• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why did you bite?

There are some people that haven't got a clue what a VPN is or how it works. I just assumed he / she was one of them. 

Not sure what I'm missing here? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

There are some people that haven't got a clue what a VPN is or how it works. I just assumed he / she was one of them. 

Not sure what I'm missing here? 

Jambo-Fox is trolling.

4 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

There's absolutely no doubt a message will be sent tomorrow. Do you think clubs don't talk to each other? Some people will buy the stream but the numbers will be way down on what they would expect from Hearts fans pre the gleeful shafting of a few months ago.

More Hearts fans will buy the stream than would have gone to the game, even if there was not a boycott. (IMO)

Any boycott is a personal choice. It’s not been endorsed by anyone at the club, in fact Neilson and Budge and Naismith have all commented against it. it’s not endorsed by any fans body and it’s not endorsed by the FOH. It’s not organised or publicised in any way shape or form. It’s simply a moral dilemma for individual fans.

Some will want to go and watch the team and will therefore financially support the host club at the same time as supporting the team. That’s been the way of it for many years now. Others will do neither of those things after arriving at their own decision

Personally speaking I would have gone to the Cowdenbeath game had crowds been allowed and I’ll go to all other away grounds apart from Dens, as they crossed the line before and way beyond the others.

I won’t be paying £10 for a stream because it’s too expensive to my mind to watch a single game on TV, a pretty low key game at that. I will probably watch it free.

Everyone has the right to decide here. There is no right and no wrong and certainly no point in alienating each other for our own personal choices

Edited by JimmyCant

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

More Hearts fans will buy the stream than would have gone to the game, even if there was not a boycott. (IMO)

Any boycott is a personal choice. It’s not been endorsed by anyone at the club, in fact Neilson and Budge and Naismith have all commented against it. it’s not endorsed by any fans body and it’s not endorsed by the FOH. It’s not organised or publicised in any way shape or form. It’s simply a moral dilemma for individual fans.

Some will want to go and watch the team and will therefore financially support the host club at the same time as supporting the team. That’s been the way of it for many years now. Others will do neither of those things after arriving at their own decision

Personally speaking I would have gone to the Cowdenbeath game had crowds been allowed and I’ll go to all other away grounds apart from Dens, as they crossed the line before and way beyond the others.

I won’t be paying £10 for a stream because it’s too expensive to my mind to watch a single game on TV, a pretty low key game at that. I will probably watch it free.

Everyone has the right to decide here. There is no right and no wrong and certainly no point in alienating each other for our own personal choices

Apparently 368 have done so.

In normal times, we would be taking 2-3,000 fans through to Central Park (or to Methil in this instance). They would also be paying more than a tenner.

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In normal times, we would be taking 2-3,000 fans through to Central Park (or to Methil in this instance). They would also be paying more than a tenner.

I do not get all this vendetta talk against SPFL clubs because the voted for Hearts' demotion.   If I was a supporter of another club I'd be voting based on the PPG scenario, too.   To be honest the Premiership is diarrhoea this season but looking forward to "Friday night Championship night".

It's Hearts. Life is too short.  I would have paid the £10 to watch if I didn't already have an international subscription.

5 hours ago, tynietigers said:

I only have Rangers, Celtic 🙄 and for some reason Dundee Utd but they don’t show the pay per view games as it’s through a different link. 

I have every premier team and now we're back, Hearts TV. 

15 hours ago, Meadows said:

Fag packet accountancy , if 1000 hearts fans OVER the break even figure ( whatever that is ) pay £10 . That’s £5000 to Cowdenbeath . 
their wage bill is probably £2.5k per week so helps them out for a fortnight . 
stuff them ... Only Hearts ♥️ 

Absolutely spot on. Any Hearts fan who knowingly chooses to subsidise Cowdenbeath needs to give themselves a shake.

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I do not get all this vendetta talk against SPFL clubs because the voted for Hearts' demotion.   If I was a supporter of another club I'd be voting based on the PPG scenario, too.   To be honest the Premiership is diarrhoea this season but looking forward to "Friday night Championship night".

It's Hearts. Life is too short.  I would have paid the £10 to watch if I didn't already have an international subscription.

I have Hearts International and IPTV but will happily pay £10 for the East Fife match.

However, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to avoid giving a penny to the likes of Cowdenbeath,

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

i agree in part but Cowdenbeath and their vile chairman were very pro active accusing Ann Budge and hearts of all sorts.. 

it is personal

Jambo, Goodbye
9 hours ago, Nobreath said:

I'll watch a dodgy pirate stream and put a tenner into FOH to cover my conscience.

Mouthpiece arsehole Findlay and his shitty wee club will see nothing from me. 

This will be my plan too. 

Only Hearts! 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

where are you reading the number geoff

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

where are you reading the number geoff

The "apparently" was from Jambo-Fox's total. No idea where he/she got it from.

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I suppose it depends where you draw the line. 

And after the Zlamal farce I don’t care too much for what Robbie and Budge have to say about boycotts or where we put our cash. Plus the supporters groups should be pushing the Only Hearts agenda 

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's to get round the normal UK ban on showing live matches at 3pm etc.

In this case, I doubt the club would mind as it's maximising our revenue whilst giving Finlay & Co hee-haw.

Using a VPN in itself isn't fraudulent - thousands working from home will be using one to connect to their corporate network, as it provides an encrypted tunnel between client & server.

The club might not mind, but they might be disappointed that after going to the effort and expense of providing a service for their support, it's not taken up, potentially leaving them out of pocket

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The club might not mind, but they might be disappointed that after going to the effort and expense of providing a service for their support, it's not taken up, potentially leaving them out of pocket

Well maybe they’ll finally cotton on as to how the majority of Hearts fans are feeling.

I hope this flops massively.

@David McCaig  If one wanted to go down the route of watching through a VPN. Would you register for Hearts TV with your correct details? You don't have to make up an overseas address or anything?

3 minutes ago, pablo said:

@David McCaig  If one wanted to go down the route of watching through a VPN. Would you register for Hearts TV with your correct details? You don't have to make up an overseas address or anything?

Yes.

All Hearts TV checks for is your server location. If this shows as outside the UK and Ireland it will automatically direct you to Hearts International.

I can understand time being a healer for some but now is not the time. I'll not be helping any club on it's knees. It's about time these clubs died or ****ed off to a non professional setup.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Yes.

All Hearts TV checks for is your server location. If this shows as outside the UK and Ireland it will automatically direct you to Hearts International.

Think I might just join you with this. Cheers. 

22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Hearts will know exactly how many 'international' subscribers they have.

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

apart from  we have Craig   Wighton  so I think 4 would be more realistic :653:

A great opportunity for him to bag a couple of goals hopefully.

Apologies if I’ve missed it but can someone put up how to go about using a vpn.

I’m well used to chucking good money after bad but I’m nowhere near ready to give the likes of Cowdenbeath a penny.

Just now, pablo said:

Think I might just join you with this. Cheers. 

As others have posted there are plenty of vpn offers out there and your £12.99 Hearts International subscription gets you access to all the other Hearts TV features such as Robbie's press conferences etc...

1 minute ago, The Roller said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it but can someone put up how to go about using a vpn.

I’m well used to chucking good money after bad but I’m nowhere near ready to give the likes of Cowdenbeath a penny.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vpnmentor.com/amp/blog/best-vpns-with-free-trials/

23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The club have no right to be disappointed with the support if the club return a lesson this game being streamed it'll maybe let them understand how strong the anger is towards other clubs that couldn't wait to stick the boot into us

Just now, David McCaig said:

As others have posted there are plenty of vpn offers out there and your £12.99 Hearts International subscription gets you access to all the other Hearts TV features such as Robbie's press conferences 

I had a quick look,  found one called VPN Monster which appears to be free. Not sure if there's a catch with it being free?

Just now, pablo said:

I had a quick look,  found one called VPN Monster which appears to be free. Not sure if there's a catch with it being free?

I'd be a bit sceptical if something was free forever.

I've just posted a link of completely trustworthy vpn providers with free trials.

Personally I use Nordvpn, but other such as IP Vanish, Express Vpn and Surf Shark are equally good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.vpnmentor.com/amp/blog/best-vpns-with-free-trials/

Just now, The Roller said:

Cheers, I was looking at NordVPN. I just download that then sign up to Hearts international and the jobs a good un?

Yes, just remember to switch the vpn on and set your location outside UK and Ireland.

My living room will temporarily be in New York City this afternoon 😎

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I'd be a bit sceptical if something was free forever.

I've just posted a link of completely trustworthy vpn providers with free trials.

Personally I use Nordvpn, but other such as IP Vanish, Express Vpn and Surf Shark are equally good.

Nice one. Cheers 

36 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Alternatively people signing up for a £12.99 monthly subscription which sees 100% of revenue going to Hearts may be seen as far more beneficial than numbers of people splitting a one off PPV tenner with Cowdenbeath.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Could you provide links where Budge and Neilson have come and spoken against a boycott please?

You’re right it’s up to the individual what they choose to do, thankfully most of us don’t need those two or anyone at the club to think for us. 
I’m personally for a boycott but can handle giving them a few quid today to see the team, especially seeing as Hearts and East Fife will profit too. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you provide links where Budge and Neilson have come and spoken against a boycott please?

You’re right it’s up to the individual what they choose to do, thankfully most of us don’t need those two or anyone at the club to think for us. 
I’m personally for a boycott but can handle giving them a few quid today to see the team, especially seeing as Hearts and East Fife will profit too. 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Well maybe they’ll finally cotton on as to how the majority of Hearts fans are feeling.

I hope this flops massively.

I doubt the current custodians will ever understand the feelings of the fans, they haven’t so far at any point in time. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, David McCaig said:

Will look through the thread and see what I need to do. 

15 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

If this is the case (Hearts losing money) then I think its a bit of a case of "cutting off your nose" 

One way of looking at it. Another view is it’s a cost worth bearing to pay back Findlay...

If watching it on a stream and still want to give money to hearts either donate to FOH or give it to the JKB player sponsorship either way hearts still get the dosh

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

😱 is this some sort of fraudulent activity 😂 

In some countries it is illegal to use a vpn. 

in terms of using a vpn in this country to subscribe to an international streaming service to watch a football match that is supposed to be ppv only in this country is questionable at best and fraudulent at worst I’d think. 

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We only get a few hundred tickets for Bayview. It only has one stand and no terracing. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, pablo said:

@David McCaig sorry to be a pest, but how do you sign up for international. All, I'm seeing is o Uk option at £5.99 per month

I just came on looking for the same advice 😆

18 minutes ago, pablo said:

@David McCaig sorry to be a pest, but how do you sign up for international. All, I'm seeing is o Uk option at £5.99 per month

you need a VPN that is on and set to a country other than the UK, then when you go to the hearts tv website it will have the international option

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We only get a few hundred tickets for Bayview. It only has one stand and no terracing. 

And how much are said tickets normally?

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In some countries it is illegal to use a vpn. 

in terms of using a vpn in this country to subscribe to an international streaming service to watch a football match that is supposed to be ppv only in this country is questionable at best and fraudulent at worst I’d think. 

An example of one such country is China who like to determine what people can and can't see online.

I have a VPN the other way which allows me to choose when the internet thinks I'm in the UK or other places. Handy for streaming certain geo-blocked programmes.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And how much are said tickets normally?

I'd say for BetFred likely 12-15 for an adult.

Edit - checked, £12 last season for EF Betfred game.

Attendance 1998.

Edited by DETTY29

On 08/10/2020 at 15:48, Turkishcap said:

While I wont be taking up the option remember its the chairmen who are dicks in all this. make your own minds up over the clubs and their fans.

Should of had a poll, yes or no to PPV, 

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic