English Premier League.

maroonlegions

17 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I think it's about time he stops getting interviewed like Julio Geordio

The guy can speak English just strange been manager for 4 years and still doesn't do interviews in English. Then again how many times did south American players do interviews and the media try and play on their words. Coutinho got interviewed a few seasons ago getting asked about his future he found it hard to answer and Oxlade Chamberlin came to his rescue 😂

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Leicester - Spurs looking like a cancellation tonight. 

Confirmed cancelled. I reckon there will be a raft of cancelations by the end of this weeks league programs down south. 

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Confirmed cancelled. I reckon there will be a raft of cancelations by the end of this weeks league programs down south. 

i am expecting all weekend EPL games to be off

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Shutting down this season for a few weeks will be easier due to no Summer tournament.

they might be trying to get to the time of ACON  to help those clubs with players who will be participating

another 4 of the weekends epl games off and in the two remaining games tonight chelsea (werner, lukaku, chilwell, hudson-odoi) are missing 4 and liverpool (van dijk, fabinho, jones) 3 who are all self isolating

Mike Dean centre of attention again. Looked straight at the Newcastle player on the ground holding his head from a corner and allowed play to continue and Liverpool score. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Mike Dean centre of attention again. Looked straight at the Newcastle player on the ground holding his head from a corner and allowed play to continue and Liverpool score. 

The right call I thought. Didn’t look like a head knock. 

1 minute ago, William H. Bonney said:

The right call I thought. Didn’t look like a head knock. 

Maybe not the replay but in real time a player was on the deck clutching his head. 

18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He should have stopped play immediately then resumed by giving the ball to Newcastle.  Not up to the standard we expect in Scotland and in Glasgow in particular.

A few EPL games already off this weekend. Got to wonder how the top teams are failing to stop COVID when there are few smaller teams affected. 

Is there anybody out there who might have recorded the post match Liverpool analysis tonight when the pundit ref on BT Sport said "VAR isn't there to get every decision right" ? :24_shocked:

The panel weren't talking about VAR getting everything correct but having a go at VAR & refs for the clear inconsitencies in penalty awards. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

56 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

A few EPL games already off this weekend. Got to wonder how the top teams are failing to stop COVID when there are few smaller teams affected. 

Maybe they have the money to swallow a government endorsed postponement whereas the smaller clubs don't. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Is there anybody out there who might have recorded the post match Liverpool analysis tonight when the pundit ref on BT Sport said "VAR isn't there to get every decision right" ? :24_shocked:

The panel weren't talking about VAR getting everything correct but having a go at VAR & refs for the clear inconsitencies in penalty awards. 

Decent chance the panel don't understand the VAR process. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nah, it was to do with two very similar penalty  incidents last night  & tonight and Jenas tore into VAR & refs for what seems to be "inconsistency", including the BT ref pundit - who wasn't happy, hence the crazy claim about VAR not getting everything right (which wasn't at all what Jenas was saying). 

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nah, it was to do with two very similar penalty  incidents last night  & tonight and Jenas tore into VAR & refs for what seems to be "inconsistency", including the BT ref pundit - who wasn't happy, hence the crazy claim about VAR not getting everything right (which wasn't at all what Jenas was saying). 

I think it was about the Newcastle player being pushed over with two hands in the box.    Not a shoulder barge.    Looked a penalty to me.   

I didn't watch or record the post match analysis.    

7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I think it was about the Newcastle player being pushed over with two hands in the box.    Not a shoulder barge.    Looked a penalty to me.   

I didn't watch or record the post match analysis.    

It was the actual tackle in another incident which the slo-mos clearly showed was a foul & should've been a penalty.  Still looking on Twitter for a comment. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It was the actual tackle in another incident which the slo-mos clearly showed was a foul & should've been a penalty.  Still looking on Twitter for a comment. 

The other incident I recall was Trent Arnold's tackle, by a toe, looked iffy.   It was extremely close, ball bobs up at slight touch to confirm he touched it.   

Perhaps there's another I've missed.   

Edited by HMFC01

18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The other incident I recall was Trent Arnold's tackle, by a toe, looked iffy.   It was extremely close, ball bobs up at slight touch to confirm he touched it.   

Perhaps there's another I've missed.   

The way the commentators go on about him he’d have to take a player out with a baseball bat before they’d admit he fouled someone. Great player but they don’t half talk him up. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The way the commentators go on about him he’d have to take a player out with a baseball bat before they’d admit he fouled someone. Great player but they don’t half talk him up. 

😀 

I can't find the other incident where I think matip or kunate pushes over a Newcastle player in the box using two hands.    Looks more a penalty that one.  

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

VAR isn’t there to get every decision right. It’s there to overturn “a clear and obvious error” by the ref. 
Think it’s crazy and should be there to get every decision right but that’s not the rules in England.  

Mike Dean should have stopped when the Newcastle player went down holding his head. It was clearly a head injury. 

But Liverpool were attacking and we all know how refs get all excited when that happens. 

Maroon Sailor

Mike Dean star of the show again. His 2 sons with season tickets for the Kop will be delighted with his performance

20211217_001008.thumb.jpg.07058dde69d48b846ec3523c70dbfc77.jpg

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Mike Dean should have stopped when the Newcastle player went down holding his head. It was clearly a head injury. 

But Liverpool were attacking and we all know how refs get all excited when that happens. 

Or Newcastle United players should be playing to the whistle like you would do with offside.

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Or Newcastle United players should be playing to the whistle like you would do with offside.

True, or Liverpool could have recognised the problem and stopped?

From the rules: The referee is only permitted to stop play for an injury if it is deemed serious. Head injuries, suspected fractures, loss of consciousness, open wounds and heavy collisions would usually be deemed serious; rolled ankles, cramps and minor knocks would generally not be deemed serious.

It was a clear and obvious error by Dean as he failed to apply the rules so VAR should have intervened to disallow the goal. Controversial, but no more than having a toddler drawing lines vaguely near an attackers armpit to show offside.

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

He looked at it 3 times.

If Newcastle were away on a break he would've stopped the game imo

57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

True, or Liverpool could have recognised the problem and stopped?

From the rules: The referee is only permitted to stop play for an injury if it is deemed serious. Head injuries, suspected fractures, loss of consciousness, open wounds and heavy collisions would usually be deemed serious; rolled ankles, cramps and minor knocks would generally not be deemed serious.

It was a clear and obvious error by Dean as he failed to apply the rules so VAR should have intervened to disallow the goal. Controversial, but no more than having a toddler drawing lines vaguely near an attackers armpit to show offside.

Why would Liverpool stop ?  the ball was in the net within 10 seconds on an attacked maybe if it was in the middle of the pitch. I'm sure Newcastle wouldn't of stopped either if they were going on the attack to make it 2-0. Liverpool were playing to the refs whistle unlike Newcastle and their amateurish defending I don't know what was worse their footballers or their fans.  I don't think anyone was calling for Arsenal to kick the ball out when they scored against Man United and the keeper was down. who was the ref for that game ? 

I thought it was funny Newcastle fans singing about Gerrard slipping and Ba scoring since 2013/14 Newcastle have went down and the highest they have finished in the premier league is 10th Liverpool have won the champions league and the premier league. 

I hope Newcastle and their fans enjoy the championship next season, The thought of singing Mbappe and Haaland to Elijah Adebayo 

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Why would Liverpool stop ?  the ball was in the net within 10 seconds on an attacked maybe if it was in the middle of the pitch. I'm sure Newcastle wouldn't of stopped either if they were going on the attack to make it 2-0. Liverpool were playing to the refs whistle unlike Newcastle and their amateurish defending I don't know what was worse their footballers or their fans.  I don't think anyone was calling for Arsenal to kick the ball out when they scored against Man United and the keeper was down. who was the ref for that game ? 

I thought it was funny Newcastle fans singing about Gerrard slipping and Ba scoring since 2013/14 Newcastle have went down and the highest they have finished in the premier league is 10th Liverpool have won the champions league and the premier league. 

I hope Newcastle and their fans enjoy the championship next season, The thought of singing Mbappe and Haaland to Elijah Adebayo 

Liverpool fan ?

14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Ok, firstly, don't talk to me like i'm a Newcastle fan or a Man Utd fan or any fan that has an armchair rivalry with Liverpool. I actually quite like them.

Secondly, De Gea's injury was not to his head and quite a few folk were saying after that Arsenal should have kicked the ball out. The ref wasn't Mike Dean, if that's relevant.

The fly in the ointment for Newcastle here, is that the player didn't have a head injury. Yes he was holding his head, but that was play acting. You see clearly from the camera behind the goal that he collides with his own player, there is no collision of heads. The Newcastle player tried it on and it didn't work. Before I get accused of being a Liverpool supporter. My English team has always been Portsmouth.

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The fly in the ointment for Newcastle here, is that the player didn't have a head injury. Yes he was holding his head, but that was play acting. You see clearly from the camera behind the goal that he collides with his own player, there is no collision of heads. The Newcastle player tried it on and it didn't work. Before I get accused of being a Liverpool supporter. My English team has always been Portsmouth.

Konate's elbow hit him.

SectionDJambo
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We say that Glasgow referees shouldn't be in charge of our games against Rangers and Celtic, difficult though that is considering most of them live in or around there. However, Mike Dean, Tranmere Rovers fan, has refereed Everton and Liverpool, both at home, in the last week.

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

And Mike Dean's has always been Liv........ err Tranmere

Was very clever in declaring Tranmere as his team so not to blackball himself from Liverpool matches.

Also means he can ref Everton matches as well

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

And Mike Dean's has always been Liv........ err Tranmere

Was very clever in declaring Tranmere as his team so not to blackball himself from Liverpool matches.

Also means he can ref Everton matches as well

He is quite often spotted watching Tranmere. Seems an awfully elaborate ploy.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

He is quite often spotted watching Tranmere. Seems an awfully elaborate ploy.

Like I say - he's been very clever.