***Official East Fife v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Bluesy1874 said:

8 woeful wins in a row and I for one am delighted! On to Dunfermline 

Strange post

every one of those wins were woeful were they? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

• sadj

best in the land
3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Feel like I've just watched a Sunday league game down the park

Both teams effing honkin :laugh:

Seen better Sunday league 

Malinga the Swinga

In cup game, all that matters is winning. Winning with almost exclusively 2nd string is even better. 

Wee break now and then smash Dunfermline. 

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

If I was a masochist I would have really enjoyed that

:rofl:😡

Wasn't sure which was most appropriate?

At least no one can say Robbie isn't giving players a chance to claim a jersey.

We keep winning, even when playing bad, so i canny wait till it clicks. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

A wins a win but an awful performance.

Is that the only way we can go about beating small teams away from home,  awful performances and scrape by by a goal,as that will catch up with us soon?

Do you think that will always be the starting xi?

ScandinavianJambo
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Strange post

Many strange posts on here tonight...

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Despite being 2-0 up inside 90 seconds, Hearts didn't half make it difficult for themselves.

Berra still not convincing.

Berra has convinced me 100%

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Gambo said:

A wins a win but an awful performance.

Is that the only way we can go about beating small teams away from home,  awful performances and scrape by by a goal,as that will catch up with us soon?

If we win every single game this season by one goal I won’t give a toss. We have won 8 games in a row. I don’t give a hoot if that’s against junior teams. That’s a fecking brilliant tally and will continue to keep celebrate the wins

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Common theme under Neilson. 

It certainly is. Boring ****ing wins every week, sometimes twice a week if we are really unlucky. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Strange post

I think he was being ironic.

54 minutes ago, graygo said:

What number are you getting stuck at?

Does this help?

stopped at 5 , my favourite number 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

My long term view on Berra, no more than a back up,  but really without a game since March wtf were people expecting 

:rofl:

100%

7 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Quite entertaining, pleased to get the win.

... worrying though we have zero depth in the squad. Many of the back up options just simply are not good enough. Any remotely decent team would've put us to the sword tonight. 

we will hopefully be playing with only 1 or 2 back ups at a time tho, if we need to play 5/6/7 back ups at the same time then yes, we will have a problem- most teams would, if not every team in the world.

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Imagine losing the rag to our second string team having a close fought game 😂😂😂 8 on the bounce well done lads

im in full agreement that Henderson, Brandon, Berra and others in that team today cannot be with hearts next season. Some being shown up massively 

Thats the most disappointing thing though mate. Guys who I thought were promising young players are really nowhere near good enough for our first team.

These guys should be standing out against East Fife but that type of team is actually who they should be playing for. 

Edinburgh boy toiling on the bake off too. Poor signature, very poor technical. Needs to get the finger out for the show stopper.

Robbie was completely right to see what some fringe players were capable of today. Don't think any of them took their chance though. After the first 5 minutes they always looked the more likely to score. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

8 woeful wins in a row and I for one am delighted! On to Dunfermline 

We weren't woeful against Dundee and we weren't woeful against Hibs. 

They did enough to win, what I am looking forward to is a complete 90 mins from us. We go in fits and starts at times but at the end of the day it's a win.

What I don't understand,  particularly from fringe players, is a lack of desire and hard work.   A few were just off the pace - this frustrates me far more than a lack of skill or capability.......not pressing or pushing up against East Fife FFS.    Another win which is great but our performance didn't deserve it.      I reckon Neilson will have learnt a huge amount tonight though and we move on.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Thats the most disappointing thing though mate. Guys who I thought were promising young players are really nowhere near good enough for our first team.

These guys should be standing out against East Fife but that type of team is actually who they should be playing for. 

You know what I agree, it is really sad as I imagine these lads were really excited when breaking through but reality is they don’t look like they have it

Geezo, Hearts don't half like making us sweat. Every game we're clinging on for the last 10. 🙈 Top of the group, another win. Forget it and move on. Lie down needed

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It certainly is. Boring ****ing wins every week, sometimes twice a week if we are really unlucky. 

:greggy:

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Edinburgh boy toiling on the bake off too. Poor signature, very poor technical. Needs to get the finger out for the show stopper.

From Currie I believe? Got through though - all that matters 😉

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Feel like I've just watched a Sunday league game down the park

Both teams effing honkin :laugh:

I enjoyed that, cracking end to end game of football, 5 goals, a few good strikes.

Give me that over the sanitized UCL any day of the week.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I hope so because the seethe on here will be mucho entertaining. :lol:

Just now, Boris said:

Do you think we should keep looking for excuses?

We were playing East Fife/Arbroath and Cowdenbeath. Heart of Midlothian FC should have a team/squad who should be able to produce better performances in these type of games. It is no longer a one off, it is becoming the norm.

I'll take the win all day long, I just think acceptance of these performances catches up with you.

fabienleclerq

A win but tbh East fife at the very least were good for a draw. Felt like last season when any ball over the top was a goal. 

Few have done themselves no favours if they want to start the real games. 

11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I do not think leading Scorer Wighton will be the problem.   Not sure how many chances he created but he gets involved in key moves well enough.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71485

He scored five not four.  Keep up bbc ffs ☺ 

(2 of which pen's) don't need to read the stats the quality of his finishing stinks far to many flash over the bar.... hit em low.....and most promising moves just fizzel out always seems to take wrong option or wait too long or not direct enough.... sorry but just don't believe he will prove to be very effective.... even in championship......I do hope he proves me wrong though!  I don,t doubt his effort

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

March 46 or 48. Think it might have been 48.

12 minutes ago, geomac said:

1947!

And didn’t we try to keep that record going , cheers for the answer 👍🏻

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Good thing?

It's obviously good winning, and he's an expert at that in the championship with triple the finances of everyone else.

It's just the same old shite though. 

The Goalscoring Knee

He was as lucky as we were!

My daughter tells me, I meant to say.😁

Malinga the Swinga

Saved due to disaster by Mark. Hope he does better next week and that Linda goes out. 

Pretty dull stuff. I’d have expected to see some players out a claim in to be starting but no one looked like it. 
frear & white were poor, hopefully never see that back 4 combo again, wighton isolated for about 90 minutes.

I know it was a weakened team but they are still professional footballers against part timers. 

Ah well, another win & should be seeded for the draw.