Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

41 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Many will still want their Scottish cup final tickets and will then attempt to justify their actions

Just reality but at present they can pretend they have taken a moral stance

There won’t be a significant boycott of any ground apart from Probably Dens Park. Once crowds are back folk will be clamouring to get to games home and away and, a small staunch minority apart, it will pretty quickly melt away.

Weve been putting money into other clubs for years and years. It’s not going to stop because a few misguided clubs got conned into voting in their apparent self interest and a few chairman said some supposedly nasty things about Hearts.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, the ban on people attending games in the flesh has torpedoed the much talked about boycott. I was planning to only attend the ICT away league game rather than the 9 or 10 I would usually have gone along to. 
Given the current climate it really is the case now that we need to maximise the income to Hearts and if that means going to cup ties, or buying ppv for cup ties then so be it given we will make money from it. This is regardless of who the opposition is and whether they make money from the game as well. Anything other than that is really cutting off your nose to spite your face and is self-defeating in reality. The club isn’t in a position to turn off any tap that makes them money. Fans need to wake up and smell the coffee. Lots of fans on here planing to watch today’s game using means that are either not  legal or not allowed by the football authorities. 

FT Football Authorities.

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Using a VPN to watch the game is against the law, people like you should be ashamed, selfish twit.

Selfish twit unveiled by and idiot no less....

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It seems to be, from the posts that the  issue is Cowdenbeath are getting money

If it was at Tynecastle and streamed in the same way, would folk buy it? 

If so, Cowdenbeath would get half. 

Or are folk that are advocating boycotting this, also boycotting all cup games in the future home or away so that the clubs that shat on us get no money?

A league game I understand the logic, but a cup game where we also get half the money is bordering a bit on self harm. 

I've decided against it this time, but if it was at Tynecastle with fans I would likely be there so I'm even in conflict with my own question. 

It's a different situation when you are there to physically support and give motivation to your team. TV = no motivation, no point in giving £5 to a club who voted to demote us when you can give all the money to Hearts. I think we are probably all in conflict, but we need to make the point to those clubs who screwed us, this is a method.

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If based in the UK is that legal? 

Why would it be illegal? It's up to Hearts to geoblock appropriately, not the user.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Craigieboy said:

This’ll have been asked but can I share my password etc with my son and have it watched on two separate devices?

No. You can have one operating login to Hearts.tv.

stirlingshirejambo

Was going to ask the same

Didn’t want to risk it so bought one for my son who is at uni too so £20 towards Hearts costs hope they get enough to not make a loss

stirlingshirejambo
1 minute ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

Was going to ask the same

Didn’t want to risk it so bought one for my son who is at uni too so £20 towards Hearts costs hope they get enough to not make a loss

Yes just logged on my phone and it kicked me out of laptop so as expected I suppose

I have a lovely picture of the Bayview stand on my screen.  Looking good.

1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

I have a lovely picture of the Bayview stand on my screen.  Looking good.

I have woman on laptop saying we will be back shortly 

highlandjambo3
47 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Just seen a piece from a week ago from the Arbroath chairman (apologies if this has been mentioned). Complaining about our game there in two weeks time being on BBC - they’d hoped to get 3000-4000 Hearts fans coughing up at £15 a time to their streaming service. 

Excellent...........

when we pump those teams we should bombard their club e mail with one word......”medicine”

1 minute ago, Baldwigforjack said:

Was planning on watching, but decided on paying £1 to watch Gala and Bonnyrigg Rose instead.

Gala FairydeanPBonnyrigg RoseP

Match postponed - Other

Baldwigforjack
1 minute ago, Groatallar said:
Gala FairydeanPBonnyrigg RoseP

Match postponed - Other

Since when? They just posted starting line up on facebook

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I wouldn't see it as hypocritical, you understandably want to make a stand of some kind but the rules make it difficult. And a 1/4 share of the odd semi final won't make up for the lost revenue of you not buying league tickets for however long you boycott. I'm not sure that I will ever return to away games.

I doubt if I will either, we’ve not lost at ER since I last went so I would’ve kept that up anyway. We are all free to do what we want, I would rather we all boycott but it’s up to the individual to make that decision. It would be nice if the club were really rallying the support just now too. 

21 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Selfish twit unveiled by and idiot no less....

No idea what that's meant to say so not sure if I should be offended or not.

6 minutes ago, Baldwigforjack said:

Was planning on watching, but decided on paying £1 to watch Gala and Bonnyrigg Rose instead.

Streamed?

Well, from personal experience, I can say that trying to use NordVPN on a Chromebook and trying to pay without going through their free trial is fraught with seethe-making opportunities.

NordPass isn't compatible with Chrome OS and I haven't found out if VPN will work. I appar to have a login name and password but am getting the 'your account is not activated' message.

I've currently not registered with Hearts TV so am not missing anything that I'd usually see. I'll just have to follow the game as I have done for years anyway - BBC text, JKB matchday thread and maybe Twitter.

I'd say let's make some noise but the Mrs' dugs are currently cowering in a corner wondering why I'm talking loudly to this thing on my lap...

Just now, Boof said:

Well, from personal experience, I can say that trying to use NordVPN on a Chromebook and trying to pay without going through their free trial is fraught with seethe-making opportunities.

NordPass isn't compatible with Chrome OS and I haven't found out if VPN will work. I appar to have a login name and password but am getting the 'your account is not activated' message.

I've currently not registered with Hearts TV so am not missing anything that I'd usually see. I'll just have to follow the game as I have done for years anyway - BBC text, JKB matchday thread and maybe Twitter.

I'd say let's make some noise but the Mrs' dugs are currently cowering in a corner wondering why I'm talking loudly to this thing on my lap...

NordPass is a password manager. You don't need to use that to get NordVPN working.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, the ban on people attending games in the flesh has torpedoed the much talked about boycott. I was planning to only attend the ICT away league game rather than the 9 or 10 I would usually have gone along to. 
Given the current climate it really is the case now that we need to maximise the income to Hearts and if that means going to cup ties, or buying ppv for cup ties then so be it given we will make money from it. This is regardless of who the opposition is and whether they make money from the game as well. Anything other than that is really cutting off your nose to spite your face and is self-defeating in reality. The club isn’t in a position to turn off any tap that makes them money. Fans need to wake up and smell the coffee. Lots of fans on here planing to watch today’s game using means that are either not  legal or not allowed by the football authorities. 

Delayed rather than torpedoed hopefully. Folk have been watching games illegally for years. 
As long we make enough to cover expenses, there not be any or a small profit to share with them anyway. That would be a shame. 

9 minutes ago, Baldwigforjack said:

Berwick Rangers v Vale of Leithen is being streamed for FREE :D

jambo in iraq
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Match coming soon they are having issues in stadium. Great start to Hearts PPV service

Jesus I had a feeling hearts would find a way to screw up. For years the tech team turn up just before kick off and plug in hoping it will work

stirlingshirejambo
Just now, Craigieboy said:

Now getting a message saying they have issues from the stadium. 

**** this shit. 

Yes getting match coming soon issues at stadium not too promising

Baldwigforjack
Just now, Dunks said:

Berwick Rangers v Vale of Leithen is being streamed for FREE :D

That's nice but not interested in watching 2 teams who'll be fighting relegation.

36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The boycott is very much on. 

Maybe read this thread. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm here as well Tbh. 

More difficult atm as we're just back after a long break and most are still at the excited stage, once I get a fix of honme games I'll be less desperate to see us and give money to other clubs. 

More 2020 dilemmas, 1st world problems i believe is the term. 
Anyway let’s hammer these *****. 

Just now, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

So, any links?

Haha good luck with that, since the main PPV stream isn't working. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

NordPass is a password manager. You don't need to use that to get NordVPN working.

Yeah - I've uninstalled it and asked for that to be taken off my subscription.

Still no response but my lad is needing to go to town anyway so I'll have to rely on *shudder* Sportsound for updates.

It asks if you're home team video or away team video. It doesn't say if you click it to show Away Team Video or if you click the Away Team Video as it changes to Home Team Video... 

Edited by TheBoss
Grammar

4 minutes ago, Baldwigforjack said:

That's nice but not interested in watching 2 teams who'll be fighting relegation.

Vale usually wait for someone else to go bust 🤣

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic