• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Maroon Sailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 corner kicks in quick succession both end with the ball about 45 yards from goal and going nowhere. 

Awful trend in the modern game that. 

Most predictable 0-0 you could get.   Boring.  For the avoidance of doubt I mean Liverpool v Manchester United. 

Edited by HMFC01

Eye bleeding.

Sack both managers and get all the players oot the door. 

Can't stand Martin Tyler anymore either so Sky should also bolt. 

Up them. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks for the links. 

What an awful game, no quality on show from either side. The games between these two at Anfield rarely live up to the hype, games at Old Trafford usually have more goals. 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

At least there will be a,winner next weekend in their FA cup game.

think I’d rather clean the patio with a toothbrush than go through that again . 

23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Can you provide a stream for it so I can watch? Much better than that nonsense today. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

And then use it on my teeth again. 

Pasquale for King

Watching the Brazilian football on free sports and it’s better than all the games I’ve watched from all around Europe this weekend. 1-2 touch football and usually a forward pass to a player already on the move, makes the game look simple. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Watching the Brazilian football on free sports and it’s better than all the games I’ve watched from all around Europe this weekend. 1-2 touch football and usually a forward pass to a player already on the move, makes the game look simple. 

The two Copa Libertadores semi finals this week were brilliant games. Good football, drama, controversy, and players that looked like they really gave a damn. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Tazio said:

The two Copa Libertadores semi finals this week were brilliant games. Good football, drama, controversy, and players that looked like they really gave a damn. 

Only caught a bit of them, this is a run of the mill league game between Athletico Mineiro and Athletico Golianense but it’s been great.  
No fans either but no lack of effort or intensity. 
Should I turn over for the highlights of Sheffield v Spurs  and that bore fest “biggest game in world football” hahahahaha GTF 🙈

Just watching the international v fortaleza game the now.   Decent match, currently 2-2.   The social distancing during gameplay is alot to be desired.   Referee and players sharing drinking bottles.  Subs without masks on.   

Just saw a score pop up on the TV screen.   One team caught my attention.   Red bull bragantino.    Formerly bragantino ☺.    They have clearly extended their franchise into Brazil.   

West Brom equalise and 1-1 early in the second half at West Ham  6pm kick off on BT sport

Leicester City v Chelsea to follow on Sky...Leicester could go top

Two quality West ham goals.    Both similar in the way they were created.   A cross to the back post, knocked back across into center of box then finished. 

First goal was a cross to the back post,  a half volley cross back into the middle then a cute instinctive chest controlled finish.    I think they meant it. 

Second was just a cross to back post, header back across into middle then a smart scissor kick finish low into the corner. 

Wba goal was from an individual run and shot with some movement in front from his teammates to open the opposition defence up. 

West Ham are going great guns just now. A couple of signings away from being very good. Moyes has got them organised and playing for each other and has made some very astute signings.

I hope the smut barons don’t foist an expensive waster on him and he just signs a striker who can hit the f’n target and works hard for the team.

I like Benrhama, though he’s not tge finished article and Soucek and Coufal were both an absolute steal 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

West Ham are going great guns just now. A couple of signings away from being very good. Moyes has got them organised and playing for each other and has made some very astute signings.

I hope the smut barons don’t foist an expensive waster on him and he just signs a striker who can hit the f’n target and works hard for the team.

I like Benrhama, though he’s not the finished article and Soucek and Coufal were both an absolute steal 

The usual arrogance from the commentators talking about Werner and Havertz not making a serious impact yet, apparently it’s all very well doing well in the Bundesliga but they’re in the EPL now, different level to other leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The usual arrogance from the commentators talking about Werner and Havertz not making a serious impact yet, apparently it’s all very well doing well in the Bundesliga but they’re in the EPL now, different level to other leagues. 

They had good coaches in Germany 

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

World cup wins prove them totally correct😉

Sam Allardyce seems to have admitted in an interview that West Brom and West Ham broke the rules by agreeing as part of a permanent transfer that Snodgrass wouldn't play against his former club. How stupid are people in football? All he needed to do was just not tell anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55723425

Edited by Saint Jambo

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Sam Allardyce seems to have admitted in an interview that West Brom and West Ham broke the rules by agreeing as part of a permanent transfer that he wouldn't play against his former club. How stupid are people in football? All he needed to do was just not tell anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55723425

Ha I was just coming on to post that. The sheer shock and surprise at Allardyce being involved in dodgy transfer clauses. 

I’ll say it again.  The EPL is ****ing mental this year. I can see it going the distance and being between 4/5 teams on the last day.  

Aston Villa (in 11th) would be joint top if they win their 4 games in hand!

10 points separating top and 10th, yet up here there is a 20 odd point gap between 1st and 2nd.  

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Think Frankie boy could be getting his jotters soon

Gerrard to replace him.  He’s falling over to get the job done for them. 

Leicester are a very decent side. And on the other hand Chelsea are really crap considering the players they have at their disposal.

Lampard's coat must be on a shoogly peg.

Would Chelsea look to Rodgers if Lampard was sacked ? I hope if this happened Rodgers would reject it don't know what terms he left on years ago when he was there. 

I don't see Lampard being sacked he will get the time at Chelsea. 

16 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

😂😂😂

Mcginn unlike the Titanic went down before contact was made with the iceberg.

Probably still sad about his shot from the edge of the box that went completely sideways before bouncing and miraculously going backwards. Or maybe his air shot in the box. He does some things well but he is frighteningly slow once it becomes a foot race. Villa had a break a while ago and he must have lost about 10 yards on the other Villa players as they charged forward. 

If that goal isn’t offside then why don’t strikers just hover around behind the defensive line and try and dispossess them when they receive the ball? 

Just now, Tazio said:

Probably still sad about his shot from the edge of the box that went completely sideways before bouncing and miraculously going backwards. Or maybe his air shot in the box. He does some things well but he is frighteningly slow once it becomes a foot race. Villa had a break a while ago and he must have lost about 10 yards on the other Villa players as they charged forward. 

He is limited. Great energy and always looks to go forward, but one-paced and needs too much time on the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If that goal isn’t offside then why don’t strikers just hover around behind the defensive line and try and dispossess them when they receive the ball? 

I can't believe that was allowed to stand. Makes a mockery of the rule.

27 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I can't believe that was allowed to stand. Makes a mockery of the rule.

The rule is perfectly clear .. goal should stand

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

They explained the rule, so the goal was legitimate as Mings deliberately played the ball even if it was with his chest.

Edited by John Findlay

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

They explained the rule, so the goal was legitimate as Mings deliberately played the ball even if it was with his chest.

Yeah i heard it but...a striker (let's say Boyce) can now loiter beyond the final defender, no more than a few feet away, and wait for them to mistime a touch, nick round the side and get the ball? If that ball had been launched by Craig Gordon then it would be called offside as soon as the striker touched it or even got involved, no?

What's the difference?