English Premier League.

maroonlegions

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not strictly football related but I’m watching the build up to the Manchester Derby and it doesn’t sit right with me having a minutes applause for remembrance. I’m not a poppy fascist like some but I’d rather have a minutes silence and contemplation. 

Completely agree.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Bozi said:

So Villa are now 15th place in the EPL, kind of where you expect them, a middling club who had some glory days and have a decent backing locally but no broad international appeal, kind of like an English Kilmarnock...you think to yourself, that probably where they would expect to be....

But then I heard a Villa fan state recently that Dean Smith on the region of £360MILLION pounds in transfer fees...1

£360 MILLION...to be a shitey wee lower table club,  its absolutely breathtaking 

they spent £88M this summer alone on three players bailly, ings and buendia and their first season back in the PL they spent somethinglike 140-150M

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

United terrified to press the ball and just sitting back. 

Normally the manager that is at the touch line shouting their head off is the one who’s team are behind and chasing the game. Soljkaer meanwhile is sat in his arse and Guardiola is on his feet driving his team on. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Normally the manager that is at the touch line shouting their head off is the one who’s team are behind and chasing the game. Soljkaer meanwhile is sat in his arse and Guardiola is on his feet driving his team on. 

Ole looking glum faced.

A nice wee spell for Utd but City just rip them apart when Utd come at them. 

Utd's defending is hilariously bad. City could be 4 or 5 up by now. 

Watching it as a neutral you can see how much better the coaching is at City. Their play is so much more intelligent and based on the team and not individuals. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Watching it as a neutral you can see how much better the coaching is at City. Their play is so much more intelligent and based on the team and not individuals. 

Me and the lad discussing that very point. Utd are pitiful in comparison. 

14 hours ago, Bozi said:

So Villa are now 15th place in the EPL, kind of where you expect them, a middling club who had some glory days and have a decent backing locally but no broad international appeal, kind of like an English Kilmarnock...you think to yourself, that probably where they would expect to be....

But then I heard a Villa fan state recently that Dean Smith on the region of £360MILLION pounds in transfer fees...1

£360 MILLION...to be a shitey wee lower table club,  its absolutely breathtaking 

I think 360m is spend. It doesn't account for transfer fees received, including the 100m for Grealish this summer. 

Eye watering money but net spend would be a better measure 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

United are doing well playing with 10 men.

Mental decision signing Ronaldo. Sacrifice every bit of progress for one very expensive man. Yes, he'll be their top scorer. But the team as a whole will score less and concede more with him in it. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

HT

Man de Gea 0-2 Man City

My lad "I've only been watching 5 minutes and De Gea's made 3 great saves". 

he has made more saves in this match tahn perierra did in his whole time with us

But come the half time pundits they’ll blame him for the second and concentrate on his “howler” as Neville called it. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Tazio said:

But come the half time pundits they’ll blame him for the second and concentrate on his “howler” as Neville called it. 

Ended up flapping it in to the net

Just now, Tazio said:

Keano's gonna go ape-sh1t.

Go On Popcorn GIF

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ended up flapping it in to the net

It’s the goalkeeper’s lot in life. You can be a hero but everyone remembers the one mistake. Meanwhile a striker can miss a handful but gets praised for the one time they get it right. 

Maroon Sailor

The 2nd goal was pathetic to concede. Anybody would be fuming at conceding a goal like that. 

It's as if they are not bothered

Just now, Tazio said:

It’s the goalkeeper’s lot in life. You can be a hero but everyone remembers the one mistake. Meanwhile a striker can miss a handful but gets praised for the one time they get it right. 

he deserves critism for that goal but more so the defence do, silva was allowed to ghost in at the back post. shaw should have cut it out

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Keane just did - forgetting  de Gea has stopped them from getting anihilated. :facepalm:

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Great entertainment at Old Trafford these days.

7 goals in one and a half matches

It should be more in the second half. 

Captain Lithuania

The best part of it is Ole won’t even get sacked on the back of this. Guys a total imposter and I have called it from day one. 

Beautiful. 

I'm just waiting for the first United played to lose the plot at not being able to get the ball and chop someone for a red. It must be so frustrating playing against a team so good at keeping the ball. 

55 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I'm just waiting for the first United played to lose the plot at not being able to get the ball and chop someone for a red. It must be so frustrating playing against a team so good at keeping the ball. 

they have just said on SSN that in the whole match man u had FOUR touches in the city box

Maroon Sailor

Blackpool have a perfectly good goal chalked off because a striker decided to go for the ball on the line even though it was going in.

As it happens the ball was well over the line but the officials between them royally fecked it up and disallowed it for offside against the striker on the line.

Just leave the fecking ball to go into the net and don't give them a chance to feck up

Brentford and Aston Villa looking like relegation candidates. 

Some encouragement for Newcastle but they'll need to start picking up points. Norwich and Burnley are. 

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

norwich sack farke after norwich get their fiest win of the season

About farking time too on both counts 😎

6 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

The best part of it is Ole won’t even get sacked on the back of this. Guys a total imposter and I have called it from day one. 

Beautiful. 

You can choose how many games you take the form table. The basic people use is last 6 games.

Last 6 games Man Utd in relegation places with Newcastle and Aston Villa. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

Maroon Sailor

Arsenal 1-0 Watford

Sloppy from Watford

VAR should rule it out

And does

0-0 still

Edited by Maroon Sailor