Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

Hearts continue their Betfred Cup campaign when they face Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

Fresh off the back of an opening day win against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the Jambos meet the Blue Brazil at East Fife’s Bayview stadium in a 3pm kick off.

Because this match is not being covered by the Betfred Cup’s host broadcaster, Premier Sports, the home club has the first option to live stream the game, an agreement in place across all clubs involved in the competition. If the home club does not wish to put provisions in place to live stream then the away club may do so. Costs to do this are shared equally, as is any surplus income generated by pay per view sales, and both sets of fans should be given the same opportunity to access the live stream.

In order to ensure that Hearts fans who wish to see the game on Saturday can do so, we have agreed to broadcast it. Therefore fans of both clubs based inside the UK & Ireland will be able to watch the group stage tie live, and the stream will include live commentary, replays and brand new match graphics.

A PPV arrangement must be agreed between both clubs. In this case, the price agreed is £10.

Hearts TV International subscribers will also receive the live stream as part of their subscription package.

Details of how to purchase Saturday’s match will be announced soon.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

Thought Police

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cowdenbeath didn't want to stream their home game. So now Hearts have agreed to do so and have to give Cowdenbeath half the money?

Its a bit of a catch 22. I don't want a penny going to that mob but I wouldn't want to see Hearts out pocket. A dilemma.

Edit: Cowdenbeath prob knew fine well they would get away with this, due to the amount of us who would want to watch. What a shitey wee club.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cowdenbeath didn't want to stream their home game. So now Hearts have agreed to do so and have to give Cowdenbeath half the money?

Correct. Cowdenbeath own the broadcast rights for this. 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

This was always going to happen. Cowdenbeath will benefit from this as they will get half the money generated via PPV, in the knowledge that if the match had gone ahead then chances are there may have been very, very few HMFC fans at the game. This way rather than getting what they may have got through gate receipts they will actually end up with much more, because they'll know that the vast, vast majority who watch this via PPV will be HMFC fans.

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Yes and no. We only give them half the profit not half the money, so effectively we cover the cost first.

Unclear if they would have had to give us half the money if they had streamed the game. I presume so.

If it’s the only way we get to see it then fine. Costs will be covered so hearts not taking a hit. I would think any surplus is not going to be huge

9 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Correct. They are a cheapskate lot with an opionated Rangers fan at their helm so what do you expect.?

Hearts are thinking about their loyal fans and are not out to just make money.

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Yes and no. We only give them half the profit not half the money, so effectively we cover the cost first.

Unclear if they would have had to give us half the money if they had streamed the game. I presume so.

I don’t think they would have to give us any money of they streamed it themselves but perhaps different rules apply to cup ties. 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No Hearts fan with principles, given what occurred over the summer, will pay for this, outwith those already subscribed internationally.

Wouldn't give them the shite off my shoe.

👍

Thought Police
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

No Hearts fan with principles, given what occurred over the summer, will pay for this, outwith those already subscribed internationally.

This is the issue though isn't it, as the guys above helped me understand. If the game had gone ahead with fans, no Hearts fans would have gone because no one wants to give Cowdenbeath anything. But now, we're in a situation where if people don't watch, Hearts will be out of pocket.

Thought Police
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

No dilemma for me. They can shove their stream up their traitorous arse.

But it's our stream?

8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

What if it makes a loss do they share that as well? Very much doubt it.

Edited by wavydavy

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

and those who have subscribe internationally won't be counted in the PPV figures, so will be able to watch with a clear conscience knowing that they haven't given Cowdenbeath a penny.

been here before
Just now, Thought Police said:

This is the issue though isn't it, as the guys above helped me understand. If the game had gone ahead with fans, no Hearts fans would have gone because no one wants to give Cowdenbeath anything. But now, we're in a situation where if people don't watch, Hearts will be out of pocket.

Just chuck your tenner into the FOH.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, brux said:

Iptv 🤔

But that penalises hearts too

If you can work IPTV you can work a VPN and switch your Hearts TV subscription to an international one.

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Is the correct answer......Gold Star for Jonno.

Just now, Thought Police said:

But it's our stream?

It is but they get half the profit. So we need just enough to subscribe to cover the costs. Those paying for Hearts International will be giving some money to it anyway, I imagine.  Moral dilemmas can be challenging  😄

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

and those who have subscribe internationally won't be counted in the PPV figures, so will be able to watch with a clear conscience knowing that they haven't given Cowdenbeath a penny.

I imagine there has been something paid to stream it on Hearts International. 

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

No dilemma for me. They can shove their stream up their traitorous arse.

I'm feeling same way tbh. I'd have backed Hearts if they decided not to stream but the club seem happy to ignore what happened over the last few months. 

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm pretty sure Cowdenbeath will only be getting their share of PPV minus our production costs.

It might have been different if Cowdenbeath were organising the production.

Edited by David McCaig

Just now, davemclaren said:

Having just had a look at the rules, I don't think so. Looks like all clubs can stream internationally and have been able to do so in previous years.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think they would have to give us any money of they streamed it themselves but perhaps different rules apply to cup ties. 

The ticket sales are normally shared in the cup. It would seem odd on that basis if the sales of 'tickets' for streaming the game weren't shared. Otherwise the difference for the League 2 teams as to whether they get the top seed home or away would be massive.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What if it makes a loss do they share that as well? Very much doubt it.

Unclear. The Hearts statement says "Costs to do this are shared equally, as is any surplus income generated", which would suggest they do have to share the cost if it makes a loss. But I agree, I think it is more likely that what they actually mean is a deduction is made from takings to cover costs, then the remainder is split. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Exactly. The important thing to remember is that if enough people take it up Hearts will make some money. Another thing to remember is that if Hearts don't make money, or worse, lose money, then they will probably shelve this idea for future matches where a similar situation will almost certainly occur.

Ignoring no fans or boycotts, what would have happened with this tie for Hearts TV international subscribers?

As Cowdenbeath have no no TV streaming would Hearts pitch up with full streaming facilities; a mobile phone or audio only?

StirlingJambo
31 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Free for Hearts International subscribers £12.99 per month + VPN 😎

what VPN do you use?

I’m working overseas at the moment but would be handy to have once back home for games that I’ll not be able to attend?

Just a reminder from mid June for those considering paying for the stream:

Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of five sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Each to their own, but he won't be getting a penny from me. The sooner his sh*tey club dies the better 👍

Harry Potter
20 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Aye dont want folk feeling guilty,enough to worry about these days.😕.

Rick Sanchez

I don't see how Hearts miss out on cash when everyone said they'd contribute to the FOH?

Tenner will be going in and I'll watch on a Hearts International stream on Facebook.

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Having just had a look at the rules, I don't think so. Looks like all clubs can stream internationally and have been able to do so in previous years.

The ticket sales are normally shared in the cup. It would seem odd on that basis if the sales of 'tickets' for streaming the game weren't shared. Otherwise the difference for the League 2 teams as to whether they get the top seed home or away would be massive.

Unclear. The Hearts statement says "Costs to do this are shared equally, as is any surplus income generated", which would suggest they do have to share the cost if it makes a loss. But I agree, I think it is more likely that what they actually mean is a deduction is made from takings to cover costs, then the remainder is split. 

Interesting that all clubs can stream internationally and the rights holder gets nothing. 

Jack Torrance

Interesting that Hearts have found the time to organise this but have still to address the issue with holders of multiple season tickets who are effectively expected to pay an exorbitant amount to watch home games.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't see how Hearts miss out on cash when everyone said they'd contribute to the FOH?

Tenner will be going in and I'll watch on a Hearts International stream on Facebook.

Some people said that but certainly not everyone that indicated they were going to boycott. Some of us feel like we are giving Hearts plenty of cash at the moment.

Hearts missing out on a few grand? - a relative drop in the ocean.

Donald Finley's club missing out on the same amount - hopefully hurts them in the pocket. Take your medicine Findlay.

loveofthegame
46 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

It quite clearly states that the costs of streaming are shared equally. Cowdenbeath have to pay half the costs, it is their home game so they have to give us permission to stream and in any event, it is a cup game so ticket sales would always ordinarily be split. We can't have our cake and eat it.

So it leaves folk with a decision about whether to boycott or not. That is personal to each Hearts fan. I was staunch boycott during summer but my position has largely softened around the whole thing now as time has passed. I won't live stream every game (I'm out on Saturday for example), but will likely pay to stream the majority of away games that I'm around for.

I want to watch the game but Cowdenbeath can go **** themselves. And they can do so using that ***** Donald Findlay’s  pipe as a dildo.

Tenner into FoH and I’ll try and find a stream. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It reads that Cowdenbeath weren't going to do anything and as such Hearts are exercising their rights to step in.  

Hearts will be paying the production costs and the PPV income will be ring-fenced to cover this cost... any surplus from the PPV sales of £10 per stream will be split equally.

38 minutes ago, brux said:

Iptv 🤔

But that penalises hearts too

The way I see it is it's IPTV or I don't watch it so Hearts not really missing out.

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

No thanks it actually annoys me that the club has gone to the bother of organising this.

This.

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic