if I was playing for us. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I sometimes wonder if some posters have ever watched football or get thier expectations from football management games. 

Its all about the stats. Pass completions, tackles, assists, expected goals. ADMs, false nines and all that shite.

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, superjack said:

Maybe. Hadnt linked the 2 things but you could be right.

9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Berra and Frear for starters, Robbie wanted Frear at DUtd and he is a better judge than you or I.

Frear looks like a lost laddie at the moment. Seen little flashes of what he can do but I suspect he'll take a while to show any level of consistency.

Berra causes us problems as he can't pass, teams isolate him on the ball and invariably we lose possession with one of his trade mark hoofs. He can defend better than Popescu and possibly Halkett but I'm not sure he can fit into Neilsons style of play.

Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Berra and Frear for starters, Robbie wanted Frear at DUtd and he is a better judge than you or I.

Berra was rotten. If you disagree then I’m sorry but you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. How can you play a possession based game when one of your centre backs keeps hoofing the ball away. There is a reason Stendel punted him. 

Going by your logic, Stendel is a better judge than you or I so you must be wrong. 

On Frear, he is just so passive. He doesn’t offer anything different to what we have and he’s not as good as what we have. Neilson wanted him at Utd...so what? He also signed Osman Sow. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Stewart was ok. 

I would disagree with most of your points but signing frear and keeping Moore and Henderson whilst we have let Morrison go doesn’t make sense. Morrison scored another 2 last night and showed more potential than any of those players doesn’t make sense.

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Stewart was ok. 

Doom and Gloom?  

Gordon Ramsay
37 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Berra runs like an 80 year old man whose shat himself. 

Frear offers nothing. Small, weak and just generally pish.