Cowdenbeath v Hearts PPV

Weebroon98

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Aaron78 said:

On that basis, do you think Cowdenbeath are being a bit sly here knowing our supporters are more likely to buy a stream from Hearts and therefore more likely to make Cowdenbeath money that wouldn't have been forthcoming it they'd provided their own stream? 

Possibly, although the fact that the match has been moved to East Fife is probably a factor.

Hearts may quite sly as well, in that they must have a good idea how many fans will access coverage via the Hearts TV International (VPN) option, which won't count as a PPV sale.

It would be ironic if Hearts announced a major sponsorship with a VPN provider!!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

5 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

On that basis, do you think Cowdenbeath are being a bit sly here knowing our supporters are more likely to buy a stream from Hearts and therefore more likely to make Cowdenbeath money that wouldn't have been forthcoming it they'd provided their own stream? 

Possibly but more likely just the fact that they are completely skint and wouldn’t want to risk the investment to set the thing up. Huge damage done to their stand, offices and dressing rooms last weekend, second time in two months, and possibly not insured this time. 

29 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It would be much simpler just to subscribe to Hearts TV International (VPN)

How much will that cost a fan based in the Uk. 

31 minutes ago, H2 said:

I'm happy if Hearts don't do it again, the only clubs that will get anything from me are the ones that did not vote to demote us.

To help reduce Hearts loss I'll give £10 to the foundation, and hope the club get the message that the supporters don't want to give money to the clubs that have cost us millions.

so yes "Support the Hearts" but  don't support the demoters. 

As long as Hearts and Cowdenbeath (or any other rival) are in the SPFL they will be ‘sharing’ central income .... that’s what this members organisation does. 

I’m personally giving Cowdenbeath zero but TBH I can understand if anyone has other ideas , watching the JT’s are in our nature where and when it’s possible.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Why would we have to pay?

I was just asking the question. Gate receipts are shared in cup games so wondered if we might have to contribute.

Anthing is possible in Scottish football.

52 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I think they must have one otherwise the repairs carried out from the first flood would not have been possible for that tinpot crowd, besides, they wouldn't have any sort of licence to allow spectators in if they had no insurance cover.

What first flood and what repairs? I think they get a licence after passing certain safety checks rather than an insurance policy and there will be different types of cover.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It will only be a couple of quid once costs and vat are taken off the purchase price.  Might not even be that much. 

Still £2 too much.

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Says man with IPTV.

So have I, all sentiments echoed.

:)

Haha. Not actually sure it’ll be on the magic box for hee haw my good man. 

Hungry hippo
54 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

#onlyHearts IMO

7000 watched a friendly against Partick. Cowdenbeath were on of the biggest arseholes were they not? They stand to make a small fortune from us

Its only Cowdenbeath FFS - if you want to watch it and Hearts to benefit - Hearts International, get a VPN. Hearts get all the money - Cowdenbeath get sod all, which is what they deserve.

A lot less people will watch this game (paying). I'll guess paying customers of around 2k.

4 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

Just a reminder from mid June for those considering paying for the stream:

Hearts' league reconstruction proposal is "self-seeking" and a "non-starter", says Cowdenbeath chair Donald Findlay.

The Tynecastle club want a 14-14-14 SPFL set-up for the next two seasons - a move that would spare them relegation from the Scottish Premiership.

But Cowdenbeath are one of five sides in the bottom two tiers who have told BBC Scotland they will vote against it.

Each to their own, but he won't be getting a penny from me. The sooner his sh*tey club dies the better 👍

Thanks for the reminder.

I wont be paying for it, just like I wouldnt have gone to the game had fans been allowed.

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

As long as Hearts and Cowdenbeath (or any other rival) are in the SPFL they will be ‘sharing’ central income .... that’s what this members organisation does. 

That's a fair point, However there is funding to the likes of Cowdenbeath who contributed to our demotion that can be avoided, and the money provided to Hearts in different ways.

If you want to financially support the clubs who demoted us, that's up to you, I'm still in angry mode, and bitter against their selfish lack of integrity to our detriment.

maroonlegions

Cowdenbeath can ram their stream right up their sun dont shines.  Never forget and never forgive.

ONLY HEARTS.

FTH. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

At this stage I’m yet to see what the phrase ‘Only Hearts’ means in practice. It just seems like a cheap marketing slogan that buckles every time we have a chance to enforce it. I was well up for boycotting away games when crowds were allowed back into stadiums but already I don’t see the point. It’s of no consequence unless it’s serious.

I don't want to fall out with anyone over this because, as I've said it is a personal choice, but in this particular case, it's an opportunity for Hearts to make some money out of a match where, had there been no access or if Cowdenbeath had been broadcasting, we wouldn't have made a penny.

If as a consequence of us generating some income out of this game, cowdenbeath might make a small amount then, for me, it's a price worth paying to be able to watch my team.

As for the "only Hearts" phrase, the club has to look at each case from a commercial point of view and weigh up the pro's and con's of what is best for our club.

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, non pie buyers like yourself will make all the difference. Take it you’re including yourself in the mouthpiece category?

That's for others to decide. I don't post much because it's not really worth the hassle that goes with it. What I do though is spend a lot of money on Hearts and actually support the team. Many on here do not.

While I wont be taking up the option remember its the chairmen who are dicks in all this. make your own minds up over the clubs and their fans.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Turkishcap said:

While I wont be taking up the option remember its the chairmen who are dicks in all this. make your own minds up over the clubs and their fans.

Aye its a shame for their fans having clowns as chairmen.

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts are making sure there is a stream out there for people to watch.

There are clear options which don't involve giving cash to Cowdenbeath:

1.  Watch via IPTV and donate £10 to FoH

2.  Subscribe to Hearts TV International (VPN) for £12.99 - all money to Hearts.

3. Pay £5 or £6 a month for a UK Hearts World subscription, hide away from the result and watch it "live" on Sunday once it gets uploaded.

4. Find a dodgy stream and watch live for nowt.

2 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

That's for others to decide. I don't post much because it's not really worth the hassle that goes with it. What I do though is spend a lot of money on Hearts and actually support the team. Many on here do not.

Maybe they don’t but I do. It’s up to you if you go or not. All I said was that if you’re going to away games you might as well buy a pie. Not buying one will hardly make any real difference will it?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Maybe they don’t but I do. It’s up to you if you go or not. All I said was that if you’re going to away games you might as well buy a pie. Not buying one will hardly make any real difference will it?

If 1000 don't buy any it'll make a bit of a difference. And you get to support the players. Irrelevant really as highly unlikely to be in any grounds this season.

If we bankrupt every club that's wronged us we'd be playing 3 clubs. Would get a bit stale.

4 hours ago, Jodami said:

I am maybe not best placed to comment as bcd streaming leaves me cold anyway but why is the club even bothering here? Sure the vast majority of us would have happily foregone watching a tinpot cup tie in a tournament that most probably won't be completed anyway. Cowdenbeath are part of the enemy as far as I am concerned. Just another example of people running the club being on a different planet from the fans. 

Nonsense, the club are not forcing anyone to watch it. They are giving you the option though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
21 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't want to fall out with anyone over this because, as I've said it is a personal choice, but in this particular case, it's an opportunity for Hearts to make some money out of a match where, had there been no access or if Cowdenbeath had been broadcasting, we wouldn't have made a penny.

If as a consequence of us generating some income out of this game, cowdenbeath might make a small amount then, for me, it's a price worth paying to be able to watch my team.

As for the "only Hearts" phrase, the club has to look at each case from a commercial point of view and weigh up the pro's and con's of what is best for our club.

Fair enough. I accept your point of view, although I disagree with it.

If that makes sense.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Nonsense, the club are not forcing anyone to watch it. They are giving you the option though.

They shouldn’t be.

IMO.

9 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

If 1000 don't buy any it'll make a bit of a difference. And you get to support the players. Irrelevant really as highly unlikely to be in any grounds this season.

If we bankrupt every club that's wronged us we'd be playing 3 clubs. Would get a bit stale.

FWIW I don’t think hearts fans actions will bankrupt anybody. These clubs not having my cash is all I hope to achieve and I’m glad others agree. I’ve no problem of people disagree and choose to go, it’s their choice. As I said, I just view not buying food and drinks inside away grounds as a bit of an empty gesture.  

CloustonHMFC

I use ExpressVPN, although admittedly I pay for my VPN access because I use it for security as well as masking my location. ExpressVPN is by far and away the best VPN I've ever used and it can be downloaded on my phone, tablet and laptop for one cost. There is plenty of free VPNs or charged ones that offer a free a trial. I'd actually recommend and looking up the benefits of using a VPN for daily usage too.

Getting a VPN and signing up to Hearts TV international for £12.99 is the best way to get the stream without paying Cowdenbeath any dough. I live in Austria so I don't need it for the game. Used Hearts TV for two years and its head and shoulders above all other teams match day coverage tbh.

Morgaro Gomis
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

3 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I use Nord, not the cheapest but very easy and you get 5 devices so you could share the cost. You could probably also find a free trial somewhere. Its set up like a cartoon. Click on the world cartoon map and thats you connected from that country. Handy if you want to do your fixed odds when on holiday as well. 12.99 for heart's International on top, great value. 

Thanks all, will definitely take a look into this. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Fair enough. I accept your point of view, although I disagree with it.

If that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense.

As I keep saying, it's a subject that everyone has an opinion on and there isn't a right or a wrong view.

I'd hate for this to divide fans at a time when, more than ever, we need to be 100% behind the club and all pulling in the same direction

if its the same camera system that partick were using the other week then you're better keeping your money. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They shouldn’t be.

IMO.

That's fine, it goes against your wishes but the poster I replied to said "Just another example of people running the club being on a different planet from the fans."

That's stretching it a bit.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

What first flood and what repairs? I think they get a licence after passing certain safety checks rather than an insurance policy and there will be different types of cover.

They apparently (reported by media and I have no reason to doubt it) had a flood during the summer that took quite a while to clean up and there was a lot of damage done, greater, I think, than this time round. All stadiums have to have insurance (I don't think they own it) otherwise the public wouldn't be allowed in and I'm sure Findlay is far too shrewd and knowledgeable not to ensure his club has an insurance policy that would cover them, not only for public liability and damage to property, but also to cover the cost of hiring an alternative stadium if Central Park was not available.

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

No Hearts fan with principles, given what occurred over the summer, will pay for this, outwith those already subscribed internationally.

Wouldn't give them the shite off my shoe.

Is the correct answer. They can GTF  I’d rather give my money to my ex wife. Fek them

7 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

They apparently (reported by media and I have no reason to doubt it) had a flood during the summer that took quite a while to clean up and there was a lot of damage done, greater, I think, than this time round. All stadiums have to have insurance (I don't think they own it) otherwise the public wouldn't be allowed in and I'm sure Findlay is far too shrewd and knowledgeable not to ensure his club has an insurance policy that would cover them, not only for public liability and damage to property, but also to cover the cost of hiring an alternative stadium if Central Park was not available.

I was under the impression that someone else owned the ground although it may have been a long time ago. It was used for stock car racing or something like that.

Anyway I would rather talk about Hearts than waste our time on this mob.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, wavydavy said:

I was under the impression that someone else owned the ground although it may have been a long time ago. It was used for stock car racing or something like that.

Anyway I would rather talk about Hearts than waste our time on this mob.

I don't think Cowdenbeath own the ground (I mentioned that in my post), so won't be responsible for the building insurance, but may be responsible for their own areas within the stand and ground. If they do lease it then their landlord would probably be responsible for the cost of an alternative ground and have the necessary insurance policy to cover such an eventuality.

My only reservation about boycotting clubs is that the decisions were potentially just at a custodian level and not the wishes of the fans.

However given I had to listen to that windbag Findlay, arguing that Hearts should accept the decision, equating Hearts position with some sh1te that Cowdenbeath could make the playoffs, and knowing full well that if he was still on the board at Rangers and they had similarly been impacted like Hearts, no way would he have accepted the ruling....they can do one.

30 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's fine, it goes against your wishes but the poster I replied to said "Just another example of people running the club being on a different planet from the fans."

That's stretching it a bit.

I don’t think it is graygo. A lot of us want nothing to do with the clubs who kicked us when we were down and the club does not seem to acknowledge that. Refusing to engage with Cowdenbeath on screening this would have been a reasonable choice. 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

As long as your VPN is active and set to a location outwith the UK, just go to Hearts TV and subscribe, it will automatically default to Hearts TV International... even if you give your normal address.

If you already subscribe to Hearts TV Domestic, you may need to cancel your existing subscription.

Or use a different email and create a new account.

Glamorgan Jambo

Normally I’d have had no problem signing up for this but after listening to that windbag Findlay on the radio a couple of months ago they can do one.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Are VPN’s free? 

Fairly inexpensive and lots of one month free trials available.

1 hour ago, H2 said:

That's a fair point, However there is funding to the likes of Cowdenbeath who contributed to our demotion that can be avoided, and the money provided to Hearts in different ways.

If you want to financially support the clubs who demoted us, that's up to you, I'm still in angry mode, and bitter against their selfish lack of integrity to our detriment.

There will only ever be one club I want to financially support, Hearts! 

In ‘Hearts Football World’ Cowdenbeath are totally irrelevant and completely unimportant and always will be!

I’m very happy to give Hearts £5 to watch them ‘live’! Whilst it’s only a small contribution it will support Hearts so we can get through the pandemic and emerge stronger vs other more relevant clubs in the premier division!

18 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I don’t think it is graygo. A lot of us want nothing to do with the clubs who kicked us when we were down and the club does not seem to acknowledge that. Refusing to engage with Cowdenbeath on screening this would have been a reasonable choice. 

Don’t think we have engaged with them. They didn’t want to do it. We do so we  are paying the costs of it. Any profit split between the teams because it’s a cup tie. 

22 minutes ago, Jodami said:

They won't be getting a bolt from me either but I don't blame the club for letting the supporters make that choice.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

They won't be getting a bolt from me either but I don't blame the club for letting the supporters make that choice.

I get that but I think we shouldn't have been placed in what feels like a moral dilemma. 

16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think we have engaged with them. They didn’t want to do it. We do so we  are paying the costs of it. Any profit split between the teams because it’s a cup tie. 

I wasn't suggesting that they had broached it with us, I just think we should have left it. 100% proceeds to the club I can understand, one penny going to any of those who sought to hurt us I cannot. 

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic