Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Just before i sign up to hearts tv international is it confirmed that those rats at cowdenbeath wont see a penny?

Yes. All non-UK and Ireland money goes to HMFC.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Yes, just remember to switch the vpn on and set your location outside UK and Ireland.

My living room will temporarily be in New York City this afternoon 😎

I suppose one final (hah!) question for the uninitiated...is a VPN something you'd necessarily switch on and off or can you just keep it running all the time?

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

I suppose one final (hah!) question for the uninitiated...is a VPN something you'd necessarily switch on and off or can you just keep it running all the time?

You can switch on and off. Think of it as opening a different browsing session online, the difference being that rather than your internet provider going directly to the site in question with an IP address where you are, the VPN diverts the traffic so that the site you are going to diverts through a different geographical IP, so that the site thinks that the response is going to a different location across the world.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

9 hours ago, iainmac said:

Anyone trying to score points against fellow Hearts fans for "depriving the club of money" hasn't really been paying attention over the last 10 years or so.

I'll leave it at that.

Yes your right I think we can sit this one out with a clear conscious. 👍

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

As simple as an on and off switch.

For example being in New York is great for Hearts International, but I may want to pop back to Glasgow for Sky Bet and watching content on the BBC website.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You can switch on and off. Think of it as opening a different browsing session online.

Nordvpn can sit in Google Chrome as an extension

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As simple as an on and off switch.

For example being in New York is great for Hearts International, but I may want to pop back to Glasgow for Sky Bet and watching content on the BBC website.

Thanks - and to @Geoff Kilpatrick too. And everyone else who's contributed positively.

Makes sense to me...I think. Now to choose where I want to 'live'. Springtime in Antarctica...could be balmy.

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Thanks - and to @Geoff Kilpatrick too. And everyone else who's contributed positively.

Makes sense to me...I think. Now to choose where I want to 'live'. Springtime in Antarctica...could be balmy.

Much different from the Arctic Circle where you are just now?

Edit: Beaten to it by El Presidente.

Edited by graygo

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

About the same as Shetland, ain't it?

:lol: 

We had a decent summer...temperature into the teens. Occasionally...

7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Maybe we need a 'where are you watching from today' thread.

9 hours ago, iainmac said:

There are some people that haven't got a clue what a VPN is or how it works. I just assumed he / she was one of them. 

Not sure what I'm missing here? 

Thank you, appreciated technical response

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Just put my £10 to FOH. **** Donald Findlay & Cowdenbeath (a place full of Hibs fans).

This.

Hearts get the dosh...not DF & Cowdenbeath. 

I'm not that desperate to watch it via stream...I'll just listen on the wireless.

Self- serving you say Donald?...you better believe it!!

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Jambo-Fox is trolling.

Sorry you are wrong, please don’t make these references - thank you

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The "apparently" was from Jambo-Fox's total. No idea where he/she got it from.

That was allocated number on HerartsPPV at registration, another poster referred to this further back think it was 200ish when they registered. It would be interesting if any the folks registering today could give updates on their allocated number. Bets on final numbers?

Less than 5 hours to KO can’t wait ....

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

That was allocated number on HerartsPPV at registration, another poster referred to this further back think it was 200ish when they registered. It would be interesting if any the folks registering today could give updates on their allocated number. Bets on final numbers?

Less than 5 hours to KO can’t wait ....

Forget it mate. 

I was tempted but I'm staying on the right side of the picket line. 😏

Anyone else a recent sign-up to NordVPN? How long did you have to wait for your confirmation email?

Doing a lot of :waiting: here

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Anyone else a recent sign-up to NordVPN? How long did you have to wait for your confirmation email?

check your spam/junk folder

fyi when i signed up to surfshark i got it setup within 5 mins

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

check your spam/junk folder

Been checking my junk since I pressed 'send'...nothing noteworthy :lol: 

But still nowt from Nord. Either main box or junkbox.

EDIT - and just as I posted that, lo and behold, DD confirmation arrived.
If I was the paranoid type...

Edited by Boof

jambo-in-furness
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The club might not mind, but they might be disappointed that after going to the effort and expense of providing a service for their support, it's not taken up, potentially leaving them out of pocket

if that is the case, and I hope it is,  then the club might think about listening to the fans.

They can make the correct noises publicity wise,  but take note that the support will not be there for events that aid those who sinned against us. 

Never forget or forgive.

2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

if that is the case, and I hope it is,  then the club might think about listening to the fans.

They can make the correct noises publicity wise,  but take note that the support will not be there for events that aid those who sinned against us. 

Never forget or forgive.

Hearts were very clear in their press release that there are two ways to view this match... PPV shared 50/50 with Cowdenbeath or alternatively Hearts TV International.

Not a chance i’m giving Cowdenbeath a penny again after that radio inteview.

Few questions on Hearts TV:

Any idea if it works on the internet browser on an Amazon Fire Stick?

Does the whole £12.99 a month go to Hearts or does a large chunk go to a provider?

Can you cancel after a month?

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts were very clear in their press release that there are two ways to view this match... PPV shared 50/50 with Cowdenbeath or alternatively Hearts TV International.

It would be good if one of our international supporters would send it to Hesgoal.

Just now, Nobreath said:

Just got myself a vpn Mullvad, and signed up Internationally too.

For best internet speeds, set that particular VPN protocol to "Wireguard".

jambo-in-furness
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Yes they did,  at the same time they said they were going to do this at some considerable expense to the club so fans in the UK could watch, which leads me to believe that they are not listening to the fan base as it is the UK fans that will be doing the boycotting, if indeed the boycott movement is as strong as suspected.  Hearts international tv is for fans who geographically can’t attend games.

14 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’ll try very briefly;

Firstly:- Cowdenbeath decided to NOT stream their game vs Hearts. That meant they would not get a single penny from Hearts supporters (or indeed any other supporters)

Secondly:- it was Hearts that decided to broadcast this match, presumably for commercial reasons and the benefit Hearts supporters. It’s a JV sharing the costs and profits, the only way they could do it.

Finally:- as a club Cowdenbeath are totally irrelevant in the Hearts World, so anything they make has no impact on Hearts. However anything Hearts make on this venture makes Hearts stronger to compete more ably with the real competitors ie Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, etc.

Lastly:- Scottish Football is a cesspit full of ‘rats’, Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers, Hibs, St Mirren, etc.. however (and sadly in my opinion) Hearts have decided that this is where they want to be (ie the SPFL) so we need to make the most of it and be the best we can!

Thanks JF - however your point re Cowdenbeath being an irrelevance to us isn’t quite right. They were very relevant when being a part of our demotion and lack of support for reconstruction 

If your using Heart's TV International it will automatically renew after the month is up unless you cancel manually. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Me, but I was already on and using it before the email came through. 

gorgie rd eh11
13 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

We are boycotting every club that did us over for the foreseeable future. Anyone who gives money to these clubs is a scab.

I don't see it as a boycott. I'll make decisions that suit me when the choices come up.

It all still feels a bit raw at the moment so today is too soon to consider giving anything to anybody other than Hearts and their are certain clubs, Dundee, Alloa, Ayr etc., who are unlikely to ever come of the list.

22 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

We are boycotting every club that did us over for the foreseeable future. Anyone who gives money to these clubs is a scab.

Correct, especially when there are options available that mean the other club doesn’t receive any money. 

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Yes they did,  at the same time they said they were going to do this at some considerable expense to the club so fans in the UK could watch, which leads me to believe that they are not listening to the fan base as it is the UK fans that will be doing the boycotting, if indeed the boycott movement is as strong as suspected.  Hearts international tv is for fans who geographically can’t attend games.

All you need is a VPN and Hearts International is available to everyone.

Hearts will have clear sight of PPV purchases v international viewing.

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Unfortunately under UK Government TV International license means only for broadcasting out with UK borders. It’s madness because there is no UK football authority.

Edited by mitch41

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If money was all going to Cowsdenbeef then no but as its shared and Hearts will benefit yes ok

Hearts will be sharing any profits 50/50 after expenses which could be quite a few quid it all depends on labour, equipment, permits etc.

Francis Albert

Swayed by the arguments for boycotting. I can send another fiver to FoH to compensate the club. I doubt I will miss a great spectacle and will listen on Hearts TV audio. I did try to  register yesterday but could not sign in today. Got as far and change password option so my email address and user name  seemed to be recognised.  "email with further details on password change" flashed up but no email received Anyone else had problems?

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hearts will be sharing any profits 50/50 after expenses which could be quite a few quid it all depends on labour, equipment, permits etc.

Or give 100% to Hearts? 

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic