English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree in fact I doubt the manager even wanted him. That was a signing done over his head.

Too many egos there was always going to be a clash. 

Maguire - 80 million. Jesus. Mince.

Pogba - canny be arsed and a wank.

Fernandez- overrated pish.

Ronaldo - posing ponce and a man down when the other team has the ball. Scores a few but Salah is ten times the player.

Man Ure - biggest club in the world my dirty stinking hole. Fan base? ****** base mair like.

Manager and coaching staff will be done when Man City slip them the mutton dagger up their Manc bahooky. 

Agreed, and beautifully put as ever, their only hope is Pep playing all their midfielders, having 90% possession and about 6 shots on target whilst scoring 3. 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mo Salah contract extension is a curious thing.

Maybe tells us a bit about how these things work. Mo Salah has said he wants to stay at Liverpool but that it is 'out of his hands'.

It's now reported he wants £500,000 per week. Suppose that's what happens when everyone says he's the best player in the world. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Mo Salah contract extension is a curious thing.

Maybe tells us a bit about how these things work. Mo Salah has said he wants to stay at Liverpool but that it is 'out of his hands'.

It's now reported he wants £500,000 per week. Suppose that's what happens when everyone says he's the best player in the world. 

If I thought I could earn 26 million a year I'd probably leave a company I liked working for myself, even for him that's a big payrise

39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If I thought I could earn 26 million a year I'd probably leave a company I liked working for myself, even for him that's a big payrise

So he'll be signing for Newcastle?

Will be more to it than mioney and Liverpool will make him their top earner and throw in a few bonuses.

36 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So he'll be signing for Newcastle?

Will be more to it than mioney and Liverpool will make him their top earner and throw in a few bonuses.

I don't know who he'll be signing for, I'm just saying I don't blame him for wanting 26 million a year, I do too.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't know who he'll be signing for, I'm just saying I don't blame him for wanting 26 million a year, I do too.

Hmmm...this is one of those theoretical discussions that gets nowhere (unless your boss is only offering you a measly 22 million a year!)

One thing, he says it is "out of his hands". No it isn't, that is just him taking no responsibility for his next move. If his agent tells him Newcastle are offering £600k/week is it still out of his hands?

He is being greedy. Earns £10m/year but sees someone else earning more and he wants a piece of that. Be honest about it.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm...this is one of those theoretical discussions that gets nowhere (unless your boss is only offering you a measly 22 million a year!)

One thing, he says it is "out of his hands". No it isn't, that is just him taking no responsibility for his next move. If his agent tells him Newcastle are offering £600k/week is it still out of his hands?

He is being greedy. Earns £10m/year but sees someone else earning more and he wants a piece of that. Be honest about it.

Who's being dishonest? I'd like 26 million a year myself

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

A few years ago when Messi and Ronaldo were swapping new contracts every year I thought it was more about earning the most as acknowledgment of being the best player. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

A few years ago when Messi and Ronaldo were swapping new contracts every year I thought it was more about earning the most as acknowledgment of being the best player. 

It's obscene. Ashley Cole is despised for scoffing at a pay incerase from £55k to £60k/week and yet we are supposed to accept players demanding £500k/week?

The hilarious defence I've seen is that he supports charities and schools in the part of Egypt he's from. Maybe he should ask for £300k and the other £200k goes directly to the charity? 

Aye right he will. 

If the going rate for the best players in the world is £500k a week then it is fair enough for Salah to ask for that. Salah is a Muslim, an Arab and an African, the poster boy and the idol for those across North Africa and the Middle East. That sells a lot of shirts and TV deals in an area where football is really taking off.

It's not really his fault that the finances in football are obscene. At the end of the day he is an employee who shines on the pitch to bring billions into the EPL and Liverpool, so should be paid accordingly. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's the bit that annoys me about it. If he just said, I'd like 500k per week I'd think he's just a greedy knob but pretending like it's not his choice just makes him a disingenuous greedy knob.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That's the bit that annoys me about it. If he just said, I'd like 500k per week I'd think he's just a greedy knob but pretending like it's not his choice just makes him a disingenuous greedy knob.

He might have been offered 500k elsewhere so testing the water with the scousers.

Or seen how much Ronaldo is getting so wants the same.

Edited by benny

11 minutes ago, benny said:

He might have been offered 500k elsewhere so testing the water with the scousers.

Or seen how much Ronaldo is getting so wants the same.

He may well have done. It's still entirely his decision if he stays or goes though as he's been offered a new deal. Just be honest and admit he's interested in the remuneration as much as the club.

The epl is sh1te! Give me st Johnstone vs hearts every day of the week over that plastic rubbish, can't wait for the day it goes tits up tbh

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

He may well have done. It's still entirely his decision if he stays or goes though as he's been offered a new deal. Just be honest and admit he's interested in the remuneration as much as the club.

Couldn't care what he is interested in.

On 17/10/2021 at 17:43, Taffin said:

Don't start that again 🤣🤣

But also, Leeds are pump and will struggle this year big time imo.

😉

The Chilean Stendel working his magic again tonight. 

15 hours ago, Taffin said:

I don't get it.

If I tell my work I want 10k a week and they haven't agreed yet, I'd say my future was out of my hands too.

Yeah he's greedy, so what? Who wouldn't be?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't get it.

If I tell my work I want 10k a week and they haven't agreed yet, I'd say my future was out of my hands too.

Yeah he's greedy, so what? Who wouldn't be?

Would another employer pay you 10k per week? If they wouldn't, then I agree, it's not in your hands. But if they would and that's what's important to you, then go and work for them. 

Do you also go around saying you want to end your career with your current employer and to compete against them would make you sad?

As for the questions I didn't criticise for being greedy, I criticised him for his bollocks about it being out of his hands. He's an offer on the table, he claims he wants to stay at Liverpool...then take it. If the money is more important, then go and sign for someone who will pay whatever it is he wants.

I'd chase the money.

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's obscene. Ashley Cole is despised for scoffing at a pay incerase from £55k to £60k/week and yet we are supposed to accept players demanding £500k/week?

It's a false comparison. The money in football now is obscene , especially in England : new TV deals bring in astronomical amounts and sponsors know they get a global audience when sponsoring a club so happily pay crazy sums just to get a mention . Chuck in the global marketing of Liverpool and the revenue streams are eye watering. 

As for Cole, if you're dumb enough to say you nearly crashed your car when you got offered £60K per week , don't be suprised if some people find that offensive. 

49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Would another employer pay you 10k per week? If they wouldn't, then I agree, it's not in your hands. But if they would and that's what's important to you, then go and work for them. 

Do you also go around saying you want to end your career with your current employer and to compete against them would make you sad?

As for the questions I didn't criticise for being greedy, I criticised him for his bollocks about it being out of his hands. He's an offer on the table, he claims he wants to stay at Liverpool...then take it. If the money is more important, then go and sign for someone who will pay whatever it is he wants.

I'd chase the money.

I'm just not seeing what makes him more of a dick than any of the other out of touch super rich young footballers. In fact he seems like a better human being than most of them tbh.

I suppose his views on this either piss you off or they don't.

24 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Arsenal have turned a corner. Could see them being a force in a few years. 

A cheeky wee pound bet on a draw or a Leicester win makes since just now though. 

41 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

0-2 to the Arsenal - Smith-Rowe, Leicester have been awful. 

Four Arsenal attackers in the Leicester box versus seven Leicester players.    Arsenal players closer to the ball though.   Easy finish. 

17 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Extraordinary save from the Arsenal keeper. 

Unbelievable save. Couldn't have seen it until late as well. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Unbelievable save. Couldn't have seen it until late as well. 

And he’s continued in the same form in the 2nd half. Pickford must be looking over his shoulder in terms of the England position. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

And he’s continued in the same form in the 2nd half. Pickford must be looking over his shoulder in terms of the England position. 

a lot of people (including me) doubted arsenal signing him. yes as a number 2 but not as a number 1. so far he has been very good. you could also say tomiyasu bit of an unknown but has started well and tavares is playing well while tierney is out

28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Defo. If he keeps his place and plays like that everyweek. Needs to establish himself as number 1 at Arsenal first you'd think but the competition for a spot in the England squad isn't exactly fierce in the goalkeeping department. 

Leicesters terrible start cost them the game. On the basis of the last 60 minutes of the match, Leicester have probably been the better side. Good to see Arsenal turning a corner though. Leicester need defenders and better options in attacking areas.