Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

49 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Fag packet accountancy , if 1000 hearts fans OVER the break even figure ( whatever that is ) pay £10 . That’s £5000 to Cowdenbeath . 
their wage bill is probably £2.5k per week so helps them out for a fortnight . 
stuff them ... Only Hearts ♥️ 

FOH contribution @Meadows

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I got 3 years of surfshark for about £60. It works perfectly.

Most of them give you multiple devices. Share it with mates, spread the cost. Nord now allows 6 different devices. A couple of quid a week, 12.99 straight to the club. Win win. Hell, you can even hide your "other intetests" if thats the bag your into. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Meadows said:

Fag packet accountancy , if 1000 hearts fans OVER the break even figure ( whatever that is ) pay £10 . That’s £5000 to Cowdenbeath . 

It’s also being played at Bayview so unless Budge has offered to pay half they have that expense to come off any profit too 😆. Good that East Fife are profiting from it too. 

JamboSoldier92
29 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I am currently in a reverse dilemma.  Usually I am abroad, so watch through TV International with no need for VPN although I need a VPN to watch UK TV.  Now back in West Lothian during lockdown/quarantine/isolation, I require a VPN to watch Hearts (or PPV).  Who'd ha' thunk it?

I reckon I will just listen to audio and catch up on the game once it gets posted on Hearts TV.  I hate Central Park, dilapidated stockcar circuit where pitch is myopically away from the spectators.

I am a Hearts TV international subscriber (live down south) and I use Hola for my VPN, which is free to download and works really well and easy to use and I am pretty rubbish with computers 😂 

Brave Hearts
16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Interesting ... happy to inflict financial pain on Cowdenbeath and Hearts in equal measures ...

PPV

£5 to Cowdumpbeath

£5 to Jambos

FOH

£0 to Cowdumpbeath

£10 to Jambos

happy to inflict financial pain on Cowdumpbeath in full measures while contributing the full financial amount to the Jambos

Simples

Only Hearts ♥️ 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m currently swithering but thinking about paying for ppv but also donating £10 to FoH as a moral offset payment. I don’t like illegal streams due to a separate moral issue. 🤔

👍 exactly what I have already done Dave. 

The issue I have with the boycott zealots is that they seem to be a bit blinded or short-sighted with their thinking. 

I was/am all for boycotting away league games this season to punish the clubs that voted us into the championship just to get our money. Unfortunately it looks like we will have limited opportunities to do that now because of COVID. 
Cup matches are a different kettle of fish given the fact that the gate receipts are split. Are those that are banging the boycott drum really suggesting that;

- no Hearts supporters attend away cup games at the clubs that voted us down

- no Hearts  supporters attend home cup matches against the teams that voted us down

- no Hearts supporters attend any future cup semis or finals at neutral grounds unless we are playing one of the 8/9 clubs that didn’t vote to send us down. 

Unfortunately, with this weekends game in mind, and the comments on here it seems that’s what many are suggesting. The club will suffer significantly from a financial standpoint if that is indeed what many people are planning to do. 

1 hour ago, Meadows said:

And £5000 that could have been in Hearts bank account but won’t be. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍 exactly what I have already done Dave. 

The issue I have with the boycott zealots is that they seem to be a bit blinded or short-sighted with their thinking. 

I was/am all for boycotting away league games this season to punish the clubs that voted us into the championship just to get our money. Unfortunately it looks like we will have limited opportunities to do that now because of COVID. 
Cup matches are a different kettle of fish given the fact that the gate receipts are split. Are those that are banging the boycott drum really suggesting that;

- no Hearts supporters attend away cup games at the clubs that voted us down

- no Hearts  supporters attend home cup matches against the teams that voted us down

- no Hearts supporters attend any future cup semis or finals at neutral grounds unless we are playing one of the 8/9 clubs that didn’t vote to send us down. 

Unfortunately, with this weekends game in mind, and the comments on here it seems that’s what many are suggesting. The club will suffer significantly from a financial standpoint if that is indeed what many people are planning to do. 

how significant will it be though?

some are suggesting a one off £10 to FOH. The club already get £140k a month from that. thats on top of ST's. we're lucky that HMFC losing a few thousand quid won't hurt - but will hurt the clubs who voted to expel us from the league.

educate me if my thinking is wrong (genuine BTW) 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And £5000 that could have been in Hearts bank account but won’t be. 

the donations to FOH will exceed £5k 

All these fake promises of donations from some posters just to try and stop fans from purchasing PPV which our club has gone out of its way to organise

So many fantasies being posted about contributing to the club direct or to FOH etc etc when in reality most are just making false promises and will contribute nothing except hot air

Edited by CJGJ

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

All these fake promises of donations from some posters just to try and stop fans from purchasing PPV which our club has gone out of its way to organise

So many fantasies being posted about contributing to the club direct or to FOH etc etc when in reality most are just making false promises and will contribute nothing except hot air

Wet wipe

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

ok - so if that's accepted, worst case HMFC lose £5k.....for some the thought of Findlay's team losing the same and the pain being exponentially  far far greater is satisfying revenge. we couldn't get revenge via the courts, so for those fans choosing to boycott, it's the only recourse of action left?

Edited by Jim Panzee

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Why don't people just let fans make up their own minds instead of this constant attack on fellow fans just because they won't bow down and agree that some posters are right on their clear moral stance...yeah like that's the truth

I'll be purchasing and would encourage all to do so

That's trying to sway others to your way of thinking and not allowing them to make their own mind up. ::troll::

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's trying to sway others to your way of thinking and not allowing them to make their own mind up. ::troll::

Wow never thought of that but thanks anyway

17 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

how significant will it be though?

some are suggesting a one off £10 to FOH. The club already get £140k a month from that. thats on top of ST's. we're lucky that HMFC losing a few thousand quid won't hurt - but will hurt the clubs who voted to expel us from the league.

educate me if my thinking is wrong (genuine BTW) 

If Hearts fans don’t attend home games at tynecastle in cup ties and don’t attend cup semis and finals over the long haul it will be a very significant reduction in the clubs income stream. 
let’s see about the supposed £10 to FoH. This month for instance the circa 2000 fans that would have attended Central Park, had it gone ahead there, on Saturday would raise £20k if everyone donated £10.  Will the October FoH pledges total in excess of £160k in October?  Should know by early November. 
I have my doubts but hope I’m wrong. 

Whatever happened to that thread about donating a match ticket through FoH? 

Could we not do something like that through JKB for PPV games like this? 

Donate a tenner on here and then JKB hand over the amount, to FOH, after the weekend

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

If Hearts fans don’t attend home games at tynecastle in cup ties and don’t attend cup semis and finals over the long haul it will be a very significant reduction in the clubs income stream. 
let’s see about the supposed £10 to FoH. This month for instance the circa 2000 fans that would have attended Central Park, had it gone ahead there, on Saturday would raise £20k if everyone donated £10.  Will the October FoH pledges total in excess of £160k in October?  Should know by early November. 

Presumably they would have had to offer refunds to those fans...and we would only have received around 900 tickets for New Bayview.

👋

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

understood. as you say - we'll just have to wait and see. some will defo donate the extra £10 to FOH....but just how many....

the problem is that even if we could make all those clubs fail financially, which we can’t, we would have nobody to play. Football is a very symbiotic environment where the clubs ultimately need each other to survive. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

the problem is that even if we could make all those clubs fail financially, which we can’t, we would have nobody to play. Football is a very symbiotic environment where the clubs ultimately need each other to survive. 

true. but you can perhaps inflict pain similar to ours onto them - such that these poorly run bowling club type outfits find their proper level way down the leagues and are replaced with ones better run?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fantastic opportunity to stick the boot in.

Who is genuinely excited by a match with Cowdenbeath. 

Some discipline to say no

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

it is not just £10 to FOH that people are doing, others are signing up to hearts tv international at £12.99. that is other money that is going to the club that would not be part of any money raised by FOH

5 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

true. but you can perhaps inflict pain similar to ours onto them - such that these poorly run bowling club type outfits find their proper level way down the leagues and are replaced with ones better run?

Exactly.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There’s a very well run , heavily invested club a few miles up the road in Kelty who would disagree and they’d have a point ! 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fantastic opportunity to stick the boot in.

Who is genuinely excited by a match with Cowdenbeath. 

Some discipline to say no

This.

Were folk that fussed that the game last season wasn't shown? 🤣

30 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Presumably they would have had to offer refunds to those fans...and we would only have received around 900 tickets for New Bayview.

👋

My post did say, ‘had it gone ahead there’, meaning Central Park. 

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

This.

Were folk that fussed that the game last season wasn't shown? 🤣

I wasn’t because I was there. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

My post did say, ‘had it gone ahead there’, meaning Central Park. 

And yet didn't change your calculations of FOH donations to reflect the change of venue 🙄

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well, no, because all that would happen is that they get even worse players and gradually find their way to the bottom division where they can carry out their pointless existence. 

Edit: and I think you are looking at this from a point of view that assumes some sort of solidarity between Scottish clubs. A bit old-fashioned, that. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m currently swithering but thinking about paying for ppv but also donating £10 to FoH as a moral offset payment. I don’t like illegal streams due to a separate moral issue. 🤔

I don't like illegal streams as I don't have a clue how to go about getting one. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

ok - so if that's accepted, worst case HMFC lose £5k.....for some the thought of Findlay's team losing the same and the pain being exponentially  far far greater is satisfying revenge. we couldn't get revenge via the courts, so for those fans choosing to boycott, it's the only recourse of action left?

If this is the case (Hearts losing money) then I think its a bit of a case of "cutting off your nose" 

1 hour ago, deko 94 said:

Whatever happened to that thread about donating a match ticket through FoH? 

Could we not do something like that through JKB for PPV games like this? 

Donate a tenner on here and then JKB hand over the amount, to FOH, after the weekend

Good idea demo, although there will be a charge each transaction, unless kickback can do a bank transfer?

I have emailed FoH asking if they can provide a facility to make one off donations, I find the FoH quite frustrating and don't think they are making it easy for fans to donate.

38 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Won't be paying to stream it. Partly on principle, partly on not being interested in watching it.

I’ll be out and about with the kids and will miss it. 

I’m okay with that 🙂

Don’t know how any hearts fan can hand cash over to a club like Cowdenbeath right now.

I won’t be paying for the stream and will chuck an extra £10 at FOH.  Hopefully our club takes a look at itself and stops trying to help these shithole clubs.

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Good idea demo, although there will be a charge each transaction, unless kickback can do a bank transfer?

I have emailed FoH asking if they can provide a facility to make one off donations, I find the FoH quite frustrating and don't think they are making it easy for fans to donate.

Think you can already make a one off donation to FOH. 

12 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

You can make a one off donation through your account using the option copied below.  Just donated £10, received an email back asking me to confirm the amount, and responded confirming it. Easy.

image.png.343d614eb982342b15cad311dae6008d.png

31 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Don’t know how any hearts fan can hand cash over to a club like Cowdenbeath right now.

I won’t be paying for the stream and will chuck an extra £10 at FOH.  Hopefully our club takes a look at itself and stops trying to help these shithole clubs.

Likewise. It's quite depressing to find Hearts fans who fail to realise they are part of the problem !

27 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

You can make a one off donation through your account using the option copied below.  Just donated £10, received an email back asking me to confirm the amount, and responded confirming it. Easy.

I have never seen this facility after logging in. I will have another look thanks.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I have never seen this facility after logging in. I will have another look thanks.

when you login, it should be at the bottom left of the page

40 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Cannot see this option after logging in i get a message saying you are currently logged in do you wish to log out. The menu offers back to main site or log out. Can you post a url please?

Felix Lighter
49 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

Tried a one off payment but it's through paypal, which I don't use.

FoH need to sort out a debit card/ cc option.

So just hypothetically, if someone had normal Hearts TV how could they upgrade to international ? sure somebody said just put your VPN on and log in and the option would be there.

I'm not seeing it, I've moved to France for this test, sure i've had this issue with my VPN before, it's a cheap one not even sure it works 😃

Felix Lighter
4 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

This is what I see on login

image.thumb.png.6a485237301ac802ea9d4a0abf657e2a.png

Try logging out and then logging back in.That should take you into your dashboard and the one off pledge option should be there, bottom left of page. 

3 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Try logging out and then logging back in.That should take you into your dashboard and the one off pledge option should be there, bottom left of page. 

Nope just the same screen on re log in

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Likewise. It's quite depressing to find Hearts fans who fail to realise they are part of the problem !

hows that like :rifle:

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic