Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

I can see the distinction between a cup game and a league game.  Still troubles me that the majority of subscribers would be us, ergo we would be benefiting them.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

Cup games have always been shared gates.

When everyone decided to boycott away games, did they also decide to boycott every single cup game, even the home matches and any semi finals or finals?

I very much doubt Tynecastle would be empty for a home cup tie against Hibs.

tartofmidlothian

Apologies if this has been covered in the second half of the thread, I've not read all the way. See with a UK-based Hearts TV sub, are the matches available to view after they've finished? How soon after the final whistle?

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Apologies if this has been covered in the second half of the thread, I've not read all the way. See with a UK-based Hearts TV sub, are the matches available to view after they've finished? How soon after the final whistle?

Next day

9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Interesting ... happy to inflict financial pain on Cowdenbeath and Hearts in equal measures ...

Not if we stick the tenner into the Foundation instead.

tartofmidlothian
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Next day

Cheers! Can't watch live tomorrow so that solves the problem, a Hearts TV sub and radio silence if I can handle it.

Aaron78   

Aaron78

Just a reminder from mid June for those considering paying for the stream:

Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of five sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Each to their own, but he won't be getting a penny from me. The sooner his sh*tey club dies the better 👍

‐-----‐----------------------

Absolutely great spot.

Stenhousemuir and Elgin chairs were on Sportsound  previouslysaying L2 clubs UNANIMOUSLY agreed to stick together on a 14-14-14 basis.  

I started to swither, but if it's not on i-Sat no way.  

FOH contribution all the way.

Edited by DETTY29

letsalldothebeattie

While I’m not happy about a club like Cowdenbeath benefitting from this financially after everything this summer and what that melt Finlay said. I don’t want to not watch Hearts. We are going to miss a load of games this season if not all of them due to this pandemic if paying a tenner to watch an away game is what it takes that’s what I’ll do. Given things are getting stricter and stricter from the government sitting in on a Saturday afternoon with a couple of beers watching Hearts seems like the only thing to do until we can get back to games

David McCaig
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

While I’m not happy about a club like Cowdenbeath benefitting from this financially after everything this summer and what that melt Finlay said. I don’t want to not watch Hearts. We are going to miss a load of games this season if not all of them due to this pandemic if paying a tenner to watch an away game is what it takes that’s what I’ll do. Given things are getting stricter and stricter from the government sitting in on a Saturday afternoon with a couple of beers watching Hearts seems like the only thing to do until we can get back to games

Pay £12.99 monthly for Hearts TV International (VPN) and get all Hearts away matches + Premier Sports Home games for the season.

This way you get to watch the match and don't send a PPV penny to Cowdenbeath..

57 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Pay £12.99 monthly for Hearts TV International (VPN) and get all Hearts away matches + Premier Sports Home games for the season.

This way you get to watch the match and don't send a PPV penny to Cowdenbeath..

This.

am very surprised that some folk's will is weakening after all that's happened. I can picture the smirk on findlay's smug face if he happened to hear some of our fans deciding not to boycott.   

I always wonder why JKB has not got a little box saying who and when the next game is. I've noticed with the BBC site moving to video and having less coverage of Championship that it is harder to see when the next match is.

Independence
33 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

This.

am very surprised that some folk's will is weakening after all that's happened. I can picture the smirk on findlay's smug face if he happened to hear some of our fans deciding not to boycott.   

Can you provide a link? Ive been on Hearts website and it states £5.99 pm but no mention of premier sports. Also, if you live in Scotland do you still get the games live or is it only those who live abroad? Apologies, I am at a an age that I didn't grow up with such IT just an abacus and rods!

Good to see the boycott is pretty strong 

Even seen some people who said they were going to games say there's no chance they'd give anything to Cowdenbeath. 

kingantti1874

Will be sending a screenshot of my donation to FOH to Cowdenbeath. Just do that they ****ing know.. in fact.. we should all do that.. #takeyourmedicine ..

Edited by kingantti1874

David McCaig
29 minutes ago, Independence said:

Can you provide a link? Ive been on Hearts website and it states £5.99 pm but no mention of premier sports. Also, if you live in Scotland do you still get the games live or is it only those who live abroad? Apologies, I am at a an age that I didn't grow up with such IT just an abacus and rods!

You need a VPN with your location set as being outside the UK and Ireland.  The Hearts TV page will then automatically default to Hearts TV international.

https://nordvpn.com/risk-free-vpn/

30 day free trial with Nord VPN. This is what I use and its always on sale and cashback form Quidco/Top cashback . Im sure even free VPNs would do the job.

Once you install it connect to Netherlands or any other Euro country (Ireland didnt work) then go to Hearts TV and choose monthly £12.99 or yearly £120.

Hearts get all the cash that way.

sorry if this info was posted before

Edited by jackal

Scottish Football is probably one of the only walks of life where doing the right thing or “rising above” gets you absolutely nowhere.

Obviously it’s a personal choice but I’d strongly urge anyone in two minds not to give any money to Cowdenbeath. Equally I’m hoping the technical whizzes amongst us will put in extra efforts to find other streams to discourage folk from shelling out 😁

Im a petty b*stard, even more than I thought as I found myself willing Israel to win yesterday 😂 

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Scottish Football is probably one of the only walks of life where doing the right thing or “rising above” gets you absolutely nowhere.

Obviously it’s a personal choice but I’d strongly urge anyone in two minds not to give any money to Cowdenbeath. Equally I’m hoping the technical whizzes amongst us will put in extra efforts to find other streams to discourage folk from shelling out 😁

Im a petty b*stard, even more than I thought as I found myself willing Israel to win yesterday 😂 

You're an Evertonian, being bitter is your birthright. 

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You're an Evertonian, being bitter is your birthright. 

🤣 so true, them and Arsenal fans always come across as the moaniest when watching games. 

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's a Virtual Private Network.

Basically a piece of software or an app that set's up an encrypted tunnel which hides your real IP address and makes it look like you're in any country you choose.

As a person who's recently started using a VPN, this is a great, easy to understand explanation, plus I've enjoyed my last 2 weekends in Amsterdam :D 

Geoff Kilpatrick
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The silent ones are registering for Heartsppv ..... up to 368 now!

:rofl:

368 x 5 = £1,840.

#takeyourmedicine

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:rofl:

368 x 5 = £1,840.

#takeyourmedicine

You do realise that if Hearts fans do not support this Hearts will lose money .... that’s no laughing matter ...

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You do realise that if Hearts fans do not support this Hearts will lose money .... that’s no laughing matter ...

If 368 more Hearts fans sign up for Hearts TV or give £10 to FoH instead, how will Hearts lose money?

Why don't people just let fans make up their own minds instead of this constant attack on fellow fans just because they won't bow down and agree that some posters are right on their clear moral stance...yeah like that's the truth

I'll be purchasing and would encourage all to do so

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Why don't people just let fans make up their own minds instead of this constant attack on fellow fans just because they won't bow down and agree that some posters are right on their clear moral stance...yeah like that's the truth

👏👏👏

I would remind everyone that Findlay was one of the most consistent voices opposing any of our proposals on reconstruction. He was frequently on BBC Radio Scotland spouting his views. Listening to him would have had you thinking he was Chairman of Man Utd. Therefore under no circumstances should any right thinking Jambo being lining the pockets of this very sad excuse for a football club. You live by the sword, you die by the sword in my view. I also hope we pump them a good one like we did last time, 10 zip. Get it up ye Donald, ya massive trumpet!

9 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

I would remind everyone that Findlay was one of the most consistent voices opposing any of our proposals on reconstruction. He was frequently on BBC Radio Scotland spouting his views. Listening to him would have had you thinking he was Chairman of Man Utd. Therefore under no circumstances should any right thinking Jambo being lining the pockets of this very sad excuse for a football club. You live by the sword, you die by the sword in my view. I also hope we pump them a good one like we did last time, 10 zip. Get it up ye Donald, ya massive trumpet!

👏

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

Exactly and that's why we should go down the HTV International route. The club will see the uptake in subscribers and, whilst any boycot reduces the ppv money, and subsequently any imcome to that slavering welt Findlay, they should still make a tidy profit. 

57 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The silent ones are registering for Heartsppv ..... up to 368 now!

368 fans who enjoy being pegged, does seem above the national average. 

37 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

:tlj:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, jackal said:

https://nordvpn.com/risk-free-vpn/

30 day free trial with Nord VPN. This is what I use and its always on sale and cashback form Quidco/Top cashback . Im sure even free VPNs would do the job.

Once you install it connect to Netherlands or any other Euro country (Ireland didnt work) then go to Hearts TV and choose monthly £12.99 or yearly £120.

Hearts get all the cash that way.

sorry if this info was posted before

I got 3 years of surfshark for about £60. It works perfectly.

47 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Quite frankly I am sick of folk telling others that if we don't sign up for PPV Hearts will lose money...WELL, in my case they won't because Hearts already have my ST money and FoH get £51 pledge every month.
Those of us who do not want to stump up any more money to support Hearts virtually are perfectly entitled to do so especially when we consider giving ANY cash, even measly penny to ANY clubs who helped deny HMFC the opportunity to uphold a modicum of sporting integrity by not demoting us with 8 games and 24 points left to play for (and YES! I do realise it was our own players who got us to 12th place and YES! I watched more than my fair share of absolute gash performances last season, home and away).
I reserve my right to deny Hearts any more of my hard earned cash since I am already contributing the best part of £1000 this year alone.  
PS blaming COVID no longer washes with me anymore.  Simple fact is that Hearts TV International subscribers get a far better deal than any of the rest of us (I agree that I could use a VPN and gift another 12.99 per month to Hearts but I am unwilling to do so since I feel that most ordinary punters who put their heart and soul into following our team are being deliberately forgotten about and taken for granted like some benevolent herd of cash cows to be milked at every opportunity.)
By the way I do not wish a refund on my ST or will I ever cancel my FOH pledge but I refuse to stand idly by and swallow every 'fantastic opportunity' presented to us by Hearts to 'support' the team from our living rooms!
FFS1 Even a preferential rate for ST holders for the PPV would have been something - although I still would not take the offer up for the reasons stated above.

Finally, I still await the club officially answering my enquiry regarding whether the league opener to be screened by BBC Scotland will be available as part of our 'free access' to Hearts TV or as I suspect it will only be available on BBC Scotland therefore reducing the already reduced 18 home games ST guarantee from 14 to 13!  How are ST holders to be compensated for that?  We wait with bated breath for the Tynecastle beaks to explain that away too.

Rant over!

1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

Quite frankly I am sick of folk telling others that if we don't sign up for PPV Hearts will lose money...WELL, in my case they won't because Hearts already have my ST money and FoH get £51 pledge every month.
Those of us who do not want to stump up any more money to support Hearts virtually are perfectly entitled to do so especially when we consider giving ANY cash, even measly penny to ANY clubs who helped deny HMFC the opportunity to uphold a modicum of sporting integrity by not demoting us with 8 games and 24 points left to play for (and YES! I do realise it was our own players who got us to 12th place and YES! I watched more than my fair share of absolute gash performances last season, home and away).
I reserve my right to deny Hearts any more of my hard earned cash since I am already contributing the best part of £1000 this year alone.  
PS blaming COVID no longer washes with me anymore.  Simple fact is that Hearts TV International subscribers get a far better deal than any of the rest of us (I agree that I could use a VPN and gift another 12.99 per month to Hearts but I am unwilling to do so since I feel that most ordinary punters who put their heart and soul into following our team are being deliberately forgotten about and taken for granted like some benevolent herd of cash cows to be milked at every opportunity.)
By the way I do not wish a refund on my ST or will I ever cancel my FOH pledge but I refuse to stand idly by and swallow every 'fantastic opportunity' presented to us by Hearts to 'support' the team from our living rooms!
FFS1 Even a preferential rate for ST holders for the PPV would have been something - although I still would not take the offer up for the reasons stated above.

Finally, I still await the club officially answering my enquiry regarding whether the league opener to be screened by BBC Scotland will be available as part of our 'free access' to Hearts TV or as I suspect it will only be available on BBC Scotland therefore reducing the already reduced 18 home games ST guarantee from 14 to 13!  How are ST holders to be compensated for that?  We wait with bated breath for the Tynecastle beaks to explain that away too.

Rant over!

A quite magnificent post. Chapeau sir. 

Fag packet accountancy , if 1000 hearts fans OVER the break even figure ( whatever that is ) pay £10 . That’s £5000 to Cowdenbeath . 
their wage bill is probably £2.5k per week so helps them out for a fortnight . 
stuff them ... Only Hearts ♥️ 

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Fag packet accountancy , if 1000 hearts fans OVER the break even figure ( whatever that is ) pay £10 . That’s £5000 to Cowdenbeath . 
their wage bill is probably £2.5k per week so helps them out for a fortnight . 
stuff them ... Only Hearts ♥️ 

This

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I’m currently swithering but thinking about paying for ppv but also donating £10 to FoH as a moral offset payment. I don’t like illegal streams due to a separate moral issue. 🤔

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

In general I agree with this, but I'd find it very hard to understand for an away league game where we're buying direct from our opponents. Unless it's ICT, East Fife, etc.

I am currently in a reverse dilemma.  Usually I am abroad, so watch through TV International with no need for VPN although I need a VPN to watch UK TV.  Now back in West Lothian during lockdown/quarantine/isolation, I require a VPN to watch Hearts (or PPV).  Who'd ha' thunk it?

I reckon I will just listen to audio and catch up on the game once it gets posted on Hearts TV.  I hate Central Park, dilapidated stockcar circuit where pitch is myopically away from the spectators.

Edited by Tasavallan

8 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I am currently in a reverse dilemma.  Usually I am abroad, so watch through TV International with no need for VPN although I need a VPN to watch UK TV.  Now back in West Lothian during lockdown/quarantine/isolation, I require a VPN to watch Hearts (or PPV).  Who'd ha' thunk it?

I reckon I will just listen to audio and catch up on the game once it gets posted on Hearts TV.  I hate Central Park, dilapidated stockcar circuit where pitch is myopically away from the spectators.

not playing at Central Park..playing at East Fife

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic