English Premier League.

maroonlegions

Malinga the Swinga

Mediocre match between two mediocre sides featuring mediocre players being paid wages that very very few of them deserve.

Everton somehow believe they are a big club that deserve better, despite being shit for years, whilst Wolves fit perfectly into description of mid table with no ambition beyond staying in league.

Better coverage and hype, but absolutely no substance or quality.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Smithee said:

Speaking of 18 I read that NES is getting 18 million for his 18 games in charge

It's tremendous money, once you get nose in trough. Someone somewhere will be desperate and give him job.

Maroon Sailor

Think the secret in England is to be a negative manager, playing shit eye bleeding football. Become a target for the boo boys and get emptied with millions of pounds for sucking the life out of the game.

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Red scouse are loving this. Agent Rafa

Rafa must be the only man to manage Everton in the last 10 years and not really spend money. He brought in Gray , Townsend and Begovic. Where in the past they have spent millions. I reckon the Everton board wanted to cut back and bring in a manager who hasn’t really spent money in football and Rafa was there man. Another couple of defeats and they will be wanting him sacked.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think the secret in England is to be a negative manager, playing shit eye bleeding football. Become a target for the boo boys and get emptied with millions of pounds for sucking the life out of the game.

:levein_interesting:

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Rafa must be the only man to manage Everton in the last 10 years and not really spend money. He brought in Gray , Townsend and Begovic. Where in the past they have spent millions. I reckon the Everton board wanted to cut back and bring in a manager who hasn’t really spent money in football and Rafa was there man. Another couple of defeats and they will be wanting him sacked.

It was never going to take much for some Evertonians to be restless with Rafa.

15 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Regarding Conte and potentially Emery to Newcastle.   Sounds promising for both clubs.    They both need new players just as much as a top manager.    Tottenham maybe abit harsh with the sacking.   I think he needed his own players in whether he was going to do well or not.    No idea what they are up to apart from maybe thinking Conte is a bigger influence to bring the players they want in.    

Going by media reports Conte didn't go to Tottenham in summer because the transfer budget was too low (why he supposedly left Inter Milan).

But is coming to Tottenham now because Levy has promised a big transfer budget  

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It was never going to take much for some Evertonians to be restless with Rafa.

The club is full of individual footballers who they spent millions on. They have won nothing since 1995 and the fans think they are some sort of powerhouse in English football. They need a massive clear out and start again. There is players from Ancelotti, Silva, Allardyce, Koeman days still about millions spent on them. I was surprised they gave Rafa the job Eddie Howe was out of work when they appointed him would of been a better option. 

14 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Newcastle need a whole new squad. They're utter shite and a new manager is not getting much out of Matt Ritchie & nae neck Fraser 

That may well be the attraction for whoever takes over, Newcastle have the finances to cut their losses and ship out the deadwood. Spurs on the other hand are going to struggle to get teams to take a squad of underperforming players off their hands at a price acceptable to Levy.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That may well be the attraction for whoever takes over, Newcastle have the finances to cut their losses and ship out the deadwood. Spurs on the other hand are going to struggle to get teams to take a squad of underperforming players off their hands at a price acceptable to Levy.

The Newcastle first team will have a new look next season. Problem is keeping the deadwood happy until January as most of them will know their days are numbered. 

Spurs are a better fit for Conte. He's got some ready made quality. He'll be off in a couple of years anyway if not before.

Maroon Sailor

Bookies have Emery odds on to become next Newcastle manager.

I don't think they'll get it wrong again

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Newcastle first team will have a new look next season. Problem is keeping the deadwood happy until January as most of them will know their days are numbered. 

Spurs are a better fit for Conte. He's got some ready made quality. He'll be off in a couple of years anyway if not before.

Apart from Wilson up front the rest will be gone at Newcastle I think . They are taking their time to appoint a new manager. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Apart from Wilson up front the rest will be gone at Newcastle I think . They are taking their time to appoint a new manager. 

Saint-Maximin - but he's either red hot or blue cold

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Bookies have Emery odds on to become next Newcastle manager.

I don't think they'll get it wrong again

I’d be happy with that appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Saint-Maximin - but he's either red hot or blue cold

image.png.8459b7be1235d55f20d77a082bb836cc.png

Pretty grim squad!  4 first team goalkeepers 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Maroon Sailor
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Pretty grim 🤣

Elliot Anderson is one to look out for. I thought he opted to play for Scotland but not the case looking at that caption.

19 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Pretty grim 🤣

Elliot Anderson is one to look out for. I thought he opted to play for Scotland but not the case looking at that caption.

Clark 

Dummett

Shelvey 

Ritchie 

Hayden

Fraser

Manquillo 

Gayle 

Championship standard players. 

think short term-ish you'd only want to keep Dubravka, Wilson, Saint-Maximin, Almiron and Joe Willock in the team - somehow craft a defence that doesn't concede until Jan and hope for a handful of top top quality signings.

its a really really average squad at the moment!

Pretty poor from Ryan Fraser not nailing down a start in this team imo, he looked the best player in the squad when at Bournemouth 

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Dubravka, Lascelles, Saint-Maximin, Lewis, Almiron will probably decent squad players to keep. The rest are relegation fodder.. 

I reckon Newcastle would probably need 12-13 new players at £50-60million a pop to get themselves near top 6 next season. Best part of a billion in one window. :lol: I don't know how ambitious their owners want to be or whether they will go that far straight away but nothing would shock me these days. 

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Dubravka, Lascelles, Saint-Maximin, Lewis, Almiron will probably decent squad players to keep. The rest are relegation fodder.. 

I reckon Newcastle would probably need 12-13 new players at £50-60million a pop to get themselves near top 6 next season. Best part of a billion in one window. :lol: I don't know how ambitious their owners want to be or whether they will go that far straight away but nothing would shock me these days. 

Yeah I agree with the names you have mentioned. It is a hard time to be bringing in a manager, They either bring in a manager till the end of the season and hope to avoid relegation or go all out and bring in someone who they see in the job for a few years and get money to spend. 

It will take years for them to become a top 6 side. They won't do it in the next 3/5 years. Its all very well they have billionaire owners but will players want to go and play for Newcastle and the clubs Newcastle will be approaching to sign players from will be adding 20% 30% onto their asking prices. 

Seymour M Hersh
23 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Harsh on the toffees, they won the most games in the 20th century apparently and dwarf Spurs trophy haul in general. 
Obe trophy between the two this century 😆

Ah but being obsessed with all things LFC even more than their own club and as bitter as any rivals (hence their current nickname) you'll ever see is probably why they should be compared to the hobbits. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Sounds as though Emery has seen sense and won't take the Newcastle gig.

He's doing a good job at a brilliant club, why leave for the chaos that awaits in Newcastle.

Maroon Sailor
42 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Sounds as though Emery has seen sense and won't take the Newcastle gig.

He's doing a good job at a brilliant club, why leave for the chaos that awaits in Newcastle.

Has he been offered the job ?

49 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Has he been offered the job ?

Reportedly. He was set to take the job this week but according to BBC he is about to reject it and rightly so.

Maroon Sailor
56 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Reportedly. He was set to take the job this week but according to BBC he is about to reject it and rightly so.

He's not been offered the job but is the No.1 target.

" Emery has reservations about leaving Villareal and the project at Newcastle"

I expect talks will be ongoing today - Emery's 50th birthday 

Spurs done it the right way with Conte - basically signed and sealed weeks ago.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

From Julio Geordie-No to Eddie Howe-Way Man

Great opportunity for him

Yeah it's a good move.    Young manager, enough experience at the top.   Good fit.    

Newcastle United’s new owners have identified Arsenal outcast Matteo Guendouzi as a potential transfer target and are close to appointing Eddie Howe as their new manager, according to reports.

French midfielder Guendouzi has made 82 appearances for the Gunners but it appears as though his Arsenal career is over following two loan spells away from the Emirates.

Guendouzi :wtf:. The guy is unbelievably shit.    That would be a bad start for a signing.

Malinga the Swinga

Eddie Howe to Newcastle. Still, has experience of relegation, so won't come as a shock to him and he may be able to get them back up in a season or two.

42 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Eddie Howe to Newcastle. Still, has experience of relegation, so won't come as a shock to him and he may be able to get them back up in a season or two.

What was being said about Emery suggests Howe will be sacked if Newcastle are relegated. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What was being said about Emery suggests Howe will be sacked if Newcastle are relegated. 

Yep, the second appointment is big one. They'll sack whoever takes job as soon as they can get a so called big name. As long as Howe or anyone taking job has clause saying if sacked, they get all contract paid up. Howe better watch out if he's called to private meeting if he does take job and they go down. The knives are out has a different meaning for the Saudis.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Been saying it will be Howe since the new owners came in. I wonder if he has always been there and the owners were happy to offer him the job but wanted to try every way possible to get a bigger name in and they rejected them so will go back to Howe. Howe wont be arsed 3 years contract will be sacked after 2 and a massive pay off no doubt in his back pocket, He will walk into another job after it. 

Good job for Howe financially. Not sure it's a good job for him career wise, or a good appointment for Newcastle.

Depends on their ambitions I guess. Howe strikes me as an excellent long term manager who can make a team better than the sum of its parts. The perfect Newcastle candidate...before the takeover.

13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Good job for Howe financially. Not sure it's a good job for him career wise, or a good appointment for Newcastle.

Depends on their ambitions I guess. Howe strikes me as an excellent long term manager who can make a team better than the sum of its parts. The perfect Newcastle candidate...before the takeover.

They'll put a brave face on it but that'll surely disappoint their fans

25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It does seem that Newcastle have decided they don't want to be relegated. Although Steve Bruce did a decent job on that last 2 years. 

So not yet a long term manager wanted. 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

They'll put a brave face on it but that'll surely disappoint their fans

Some West Ham fans were disappointed with Moyes but are happy now.

Newcastle is a massive job anyway never mind the situation that faces any new manager.

Nobody has had the success they craved for and we are talking about top football people that gave it a go. Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit, Robson, Souness, Benetiz and even Bruce.

15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Some West Ham fans were disappointed with Moyes but are happy now.

Newcastle is a massive job anyway never mind the situation that faces any new manager.

Nobody has had the success they craved for and we are talking about top football people that gave it a go. Keegan, Dalglish, Gullit, Robson, Souness, Benetiz and even Bruce.

They're now the richest club in the world and their expectations will be sky high, it should be an interesting show if nothing else

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They're now the richest club in the world and their expectations will be sky high, it should be an interesting show if nothing else

If they were comfortable in mid table with a strong squad it's a different ball game.

Chequebook managers would be all over that job

So Villa are now 15th place in the EPL, kind of where you expect them, a middling club who had some glory days and have a decent backing locally but no broad international appeal, kind of like an English Kilmarnock...you think to yourself, that probably where they would expect to be....

But then I heard a Villa fan state recently that Dean Smith on the region of £360MILLION pounds in transfer fees...1

£360 MILLION...to be a shitey wee lower table club,  its absolutely breathtaking 

Not strictly football related but I’m watching the build up to the Manchester Derby and it doesn’t sit right with me having a minutes applause for remembrance. I’m not a poppy fascist like some but I’d rather have a minutes silence and contemplation. 

William H. Bonney
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Not strictly football related but I’m watching the build up to the Manchester Derby and it doesn’t sit right with me having a minutes applause for remembrance. I’m not a poppy fascist like some but I’d rather have a minutes silence and contemplation. 

It seemed to me that there was miscommunication there. I think a minutes silence was intended. Unless of course they said applaud?