Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

It's easier to remember who isn't on it. 😃

true! Forgot Donald Findlay was at cowden for some reason 😂. So free IPTV for me and £10 to FOH! 

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The rest would donate to FoH. It would be amazing if we all agreed to donate the £10 on Friday and someone from FoH could tweet on Saturday how much we had taken in 

Or, we could donate £10 (if we want) to FOH and go for the PPV, if watching Hearts matters to us all, with Cowdenbeath benefitting a little but Hearts, ultimately, benefitting quite a lot more.

As far as I'm concerned, Hearts supporters boycotting away grounds is an excellent idea, but not watching Hearts on TV just because one of those sh*ts helped screw us over is just cutting of ones nose to spite ones face, and Cowdenbeath won't even notice the difference. Also, while it's possible Hearts might lose some money on the operation, Cowdenbeath have no risk of that, at all. As I said previously, Hearts will, almost certainly, be in this position on a number of occasions throughout the season and might decide against repeating it if the Cowdenbeath game stream is not a success.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

No thanks it actually annoys me that the club has gone to the bother of organising this.

Because the club doesn’t support a boycott. Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson have both spoken against it.

That doesn’t mean a boycott is not a right and justified thing to do, but it’s a fan thing only.

IMO the club are correct to make this available as a choice. It’s up to the individual whether you want to view it or take a stance.

I’ll not be viewing it because £10 is outrageous to watch 90 minutes of what is essentially a pre season warm up. If it was £5 I probably would have

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It will only be a couple of quid once costs and vat are taken off the purchase price.  Might not even be that much. 

Exactly. While an empty away end would undoubtedly have sickened Cowdenbeath and the scumbag Findlay, they will hardly notice a boycott of the PPV coverage and won't be wetting themselves over the prospect of a bumper payout this weekend, whether there's a boycott of the stream, or not.

Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Or, we could donate £10 (if we want) to FOH and go for the PPV, if watching Hearts matters to us all, with Cowdenbeath benefitting a little but Hearts, ultimately, benefitting quite a lot more.

As far as I'm concerned, Hearts supporters boycotting away grounds is an excellent idea, but not watching Hearts on TV just because one of those sh*ts helped screw us over is just cutting of ones nose to spite ones face, and Cowdenbeath won't even notice the difference. Also, while it's possible Hearts might lose some money on the operation, Cowdenbeath have no risk of that, at all. As I said previously, Hearts will, almost certainly, be in this position on a number of occasions throughout the season and might decide against repeating it if the Cowdenbeath game stream is not a success.

If you have no IPTV or unable to subscribe to Hearts TV International and use a VPN or cant get someone's details to watch then yes, you probably have a decision to make on the PPV. 

I had made the decision to boycott all away games this season so it would have been an easy decision for me.

As for future games, I wouldn't be disappointed if it fails and isn't repeated, again for the same reasons above. It's not going to be repeated in away League games as all teams have their own streaming stuff set up and will expect us to buy from them. 

52 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

And deny Hearts, too. Great plan.

I hardly think we are going to be making a lot of money out of this. My point was to reduce as much as possible the money they can make.

Why reward clubs that vote against you even if it means we take a bit of a hit as well. 

I wonder what the position is regarding changing the venue for the game? Presumably East Fife will be getting paid for allowing their ground to be used?

I wonder if we will have to pay a share of that cost as well.

kingantti1874
Just now, wavydavy said:

I hardly think we are going to be making a lot of money out of this. My point was to reduce as much as possible the money they can make.

Why reward clubs that vote against you even if it means we take a bit of a hit as well. 

I wonder what the position is regarding changing the venue for the game? Presumably East Fife will be getting paid for allowing their ground to be used?

we won’t have to share the cost of the ground. That’a Cowdenbeaths problem.

another 10-0 and Cowdenbeath  out of pocket 👏 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Why would we have to pay?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

If you have no IPTV or unable to subscribe to Hearts TV International and use a VPN or cant get someone's details to watch then yes, you probably have a decision to make on the PPV. 

I had made the decision to boycott all away games this season so it would have been an easy decision for me.

As for future games, I wouldn't be disappointed if it fails and isn't repeated, again for the same reasons above. It's not going to be repeated in away League games as all teams have their own streaming stuff set up and will expect us to buy from them. 

I'm afraid I have always hated listening to a game on the radio and have missed far too many Hearts games since leaving Scotland to let one pass me by on TV. I won't be using PPV, though, as I live 'abroad' in VPN land, but would, undoubtedly, have paid otherwise. i respect your decision not to watch, though think it's an empty gesture, but if you don't want to pay, but need your Hearts fix, why not go along to a mates house, just by chance, and 'discover' he's watching it?

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

we won’t have to share the cost of the ground. That’a Cowdenbeaths problem.

another 10-0 and Cowdenbeath  out of pocket 👏 

Until Doncaster steps in and says we have to pay half just for being Hearts.😀

Diadora Van Basten
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Because the club doesn’t support a boycott. Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson have both spoken against it.

That doesn’t mean a boycott is not a right and justified thing to do, but it’s a fan thing only.

IMO the club are correct to make this available as a choice. It’s up to the individual whether you want to view it or take a stance.

I’ll not be viewing it because £10 is outrageous to watch 90 minutes of what is essentially a pre season warm up. If it was £5 I probably would have

There was no need to go to this effort and it will be divisive for our support. Hopefully Hearts will pay attention and pull the plug on this poor decision.

27 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

The whole point is that we donate to FoH or sign up to Hearts TV international/use VPN instead so Hearts aren't out of pocket.

We can't roll over at the first opportunity after all that's happened. Particularly from that scumbag and his shite team

Not quite that simple. I’m all for the away league game boycott because that hurts them 100%. Cup ties are a different kettle of fish because of the gate split. Are you suggesting that if fans are back at games and we are drawn at home to Dundee in the scottish cup in January that no Hearts fans should attend because Dundee will get a share of the gate? 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Support the Hearts! Well done Hearts for organising this ... giving the fans a chance to see their team play!

It would be disappointing if this initiative was not well supported. Two reasons;

1. Hearts would lose money

2. Hearts would probably not do it again

HHGH

This is where I'm at.

It's fine that some will donate the £10 to FoH but Hearts will only look at whether this is a success (in terms of profit or loss) and base future plans to show games or not on that basis.

Jus to be clear, everyone has the right to do as they see fit and I don't say either view is right or wrong.

31 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Aye, just wondering how much out of pocket we're going to end up from the game. 

Watching Hearts = priceless 😄

14 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Agreed. I committed to boycotting all away league matches except Inverness. 
I’m hoping that the vast majority of our away league matches are Friday nights on BBC Scotland. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We really should be boycotting these streams, and Hearts shouldn’t be setting them up either.

As I've said, boycotting is an individual choice but Hearts are only giving their own fans the opportunity to see their team play and I think they should be applauded for that.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My initial thoughts were that we'd have to share costs due to the format of the competition, but then realised that each club has 2 home games so will, I'd imagine, be responsible for the costs of their own home games. Regardless, though, the additional cost of change of venue will be met by Cowdenbeath as it's purely down to their own problems that the game has been moved. It's possible that their insurance policy will cover the additional costs anyway, unless they have a pretty poor policy.

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We really should be boycotting these streams, and Hearts shouldn’t be setting them up either.

yup, I will not be giving cash to clubs who damaged us under any circumstances. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

This is where I'm at.

It's fine that some will donate the £10 to FoH but Hearts will only look at whether this is a success (in terms of profit or loss) and base future plans to show games or not on that basis.

Jus to be clear, everyone has the right to do as they see fit and I don't say either view is right or wrong.

At this stage I’m yet to see what the phrase ‘Only Hearts’ means in practice. It just seems like a cheap marketing slogan that buckles every time we have a chance to enforce it. I was well up for boycotting away games when crowds were allowed back into stadiums but already I don’t see the point. It’s of no consequence unless it’s serious.

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

My initial thoughts were that we'd have to share costs due to the format of the competition, but then realised that each club has 2 home games so will, I'd imagine, be responsible for the costs of their own home games. Regardless, though, the additional cost of change of venue will be met by Cowdenbeath as it's purely down to their own problems that the game has been moved. It's possible that their insurance policy will cover the additional costs anyway, unless they have a pretty poor policy.

My money is on that they wont have one because the cost of the policy would outway any potential costs they might accru.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

As I've said, boycotting is an individual choice but Hearts are only giving their own fans the opportunity to see their team play and I think they should be applauded for that.

It doesn’t marry with the only Hearts slogan the club used for marketing though, does it?

If other teams are earning money through these streams, I’ll 100% be buying tickets for away games when the chance comes. There’s no difference.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Looks to me like home games in the league cup, the streaming revenue is split if it is streamed. That would make sense as it reflects what happens for actual ticket sales. So if Hearts are at home in the cup we wouldn't keep all the money from streaming the game. Following your logic, I would have thought that for home cup games you would use Hearts TV International (VPN) as well as that allows you to watch it while ensuring the opposition get no money.

My reading is that Cowdenbeath would have kept all the PPV revenue as the home team if they had organised the stream.  If the Away teams steps in then revenue after costs is split 50/50.

Is League Cup revenue split 50/50 in the group stages when all sides have equal numbers of home games?

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It doesn’t marry with the only Hearts slogan the club used for marketing though, does it?

If other teams are earning money through these streams, I’ll 100% be buying tickets for away games when the chance comes. There’s no difference.

Hearts are making sure there is a stream out there for people to watch.

There are clear options which don't involve giving cash to Cowdenbeath:

1.  Watch via IPTV and donate £10 to FoH

2.  Subscribe to Hearts TV International (VPN) for £12.99 - all money to Hearts.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My money is on that they wont have one because the cost of the policy would outway any potential costs they might accru.

I think they must have one otherwise the repairs carried out from the first flood would not have been possible for that tinpot crowd, besides, they wouldn't have any sort of licence to allow spectators in if they had no insurance cover.

#onlyHearts IMO

7000 watched a friendly against Partick. Cowdenbeath were on of the biggest arseholes were they not? They stand to make a small fortune from us

Its only Cowdenbeath FFS - if you want to watch it and Hearts to benefit - Hearts International, get a VPN. Hearts get all the money - Cowdenbeath get sod all, which is what they deserve.

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cowdenbeath didn't want to stream their home game. So now Hearts have agreed to do so and have to give Cowdenbeath half the money?

No, only half the profit. Costs shared as well.

Heartsofgold

There is the fact that Hearts are ponying up the costs to do this so hopefully there will be enough scabs to make sure that these are covered.  I WILL NOT be one of them.  Findlay and Cowdenbeath can scrape my sweaty balls before I'd even think of giving them a penny of my cash.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Maybe Hearts are giving their fans the opportunity to watch the game via the alternative methods mentioned on this thread 😉

1 hour ago, scottg71 said:

Being principled is all well and good but what's the point in financially supporting the club if you don't watch them play?

I'll be paying the tenner and going to away grounds when allowed. I won't buy pies etc.

Watching Hearts (even when we're shite) is what I do. I'm as angry as anyone about what happened but the club are trying to move on so fans should as well.

Each to their own but that's my take.

Don't tell me what I should do

@scottg71 it’s up to you what you do but let’s not kid on that depriving a rival of the price of a pie will make any significant difference to anything. You might as well have a pie and a cup of tea if you’re going anyway. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Support the Hearts! Well done Hearts for organising this ... giving the fans a chance to see their team play!

It would be disappointing if this initiative was not well supported. Two reasons;

1. Hearts would lose money

2. Hearts would probably not do it again

HHGH

I'm happy if Hearts don't do it again, the only clubs that will get anything from me are the ones that did not vote to demote us.

To help reduce Hearts loss I'll give £10 to the foundation, and hope the club get the message that the supporters don't want to give money to the clubs that have cost us millions.

so yes "Support the Hearts" but  don't support the demoters. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Maybe Hearts are giving their fans the opportunity to watch the game via the alternative methods mentioned on this thread 😉

Hearts are clear in their message that Hearts TV International subscribers can view as part of their subscription.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, H2 said:

I'm happy if Hearts don't do it again, the only clubs that will get anything from me are the ones that did not vote to demote us.

To help reduce Hearts loss I'll give £10 to the foundation, and hope the club get the message that the supporters don't want to give money to the clubs that have cost us millions.

so yes "Support the Hearts" but  don't support the demoters. 

It would be much simpler just to subscribe to Hearts TV International (VPN)

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not quite that simple. I’m all for the away league game boycott because that hurts them 100%. Cup ties are a different kettle of fish because of the gate split. Are you suggesting that if fans are back at games and we are drawn at home to Dundee in the scottish cup in January that no Hearts fans should attend because Dundee will get a share of the gate? 

If there's other ways to watch Away cup games that mean Hearts get more than 50% of the cash then thats what I'm going to go for.

If we're at home with people at Tynecastle in January in the cup then I'll be there as we have a chance to earn extra money through hospitality and concessions etc. Ideally we'd be able to negotiate low ticket prices and could do a FoH top up too

Edited by Poseidon

30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not surprised or fooled.

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, Zico said:

I want to watch the game but Cowdenbeath can go **** themselves. And they can do so using that ***** Donald Findlay’s  pipe as a dildo.

Tenner into FoH and I’ll try and find a stream. 

Pipe,🤣

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It would be much simpler just to subscribe to Hearts TV International (VPN)

OK, I've downloaded Opera which gives a VPN,  How do I subscribe to Hearts TV International?

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don't tell me what I should do

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@scottg71 it’s up to you what you do but let’s not kid on that depriving a rival of the price of a pie will make any significant difference to anything. You might as well have a pie and a cup of tea if you’re going anyway. 

Not telling anyone what to do. I'll make my decision and others can make theirs. Pretty sure there will be a decent support at away grounds once it's allowed. I'm sure fans who actually go to games outweigh some of the mouthpieces on here.

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, H2 said:

OK, I've downloaded Opera which gives a VPN,  How do I subscribe to Hearts TV International?

As long as your VPN is active and set to a location outwith the UK, just go to Hearts TV and subscribe, it will automatically default to Hearts TV International... even if you give your normal address.

If you already subscribe to Hearts TV Domestic, you may need to cancel your existing subscription.

44 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My reading is that Cowdenbeath would have kept all the PPV revenue as the home team if they had organised the stream.  If the Away teams steps in then revenue after costs is split 50/50.

Is League Cup revenue split 50/50 in the group stages when all sides have equal numbers of home games?

On that basis, do you think Cowdenbeath are being a bit sly here knowing our supporters are more likely to buy a stream from Hearts and therefore more likely to make Cowdenbeath money that wouldn't have been forthcoming it they'd provided their own stream? 

4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Not telling anyone what to do. I'll make my decision and others can make theirs. Pretty sure there will be a decent support at away grounds once it's allowed. I'm sure fans who actually go to games outweigh some of the mouthpieces on here.

Aye, non pie buyers like yourself will make all the difference. Take it you’re including yourself in the mouthpiece category?

21 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

If there's other ways to watch Away cup games that mean Hearts get more than 50% of the cash then thats what I'm going to go for.

If we're at home with people at Tynecastle in January in the cup then I'll be there as we have a chance to earn extra money through hospitality and concessions etc. Ideally we'd be able to negotiate low ticket prices and could do a FoH top up too

Not made my mind up but probably just pay the £10 and donate the rest of what Saturday would have cost me to FoH. Going down the pvn route just means I’m spending money with other suppliers.   I can live with giving Cowdenbeath a couple of quid, because, at most, that’s all they will get from each subscriber, especially as it helps to pay a friends much needed wages. 

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic