English Premier League.

maroonlegions

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Odd how it seems to annoy people that Spurs are ambitious. Are clubs supposed to sit back and accept that they aren’t going to win the league and accept “their place”? 

It's the delusion of grandeur and claims of "The Tottenham Way" that grinds my gears, Taz.

The media love in, too.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Watched the Stevo LC Cup tie with 2 Arsenal fans we met in the pub.

Good laugh comparing notes on the similarities between Hearts/Arsenal v. Hibs/Spurs.

Definitely. 
I triggered a English Tory Spurs/Hibs fan with that a few years back 😆
Last time I saw him he was jogging around Gorgie in Spurs top not long after they horsed us at Tynie, *****.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. 
I triggered a English Tory Spurs/Hibs fan with that a few years back 😆
Last time I saw him he was jogging around Gorgie in Spurs top not long after they horsed us at Tynie, *****.

Tbf, they didn't half flair, swash and buckle that night.

A sore one.

Pasquale for King

Levy and Conte falling out should be worth a watch. Its unusual for him to take a job with a team that has no chance of winning trophies and money to spend. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, martoon said:

Tbf, they didn't half flair, swash and buckle that night.

A sore one.

They had quality all over the pitch then, only Kane, Lloris and maybe Son would get in that team. 

Just now, martoon said:

It's the delusion of grandeur and claims of "The Tottenham Way" that grinds my gears, Taz.

The media love in, too.

When does a club become a deluded one about their success though? As Hearts fans we classify ourselves as a big club in our league. In the last 60 years we have won 1 League Cup and 3 Scottish Clubs. In the same period Spurs have won 1 league, 6 FA cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Cup Winner Cups, 2 UEFA Cups. 
That doesn’t put Spurs anywhere near the level of the very successful clubs in the EPL but people now forget that Chelsea had only won 4 trophies in their whole history before the mid 90’s, should they have just accepted their place? 

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

When does a club become a deluded one about their success though? As Hearts fans we classify ourselves as a big club in our league. In the last 60 years we have won 1 League Cup and 3 Scottish Clubs. In the same period Spurs have won 1 league, 6 FA cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Cup Winner Cups, 2 UEFA Cups. 
That doesn’t put Spurs anywhere near the level of the very successful clubs in the EPL but people now forget that Chelsea had only won 4 trophies in their whole history before the mid 90’s, should they have just accepted their place? 

Yes many think football started in 1992.

Here is me thinking it has been the Heart of Midlothian since 1874.

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No way they should accept mediocrity but that's where they are in modern times. 

It's not going to get any easier, what with Newcastle and their riches.

Although, I get the feeling they won't hit the heights of Chelsea and City despite that wealth.

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, Tazio said:

You tell 'em Taz. 👍 Only the Gooners are a bigger London club. (Levy continues to make an arse of things, that's "all")

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You tell 'em Taz. 👍 Only the Gooners are a bigger London club. (Levy continues to make an arse of things, that's "all")

Levy is a bricks and mortar guy that should stay away from the football side of things. He’s delivered the new stadium and a training centre that is the best in England in the view of many. I was hoping that Paracitti coming in as DOF would solve that but he’s not convinced me yet that he will change things. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Odd how it seems to annoy people that Spurs are ambitious. Are clubs supposed to sit back and accept that they aren’t going to win the league and accept “their place”? 

It doesn't annoy me in the slightest, I've got no skin in the game when it comes to English football. 

There's a difference between ambition and being unrealistic. Their sacking of Potchettino showed up the Spurs hierarchy for what they are, tinpot. That's as good as Spurs were ever going to be. 

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, Tazio said:

Levy is a bricks and mortar guy that should stay away from the football side of things. He’s delivered the new stadium and a training centre that is the best in England in the view of many. I was hoping that Paracitti coming in as DOF would solve that but he’s not convinced me yet that he will change things. 

Should, first of all, have taken the money for, 'arry he's one of us, when he made it clear he wanted a move. Still lots to do after that but it was time for a(nother) new direction.

Anyhow have enough analysis in this respect with Hearts.

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's a difference between ambition and being unrealistic. Their sacking of Potchettino showed up the Spurs hierarchy for what they are, tinpot. That's as good as Spurs were ever going to be. 

How do you know? Spurs could win the EPL next season or the season after. Since 2015 Leicester City have achieved two things they had never achieved before. Becoming league champions for the first time and winning the FA Cup for the first time. If someone had said in  2013/14 that Leicester would be EPL champions and FA Cup winners within the next six years, would you have had them carted off to the funny farm?

3 hours ago, Garrincha said:

Thought Ian Catho might be put in temporary charge, but no, he’s been sacked too. 

Dunfermline are looking for a manager🤣🤣

Maroon Sailor

Clubs requiring managers 

Newcastle

Spurs

Barnsley

Scunthorpe

Dunfermline

Shoogly peg

Norwich

Hibs

Dundee

24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How do you know? Spurs could win the EPL next season or the season after. Since 2015 Leicester City have achieved two things they had never achieved before. Becoming league champions for the first time and winning the FA Cup for the first time. If someone had said in  2013/14 that Leicester would be EPL champions and FA Cup winners within the next six years, would you have had them carted off to the funny farm?

:lol:

Behave. 

Leicester were a result of first class recruitment, the top sides probably not at their best and all those years of experience Ranieri had culminating in a great counter attacking side. I very much doubt that feat will be repeated. 

Spurs aren't going to win the league any time soon. They would need Harry Kane for that to happen and after carrying them for years, he'll be off in the summer.

Perhaps if Spurs bring in a good manager, back him financially and give him time to build a team, they might have a chance in 3 or 4 seasons.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

🤔 He might fancy being nearer home

I think he will get all the time and home he wants over the next few months 😆

1 hour ago, true-jambo said:

Dunfermline are looking for a manager🤣🤣

Catho will some way end up at Everton making thousands a week working with his big mate Rafa again. 

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barnsley have just sacked their head coach too. He was the messiah last season.

Nah the guy who was in charge last season left and became WBA manager. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yep was Valerian Ismael last year and markkus schopp this season until he got the boot

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he will get all the time and home he wants over the next few months 😆

Counting his settlement cash no doubt

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, true-jambo said:

Counting his settlement cash no doubt

Definitely, knowing Levy he might’ve put a break clause after ten games in the small print that meant they get nothing 😆

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Indeed, but don’t derail the thread anymore 😱😜

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but don’t derail the thread anymore 😱😜

Spurs are the Hibs of London 😂

Everton the Hibs of Liverpool too 😂

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Spurs are the Hibs of London 😂

Everton the Hibs of Liverpool too 😂

Harsh on the toffees, they won the most games in the 20th century apparently and dwarf Spurs trophy haul in general. 
Obe trophy between the two this century 😆

Regarding Conte and potentially Emery to Newcastle.   Sounds promising for both clubs.    They both need new players just as much as a top manager.    Tottenham maybe abit harsh with the sacking.   I think he needed his own players in whether he was going to do well or not.    No idea what they are up to apart from maybe thinking Conte is a bigger influence to bring the players they want in.    

Edited by HMFC01

Appoint manager who plays awful football and doesn't win anything...sack manager for playing awful football and not looking like winning anything 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Would be interesting to know what's changed since talks fell down in the summer with Conte.

If anything, you could argue it's a less attractive job now given he would be getting it part way through the season and with no immediate transfer window.

Hindsight is a great thing but maybe Chief execs need to have better judgement? Pochettino was the best manager they’d had for years, certainly since Harry Redknapp. Both were probably the best they’d had for quite some time in all honesty. 

Levy caved into alleged player discontent and didn’t even give Poc a chance to come out his first real dip at Spurs.  He should’ve stuck by his manager and waited until he got the players causing the problems out the club.  

I think they are now actually gone, barely 2 years since MP was sacked. Now they’ve lurched from one bad decision to the next after a period where they’d at least been establishing themselves.  

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Regarding Conte and potentially Emery to Newcastle.   Sounds promising for both clubs.    They both need new players just as much as a top manager.    Tottenham maybe abit harsh with the sacking.   I think he needed his own players in whether he was going to do well or not.    No idea what they are up to apart from maybe thinking Conte is a bigger influence to bring the players they want in.    

Newcastle need a whole new squad. They're utter shite and a new manager is not getting much out of Matt Ritchie & nae neck Fraser 

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Benitez to be sacked by Everton and he'll be back at Newcastle

Feck knows how he got that gig at Everton

He's won one English trophy in his career that Gerrard got him out of jail with in the 06 FA cup final.

Hasn't won a domestic league since 04. La Liga

Fluked the 05 CL on penalties

I think Darren Farley keeps him popular with his impressions of him.

Maroon Sailor
30 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Newcastle need a whole new squad. They're utter shite and a new manager is not getting much out of Matt Ritchie & nae neck Fraser 

Interesting to hear they started with 5 players they had in the Championship 5 years ago !

Ashley really turned the club in to a shell whilst lining his own pockets.

It will take years to reverse his 14 years of neglect. 

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Interesting to hear they started with 5 players they had in the Championship 5 years ago !

Ashley really turned the club in to a shell whilst lining his own pockets.

It will take years to reverse his 14 years of neglect. 

They'd have to spend about a billion quid in one window if they wanted immediate success. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Cruyff said:

They'd have to spend about a billion quid in one window if they wanted immediate success. 

The whole club needs a sheikh up by the sounds of it.

35 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Benitez to be sacked by Everton and he'll be back at Newcastle

Absolute boring football to watch .

Maroon Sailor

Can understand the ref giving that as a penalty for Wolves from his angle but just outside the box.

Free kick wasted

Wolves 2-1 Everton 

76 mins

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Absolute boring football to watch .

Rafa got a free ride there due to the hatred towards Ashley.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Sky Italy reporting Conte has been offered an 18 month deal. That’s about as long as he lasts at a club before getting bored so should work out. 

Speaking of 18 I read that NES is getting 18 million for his 18 games in charge