• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David McCaig

• Jambo-Fox

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Swayed by the arguments for boycotting. I can send another fiver to FoH to compensate the club. I doubt I will miss a great spectacle and will listen on Hearts TV audio. I did try to  register yesterday but could not sign in today. Got as far and change password option so my email address and user name  seemed to be recognised.  "email with further details on password change" flashed up but no email received Anyone else had problems?

Check junk / spam folders for that email.

9 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Hearts TV International and use a VPN. All money goes straight to Hearts 👍🏻

What’s best vpn to use?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

More Hearts fans will buy the stream than would have gone to the game, even if there was not a boycott. (IMO)

Any boycott is a personal choice. It’s not been endorsed by anyone at the club, in fact Neilson and Budge and Naismith have all commented against it. it’s not endorsed by any fans body and it’s not endorsed by the FOH. It’s not organised or publicised in any way shape or form. It’s simply a moral dilemma for individual fans.

Some will want to go and watch the team and will therefore financially support the host club at the same time as supporting the team. That’s been the way of it for many years now. Others will do neither of those things after arriving at their own decision

Personally speaking I would have gone to the Cowdenbeath game had crowds been allowed and I’ll go to all other away grounds apart from Dens, as they crossed the line before and way beyond the others.

I won’t be paying £10 for a stream because it’s too expensive to my mind to watch a single game on TV, a pretty low key game at that. I will probably watch it free.

Everyone has the right to decide here. There is no right and no wrong and certainly no point in alienating each other for our own personal choices

I suppose it depends where you draw the line. 

And after the Zlamal farce I don’t care too much for what Robbie and Budge have to say about boycotts or where we put our cash. Plus the supporters groups should be pushing the Only Hearts agenda 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, maroon said:

Is it worth paying £10 for one camera angle on top of the main stand the whole game? 

If you want to watch it - yes. 

Bazzas right boot

Boycotting of cup games is different as the money is shared no matter where the game is played. 

If it was at Tynecastle it would be the same, Cowdenbeath would get half the profit. 

League games are different as gate receipts go directly to the home club only. 

Are the folk that are boycotting Cup games also boycotting future Cup games at Tynecastle as the away team gets half the profits? 

On 08/10/2020 at 17:11, Jambo-Fox said:

There will only ever be one club I want to financially support, Hearts! 

In ‘Hearts Football World’ Cowdenbeath are totally irrelevant and completely unimportant and always will be!

I’m very happy to give Hearts £5 to watch them ‘live’! Whilst it’s only a small contribution it will support Hearts so we can get through the pandemic and emerge stronger vs other more relevant clubs in the premier division!

Your choice, you are happy to give Cowdenbeath £5,  but no £5 from me to Cowdenbeath, It's all £10 to Hearts.

17 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Go on then, what’s stopping you subscribing to JKB?

Nothing mate. It's not exactly what I was getting at

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boycotting of cup games is different as the money is shared no matter where the game is played. 

If it was at Tynecastle it would be the same, Cowdenbeath would get half the profit. 

Are the folk that are boycotting Cup games also boycotting future Cup games at Tynecastle as the away team gets half the profits? 

Food for thought.  But, there is a significant difference though, in going to the match there is the benefits of the physical support, the noise, the atmosphere, which helps the players. Watching it on TV provides no benefit in the players performance on the field.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, H2 said:

Food for thought.  But, there is a significant difference though, in going to the match there is the benefits of the physical support, the noise, the atmosphere, which helps the players. Watching it on TV provides no benefit in the players performance on the field.

It seems to be, from the posts that the  issue is Cowdenbeath are getting money

If it was at Tynecastle and streamed in the same way, would folk buy it? 

If so, Cowdenbeath would get half. 

Or are folk that are advocating boycotting this, also boycotting all cup games in the future home or away so that the clubs that shat on us get no money?

A league game I understand the logic, but a cup game where we also get half the money is bordering a bit on self harm. 

I've decided against it this time, but if it was at Tynecastle with fans I would likely be there so I'm even in conflict with my own question. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, H2 said:

Your choice, you are happy to give Cowdenbeath £5,  but no £5 from me to Cowdenbeath, It's all £10 to Hearts.

So are  you never going to any cup game again, home or away? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think in a few years maybe but at a time when not giving them money could see them go under would be rather pleasing

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Many will still want their Scottish cup final tickets and will then attempt to justify their actions

Just reality but at present they can pretend they have taken a moral stance

gorgie rd eh11
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It seems to be, from the posts that the  issue is Cowdenbeath are getting money

If it was at Tynecastle and streamed in the same way, would folk buy it? 

If so, Cowdenbeath would get half. 

Or are folk that are advocating boycotting this, also boycotting all cup games in the future home or away so that the clubs that shat on us get no money?

A league game I understand the logic, but a cup game where we also get half the money is bordering a bit on self harm. 

I've decided against it this time, but if it was at Tynecastle with fans I would likely be there so I'm even in conflict with my own question. 

It would be a difficult decision for me, but at the moment if we drew the likes of Dundee or Alloa i wouldn't go and donate the price of a Ticket to FOH. 

There are certain clubs i couldn't stomach giving a penny to.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Personally speaking I will boycott away grounds for cup games, bar semis and finals. It’s a fair point that this means the club will get less money, I would rather the home club gave us half the profits of only their home fans. I will go to home cup games and you’re right it will give the away club money. It is a bit hypocritical in the cold light of day but I feel I want to do something to hurt these clubs, and this is the only means I have of doing it. I’ve given £20 to all the good hits apart from ICT who I can’t see a way to donate yet, apart from Rangers obviously. 
It doesn’t really make sense all together but I suppose that’s football in Scotland. 

Maybe being stupid but have signed up on my tablet for ppv today, but have not been asked for the tenner. 

Does it just get added to your phone bill? 

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Many will still want their Scottish cup final tickets and will then attempt to justify their actions

I'll not try and justify my actions, i'll do what i want when i want. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You think that that game will have fans attending?

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe being stupid but have signed up on my tablet for ppv today, but have not been asked for the tenner. 

No it doesn't. Go into your account on the drop down menu. It will ask for card details then follow the bouncing ball.i found it eventually 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Personally speaking I will boycott away grounds for cup games, bar semis and finals. It’s a fair point that this means the club will get less money, I would rather the home club gave us half the profits of only their home fans. I will go to home cup games and you’re right it will give the away club money. It is a bit hypocritical in the cold light of day but I feel I want to do something to hurt these clubs, and this is the only means I have of doing it. I’ve given £20 to all the good hits apart from ICT who I can’t see a way to donate yet, apart from Rangers obviously. 
It doesn’t really make sense all together but I suppose that’s football in Scotland. 

I'm here as well Tbh. 

More difficult atm as we're just back after a long break and most are still at the excited stage, once I get a fix of honme games I'll be less desperate to see us and give money to other clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

You need to register first at;

https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/register and create an account and then go to the events tab to select the event and pay. Then to watch it’s on;

https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/ once you’ve paid it should take you directly there ...

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It would be a difficult decision for me, but at the moment if we drew the likes of Dundee or Alloa i wouldn't go and donate the price of a Ticket to FOH. 

There are certain clubs i couldn't stomach giving a penny to.

Fair doos. 

Niemi’s gloves

Just seen a piece from a week ago from the Arbroath chairman (apologies if this has been mentioned). Complaining about our game there in two weeks time being on BBC - they’d hoped to get 3000-4000 Hearts fans coughing up at £15 a time to their streaming service. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I think in a few years maybe but at a time when not giving them money could see them go under would be rather pleasing

Might see go under  as well tho, remember a cup Game we get half too. 

It's a cunundrum tho. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Niemi’s gloves said:

Just seen a piece from a week ago from the Arbroath chairman (apologies if this has been mentioned). Complaining about our game there in two weeks time being on BBC - they’d hoped to get 3000-4000 Hearts fans coughing up at £15 a time to their streaming service. 

Yeah it was on here. 

Nae luck for him. 

But the key difference is that is a league game, Arbroath get all the wonga from that. 

Boycotting that makes 100% sense. 

This is a cup game, home or away the money is shared, if folk are boycotting on that principle it means attending or watching any ppv cup game is off the table, even at Tynecastle. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

:jjyay:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah it was on here. 

Nae luck for him. 

But the key difference is that is a league game, Arbroath get all the wonga from that. 

Boycotting that makes 100% sense. 

This is a cup game, home or away the money is shared, if folk are boycotting on that principle it means attending or watching any ppv cup game is off the table, even at Tynecastle. 

I’m happy to miss cup games on that basis. Well not happy but I refuse to pay any money to tinpot twats like Cowdenbeath

58 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What’s best vpn to use?

Using a VPN to watch the game is against the law, people like you should be ashamed, selfish twit.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ignore him ffs :rofl:

Why ?....I would have thought you'd like us to be at the final in 2021

Hypocrisy from some and the posts show some just hate being called out knowing they will not be keeping their promises of contributions and match attendance

To those who do well done and you can hold your head up with pride.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, graygo said:

Using a VPN to watch the game is against the law, people like you should be ashamed, selfish twit.

Jesus, I was away to ask what is the best murder weapon to use, but after that response I'll ask elsewhere 😊

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn't see it as hypocritical, you understandably want to make a stand of some kind but the rules make it difficult. And a 1/4 share of the odd semi final won't make up for the lost revenue of you not buying league tickets for however long you boycott. I'm not sure that I will ever return to away games.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, CJGJ said:

Why ?....I would have thought you'd like us to be at the final in 2021

Hypocrisy from some and the posts show some just hate being called out knowing they will not be keeping their promises of contributions and match attendance

To those who do well done and you can hold your head up with pride.

For me I won't go to away league games (or stream them) not hard for me anyway, but I had planned to do a few this season. 

I'm not going to say I'm boycotting Cup streams or games, because as soon as we get a top league side I'll be there or watching it. 

Most of the joy from Hearts is in the cups, take that away and supporting us would be dull. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Jesus, I was away to ask what is the best murder weapon to use, but after that response I'll ask elsewhere 😊

No you're ok, it was aimed at sanctimonious a'holes who keep banging on about how the law must be obeyed not self confessed law breakers like yourself.

ps. Lead piping. 👍

Edited by graygo

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Hearts TV International and use a VPN. All money goes straight to Hearts 👍🏻

If based in the UK is that legal? 

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You need to register first at;

https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/register and create an account and then go to the events tab to select the event and pay. Then to watch it’s on;

https://ppv.heartsfc.co.uk/ once you’ve paid it should take you directly there ...

Cheers JF. got it ok now.

21 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

No it doesn't. Go into your account on the drop down menu. It will ask for card details then follow the bouncing ball.i found it eventually 

Thanks Norrie.

Got it ok now.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

A dagger made of ice ... Simple 👍

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, hisnameis said:

Anyone on international hearts tv having issues accessing the stream. I am in China and it’s not playing 

They’re coming to your house as we speak

thehibsareintheirbeds

Deciding against the ppv and will find online hopefully.

Doesn't sound like there's going to be much of an uptake- hope its enough to cover costs 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, the ban on people attending games in the flesh has torpedoed the much talked about boycott. I was planning to only attend the ICT away league game rather than the 9 or 10 I would usually have gone along to. 
Given the current climate it really is the case now that we need to maximise the income to Hearts and if that means going to cup ties, or buying ppv for cup ties then so be it given we will make money from it. This is regardless of who the opposition is and whether they make money from the game as well. Anything other than that is really cutting off your nose to spite your face and is self-defeating in reality. The club isn’t in a position to turn off any tap that makes them money. Fans need to wake up and smell the coffee. Lots of fans on here planing to watch today’s game using means that are either not  legal or not allowed by the football authorities. 

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You interpret what you want to. 

• davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic