Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

I really hate those behind the player camera angles for penalty kicks. 

Was there actually contact on Salah? I actually missed the replays

Samuel Camazzola

As good as Alexander-Arnold is with a delivery and providing assists, he's honking defensively. 

Likewise, Jordan Henderson will have good leadership qualities but is a very limited footballer. 

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Then why half your games are off

Or half are on!

Are you a half full or half empty guy?

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

As good as Alexander-Arnold is with a delivery and providing assists, he's honking defensively. 

Likewise, Jordan Henderson will have good leadership qualities but is a very limited footballer. 

If you watch Alexander-Arnold during games he is all over the place and comes right over to centre midfield just behind the forwards a lot. I don’t think anyone who watches Liverpool play a lot genuinely thinks he’s a right back, or even a wing back a lot of the time. In a weaker team that would be a huge liability but he gets away with it as Liverpool dominate other teams so much. 

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Spurs done by 2 ridiculous VAR decisions

Do they have to put numpties in charge of that ?

I was more annoyed at the one where Forster threw the ball in the net. The biggest keeper in the league moving forward towards the ball bumps into a player and he instantly is given the foul. I’m not saying keepers don’t need a bit of protection but it wasn’t like he was barged as he tried to get the ball. He made an arse of it but gets the benefit of the doubt. The offside? Well you sort of expect those things now. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

City have another league title wrapped up before NY

Was just going to say that. 
Tinpot league. 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Spurs done by 2 ridiculous VAR decisions

Do they have to put numpties in charge of that ?

Makes up for all those dodgy penalties that Kane/Son/Deli dive for 😆

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

If you watch Alexander-Arnold during games he is all over the place and comes right over to centre midfield just behind the forwards a lot. I don’t think anyone who watches Liverpool play a lot genuinely thinks he’s a right back, or even a wing back a lot of the time. In a weaker team that would be a huge liability but he gets away with it as Liverpool dominate other teams so much. 

His positioning caused a problem with the Leicester goal. He has been the fault at quite a few goals conceded but has also been a main factor in a lot of goals scored. 

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I think Klopp would deal with it if that was against instructions. 
He is the ultimate modern full back: more of a winger but struggles to maintain discipline defensively. 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

His positioning caused a problem with the Leicester goal. He has been the fault at quite a few goals conceded but has also been a main factor in a lot of goals scored. 

VVD didn't cover himself in glory at the goal as well.

Brentford and Arsenal away next for City.

Chelsea v Liverpool on New Year as well.

Arsenal could find themselves fighting for 3rd place if it works out for them.

Spitonastranger
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Or half are on!

Are you a half full or half empty guy?

I know what you are. Stating a fact to you having a pop at our Government 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, benny said:

VVD didn't cover himself in glory at the goal as well.

Brentford and Arsenal away next for City.

Chelsea v Liverpool on New Year as well.

Arsenal could find themselves fighting for 3rd place if it works out for them.

Seemed like he shaped himself to prevent a shot going across the goal. Made Lookman's mind up to go near post. Should have done better. 

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Swear filter / warning in Norwich fans helping Billy Gilmour's career.

Reveal hidden contents

Really hope that loan deal gets cut in Jan and he goes to a club who will play him every week and he comes back to haunt Norwich. 

The Billy Gilmour criticism will be a classic case of fans scapegoating the most conspicuous player. I've seen it on here many times down the years where the central midfield player who is most involved in the game is blamed by many fans when the team loses simply because they are noticed more than anyone else.

Sending Gilmour to Norwich always seemed like a very strange choice for Chelsea. I read somewhere that because he's now played a certain number of games, Chelsea might not be able to recall him mid-season.   

Edited by stirlo

2 hours ago, stirlo said:

The Billy Gilmour criticism will be a classic case of fans scapegoating the most conspicuous player. I've seen it on here many times down the years where the central midfield player who is most involved in the game is blamed by many fans when the team loses simply because they are noticed more than anyone else.

Sending Gilmour to Norwich always seemed like a very strange choice for Chelsea. I read somewhere that because he's now played a certain number of games, Chelsea might not be able to recall him mid-season.   

Pretty much. 

Fozzyonthefence
On 27/12/2021 at 13:18, Jambo-Fox said:

Bizarre behaviour … Drakeford & Sturgeon ‘jumped the gun’ from an aligned UK position just to show they had the power. Scottish Football fans suffer, again!
Scottish vaccination booster programme suspended at Christmas…… meanwhile the EPL, EFL, National Leagues and below party on!

And we continue to dream of beating the Hibees on NYD!

Nothing to do with hating football though, the SG is not singling out football for these restrictions.  I’m sure you’ve absolutely no idea how many members of the SG either like or hate football.  

And an aligned UK approach might sound good in theory until you consider a bumbling, arrogant lunatic with almost 150,000 Covid deaths under his watch would be the main decision maker.  

I’ve no idea what happened in England but in Scotland the vaccination centres were only closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.  Hardly surprising as I doubt there would be much demand for them to be open, certainly not on Christmas Day!

Also,  England is losing way more games to Covid related postponements compared to Scotland.  There’s going to be a huge fixture backlog in England but in Scotland all they’ve done is bring the winter break forward in the Premiership.  In the other 3 Scottish leagues they’re carrying on as normal with very few fixtures getting lost to Covid. The English leagues are going to have a much bigger problem with fixture backlogs (there’s 19 games off tonight alone in the English Championship, League 1 and League 2 - that’s hardly partying on is it?!).

We don’t play on NYD anymore anyway.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

4 hours ago, stirlo said:

Most teams have they're fair share of uneducated fans, Norwich are clearly no different.

The sooner he is back at Chelsea, the better.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Thoughts on that Rudiger tackle ?

Anyone ? 

Just so used to Rudiger getting away with murder. 

I think a yellow was correct as he's not near the player. 

But when he goes to Real Madrid he'll need to change his game or he'll rival Ramos. 

brentford all over man city for the last 5 mins including a clearance off the line, then man city break and it is 1-0 man city. i would say foden looked as on/offside as the kane one the other day 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Nothing to do with hating football though, the SG is not singling out football for these restrictions.  I’m sure you’ve absolutely no idea how many members of the SG either like or hate football.  

And an aligned UK approach might sound good in theory until you consider a bumbling, arrogant lunatic with almost 150,000 Covid deaths under his watch would be the main decision maker.  

I’ve no idea what happened in England but in Scotland the vaccination centres were only closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.  Hardly surprising as I doubt there would be much demand for them to be open, certainly not on Christmas Day!

Also,  England is losing way more games to Covid related postponements compared to Scotland.  There’s going to be a huge fixture backlog in England but in Scotland all they’ve done is bring the winter break forward in the Premiership.  In the other 3 Scottish leagues they’re carrying on as normal with very few fixtures getting lost to Covid. The English leagues are going to have a much bigger problem with fixture backlogs (there’s 19 games off tonight alone in the English Championship, League 1 and League 2 - that’s hardly partying on is it?!).

Ooooh we hate the English … political activation rules ok 😂 

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

brentford all over man city for the last 5 mins including a clearance off the line, then man city break and it is 1-0 man city. i would say foden looked as on/offside as the kane one the other day 

Looks offside. Waiting to see the line. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And do you think the Scottish games will resume as normal after the break?

If so you're in a small minority. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Ooooh we hate the English … political activation rules ok 😂 

What?!

Can’t be arsed debating the points I raised so you just throw in a causal racism accusation with no basis!

Now if you’d said I hate Boris …..

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And do you think the Scottish games will resume as normal after the break?

If so you're in a small minority. 

The Scottish leagues are continuing now, they haven’t stopped.  The Premiership is only having a winter break now.  If you mean do I think we will be back to full capacities I’ve no idea.  I think the 500 maximum will increase when we resume in a couple of weeks.  Although I also wouldn’t be surprised if English capacities are cut in January the way Omicron is spreading. 

1 hour ago, Steak said:

Brighton are a good side

I thought Brighton were very good tonight. Had them at 33/1 to get 6+ corners and 6+ shots on target and they produced the goods.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Man City are extremely excellent at being boringly efficient. 

Paint dry comes to mind.

They’d won their last 3 games 7-0, 4-0 and 6-3!  If that’s boringly efficient or like watching paint dry I’d hate to think what you think about Hearts!  Can only dream about us scoring 17 goals in 3 games!

32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Scottish leagues are continuing now, they haven’t stopped.  The Premiership is only having a winter break now.  If you mean do I think we will be back to full capacities I’ve no idea.  I think the 500 maximum will increase when we resume in a couple of weeks.  Although I also wouldn’t be surprised if English capacities are cut in January the way Omicron is spreading. 

REALLY …..

FBF4CBF1-8DA7-4C73-86F3-43349BFD14AE.jpeg

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Paint dry comes to mind.

Aye ok.Top goals for in the league are boring.

113 league goals in 2021.

38 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Paint dry comes to mind.

7-0 and 6-3 though

Must be boring 

42 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You know fine well we won't be.

The deflection to what England might do is pathetic. 

10 minutes ago, benny said:

Aye ok.Top goals for in the league are boring.

113 league goals in 2021.

Tonight wasn't great but they've been a delight to watch over the last few weeks. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You know fine well we won't be.

The deflection to what England might do is pathetic. 

I don’t know any such thing and neither do you.  And there’s no deflection at all, I’m just highlighting the fact that none of us know what’s going to happen.